Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) (40615 Views)

Ugwuanyi Commences Road Maintenance In Enugu Metropolis / Anambra Youths Hold Clean Up Exercise In Awka And Environs(photos) / Governor Ugwuanyi Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Enugu Metropolis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by mctfopt: 5:45am On Apr 03, 2020
Interesting

Please don't make racist and tribalistic comments on this section
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by 360command: 5:46am On Apr 03, 2020
If our govt take a day in a month to fumigate every areas, mosquitoes no go dey Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by Burgcudi(m): 5:47am On Apr 03, 2020
Lol ....
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by dignity33: 5:50am On Apr 03, 2020
this man Ugwunanyi is exceptional I remember when other governors where running to Abuja for bailout he was one of the governor paying his workers and now since pandemic he has being on the news doing what ever he could to eliminate it . Now I believe that all the award winning are merits not for publicity as his political enemy claim .

10 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by stanleystical5: 5:52am On Apr 03, 2020
KingMicky3286:
They should also wash the forest, there are suspected Fulani- virus in the forest.

Never knew garri is that important until now.
Pls help a brother to buy garri in this trying times.
Uba 2031327949
Be bless and stay safe
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 03, 2020
Is it the hot road surface that's in so much need of disinfection or public places of gathering?
While fumigation is going on commuters are going about unconcerned.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:56am On Apr 03, 2020
To think I once called the governor a buffoon makes me feel ashamed right now.

This is a wonderful news.

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 03, 2020
That's what it's called Fumigation. Not this nonsense they are doing in my area here in Lagos. Protect life from coronavirus, No, them day spray the whatever like say Na shisha them day smoke.

When an Ibo man is out to do something, he does it well. Not this nonsense done in these other states like Kano and the likes. I wonder when these people would ever take something seriously. Ndi igbo mma mma nu

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by lizfrosh: 6:05am On Apr 03, 2020
Nice Development
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by anonimi: 6:05am On Apr 03, 2020
TMSMedia:
More pics

Paparazzi effizy that does not address underlying issues of water supply in the state and the country.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11193577_screenshot20200312093444drive_jpegd05c8ebb54e046a2c4abef99596cd4ed

Blue3k2:
After ranking as the number one country in open defecation, Nigeria again ranks as the poorest in the provision of potable water supply to its citizens.

The Managing Director of Taraba Water and Sewerage Corporation (TAWASCO) Mr Buba Siam, disclosed this at a Knowledge Cafe (Mu-Gana) quarterly meeting between TAWASCO, E-WASH and CSOs involved in the E-WASH projects in the state.

Siam said that despite efforts by the Corporation to ensure adequate water supply to citizens of the state, a lack of adequate funding has continued to militate against achieving the objective.

He regretted that despite abundant water resources, Nigerians still do not have potable water due largely to government negligence and a lack of political will.

“It is so sad that we live in an environment that is suffering serious degradation due to human activities,” Siam said.

“Sanitation has become a global issue of serious concern. Regrettably, despite abundant water resources, most Nigerians still do not have potable water on their tables.

“Nigeria is ranked poorest in terms of water supply to her citizens in the whole of Africa.

“In Taraba State, despite our conscious efforts, we have not been able to meet the water demands of our customers.

“Water supply and sanitation are capital intensive and without adequate funding, there is little the utility companies can do,” he said.

Civil society organisations who spoke at the meeting noted that there are still a lot of households in the state capital that are not yet connected to water supply channels and regretted the preference for open defecation by most people especially in the rural areas and the lack of toilet facilities in public spaces.

The Taraba State Government recently signed into law a bill that has made the state’s water agency a full corporation for better service delivery and profitability.

Source: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/nigeria-leads-africa-in-poor-water-supply-to-citizens/amp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVS0I0H-Ybo

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11193838_7797944screenshot20180917074140samsunginternetjpeg3abc84110de156fe9a5fbee1c2964d46_jpeg1_jpeg5a99d1de3ee58e83e2a30378ae17b47b

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by madjune(m): 6:06am On Apr 03, 2020
We live in scary but really, predictable times.

Watching how this Covid case unfolded to a living reality is like a tale out of Hollywood.

I say it's predictable because, if anyone is a good follower of movies in recent times or books; you could tell that almost all have this overriding central theme of apocalyptic doomsday wrecked by man or virus( remotely unleashed by man) where the world is stripped of all fabrics of modernity and left to fend for itself in the ways of dark age survival modes.

From the books, "The President is missing" to the movies " Walking dead" " Lost" and so many others...
It's been the dread under which our present society is under assault from some foreboding virus or protracted wars etc.
But then, i tell you what?
Something tells me this COVID is the works of some deadly terrorist bodies which seeks to destroy the western world.
A sustained study will tell you that no time has been more expedient than now to attack the west.
We have a President who is all knowing, rather than respect popular logic.
A president who pays more attention to politics, rather than security.
A president who is reactive, rather than proactive.

