Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) (894 Views)

Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) / Wild Goats Take Over Welsh Town Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (Pictures) / Billions Of Locusts Swarm Over East Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 03, 2020
First goats, now Deer! Herd takes over east London housing estate by lounging on front lawns as animals continue to roam deserted streets during coronavirus lockdown. Locals believe the deer approached the estate due to the lack of car traffic and pedestrians in the area; the deer invasion followed a video yesterday of goats taking over Llandudno, south Wales

Nature has reclaimed the streets amid lockdown - including a herd of deer making their home on a housing estate in east London.

The deer are believed to have come from nearby Dagnam Park which is just across the road from the estate in Harold Hill.

They have been in the area for more than 1,000 years, and they have been seen in the housing estate before.

But locals said there are now more than ever, since the streets have become more traffic and people-free.

The herd has grown, and photos show dozens more than usual lounging on lawns.

Residents said the now-unbothered deer are also venturing closer to homes.

Dean Zetter, 50, was working in the area when he was surprised to see around 20 sitting on the grass.

The council street works inspector said: 'I came across them just lying around.

'Residents, some with their dogs, just left them alone, and the dogs didn't bark or startle them. It was a beautiful start to the day.

'This was the first time I had seen them, but seen them twice now.

'Apparently they are quite common - but there were around fifteen to twenty.

'They just continued lying there chewing the grass.

'I think it's because it's quieter.'
Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8180635/Herd-deer-takes-east-London-housing-estate.html

Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by sLentlover7778(m): 9:17am On Apr 03, 2020
Zoo.. Animals now come to watch humans, what a change..... grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by tyup(m): 9:32am On Apr 03, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Zoo.. Animals now come to watch humans, what a change.. grin grin grin

What an Irony grin

4 Likes

Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by Dreal1247: 9:34am On Apr 03, 2020
This is example of what will take place if human beings suddenly cease to exist.

6 Likes

Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by hardcore007: 9:38am On Apr 03, 2020
grin if na naija in this time of oga corona, na manner from above be that. Every pot go full.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by donbachi(m): 9:39am On Apr 03, 2020
GOD.....in Nigerian,when?
Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by Kalapizim(m): 9:44am On Apr 03, 2020
God has sent food to man grin
Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by AIG07: 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2020
This reminds me of the TV series titled "ZOO" themed[i](...animals shall inherit the earth)[/i] directed by James Patterson. It was based on professionals who investigates a mysterious pandemic of animal attacks upon humans all over the world. It was a story around a sort of mutation in the animal kingdom that saw animals unite to take over their lost habitat from humans.

Though, what we have today is a pandemic resulting from an error in the lab which has sent all humans indoor. The reason for seeing these animals come around. I wonder must be going through their mind...

It seems the ecosystem is experiencing a sort of reshuffling!

1 Like

Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by Blackfire(m): 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
Suddenly the mighty becomes..... Nothing
Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by compton11(m): 4:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
omo see free meatsgringrin
Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by Uyi168: 6:12pm On Apr 04, 2020
Nature is the biggest befinicairy of this whole covid 19..
Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by WannaHowzit(m): 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
Beautiful creatures.

1 Like

Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by meobizy(f): 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
All I need is a bow and arrows. Deer, I hear, is tastier and more nutritious than beef.
Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by Jakumo(m): 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
Several thousand crack Fulani Herdsmen squad-members are being airlifted to London as a matter or paramount urgency, in order to take control of those rampaging deer, and direct them towards the nearest farmland with ripening crops, so that they can eat to their heart's content, just like their bovine cousins who now govern all arable farmland in Nigeria, with an iron hoof.

Naturally, Boris Johnson has been informed that purely for self-defense against possible deer-rustlers, those Fulani cattle herding task-forces will all be equipped with AK47 assault rifles, and even RPG grenade launchers, so as to neutralize any enemies of frogress that attempt to interfere with their colonization of all cultivated crops in the UK, starting with the countryside surrounding London's metropolis.

Thank you and God breast Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by Ishilove: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2020
Jakumo:
Several thousand crack Fulani Herdsmen squad-members are being airlifted to London as a matter or paramount urgency, in order to take control of those rampaging deer, and direct them towards the nearest farmland with ripening crops, so that they can eat to their heart's content, just like their bovine cousins who now govern all arable farmland in Nigeria, with an iron hoof.

Naturally, Boris Johnson has been informed that purely for self-defense against possible deer-rustlers, those Fulani cattle herding task-forces will all be equipped with AK47 assault rifles, and even RPG grenade launchers, so as to neutralize any enemies of frogress that attempt to interfere with their colonization of all cultivated crops in the UK, starting with the countryside surrounding London's metropolis.

Thank you and God breast Nigeria.
LMAO. Jakumo, you be proper yeye cheesy
Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by Ishilove: 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2020
meobizy:
All I need is a bow and arrows. Deer, I hear, is tastier and more nutritious than beef.
Nigerians- everything na bush meat for una eyes

Re: Herd Of Deer Take Over East London Housing Estate Amid Coronavirus Lockdown(pix) by iamyemiakins(m): 8:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nigerian hunters after reading this news

(1) (Reply)

Bill Gates Condemns Donald Trump For Suspending WHO Funding / ANALYSIS: Israel’s Accreditation To The AU Is Dividing Africa / U.S. Air Force Spy Plane Takes Spotlight In Empty Ukraine Airspace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.