Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

How To Bond With Your Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How To Bond With Your Dog (646 Views)

Cleaned Cow Foetus For Your Dog / Would You Allow Your Dog To Kill A Thief/Robber In Your Home? / Is It Possible To Bond With A Lion Or Tiger The Same Way As A Domesticated Cat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Bond With Your Dog by Geepee77(m): 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2020
Hello Petlanders, I just decided to compose and compound a little write up on how to bond with your dog, I know many of us are already gurus on that but some are yet to know how. Bonding with your dog is one of the best feeling a pet owner will feel and bonding with your dog also helps training and communication easier with your dog.

The greatest way to bond with your dog is to spend quality time with your dog, dogs will even appreciate it more if we spend full day with them grin But common we are human and we have other stuffs to do. Many petlover wish to spend more time with their pets but many of us are very busy and some go to work, office, market etc, but if you truly want to bond with your dog, try and create time for them at least 30 mins a day, try to create time for fun, communicate with them, take a walk with them, bath them, feed them or just sit close to them stare and cuddle.

I have been training dogs for the past 20 years [Mostly German Shepherd (pure and mixed) and Mongrel and I have noticed that dogs pays more attention to what you do rather than what you say ] so in essence, try to do more with petting.

Learn and Observe what your dogs loves doing and give them constant opportunities to do it. Like if you noticed your dog like running round, when you are back from work, you can loose the chain and allow him/her to run while you supervise.

Please note: Even if you don't do all this, your dog will still love you, but there's a big difference between LOVE and BOND. Love usually develops naturally, but the bond takes time and attention to grow. but being alone, even loose in the house, isn’t fun if there’s nobody to play with, so your time is still needed. Giving your dogs food will only make the dog love you but that's not bonding.

Some people might ask how long does bonding time takes?
The truth is that, nobody knows the actual time ooh, dogs have different personality abi na doginality I go talk, some dogs can bond with you in 2 days and some won't bond easily even in 6 months, but puppies bonds easily conmpare to adult dogs.

I think I will stop here, Petlanders should add and contribute, my brain and hands are paining me for typing lol. grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Bond With Your Dog by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 03, 2020
I'll practice it..nice one

1 Like

Re: How To Bond With Your Dog by Geepee77(m): 11:51am On Apr 03, 2020
Xavfra:
I'll practice it..nice one

Thanks... Yep bonding helps a lot. cool

1 Like

Re: How To Bond With Your Dog by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 03, 2020
Geepee77:

Thanks... Yep bonding helps a lot. cool

Yeah...
That's why I love dogs
Re: How To Bond With Your Dog by zoeA: 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2020
Get this Ebook just N500
WhatsApp 08179176060

Re: How To Bond With Your Dog by mosesantony2013: 7:27am On Apr 05, 2020
It is information was really very helpful to me so that it was easy for me touring car racing to take all the available chances of correcting the errors. I got a clear view of all the topics. And so you will be much satisfied after reading this article.

(1) (Reply)

American Bully Xl In Nigeria / The Most Playful And Tolerable Animal U Can Play With Is Cat / My Dog Bite The Entire Carpet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.