Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Hon. Uzosike Donates Food Items, Hand Sanitizers, Face Masks Etc. Indigents - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hon. Uzosike Donates Food Items, Hand Sanitizers, Face Masks Etc. Indigents (202 Views)

How Hand Sanitizers Are Made In Lagos Market, Ojota - Video / COVID-19: Ogun Govt To Distribute “Not For Sale” Hand Sanitizers To Residents / Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hon. Uzosike Donates Food Items, Hand Sanitizers, Face Masks Etc. Indigents by chuksahamefule: 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2020
In an effort to provide succour for his constituents as a result of Coronavirus pandemic in Abia State, member representing Umuahia South State constituency Hon. Barr. Jerry Uzosike on Thursday distributed food items and protective materials to his constituents to cushion the effects of hunger on the people and also to protect them from contracting the deadly coronavirus during the partial lockdown of the state.

The handover of the items was done at the Umuahia South local government headquarters to the Council chairman who in turn instructed the Covid19 committee setup by the Council to ensure equitable distribution of the items which includes 50 bags of rice, 70 cartons of Indomie noodles, 200 bottles of alcohol based hand sanitizers, 50 Wash hand buckets to be placed in all the 28 Primary Healthcare Centers In Umuahia south and 200 face masks for the health workers, he also made a cash donation of half a million naira to be shared to 100 indigent citizens from Umuahia south who are to be selected from the 10 wards in Umuahia South, Hon. Uzosike instructed that the names of the recipients get to him immediately for onwards distribution of the cash money.

Speaking during the handover of the items Hon. Uzosike said the fight against coronavirus can be won if we stay at home, avoid physical contacts, wash our hands regularly with soap and running water and use hand sanitizers, he described it as a responsibility to show care towards the well-being of his constituents owing to the negative effects and sufferings the restriction of movement might have on the people, especially those eking their living through daily earnings. Speaking with the News Gazette Online He said: “In this period, we understand that the partial lock-down in activities will affect some households. There are some people that are daily earners and it might be hard for them to make both ends meet. That is why I thought it fit as their representative to provide these palliatives to cushion the effect of the hardship of the partial lock-down in the state”
“What is most important now is that we all will be alive to see the end of this pandemic and it will not give me any joy if we protect ourselves against the pandemic and hunger will kill us, in this time in our lives every little help matters wherever it is coming from.” “So, there is nothing that is too small and nothing that is too big in this time of emergency”

He called on well-meaning sons and daughters of Umuahia South both at home and abroad irrespective of political leaning to come to the rescue of the indigent in Umuahia South through the Covid19 Committee with anything they can contribute so as to ensure that we keep the virus and hunger away from our people in this challenging period.

Responding the T.C Chairman Hon. Max Adindu said “We want to sincerely thank you for this initiative at this crucial time that we all found ourselves. I must say I am really impressed with the gesture towards our people, I also want to use this opportunity to call upon indigenes of Umuahia South to come to the aid of their brothers and sisters who are less privileged and ensure that we keep this virus away from us.”

Re: Hon. Uzosike Donates Food Items, Hand Sanitizers, Face Masks Etc. Indigents by benuejosh: 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
Great of him

(1) (Reply)

First Coronavirus Case In Ondo Is Military Officer Who Returned From India / How Africa Taught Europe Medicine / My Experience Selling Natural Supplements On Banned PPC Networks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.