Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Was Jesus A Christian - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Was Jesus A Christian (763 Views)

How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus A Christian by chiefImam2: 5:47am On Dec 31, 2010
Was Jesus the son of Mary a Christian? I always ask my christian friends this question, and for them to even show me where he said I am a christian in the Bible, but none has ever given me the right answer, so i said let me ask my fellow Muslims this.
Re: Was Jesus A Christian by LagosShia: 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2010
so you expect muslims to reply with a "yes" and say Jesus was a christian?

no he was not a christian.in the history of humanity all messengers and prophets of God preached God's message while they never gave what they preached a formal name.the only person and messenger to have finalized the message and gave it a name was Muhammad.that is why no other religion in the worldd can claim that they are God's true religion.God never gave a name to any religion other than Islam.no religion in its holy text can claim that.

in the Quran we read where Allah say in surat al-maidah:"today have i completed my favor upon you and finalized your religion and I am well please with Islam as your religion".in another place in the Quran,it says that:"anyone who seek a faith other than Islam,it shall never be accepted of him".in yet another place in the Quran,we are told that Ibrahim made a supplication and asked Allah that He will send a messenger from among his descendants (through Ishmael) and that his descendants will be muslims (those who submit their will and themselves completely to the will and wish of Alllah).

so the issue of even calling ourselves muslims and calling ourselves islam is based on perfection of faith.we did not name ourselves muslims.it is the will and wish of God that we are muslims and our religion is Islam.while all previous messengers and prophets had their followers finding names for themselves,we were given our name in the hands of Muhammad,the final prophet of almight God.you see them calling themselves "judaism","jehovah's witnesses" (while Jesus told his disciples to be his witnesses,i.e. Jesus' witnesses),"christians","pentecostal","seventh day adventist","mormon","catholics",etc.

we are called muslims,according to the Quran there is no one worthier than he who calls himself muslim,
Re: Was Jesus A Christian by hymen(f): 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2010
chief Imam:

Was Jesus the son of Mary a Christian? I always ask my christian friends this question, and for them to even show me where he said I am a christian in the Bible, but none has ever given me the right answer, so i said let me ask my fellow Muslims this.
Why play with words. Christian simply means 'Christ like ' or 'Follower of Christ'. You can call yourself anything as long as the fundamentals-

1. Accepting that all have sinned & come short of the glory of God (Original Sin)
2. Recognise that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God,born of a virgin and sent as the Messiah of mankind (Al masih- All confirmed by the glorious Koran Surah 19.
3. Accept Him by faith.

are followed.

Some people use other words - Born-Again,pentecostal,Evangelist etc. . .it honestly doesn't matter.

Talking about word play. The father of the Holy prophet Mohammed was an idol worshipper and his name was Abd allah(slave of allah) is it possible the idol he was a slave of is the same allah the holy prophet prophesed to be serving ?  undecided

The more muslims feel the have the 'gotcha' factor the more they find themselves grabbing at straws  wink
Re: Was Jesus A Christian by ishow2005(m): 2:43am On Jan 02, 2011
@hymen
just to clarify these, that from time memorial, the idol worshippers believe that there is a Creator and Lord who some called Allah, God, Olorun etc. so even before islam, the Arabs believe in existence of Allah and that is why some of them bear those names.

But some of the differences that distinguishes islam from other religion is that the Creator or Allah is the only One that deserves to be worship and nothing else. infact, He should be worship without any intermediary not even through Jesus (pbuh) and the Prophet (pbuh).

Muslims also believe that the several miracles by Jesus were all by Allah Grace and just as Moses (pbuh) was able to communicate with God directly why none was able to do that not even Prophet Muhammed, Jesus, Abraham (pbuh) etc

the Quran confirmed all that about Jesus but It does not say that Jesus is the begotten son nor was he cruxified.

lastly, as a student of knowledge, i will advice that you keep an open mind and try and do some research about islam online and find out a bit about islam, it is a complete way of life. i have done that before and am still doing that.
May the Lord Guide us all.
Re: Was Jesus A Christian by ishow2005(m): 3:03am On Jan 02, 2011
@hymen
i recommend you start from this site, www.kalamullah.com, check the page for non - muslims, www.iaaazislam..com and then google others.

Remember to keep an open heart.
Re: Was Jesus A Christian by SeanT21(f): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2011
Followers of Jesus are known as Christians. Jesus was a Jew.

(1) (Reply)

“Because Khadijah Asked…” An Alternative Path To Meeting Mr. Right / Jumaat / Abdul Aziz Ibn Saud Betrayer Of Islam : Sunni Sheikh, Imran Hossein

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.