Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

X Factor' Alum Cher Lloyd Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / X Factor' Alum Cher Lloyd Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation (1806 Views)

Pics: Dencia, Spotted With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian At Roc Nation Party / Omotola Or Cher: Who Is Hotter? / Cher Is 62. . . And Is Smokin' Hott ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

X Factor' Alum Cher Lloyd Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation by rockers: 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2010
Jigga reportedly signed Cher Lloyd to Roc Nation after winning a bidding war with Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am.

Cher Lloyd might not be the 2010 winner of "The X Factor", but she took one step ahead of her fellow "X Factor" friends by landing a record deal in the U.S. with rap mogul Jay-Z. "Even though Cher didn't do terrifically well in the X Factor finals, there's been a hell of a lot of interest in her," a source said.

Before sealing the deal with Roc Nation, Cher reportedly was in the middle of bidding war between will.i.am and Jigga. "All the labels are on the lookout for sassy, young female artists with bags of attitude, and Cher fits that bill perfectly," the source gushed. "will.i.am's backing only intensified the battle to get her signature."

Actually, Cher has caught Jigga's attention before will.i.am set his eyes on the girl. Early this month, Jigga's partner Tinchy Stryder testified, "Cher is a real target for Jay-Z because she's proved she can sing really well, rap - and she's got great stage presence."

The insider went on, "After weighing up the pros and cons, it was thought that the team at Roc Nation would be best placed to turn her dreams of stardom into a reality." Now the singer who finished at the fourth place on the "X Factor" is sharing home with young rising star Willow Smith.

Although Cher and will.i.am did not end up in the same label, that doesn't stop them to make a duet. Previously joining forces on the live stage of the TV show, Cher and the Black Eyed Peas star have entered studio for a duet track. "Cher loyd (sic) and I went in the studio and made a mega smasher, Hey cher, when should we release the song we recorded in london, (Its a smasher)," he tweeted.
http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/x-factor-alum-cher-lloyd

Re: X Factor' Alum Cher Lloyd Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation by tjskii(f): 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2010
hmm another soul recruited in to the illuminati tongue tongue tongue
Re: X Factor' Alum Cher Lloyd Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation by yme1(f): 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2010
wow!!!!
i knew even if she didn't win the x-factor she would be signed to a record label cause she gat lot's of crazy talent/swag
Re: X Factor' Alum Cher Lloyd Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation by Yorisb: 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2010
I still don't get the hype about this girl sef. So arrogant and overrated much. *hisses* undecided

Osondi Owendi!
Re: X Factor' Alum Cher Lloyd Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation by Coolabbie: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2010
Hope she's worth all d hassle.
Re: X Factor' Alum Cher Lloyd Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation by InkedNerd(f): 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2010
tjskii:

hmm another soul recruited in to the illuminati tongue tongue tongue

Oh please
::[/b]rolls eyes[b]::

@OP: When I first saw the chick I thought she was cool. After a while, she just seems fake and very full of herself tongue
Re: X Factor' Alum Cher Lloyd Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation by MrCork2: 10:14am On Dec 31, 2010
BUT Cher dont even have Nyansh _ so why the heck did JAY Z signed her? undecided
Re: X Factor' Alum Cher Lloyd Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation by tjskii(f): 11:29am On Dec 31, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

[font=times][size=12pt]
Oh please
::[/b]rolls eyes[b]::

don't u dare roll ur eyes at me younglady,go to ur room this instant,ure grounded
Re: X Factor' Alum Cher Lloyd Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation by InkedNerd(f): 11:51am On Dec 31, 2010
tjskii:

don't u dare roll your eyes at me younglady,go to your room this instant,ure grounded

Yes ma'am cry

Ehhh, can I take some moi moi with me since I'm on punishment? grin
Re: X Factor' Alum Cher Lloyd Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation by tjskii(f): 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2010
hmmmpff everyone knows wen ure grounded,its groundnuts u eat not moi moi tongue tongue tongue
Re: X Factor' Alum Cher Lloyd Signed To Jay-z's Roc Nation by InkedNerd(f): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2010
tjskii:

hmmmpff everyone knows wen ure grounded,its groundnuts u eat not moi moi tongue tongue tongue

Chineke, you're trying to starve me shocked

(1) (Reply)

Fab Or Drab – Cossy Orjiakor On Set Of A New Video [picture] / Wao I Can't Imagine The Comparison(pics Of The Day) / Exclusive Picture Of Tuface In Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.