Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO (30133 Views)

Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) / Lekki Port Receives $221 Million China Harbour’s Equity Infusion / Calabar Seaport Receives 1st Container Vessel In 13 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by MotiveU(f): 7:47am On Apr 03, 2020
whytediamond:
Money rules the world.

China is playing the money game card very well.

It's all about taking control of world economy starting from emerging markets and developing countries like Nigeria.
Contact me
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by don4real18(m): 7:48am On Apr 03, 2020
Greek gift

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by ALABACONNECT(m): 7:49am On Apr 03, 2020
This is a good move but just another phase of their initial plan to hold world power. The twist coming to light

Don't bite me yet o, it's just my theory
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by slimanyd: 7:49am On Apr 03, 2020
Lonelyhrt1:
Hmm, I see China taking over most of our national assets in the near future if we can't fund or pay back our loans

I have free 100k that I am not using, I don't know if I should keep it in the bank or if I should just use it to buy BTC

bro. Why not put it into these chinese E commerce platform and make around 15k monthly. Watch the video and chat me up via my number below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF8vys6lxa8&t=91s

And chat me through the number below bro

https:///2347039421858
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by bishopmc(m): 7:53am On Apr 03, 2020
Lonelyhrt1:
Hmm, I see China taking over most of our national assets in the near future if we can't fund or pay back our loans

I have free 100k that I am not using, I don't know if I should keep it in the bank or if I should just use it to buy BTC

Guy buy ethereum and keep it. Will appreciate after the Pandemic.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Kinikini: 7:55am On Apr 03, 2020
A second colonisation loading. Our politician elites are a disgrace. Rather than to stop stealing and to restructure the type of government to a less expensive one thereby freeing money for capital projects, they instead prefer to sell the country to any interested foreigner.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by veron007: 7:57am On Apr 03, 2020
So in effect the deep sea port is owned by Chinese. They provide most of the funds and own more than 50%. We just sold our birth right for a pot of porridge. The CEO is also a foreigner appointed by the Chinese to further their interest. Let me tell you about the scenario that plays out here. They provide the funds, control the procurement decisions and manage the port. We will never be able to complete paying back the loan since the project can only buy from Chinese companies at the price they offer. Our mumu never do? What happened to increasing the depth of other ports in Nigeria? We have under utilized ports Calarbar, Warri, Port Harcourt. This shouldn't be our priority now.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by AmTruth: 8:05am On Apr 03, 2020
Good news.

Despite the present virus crisis.

Investments still pouring in.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 03, 2020
nairalanduseles:

Just use am buy tools

And start to work
what tools
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by engrchykae(m): 8:24am On Apr 03, 2020
Axe4christ:
Right now I don trust the Chinese, they are as tricky as their movies
imagine a Chinese CEO

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by selemo: 8:25am On Apr 03, 2020
ignis:
Our government always signing blind deals with China. Very soon Chinese will take over our country and our children will fight for another independence over Chinese colonial masters.
We have the resources to run our country if managed well, but we will prefer to loot and mismanage it and beg other countries for assistance.
Nigeria is a begging nation. Buhari keeps borrowing at the expense of our children's future.
Likewise other black nations.. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by 9jaRealist: 8:27am On Apr 03, 2020
bolicks:
Gradually, China is Taking over the Country's Strategic Assets. Great indebtedness looming and eventual Handover to he who pays the Piper. Let's keep Clapping.
kellidoo:
China giving out funds to claim assets in the Future......same thing they have done to US after releasing corona virus.
Lonelyhrt1:

How is it a “national asset”?
Without the Chinese money to develop it, it would just be forest and swamp land.

Meanwhile, if you cannot pay back loans why shouldn’t the lender seize the asset?
It’s unfortunate that Nigerian ‘culture’ does not seem to prioritize or value probity.
>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by nijiatech78: 8:35am On Apr 03, 2020
You people running to China for Infrastructure financing better learn from Italy. Today Italy is grounded and economically controlled by China who invested heavily in their Ports and Textile industries. They used Italy as a gateway to Europe and today they even have their national bank in Italy used as a conduit pipe to funneled billions of $ from their numerous businesses back to China. BE WISE MY PEOPLE AND THREAD WITH CAUTION WHEN SEEKING FINANCIAL SUPPORT FROM CHINA
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by 9jaRealist: 8:35am On Apr 03, 2020
Xano:
interesting

Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise Limited (LPLEL) has now received the infusion of $221,047, 248 equity funding from China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC), one of the shareholders of the Lekki Deep Sea Port Project currently under construction at the Lagos Free Trade Zone, Ibeju Lekki.

