Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,726 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:11 AM

Are You An Introvert? Here's How To Become A Better Introvert - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are You An Introvert? Here's How To Become A Better Introvert (427 Views)

7 Tips To Create Better Connections As An Introvert / Steps To End The Year For A Better 2019 / How Do I Overcome An Introvert Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You An Introvert? Here's How To Become A Better Introvert by abayomitheblog(m): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2020
While being an introvert is okay, it can be a bad thing because fortune they say favors the bold. So since we might be unable to become an extrovert, we can learn and become a better introvert.

I grew up scared of social gatherings maybe because I was scared of being judged and stigmatized. Most of us have the same reason, we would rather stay quiet than speak up or stay indoors than go out because we do not want to be judged.

I became an introvert and anything that would bring the spotlight on me, I avoided it. I know you might be like and that is why you are reading this post. Social anxiety can make you nervous when you want to meet someone especially someone new. I learnt over the years that people are your most prized possession. People are your ladder to success whether you like it or not.

Life is not all about you, it is about others and how you can impact others. No one can be successful alone, you need people around you. You need someone to tell your goals, your pain, your victory and even your failure. That is why you and I cannot do without each other. Over the past few weeks, I have made relationship with others top priority (well, I mean before the covid 19 crisis) and each day, I am working gradually to meet this goal.

Here are some ways you can use to become a better introvert.

1. Accept your social awkwardness.
I’ve learnt that whenever you feel like changing anything, the first step is to acknowledge that thing. It is difficult to accept most especially when the problem is fall on the negative trend of life. Accept the problem and then you can find solution. I am accepting that I suck when it comes to meeting new people, keeping conversations going, dancing at parties and so on. You should do the same.

2. Read books to improve yourself
I believe so much in reading books especially self-help books. Although these books won’t help you take action, it is impossible for the writer to help you take action but the writer or the book can inspire you to take action. You can read books on making friends, how to talk to strangers or how become more social or anything. Something to just help you.

I have two books on my reading list

Dale Carnegie’s how to influence people and How to talk to anyone; 92 little tricks for big success in relationships by Leil Lowndes

I recommend you read these books but like I said, they won’t help you take actions so continue reading for how I am taking actions.

3. Look out for where to belong
Many a times we get that social awkwardness because we feel that we do not belong here, and no one is worth relating with. That is the normal as we cannot belong everywhere. I have observed this happen to me a lot of times so I consciously pick gatherings I attend, groups I join and so on because the only time you can really connect with someone is when you and that person have something in common.

4. Intentionally introduce myself to strangers
This is the most difficult action for me but I am pushing it (a day at a time). When you do this too, you will realize the people are actually nicer than they look. I should also say that, it is not any stranger but strangers I feel like would be friend worthy after all your best friend was once a stranger.

5. Remind myself that this is a life of journey not destination
I think we all need this reminder that becoming socially active is a life journey and not a destination so there is no need to put pressure in yourself. There is no need to get mad at yourself when you fail one day, just try again the next day and the next and the next. This reminder will definitely help you stay calm while you smash your social goals whether that is whether it is getting to know people every day or going to gatherings daily.

Read article here
https://yomisblog.com/how-im-consciously-becoming-a-better-introvert-socially-anxious-person/

Re: Are You An Introvert? Here's How To Become A Better Introvert by Loris576(m): 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nice post

I think i've tried all this but to no avail
Re: Are You An Introvert? Here's How To Become A Better Introvert by abayomitheblog(m): 2:48pm On Apr 02, 2020
Keep trying, remember that you are in a journey. I like to read books so you can keep reading books on relationships and friendship
Loris576:
Nice post

I think i've tried all this but to no avail

Re: Are You An Introvert? Here's How To Become A Better Introvert by Loris576(m): 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
abayomitheblog:
Keep trying, remember that you are in a journey. I like to read books so you can keep reading books on relationships and friendship
I'm someone that doesnt even like reading books
Re: Are You An Introvert? Here's How To Become A Better Introvert by abayomitheblog(m): 1:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
Books are not the only way to learn, dear. If you like watching videos, there are lot of youtube videos that can educate and help you.
Loris576:

