Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO (30090 Views)

Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) / Lekki Port Receives $221 Million China Harbour’s Equity Infusion / Calabar Seaport Receives 1st Container Vessel In 13 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by jayson87: 5:21am On Apr 03, 2020
O ga oooo... We no knno whether to celebrate or cry over this news. China just they use money colonize us again in a 21st century.

Very soon they will start making laws and having their own reps in our national assembly. Just watch, it's a matter of time
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by WickedProducer(m): 5:23am On Apr 03, 2020
China buying asset worldwide, they may colonise Africa the second time, God help us.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by PericomaNwankwo: 5:24am On Apr 03, 2020
Dem still dey do this kind thing for Lagos
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by bomber64(m): 5:30am On Apr 03, 2020
Blue3k2:

https://leadership.ng/2020/04/02/lekki-deep-seaport-receives-22m-china-harbour-equity-fund-gets-new-ceo/

Who coursed Nigeria like this?

Must it be China
This people are white devil

Single handed person donated 1/3 of the required amount. Invariable his the...
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by vaca1: 5:34am On Apr 03, 2020
That money should be returned
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Soar2019: 5:38am On Apr 03, 2020
‘Free is costly’ ... 21st century slavery .. here China .. there China .. every state keep borrowing from China .. day of reckoning is coming ... Nigeria beware of China!

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by careidon: 5:39am On Apr 03, 2020
Going by their single largest contributor status and control of board & management (esp the CFO & assistant posts) They own the project/port.
The question to ask is, was the fundings truly brought into 9ja? It seems wrong that the check & balance is missing - the MD can just work and CFO just cross it out at times 5 of value, which is what our politicians always do.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by bayusman: 5:46am On Apr 03, 2020
Gave us debt still bring all their citizen to fill all the better positions. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Obiwank: 5:49am On Apr 03, 2020
Sad news. Look at the composition of the revised management and BOD.

No local oversight for a critical infrastructure such as a seaport ... these guys can bring in anything they want at any time.

We have huge issues. Really worried for our future.

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by wman(m): 5:54am On Apr 03, 2020
Equity not loan.

I don't like how this sounds.

At least you can pay back a loan.

So, they will become controlling shareholders of the port. And the Chinese make up the core of the management board.

We're gradually losing our independence subtely. Chinese steadily colonizing Africa.

Nothing comes freely.

5 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Xano(m): 6:02am On Apr 03, 2020
interesting

Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise Limited (LPLEL) has now received the infusion of $221,047, 248 equity funding from China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC), one of the shareholders of the Lekki Deep Sea Port Project currently under construction at the Lagos Free Trade Zone, Ibeju Lekki.

We know Chinese run the Lekki Free Trade Zone. Now, they run the Lekki Deep Sea Port
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Mizwisdom(f): 6:09am On Apr 03, 2020
China=Viruses
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by bolicks: 6:30am On Apr 03, 2020
Gradually, China is Taking over the Country's Strategic Assets. Great indebtedness looming and eventual Handover to he who pays the Piper. Let's keep Clapping.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Blazebond(m): 6:33am On Apr 03, 2020
We just don't want to learn.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by MusaChukwudi: 6:36am On Apr 03, 2020
ignis:
Our government always signing blind deals with China. Very soon Chinese will take over our country and our children will fight for another independence over Chinese colonial masters.
We have the resources to run our country if managed well, but we will prefer to loot and mismanage it and beg other countries for assistance.
Nigeria is a begging nation. Buhari keeps borrowing at the expense of our children's future.

Insulate yourself and future generations from grinding poverty, have no more than 1 child. Having more makes no sense whatsoever.