We know Chinese run the Lekki Free Trade Zone. Now, they run the Lekki Deep Sea Port

Did the Chinese invent Lekki? Wasn’t it always there?

Nigerians were busy doing Owambe and bitching about challenges (that is, when they are not too busy fighting and killing each other over tribal nonsense), and the Chinese came all the way from across the globe and saw the very same challenges as OPPORTUNITIES. Now that they’ve put in the hard work and put their money where their mouth is, Nigerians have returned to what they do best - xenophobia and bitching!
>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Mubarak05(m): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2020
Which tools and work if I may ask?
nairalanduseles:

Just use am buy tools

And start to work
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by 9jaRealist: 8:39am On Apr 03, 2020
nijiatech78:
You people running to China for Infrastructure financing better learn from Italy. Today Italy is grounded and economically controlled by China who invested heavily in their Ports and Textile industries. They used Italy as a gateway to Europe and today they even have their national bank in Italy used as a conduit pipe to funneled billions of $ from their numerous businesses back to China. BE WISE MY PEOPLE AND THREAD WITH CAUTION WHEN SEEKING FINANCIAL SUPPORT FROM CHINA

Would be where Italy is than where Nigeria is... undecided
>
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Xano(m): 8:50am On Apr 03, 2020
9jaRealist:

Nigerians were busy doing Owambe and bitching about challenges (that is, when they are not too busy fighting and killing each other over tribal nonsense), and the Chinese came all the way from across the globe and saw the very same challenges as OPPORTUNITIES. Now that they’ve put in the hard work and put their money where their mouth is, Nigerians have returned to what they do best - xenophobia and bitching!
>

Interesting how immature your statement descend to.

Dude, search 'China debt trap'. It would do you good to learn by research.

A little information for your warped mind:

Zambia National electricity and Television company now run by Chinese company.

A port in Sri Lanka has been leased to China for 99 years because of debt default.

Research and find others if you care.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by 9jaRealist: 8:53am On Apr 03, 2020
engrchykae:
imagine a Chinese CEO

Why not? It’s THEIR money...
Nigerian banks in Ghana and across Africa are run by mostly Nigerian CEOs.

Even in the US, Bayo Ogunlesi was CEO of Credit Suisse (investment banking arm)...
I suppose the Americans (or Swiss owners) should not have allowed that to happen.

When people put their money into PRIVATE investment...
They do not want any Federal Character or Quota System nonsense!
>
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by 9jaRealist: 9:01am On Apr 03, 2020
Xano:
Interesting how immature your statement descend to.

Dude, search 'China debt trap'. It would do you good to learn by research.

A little information for your warped mind:

Zambia National electricity and Television company now run by Chinese company.

A port in Sri Lanka has been leased to China for 99 years because of debt default.

Research and find others if you care.

Dude, I do not need to search for any xenophobic articles...

Those assets you list would NOT be there without Chinese money...
NOTHING wrong with a lender taking over assets and recovering his/her money if the debtor is too incompetent to pay back.

Meanwhile, while folks like you are pre-occupied with xenophobic ownership...
Zambia and Sri Lanka now have a FUNCTIONAL electricity plant and port, respectively.
>

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by 9jaRealist: 9:02am On Apr 03, 2020
Lonelyhrt1:
kellidoo:
China giving out funds to claim assets in the Future......same thing they have done to US after releasing corona virus.
Axe4christ:
Right now I don trust the Chinese, they are as tricky as their movies
ignis:
Our government always signing blind deals with China. Very soon Chinese will take over our country and our children will fight for another independence over Chinese colonial masters.
We have the resources to run our country if managed well, but we will prefer to loot and mismanage it and beg other countries for assistance.
Nigeria is a begging nation. Buhari keeps borrowing at the expense of our children's future.
Teeisaac:
China again
AFONJACOW:
$222m to fully export Convik one and nine Birus directly to the heart of Africa... I knw their game plan... Chinese gift is like Greek gift
vicardino:
Why am I feeling so bad about this?
jayson87:
O ga oooo... We no knno whether to celebrate or cry over this news. China just they use money colonize us again in a 21st century.

Very soon they will start making laws and having their own reps in our national assembly. Just watch, it's a matter of time
WickedProducer:
China buying asset worldwide, they may colonise Africa the second time, God help us.
Soar2019:
‘Free is costly’ ... 21st century slavery .. here China .. there China .. every state keep borrowing from China .. day of reckoning is coming ... Nigeria beware of China!
bolicks:
Gradually, China is Taking over the Country's Strategic Assets. Great indebtedness looming and eventual Handover to he who pays the Piper. Let's keep Clapping.
Blazebond:
We just don't want to learn.
SpecialAgent:
Chinese is not ur friend Nigeria!!!
Salisun:
Am I the only one that does not feel good about this deal?
Kinikini:
A second colonisation loading. Our politician elites are a disgrace. Rather than to stop stealing and to restructure the type of government to a less expensive one thereby freeing money for capital projects, they instead prefer to sell the country to any interested foreigner.

