Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? (3873 Views)

Clear Facts To Prove Why The Whole World Needs To Embrace Islam / Was Jesus(a.s) Born On The 25th Of December? / Was Jesus A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2009
Much of have been said on the personality of jesus christ,while some christains regard him as their lord & personal savior,some regard him as: king of kings,son of God etc,but the most important christains forget is that jesus was only sent to the Israelites which the bible also revealed.Only prophet Muhammad(saw) was sent to the whole world. Muhammad is not the God muslims worship,he's only a man born of a woman like u and i, What then makes jesus christ also born of a woman to be equate with God.Jesus is not sent to Nigerians or any other generations after him except the Israelites.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by Nezan(m): 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2009
@OP,
Jesus' ministry before his death, resurrection and ascension was primarily to the Jews, though far from being restricted to them. After these events he sent out his disciples, whom he had thoroughly prepared, into all the world with his message of good news of salvation by grace (Mt 28:18-20, etc). That is why Jesus knows, when he hears that the Greeks are pressing to see Him (Jn 12:20-22), that his hour of death is imminent (12:23-24, 27). For Jesus must suffer, die and be glorified before his universal message of salvation (12:32) can be carried to the Gentile world.

Even in the koran, the universal ministry of Jesus was attested to:

Jesus is a sign to all peoples - 19:21 (alnas, cf 7:158); 21:91 (al`lemeen, cf 21:107). Cf 2:124; 43:46-47.

Jesus is held up as an example for the Arabs - 43:57.

The Bible is for all mankind - 3:3-4, 187; 6:89-91.

The Qur'an refers to Christians many times (e.g., 2:62,113; 5:85; 57:27). Probably few, if any, of these were from the tribes of Israel. Such being the case, are we then forced to conclude that the Qur'an is in error for calling non-Jews Christian? Or is it the traditional Islamic interpretation of the extent of Jesus' ministry that needs correcting?
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by Abuzola(m): 10:50pm On Aug 04, 2009
Why don't you just post facts, quote the context instead of writing a prankish verse.
Jesus was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel. You can do better by quoting a verse where jesus said 'i am sent to the whole of mankind and to the world'. Understood ?
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by Nezan(m): 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2009
I know you are too young to grasp a matured argument.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by Abuzola(m): 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2009
A liar will always claim to be truthfull, says the elders
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by muhsin(m): 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2009
I wonder if I am old enough to fathom the real direction of that argument, too.
Nezan, am I? grin

On more serious note: I remember one verse that reads as follow: "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."(Mathew, 15:24).

Can I get that verse explained? Thanks
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by sleek29(m): 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2009
He gave His message to the lost sheep and chose 11 of them to pass the message to the gentiles.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by Abuzola(m): 11:47pm On Aug 14, 2009
Show me where the disciples said 'worship jesus or jesus was God before he died'
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by muhsin(m): 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2009
sleek29:

He gave His message to the lost sheep and chose 11 of them to pass the message to the gentiles.

Where was the message from?

Who gave it to Jesus?

What was the message?

Thanks
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by sleek29(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2009
read John 1:1, Jesus Himself is that word (logos), the message is the gospel (good news of the coming of God's kingdom and of the promise of the Holy Spirit and also two laws which are love and faith)
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by muhsin(m): 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2009
You should simply answer my questions.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by Nezan(m): 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2009
muhsin:

You should simply answer my questions.

The Bible said that God is a Spirit, we should therefore worship Him in spirit and in truth. On the contrary, muslims worship allah in the flesh, believing that by doing ablution, they are washing their sins shocked

This is why any spiritual argument is strange to a muslim,,,,,,,what is not simple in sleek telling you that Jesus is the word (Logos) of God??
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by muhsin(m): 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2009
Pure dogma. grin grin grin
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by Nezan(m): 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2009
muhsin:

Pure dogma. grin grin grin
I understand you

Nezan:

[size=18pt]Any spiritual argument is strange to a muslim[/size]
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by olabowale(m): 4:02am On Aug 20, 2009
Nezan, ngbo ogbeni, whats spiritual in making 3 gods becoming 1 God? At best it is a wrong concept. At worst, it is magic and thats worse. But both ideas are lies.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by Abuzola(m): 8:51am On Aug 20, 2009
They always like to desist, God as 3. God sent another God. Hilarious
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by Nezan(m): 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2009
olabowale:

Nezan, ngbo ogbeni, whats spiritual in making 3 gods becoming 1 God? At best it is a wrong concept. At worst, it is magic and thats worse. But both ideas are lies.
Nezan:

The Bible said that God is a Spirit, we should therefore worship Him in spirit and in truth. On the contrary, muslims worship allah in the flesh, believing that by doing ablution, they are washing their sins shocked

This is why any spiritual argument is strange to a muslim,,,,,,, including Trinity
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by olabowale(m): 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2009
Nezan is just throwing dirt all over the places. God is a spirit now for him so he worships Him in spirit. But Nezan conveniently forgot about Jesus! Look here mister, am not a Christian so I paid attention to the Fleshy "Jesus!" He was and still your god, aint he?

Well then, your whole "spiritual" argument falls flat on its face!

And you suggested that Muslim does not have any spiritual worship because the muslim washes his "body" before he prays, and he claims that even the washing removes sins. Now lets analyse these; If a mere washing removes some sins, then the muslim must truly have a great belief and his spiritual strength in the mere washing must be equal at least your belief that jesus blood "washes" away your sins! You have to kill Jesus for yours, while the Muslim needs to get mere clean water.

If the washing, ablution is preparation for a greater event known as Salah, then this event, Salah must at least have a forgiveness level than the ablution. All those who make salah face Kaaba. Those in Nigeria do this my facing the east and not Aba or Onisha. Their hearts (body) and Souls (Spiritual part of the body) are directed and immensed into the Salah to The Lord God Creator Allah Who they cant see and never walked the surface of the earth, never was killed and never was in need of anything! Is this not a great spiritual element, effort? I have not even spoken about Zakat, Sadaqah, Saum (fasting for minimum 29 and maximum 30 days, every year), Hajii and Ummrah! And others and the Big daddy of them all is the Actual declaration whereby all possible things to adore are killed of in the soul, from the heart and by the mouth accepting Allah alone and Muhammad as the Last messenger/Prophet (AS)!

Now tell me how the Christians have spirituality and the Muslims do not have a purer and better spirituality? How do you even worship in spirit as a christian? Tell us, what do you say and who is it that you are connect to in your spirituality? Which of the three gods? Father, Jesus or ghost? Who exatly? We know that of the Muslims. They Use Arabic Quran as the source of the ever flowing fountain/word! We know that the are focused on Allah, in the way that Muhammad (AS) taught.

What do you use: English Bible, Yoruba Bible, Hebrew Bible, Aramaic Bible, Syric Bible? What version; KJV, NIV, ASV, Catholic Douwy? What exactly?

Interestly, I have been copying the Arguments on Nairaland about the authenticity or Corruptibiity of NIV Version of the Bible. Thanks JeSoul. Thanks to all the contributors. I am keeping them for future refernces and shall use it when appropriate!
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by sosisi(f): 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2009
Abuzola:

Show me where the disciples said 'worship jesus or jesus was God before he died'

The question is did Jesus receive worship as God?
Yes he did.

4 Living Creatures and 24 Elders

Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" [size=16pt]The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped[/size]. (Revelation 5:13)

Angels
And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "[size=16pt]Let all God's angels worship him[/size]." (Hebrews 1:6)

Wise Men
On coming to the house, [size=16pt]they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him[/size]. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh. (Matthew 2:11)

His Disciples
Then [size=16pt]those who were in the boat worshiped him[/size], saying, "Truly you are the Son of God." (Matthew 14:33)

Women
So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. [size=16pt]They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid[/size]. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."

11 Disciples
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.[size=16pt] When they saw him, they worshiped him[/size]; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. (Matthew 28:16)

11 Disciples
While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.[size=16pt] Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy[/size]. And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God. (Luke 24:51-53)

Pharisees
Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" "Who is he, sir?" the man asked. "Tell me so that I may believe in him." Jesus said, "You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you." Then the man said, [size=16pt]"Lord, I believe," and he worshiped him[/size]. Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind." (John 9:35)
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by olabowale(m): 2:58pm On Aug 20, 2009
$Osis is full of holy ghost this morning. The Question from Abuzola was direct enough, before your spindarella trick about it! Abuzola asked you to show where the disciple after Jesus said Jesus said that he should be worshipped as God. The other way is this, did Jesus say that he should be worshipped as God?