A president who is most ill qualified to lead America in a time of pervasive crisis.

Our present day reality right now, is like a screenplay for a terrible horror film.
We can only hope this evil eviscerates by the time we all wake up.
Much scarier is, how many people will see the light at dawn.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by anonimi: 6:07am On Apr 03, 2020
stanleystical5:

Uba 2031327949
Be bless and stay safe

Sell your data and phone to buy garri if you have sense, dignity and are truly hungry.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11299349_9319ad1136034e3ab0ecb428eca03a4d_jpeg_jpeg0578a1b740ed07a10024cbcd18c25da9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7224026_images172_jpeg6f3b417dae97065a82e5082e44513c36

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by Marketwindow: 6:10am On Apr 03, 2020
Lonelyhrt1:
Great job

I have free 100k that I am not using, I don't know if I should keep it in the bank or if I should just use it to buy BTC

The guy below me, sorry you didn't make FTC grin grin grin grin
Send something to dis poor family.
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by mustygboy(m): 6:11am On Apr 03, 2020
Unlike my state "Niger" u will never here any better news coming out from that side,we have one of d worst governor in nigeria (bello lolo) so far.kudos to enugu gov't

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by rampantlover: 6:19am On Apr 03, 2020
A country full of fools grin grin grin grin Fumigation should be done at market places and not wasting water on cleaning roads. All markets were closed down in Ghana for a day to be fumigated with the right equipment and this joke I am seeing grin grin grin grin grin grin Nigeria is a joke with a leader who is still struggling to pronounce covid19 grin grin
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by lonelydora: 6:20am On Apr 03, 2020
crestedaguiyi:
I hope others can do something like this or even better.

The ones I saw before was more than shameful to behold

Very shameful
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by WildChild00(m): 6:21am On Apr 03, 2020
This should have been done @ night.
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by DavidAmericana: 6:24am On Apr 03, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by Detour00: 6:26am On Apr 03, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by KingMicky3286: 6:28am On Apr 03, 2020
stanleystical5:

Uba 2031327949
Be bless and stay safe

This lockdown is an opportunity to isolate yourself in a farmland to produce garri for yourself and for others.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by otokx(m): 6:29am On Apr 03, 2020
Does fumigation stop or chase away corona?

shocked
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by Hopebringer: 6:32am On Apr 03, 2020
This is a brilliant governor who improvised intelligently

Good one

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by toprealman: 6:36am On Apr 03, 2020
Must everyone be interviewed ? Bro Coro is spread by talking and breathing according to the latest report!
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by sylve11: 6:36am On Apr 03, 2020
Don't know what to say. But if the citizens of that state say it's okay, then it's okay. : undecided cool
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 6:37am On Apr 03, 2020
rampantlover:
A country full of fools grin grin grin grin Fumigation should be done at market places and not wasting water on cleaning roads. All markets were closed down in Ghana for a day to be fumigated with the right equipment and this joke I am seeing grin grin grin grin grin grin Nigeria is a joke with a leader who is still struggling to pronounce covid19 grin grin
sharap...its done even in d markets and streets...u r just seeing a part of d video

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by HQuadreal: 6:41am On Apr 03, 2020
Lonelyhrt1:
Great job

I have free 100k that I am not using, I don't know if I should keep it in the bank or if I should just use it to buy BTC

The guy below me, sorry you didn't make FTC grin grin grin grin

Borrow me...
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by Focusmind: 6:42am On Apr 03, 2020
Personal hygiene still remains the best protection against this covid.

See them up there castigating what other states are doing.

Nigerians are so myopic. Must everything be about 'my own better pass your own'?

The fact still remains that our cities and towns are nothing to write home about. Unplanned, crowded, lack of mapping both physical and social.

See the way European cities are and ease to navigate and fumigate public places

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by seedorfg(m): 6:44am On Apr 03, 2020
Great job

Though some people will still wail over this, trust Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by Splashme: 6:45am On Apr 03, 2020
dignity33:
This is what should have be doing during the lockdown not parading street beating civilians to death. I salute you Ugwuanyi Enugu is truely in the hand of God.

My brother, the lockdown in Lagos is a waste
Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by zinny377(f): 6:47am On Apr 03, 2020
Good work!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by demitee: 6:53am On Apr 03, 2020
Well done

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Fire Service Fumigates Enugu Metropolis, Environs (Photos, Video) by chelseamann(m): 6:54am On Apr 03, 2020
Sayfact:
don't buy BTC and this moment
what do u know about bitcoin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

From Hideout, I Saw Policemen Hack Dad To Death, Shoot His Nephew Dead / Bola Tinubu At Jumma’at Service Today In Abuja Today / List Of Winners Of APC Governorship Primaries For 2023 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.