First, this is EQUITY and not a loan...
It means the investor is assuming the RISK of failure and will leave empty handed if the project fails.

Equity investment is actually a vote of confidence in the Nigerian economy (at a time Western rating agencies are downgrading Nigeria to junk status). The stark REALITY starring in our collective faces is that Nigeria reportedly requires a minimum of about US$3 trillion (IMF figures) or approximately US$30 billion yearly (McKinsey Report on Nigeria) over the next decade to bridge its ever-widening infrastructure gap. Nigeria simply does not have these funds to invest in infrastructure, and accordingly we are going to need massive gobs of foreign capital.

At the end of the day if, in the worst case scenario espoused by so many comments on this thread, these Chinese-financed infrastructure projects fail and (as the argument goes) China takes possession and assume control of said assets, Nigeria will still be left with a world-class deep seaport, modern double-track standard gauge rail lines, massive hydro power plants in Zungeru and Mambilla (generating more power than is currently available on the National Grid for most of the year), etc. The Chinese won’t carry these projects on the head and leave Nigeria.
>
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by seunayantokun(m): 9:02am On Apr 03, 2020
Lonelyhrt1:
[quote author=don4real18 post=88044906]Greek gift

The borrower is a servant to the lender - Bible.

Remember loans, debts, equity funds and the like are siblings and work towards the same end for those are smart!

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:05am On Apr 03, 2020
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by purplekayc(m): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2020
They must signed all sorts of agreements with China, what's China gaining from this?
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by 9jaRealist: 9:11am On Apr 03, 2020
sirblend:
Too early to start reading with an empty stomach.

grin grin grin
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by Inteltower: 9:12am On Apr 03, 2020
Lonelyhrt1:

invest my start up business
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by seunayantokun(m): 9:12am On Apr 03, 2020
The rest of the world are busy battling covid one nine while China has gone back to business firing on all cylinders economically. Taking over Africa is a big plus. Awon omo iya Jack Ma used Corona Virus to tie the world down while they overtake to take over.
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by BleedTears: 9:16am On Apr 03, 2020
MERCHANDISER:
BTW, because a virus started from a place does not mean
that place spread it. Only one region in China was infected
and that region is now backup but foreigners went there to
carry, then distribute to other parts of the world. When China
raised the alarm of the virus, all the western leaders (major)
claimed it was a lie(hoax), people like Trump and Johnson
were mocking China with the virus. Now you want to turn
around to wail at the same China that raised the alarm, then
went to work to help their own citizens. Name one country a
Chinese national infected! I'm not supporting anybody tho

Please show me papers and links that shows China warn people.

Is it not same Chinese that told WHO that the VIRUS is not Airborne and is not transmitted human to human

On January 24 2020 WHO Twitted That on first picture.

-According to the second report it was Taiwan that told WHO as at December 29th 2019 that the virus is Airborne and can be transmitted human to human.

-Third WHO boss asking countries not to close their borders against foreigners from China when China has officially reported massive infections cases.(conspiracy)

Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by 9jaRealist: 9:19am On Apr 03, 2020
bomber64:
Who coursed Nigeria like this?

Must it be China
This people are white devil

Single handed person donated 1/3 of the required amount. Invariable his the...

Don’t be such a crude racist...
Pretty sure if YOU had offered the money, the developers would have taken it. SMH
>
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by johntolu: 9:21am On Apr 03, 2020
9jaRealist:

>

Respect!
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by 9jaRealist: 9:21am On Apr 03, 2020
vaca1:
That money should be returned

grin grin grin

Usual Nigerian mentality...
Rather own 100% of NOTHING than a smaller percentage of something. SMH
>
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by bigpicture001: 9:22am On Apr 03, 2020
...plz is this a Lagos government seaport or fed. Govt. Sea port...?
Re: Lekki Deep Seaport Receives $221 Million China Harbour Equity Fund, Gets New CEO by StrikeBack(m): 9:22am On Apr 03, 2020
Don't worry guys.. your leaders don't care about the future of your kids..

Time will tell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Threatens Governor Wike Over Obigbo ‘killings’ / Villagers Rescued As Bandits Fall Into Hunters’ Ambush In Kaduna / Bola Tinubu, Abdulahi Adamu, Lalong Visit President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.