If you dont know the answer, you are a big woman (young girl), just say so. Spinning around in the fashion of "spinning the bottle" makes everyone woozy. A story that did not come from "the storyteller" could not be taking as the truth, especially when he could have told the story the way the "liars" said he told it, rather he chose to tell his own story differently!

Just for fun filled morning: What are the four living creatures? Which Angels worshipped him: Gabreil who was sent to strengthen him?

Osisi, you better not turn to pure pagan with idol in heart and idol on the dresser! All these worship remind me of the statement we have here "I am not worthy!" And another for good measure " I worship the ground he walks on". These are the statements of "believers" aka American Christians and even the Jews have adopted it!
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by olabowale(m): 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2009
4 Living Creatures and 24 Elders
Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped. (Revelation 5:13)
First, what throne? Considering that this is revelation, a book of the Bible that was written long time after Jesus departed this earth, how did they worship him? You know the Muslim, when he mentions creature, he mentions the name. In Surah Naml, (Ants) it did not say creature, and in there it say Hoopoo, it did not just say bird! I find the Revelation verse above so generic it defiles honesty. How is it possible that they are worshipping him after he left, except that it makes a good story and you dont think that we will critique it!
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by olabowale(m): 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2009
Angels
And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him." (Hebrews 1:6)
Another post Jesus on the earth verse!

Wise Men
On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh. (Matthew 2:11)
A geeting of respect, maybe to a woman who has a new born baby, a baby who is a prophet who defended his mother against all sexual accusations when the elders (read surah Mariam to know) made them. It was his defense that saved his mothers hide, otherwise they would have tried to deal with her as they wanted to deal wit the prostitute at least 30 years later.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by sosisi(f): 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2009
I have just proven to you that Jesus received worship.
I don't want to derail by your irrelevant questions to the topic.
There are sincere folks who would read and be converted by the truth I present
Those are my target.
Your personal opinions and useless questions here don't change a thing!
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by sosisi(f): 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2009
Many verses forbid worshiping men, angels, or any created thing.

Acts 10:25,26 -[size=16pt] Cornelius fell down to worship Peter. Peter forbade it saying that he himself was just a man[/size]. God deserves worship, but men do not. (Cf. Acts 12:20-23; 14:8-18.)

Revelation 22:8,9; 19:10 - [size=16pt]John sought to worship the angel, but the angel forbade it because he was a "fellow servant[/size]." "Worship God."

Romans 1:25 - People who worship and serve created things, rather than the Creator, have left the truth of God.

To worship any created thing - whether man, angel, heavenly body, or some other object in nature (mountain, ocean, etc.) - constitutes idolatry.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by olabowale(m): 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2009
His Disciples
Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God." (Matthew 14:33)
Son of God like every son and children of God, in the OLD Testament Tradition. Please read the OT and you will see what am talking about!

Women
So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."
The woman was afraid and at the same time joyed. How do we know this? Did she say she was was fanning hot and cold at the same time? This is the similarity to afraid and joyed in one go. What was this woman doing there, in or at the tomb? Oiling a dead body? hardly, except that she knew that he was recuperating nicely and was surprised that he got better less that 48 hours after such a horrible ordeal!

And they clasped his feet, not being afraid I might add, but then he quipped for a god story, do not be afraid! Is this the action of people who thought they just saw a dead man walking, or the action of a dead man who just came to life, fulfilling his sign like Jonas' "3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the whale (I know it is not 3 days and 3 nights in the cave, which really not a tomb; I just enjoy teasing her)"?

$Osisi, you proof ed nothing. Please let me finished disecting your story before you respond. Okay woman. Young girl. Thank you. Lol.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by olabowale(m): 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2009
« #22 on: Today at 03:34:02 PM »
I have just proven to you that Jesus received worship.
I don't want to derail by your irrelevant questions to the topic.
There are sincere folks who would read and be converted by the truth I present
Those are my target.
Your personal opinions and useless questions here don't change a thing!
Seyi Elekuru has become Muslim. Her parents and both her siblings are on their way. Continue your target practice. Nothing will come of it.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by sosisi(f): 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2009
He thought himself equal with God,because he is

John 5:23 -[size=16pt] All men should honor the Son "just as" they honor the Father. To fail to give this honor to the Son is to fail to properly honor the Father[/size].

