Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

No Confirmed Case Of COVID-19 In Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Confirmed Case Of COVID-19 In Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists (526 Views)

Naira Redesign: We’re Waiting For Supreme Court Judgement, Kogi Govt Insists / Osun Deputy Governor's Lodge Was Looted, State Govt Insists / Buhari Will Campaign At Akwa Ibom International Stadium, Federal Govt Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Confirmed Case Of COVID-19 In Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists by Ctorch: 7:46am On Apr 03, 2020
No Confirmed Case of COVID-19 in Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists
Akwa Ibom State Government thursday denied any confirmed or positive test of the dreaded COVID-19 in the state.
The State Commissioner of Health, Dr. Dominic Ukpong thursday alleged what he described as a disturbing breach in the test and reporting procedure.
“All five reported positive test cases have been contacted and they have showed no COVID-19 symptoms.”
“Akwa Ibom State Government only heard about the test results in the news.bThe Director General of National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) was not aware of the reported result announcement.
“While the tests were being processed in NCDC approved test facilities, all suspected cases were held in isolation.
“Several sample batches have been previously sent for testing from Akwa Ibom State and they all returned negative results.
“Owing to the irregularities observed in the testing and reporting procedure, Health Care Professionals in Akwa Ibom State have called for an immediate reconfirmation test on the five reported cases.
“Health Care Professionals in Akwa Ibom State have also appealed to the NCDC to ensure that all future tests are conducted following due process in order to maintain continued confidence in the process.
But in his reaction, the NCDC DG, Ihekweazu has cautioned that this was not the time to make insinuation about the result, adding that out of five results there could be an error in one.
The NCDC DG described the laboratory in Irrua, Edo State where the test was conducted to be one of the best in the country, saying the centre could not have made such error.
“My appeal for all the states is that this is time for all to come together. There is no reason why anybody will give result without verifying. We are working very hard to make sure these results are correct. Sometime we delay these results. Why the results taking so long is because they are being repeated to be sure. But Irrua is one laboratory in Nigeria that I can almost be 100 per cent sure of the validity of their test. Of course there can always be mistakes, but to have a mistake in five results in a lab like Irrua will be very unlikely. I like to come on everyone in the states in Nigeria to have confidence in the work we are doing,” Ihekweazu said

1 Like

Re: No Confirmed Case Of COVID-19 In Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 03, 2020
Ibom Air..
Something is definitely not right somewhere
Re: No Confirmed Case Of COVID-19 In Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 03, 2020
Ibom Air..

Something is definitely not right somewhere..

But l learnt I was Foreign medical personnel that brought the virus to the state.
Re: No Confirmed Case Of COVID-19 In Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists by Charleys: 7:52am On Apr 03, 2020
Person say him no sick, you want go flog am to accept say him dey sick
Re: No Confirmed Case Of COVID-19 In Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists by Iziq(m): 7:53am On Apr 03, 2020
What kind of joke is this? The news of about 5 confirmed cases was all over the media and govt officials where even called to confirm on a live broadcast yesterday.

Re: No Confirmed Case Of COVID-19 In Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists by donbachi(m): 8:03am On Apr 03, 2020
Dis NSCDC be like;
Tina: hi,I think I know u.u are kingsley
Emeka: no oo.my name na emeka
Tina: u're lieing,u're kingsley
Emeka: see me see Wahala.I say my name na emeka
Tina: lie lie..u must be kingsley.
Emeka: ok,make we confirm 4rm someone
Tina: no,u must accept say u be kingsley.
Re: No Confirmed Case Of COVID-19 In Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists by psucc(m): 8:16am On Apr 03, 2020
The Akwa Ibom State will refuse to "play game" with these people.
In fact, they should look elsewhere for "ballers.
This is Nigeria
Re: No Confirmed Case Of COVID-19 In Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists by yanabasee(m): 8:16am On Apr 03, 2020
So why the total lockdown in the state?
Re: No Confirmed Case Of COVID-19 In Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists by Oche211(m): 8:25am On Apr 03, 2020
I can see some foolish comments above.
Akwa Ibom state government is being irresponsible here.

Has the state carried out it's own independent test and they all came out negative?

The state stupid excuse is that the people ain't showing any physical symptoms.
That's the height of irresponsibility from the state government.
So you want to see symptoms at the stage when their chances of survival become slim to believe ba?
NCDC has carried out the test in the best lab.
How do such a lab make mistake with 5 different test samples?
Many foolish people full this forum sha

1 Like

Re: No Confirmed Case Of COVID-19 In Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists by ubongokon(m): 9:01am On Apr 03, 2020
A confused and irresponsible government we have here.
Re: No Confirmed Case Of COVID-19 In Akwa Ibom, State Govt Insists by nairacash: 9:24am On Apr 03, 2020
You see how a Responsible Government thinks..?

Now can you answer this few questions..?

(1). So who took the sample..?

(2). Who sent the sample to NCDC..?

(3). Why did you take the sample in the first place if the people showed no symptoms..?

(4). Was the sample sent via Bluetooth..?

I wonder why people should be thinking from the anus.

AKWA IBOM state Government blindfully refused to take any precautions concerning COVID 19 even when every other states where running around with stiff measures to contain the spread of the virus.

Do you know GOV. UDOM Emmanuel allowed full blown church services all over AKWA IBOM this Last Sunday..? When other states were already in their 2nd Sunday without church services.

Can you imagine the level of the spread of the virus.

Instead of sitting up to accept the test results and start preparing for the next batch of the results that will see AKWA IBOM state overtake Lagos state on the chart... The man is there making noise.

That Commissioner should be Arrested and prosecuted.

(1) (Reply)

Opinion:Buhari Vs Trump Who Address An Audiance Better / Rivers State Lockdown Is Selective And An Act Of Wickedness By Wike / 2020 List Of Best Governors In Nigeria And Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.