4 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 03, 2020
Chinese is not ur friend Nigeria!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:42am On Apr 03, 2020
ignis:
Our government always signing blind deals with China. Very soon Chinese will take over our country and our children will fight for another independence over Chinese colonial masters.
We have the resources to run our country if managed well, but we will prefer to loot and mismanage it and beg other countries for assistance.
Nigeria is a begging nation. Buhari keeps borrowing at the expense of our children's future.

our children will fight for another independence over Chinese colonial masters.

chinese are not europeans . chinese no get human heart

go ask tibetans

http://www.rfi.fr/en/asia-pacific/20190311-tibetans-commemorate-uprising-and-brutal-chinese-occupation-1959

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by grandstar(m): 6:47am On Apr 03, 2020
One is sure to get a decent return when one buys land in Lekki around the Free Trade Zone.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Goalnaldo(m): 6:56am On Apr 03, 2020
Lonelyhrt1:
Hmm, I see China taking over most of our national assets in the near future if we can't fund or pay back our loans

I have free 100k that I am not using, I don't know if I should keep it in the bank or if I should just use it to buy BTC
do giveaway bros.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by MERCHANDISER: 7:05am On Apr 03, 2020
BTW, because a virus started from a place does not mean that place spread it. Only one region in China was infected and that region is now backup but foreigners went there to carry, then distribute to other parts of the world. When China raised the alarm of the virus, all the western leaders (major) claimed it was a lie(hoax), people like Trump and Johnson were mocking China with the virus. Now you want to turn around to wail at the same China that raised the alarm, then went to work to help their own citizens. Name one country a Chinese national infected! I'm not supporting anybody tho

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by simigold: 7:14am On Apr 03, 2020
Just give all the positions to the Chinese and leave the driver positions to Nigerians, change the name to wuhan deep seaport.

Mumu Nigerian leaders, you call it equity funding where's the equity in positions?

Just because you want to eat meat you call cow "Uncle".

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 03, 2020
nairalanduseles:

Just use am buy tools

And start to work

Which type work? I Wan learn
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Salisun(m): 7:19am On Apr 03, 2020
Am I the only one that does not feel good about this deal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by 7lives: 7:20am On Apr 03, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

Insulate yourself and future generations from grinding poverty, have no more than 1 child. Having more makes no sense whatsoever.

grin Shaking table this early in the morning.
Na two I get, I'm so grateful for that decision at the moment.
Last last head go correct.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by donbrowser(m): 7:21am On Apr 03, 2020
Lonelyhrt1:
Hmm, I see China taking over most of our national assets in the near future if we can't fund or pay back our loans

I have free 100k that I am not using, I don't know if I should keep it in the bank or if I should just use it to buy BTC
Loan me I will return 120k after 3 months (cos of lock down)
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Dreyton36: 7:24am On Apr 03, 2020
LEKKI big name

Area of living things
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 03, 2020
Lonelyhrt1:

save it to cowrywise or piggybank

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Clothingonline9(m): 7:32am On Apr 03, 2020
Great and impressive investment I see people from other region with negative reviews assuming it’s ur side won’t you hail the project.
Show love

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by MusaChukwudi: 7:38am On Apr 03, 2020
7lives:

grin Shaking table this early in the morning.
Na two I get, I'm so grateful for that decision at the moment.
Last last head go correct.

Be very grateful. I had 2, best decision I made. My contemporaries have 4, 5 and 6. My 2x are holidaying in Europe. Their 4, 5, 6x are talking "no soup at home".

Back then I told my wife (and her parents) to get lost if not ok with 2x.

Meanwhile my mumu friends allowed Madam to trick them.

Suffering on top 1 life. Just one life.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by waynejesus: 7:43am On Apr 03, 2020
Lonelyhrt1:

With the situation of things now I advise you buy bitcoin sir
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Ramsak1: 7:43am On Apr 03, 2020
Yo'all complaining should calm down. It is equity fund for God's sake, its foreign direct investment into our economy which is a good thing to say the least. Nd beside they have the expertise to make the project come into actualization, its a win-win as evrybody will be happy.
I think we should be gratefull to these chinese because atleast nw we are seeing infrastructures springing up in our country and these guys have the confidence to invest in our economy unlike the westerners we've been in bed with all these while.
Imagine companies Royal Dutch shell, exxonmobile, Chevron, they've being dealing our oil for decades without giving nothing back, they won't even refine here no infrastructures no notin.
Developments we've seen in the past few years dealing with chinese, we'll never see it dealing those westerners because they need us to be poor xoo they can always exploit and take advantage of us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benedicta Daudu Makes SAN Rank Shortlist After Exam Malpractice / Pro-Buhari Rally Staged In Abuja (Photos) / Atiku Pays 7-Year-Old Chimamanda's Surgery Bill, Sends Her Back To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.