John 17:5 - [size=16pt]Jesus prayed to the Father to "glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was" [/size]
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by sosisi(f): 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2009
Finally, if Jesus is God then He always has been God and always will be God, since God's unique nature cannot change (Hebrews 13:cool. God cannot cease to be God nor can God lose the characteristics of God. He can take on non-Divine characteristics as Jesus added the characteristics of a man when He came to earth, and He can limit the use of His powers in order to accomplish His Divine purposes as Jesus did on earth. But He cannot cease to be God and He cannot lose the power and characteristics of God.

Jesus possesses Deity.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by sosisi(f): 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2009
Claims Jesus made of himself

John 10:30 I and My Father are one.

John 4:25,26 The woman saith unto Him, I know that Messias (Messiah) cometh, which is called Christ: when He is come, He will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am He.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love Me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of Myself, but He sent Me.

Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am He (Christ), ye shall die in your sins.

John 8:18 I am one that bear witness of Myself, and the Father that sent Me beareth witness of Me.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by sosisi(f): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2009
how the unbelievers like Olabowole reacted to his claim.

John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill Him (Jesus) {For their perceived blasphemy of Jesus calling Himself God}, because He not only had broken the Sabbath {customs, as they understood them}, but said also that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

So olabs,your reaction is in line.That's how I expect you to react.
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by olabowale(m): 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2009
@$Osisi; Read your Bible and open your heart, away from the hatred! lol. Look at the below. If you have the strength to claim that Jesus is the Overall master in the below, then I will bring many verses up from the Bible where Jesus himself that he was not God! Try it for size and lets see. So much to learn in the piece below.

New International Version

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
And masters, do the same things to them, and give up threatening, knowing that both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him.

International Standard Version (©2008)
Masters, treat your slaves the same way. Do not threaten them, for you know that both of you have the same Master in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him.

GOD'S WORD® Translation

King James Bible
And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.

American King James Version
American Standard Version
Bible in Basic English

Douay-Rheims Bible
And you, masters, do the same things to them, forbearing threatenings, knowing that the Lord both of them and you is in heaven; and there is no respect of persons with him.

Darby Bible Translation
English Revised Version
Webster's Bible Translation
Weymouth New Testament
World English Bible
Young's Literal Translation
Geneva Study Bible

Forbearing threatening. The habit of cruel masters.

Knowing that your Master also is in heaven. That you have a Master who sees you, to whom your slave is just as dear as you are, and who will hold you to account if you wrong him.

Wesley's Note

your Master also-The oldest manuscripts read, "the Master both of them and you": "their Master and yours." This more forcibly brings out the equality of slaves and masters in the sight of God. Seneca [Thyestes, 607], says, "Whatever an inferior dreads from you, this a superior Master threatens yourselves with: every authority here is under a higher above." As you treat your servants, so will He treat you.

neither . respect of persons-He will not, in judging, acquit thee because thou art a master, or condemn him because he is a servant (Ac 10:34; Ro 2:11; Ga 2:6; Col 3:25; 1Pe 1:17). Derived from De 10:17; 2Ch 19:7.

Leviticus 25:43 'You shall not rule over him with severity, but are to revere your God.
Deuteronomy 10:17 "For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.

Job 31:13 "If I have despised the claim of my male or female slaves When they filed a complaint against me,

Acts 10:34 Opening his mouth, Peter said: "I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality,
Re: Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World? by olabowale(m): 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2009
Thank you $Osisi. I love my Title of being an UNbeliever in Christianity, Trinity, Deity of a mere human, angels, etc! Thank you, girl. This I truly appreciate. The first time I tell you this. Please nickname me "unbeliever!" At least you are my witness in a special way, now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does This Mean Islam Condone Paedophilia And Child Marriage? / Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience / Ex-Sunni: 'Why I Became Shia'; Inspirational Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.