Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) (109073 Views)

Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) / Wild Goats Take Over Welsh Town Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (Pictures) / Michelle Obama Describes Her Family's Daily Routine During Coronavirus Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
While coronavirus closures are coaxing wildlife into the abandoned streets of many a metropolis, in one Israeli city the four-legged interlopers are assertive and, well, quite boorish.

Wild boars, some as bulky as Rottweilers and traveling in family packs, have been trotting through Haifa in increasing numbers. Their once-nocturnal visitations now take place throughout the day, as they root through refuse, spook domestic pets and even block roads.

The visitation, since nationwide lockdowns came into effect this month, has revived debate among residents of the hilly port city as to policy regarding the pests.

“We are scared to go out, even to throw out the garbage. I don’t which way the boars will come,” Meirav Litani, a music instructor, said as a boar loomed in the distance.

“They come here and turn over our garbage dumpsters ... This is lack of protection. We actually feel defenseless.”

The municipality last year suspended culls of the boars, whose urban incursions, some experts say, are a response to human expansion into their natural habitat - the surrounding Carmel forest range, of biblical fame.

Less sympathetic city folk - especially religious Jews or Muslims who consider pigs ritually unclean - worry that the larger, tusked animals could turn violent.

For now, residents must turn to “pig patrols” made up of volunteer animal-rights activists who can be summoned at all hours to shoo the boars away.

“I’m scared that after the coronavirus passes, the boars will have gotten used to coming every day, every night, every hour,” said Yaron Hanan, 63, who runs a public campaign that has been calling for a municipal crackdown on the animals.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-israel-boars/beware-the-boar-wild-pigs-patrol-israeli-city-under-coronavirus-closure-idUSKBN21Z112

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Avalancheman: 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
They dare NOT in Nigeria!

All and sundry will defy the lockdown and do the needful... cool

542 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2020
Pix

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 17, 2020
Pics

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by LibertyRep: 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
This perfectly describe it.

Let the animals enjoy the serenity of the town for the moment.

414 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by majamajic(m): 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
They should try it in Lagos

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Ningen(m): 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
Avalancheman:
They dare NOT in Nigeria!

Not really.

For my side, wild boars like this roam around freely in their flashy cars. Always disturbing us with loud sirens because they are politicians.

909 Likes 73 Shares

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by NwaNimo1(m): 2:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
Anu ezi....

Pepper soup things.....

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Lorazepam(f): 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
If na for here, Sure BBQ don ready cheesy

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Throwback: 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
If not for their Judaism and Islam, a typical Christian would consider this a provision from God during this hunger promoting lockdown.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by kenni88(m): 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
Those animals should thank their parents for giving birth to them in Italy, not Nigeria.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
Throwback:
If not for their Judaism and Islam, a typical Christian would consider this a provision from God during this hunger promoting lockdown.
Do you think the average Israeli jew is concerned about Biblical restrictions undecided

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Throwback: 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Do you think the average Israeli jew is concerned about Biblical restrictions undecided

Yes!

Jews and Muslims don't eat pig.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Flyingngel(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2020
no be niaja wey I dey men for allow dem roam anyhow.
Na pot things las las.

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by igbarasdynasty: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
Throwback:

Yes!

What's inside the regular Gala you take? Cucumber?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Throwback: 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2020
igbarasdynasty:

What's inside the regular Gala you take? Cucumber?

Beef, not pork.

In fact, at some point when a Northerner Muslim became the chairman of UAC, they stopped producing pork sausage.

Same religious reason that Beef Burger took over the more original Ham Burger globally.

I eat Pork either directly from a killed pig, as Bacon, as Ham, or as Pork Sausage. In fact, I currently have Princess Ham in my fridge that I have already began consuming.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by gloriaunobi(f): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2020
It should not venture to area where my brothers are staying oooo or else it will end in Pot

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Fidelismaria: 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2020

They haven't seen humans in a while so they are just checking if homo sapiens are extinct

They are simply carrying out a survey

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Tetrahedron: 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
The world is changing before our very eyes!

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
Throwback:

Yes!

Yes,Christians don't fornicate also,the Bible said so sad
Can't you understand a simple point sad
The same Israel where they host largest gay parades.That their Bible said so doesn't mean they follow it- one of the reasons they are advanced.

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by aviona: 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
Bush meat!

Please, what is the name of the animal that owns this bone I'm eating?

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2020
kenni88:
Those animals should thank their parents for giving birth to them in Italy, not Nigeria.
U need to see how PETS especially DOGS are treated abroad. Most are worn vests.
Many of them are adopted grin cheesy grin cheesy and used to make up for Kids.

OYIBO hate overpopulation ooo.
That's why they frown at the Chinese. Although Chinese are not whites

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
Whoever took those pictures is an enemy of the state cheesy

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by calaharry: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
why them no do social distatnt

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Prechy08(m): 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
They have not being seeing human in the zoo, forest or even hunters, so they came to check up on them

37 Likes

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by tillaman(m): 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
I see bush meat!! By now Every where for don stew if na Naija
It’s really crazy how things are turning out all around the whole, just of late we learnt that people is some part of India abi SE Asia were able to see the Himalayas from their homes and that hasn’t happened in a very long time!!

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Asquare84(m): 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
See pepper soup meat
Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by dynicks(m): 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
Nigerians in israel right now....

If only they would stroll enter this corner!...

Maka chukwu , if I don't kidnap one or two of them eh!

With great ability, comes great responsibility....

With serious hunger, comes very serious alternative...
...No one should be above the law! not even animals..

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by igbarasdynasty: 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
Throwback:

Beef, not pork.

In fact, at some point when a Northerner Muslim became the chairman of UAC, they stopped producing pork sausage.

Same religious reason that Beef Burger took over the more original Ham Burger globally.

I eat Pork either directly from a killed pig, as Bacon, as Ham, or as Pork Sausage. In fact, I currently have Princess Ham in my fridge that I have already began consuming.

Okay... Thanks..... I thought I have been eating pork meat before,... I don't eat pork meat, I detest pigs

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by PureGoldh(m): 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
This can only happen in Isreali....If its in my country....My brothers and sisters would have showed the boars the road that leads to the fire.

Meanwhile...if you need Pure Original Honey... Kindly call or Whatsapp 081 0166 6771 let's talk about it...stay safe.No hug or handshake dx period

Re: Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2020

Israel's Alexander River Turns Red With Blood ‘like Biblical Plague Of Egypt’ / Ghanaian Man Has Sex With 42 Women & Circulates The Video / The 230Mph Hellfire Missile That Killed Soleimani (Photos)