I'm someone that doesnt even like reading books

1 Like

Re: Are You An Introvert? Here's How To Become A Better Introvert by Loris576(m): 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2020
abayomitheblog:
Books are not the only way to learn, dear. If you like watching videos, there are lot of youtube videos that can educate and help you.
Pls can you send me links of such to my email ?
Thanks
Re: Are You An Introvert? Here's How To Become A Better Introvert by abayomitheblog(m): 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
Sure
Loris576:

Pls can you send me links of such to my email ?
Thanks
Re: Are You An Introvert? Here's How To Become A Better Introvert by Loris576(m): 11:26am On May 07, 2020
abayomitheblog:
While being an introvert is okay, it can be a bad thing because fortune they say favors the bold. So since we might be unable to become an extrovert, we can learn and become a better introvert.

I grew up scared of social gatherings maybe because I was scared of being judged and stigmatized. Most of us have the same reason, we would rather stay quiet than speak up or stay indoors than go out because we do not want to be judged.

I became an introvert and anything that would bring the spotlight on me, I avoided it. I know you might be like and that is why you are reading this post. Social anxiety can make you nervous when you want to meet someone especially someone new. I learnt over the years that people are your most prized possession. People are your ladder to success whether you like it or not.

Life is not all about you, it is about others and how you can impact others. No one can be successful alone, you need people around you. You need someone to tell your goals, your pain, your victory and even your failure. That is why you and I cannot do without each other. Over the past few weeks, I have made relationship with others top priority (well, I mean before the covid 19 crisis) and each day, I am working gradually to meet this goal.

Here are some ways you can use to become a better introvert.

1. Accept your social awkwardness.
I’ve learnt that whenever you feel like changing anything, the first step is to acknowledge that thing. It is difficult to accept most especially when the problem is fall on the negative trend of life. Accept the problem and then you can find solution. I am accepting that I suck when it comes to meeting new people, keeping conversations going, dancing at parties and so on. You should do the same.

2. Read books to improve yourself
I believe so much in reading books especially self-help books. Although these books won’t help you take action, it is impossible for the writer to help you take action but the writer or the book can inspire you to take action. You can read books on making friends, how to talk to strangers or how become more social or anything. Something to just help you.

I have two books on my reading list

Dale Carnegie’s how to influence people and How to talk to anyone; 92 little tricks for big success in relationships by Leil Lowndes

I recommend you read these books but like I said, they won’t help you take actions so continue reading for how I am taking actions.

3. Look out for where to belong
Many a times we get that social awkwardness because we feel that we do not belong here, and no one is worth relating with. That is the normal as we cannot belong everywhere. I have observed this happen to me a lot of times so I consciously pick gatherings I attend, groups I join and so on because the only time you can really connect with someone is when you and that person have something in common.

4. Intentionally introduce myself to strangers
This is the most difficult action for me but I am pushing it (a day at a time). When you do this too, you will realize the people are actually nicer than they look. I should also say that, it is not any stranger but strangers I feel like would be friend worthy after all your best friend was once a stranger.

5. Remind myself that this is a life of journey not destination
I think we all need this reminder that becoming socially active is a life journey and not a destination so there is no need to put pressure in yourself. There is no need to get mad at yourself when you fail one day, just try again the next day and the next and the next. This reminder will definitely help you stay calm while you smash your social goals whether that is whether it is getting to know people every day or going to gatherings daily.

Read article here
https://yomisblog.com/how-im-consciously-becoming-a-better-introvert-socially-anxious-person/
after reading all these books practicing it is always my problem

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Facetime On Your Iphone? / Woodberry Charges - Hushpuppi Accomplice / Bet9ja shop available for sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.