Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family (1320 Views)

Buhari: My Cows Easier To Control Than Nigerians / “Do I Look Like A Sick Man?" - Tinubu Asks Business Owners In Kano (Video) / Amaechi's House In Port-Harcourt On Security Lock Down Ahead Of Elections. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 11:24am On Apr 03, 2020
Some Nigerians across states of the Federation are coming hard on their government on reason that they must not shut down the state because their priority now is about food and economy which is understandable but not really about the spread of corona virus in allowing their State border within or without open.

The initial case was why did the federal government failed to close the border(Lock Down) both air and land? That everywhere must be closed.
All nations across the world had initial challenge in closing their boarder hence all were attacked by the Corona virus which Nigeria is not an exception to such move.

Those who were agitating that boarder must be closed(Lock Down) and blame the Federal government can now calmly understand by the reason of still them, now telling their State government that the State must not be locked down.

The Question now is this, You told the Federal government that they must Lock Down to prevent the spread or disease and now you are telling the State government not to Lock Down because you don't Care about the spread of the virus.

Reasons you are resisting the Lock Down from State government are majorly partly reasons the federal government also delayed international lock down.

Some would ask,had it been the federal government lock down early enough the virus would not have come in? But we know certainly cry that would ravage the media had it been the Short down was done early enough.

Questions like why shutdown in depriving investors coming in and causing hardship to business activities, in short some would even tribalize it by saying it's because most of our people want to come home that's why they are shutting down. Do they want people to die there. Is it not better to die at home? Ah they are depriving people to come to their father Land. In short this is Wickedness and so on and so forth.

The Truth is that the Virus is here with us today.
We have to accept the lock down within our state if truly our priority is to mitigate the spread as our concerns before when the federal government delay lock down of our international border.
We know it's not easy, so we should not change our priority from the spread of the sickness to the present concern now of the economic or food.

I tell you the truth, it would be worse, handling both the crisis of Food and Sickness. Inasmuch as it's not easy I admonish us to bear this little while.

Because it is easier handling a hungry family than to handle a sick family.
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by IduNaOba: 11:29am On Apr 03, 2020
For your mind abi.
Wait until people get pissed and attack the rich.
You think hunger is a joke
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 11:39am On Apr 03, 2020
My concern is that even if you attack by going out and not staying safe at the end, handling the sickness associated with the virus would be a worse experience than handling the hunger.
IduNaOba:
For your mind abi.
Wait until people get pissed and attack the rich.
You think hunger is a joke

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by koffsman(m): 11:43am On Apr 03, 2020
Hummmm handling hunger, if you have been hungry before you will understand the word " Hunger" the best way the government can help is by finding a means to have food prices reduced because if it's ordinary garri some people have at home they are happy with it than having nothing but as per attacking the rich no gain in it because it's either it leads to death or jail time
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by saaron(m): 11:47am On Apr 03, 2020
Don't decieve yourself. Food is a basic need for survival. Show me a sick and hungry man and I will show you a dead man. If you're sick, don't eat food. Lets see whether you'll survive.
Remember, a hungry man is an angry man.
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
I understand you, but the suggestion you gave can't easily happen in the immediate. While waiting for that from the government if only it would happen. I think handling both sickness and hunger will be a terrible experience
koffsman:
Hummmm handling hunger, if you have been hungry before you will understand the word " Hunger" the best way the government can help is by finding a means to have food prices reduced because if it's ordinary garri some people have at home they are happy with it than having nothing but as per attacking the rich no gain in it because it's either it leads to death or jail time
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
Talking about the present situation is like life and death place before you. You could manouevre hunger for a while but with COVID-19 associated experience if your immune is not strong or not having opportunities to be taken care of. Then the experience will be terrific.

God bless Nigeria!!!
saaron:
Don't decieve yourself. Food is a basic need for survival. Show me a sick and hungry man and I will show you a dead man. If you're sick, don't eat food. Lets see whether you'll survive.
Remember, a hungry man is an angry man.
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by koffsman(m): 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2020
Yes terrible but lack of food will eventually lead to sickness

AmTruth:
I understand you, but the suggestion you gave can't easily happen in the immediate. While waiting for that from the government if only it would happen. I think handling both sickness and hunger will be a terrible experience

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
You are right and hopefully manageable sickness than corona where you would not be required to use respirator and all connected tubes that might not be accessible if situation gets worst.
It's even said that the Corona virus dead body is not accessible to Family but a property of NCDC to dispose. The issue associated to this virus is never near to my liking.
koffsman:
Yes terrible but lack of food will eventually lead to sickness

Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by koffsman(m): 1:43pm On Apr 03, 2020
This virus has been in existence for long to me it's a man made virus because the virus is not airborne so it's someone somewhere that is controlling things because the virus didn't leave the lab on its own GOD should just save us. My theory some people somewhere are playing God and time will tell. my prayer is that we don't fall a victim of there evil conspiracy
quote author=AmTruth post=88055818]You are right and hopefully manageable sickness than corona where you would not be required to use respirator and all connected tubes that might not be accessible if situation gets worst.
It's even said that the Corona virus dead body is not accessible to Family but a property of NCDC to dispose. The issue associated to this virus is never near to my liking.[/quote]
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by PureGoldh(m): 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2020
Speechless
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
Amen and Amen to your prayers.
koffsman:
This virus has been in existence for long to me it's a man made virus because the virus is not airborne so it's someone somewhere that is controlling things because the virus didn't leave the lab on its own GOD should just save us. My theory some people somewhere are playing God and time will tell. my prayer is that we don't fall a victim of there evil conspiracy
quote author=AmTruth post=88055818]You are right and hopefully manageable sickness than corona where you would not be required to use respirator and all connected tubes that might not be accessible if situation gets worst.
It's even said that the Corona virus dead body is not accessible to Family but a property of NCDC to dispose. The issue associated to this virus is never near to my liking.
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by NaijadrivaCars: 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
AmTruth, hunger never catch you. Well one is lesser of two evils.
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
I have faced hunger, and I prefer it to the kind of pain and trauma that corona virus is associated with. Even as we thank God that ours is not yet and pray would not be severe as that of Italy or Spain where people are scrambling to live through Respirator.

It would be terrifying to handle the sick situation and hunger at once. It's better I handle the hunger.

I can't be gasping for air to breathe as the virus is associated to this.instead I manage without food for a while and still have capacity to breathe well

NaijadrivaCars:
AmTruth, hunger never catch you. Well one is lesser of two evils.
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by sapientia(m): 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2020
What of a sick hungry family?
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 3:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
A sick hungry family is bad market, I must tell you !!
sapientia:
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
And I also think for now, some of us still have the opportunity to chose between the two.

Dear, I chose hungry!
sapientia:
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 12:53pm On Apr 10, 2020
With what is happening in United States of America, it really shows that covid is real and scary.

Stay at home for now.

It's easier to live when hungry than gasping for air with a ventilator where food would never be a thing of concern anymore, but to have air and live.

Be wise
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:29pm On Apr 10, 2020
A hungry man is an angry man ooooo!

A sick person is weak and cannot wreck havoc

But can you say that for a hungry man

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 2:19pm On Apr 10, 2020
We are not at war na, if any person hungry wreck havoc. I think it's in that person nature.

And it will not be pleasing for such to be man handle by security agencies which will still not solve the hunger pressure.
Wiseandtrue:

Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2020
Would you prefer to have a sick people so that they would be weak and defenseless because you don't want havoc?

Do you think that would be a Wise decision?

That's not fair!!!

Wiseandtrue:

Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
For now let Easter mass,services and gathering be put on hold. God would not kill us for he wants us to live and worship him.
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 9:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
Let's stay safe please dear Nigerians
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 12:39pm On Apr 20, 2020
It's getting real and closer, please be safety conscious. Because it's easier to handle a hungry family than a sick family.
AmTruth:
Some Nigerians across states of the Federation are coming hard on their government on reason that they must not shut down the state because their priority now is about food and economy which is understandable but not really about the spread of corona virus in allowing their State border within or without open.

The initial case was why did the federal government failed to close the border(Lock Down) both air and land? That everywhere must be closed.
All nations across the world had initial challenge in closing their boarder hence all were attacked by the Corona virus which Nigeria is not an exception to such move.

Those who were agitating that boarder must be closed(Lock Down) and blame the Federal government can now calmly understand by the reason of still them, now telling their State government that the State must not be locked down.

The Question now is this, You told the Federal government that they must Lock Down to prevent the spread or disease and now you are telling the State government not to Lock Down because you don't Care about the spread of the virus.

Reasons you are resisting the Lock Down from State government are majorly partly reasons the federal government also delayed international lock down.

Some would ask,had it been the federal government lock down early enough the virus would not have come in? But we know certainly cry that would ravage the media had it been the Short down was done early enough.

Questions like why shutdown in depriving investors coming in and causing hardship to business activities, in short some would even tribalize it by saying it's because most of our people want to come home that's why they are shutting down. Do they want people to die there. Is it not better to die at home? Ah they are depriving people to come to their father Land. In short this is Wickedness and so on and so forth.

We have to accept the lock down within our state if truly our priority is to mitigate the spread as our concerns before when the federal government delay lock down of our international border.
We know it's not easy, so we should not change our priority from the spread of the sickness to the present concern now of the economic or food.

I tell you the truth, it would be worse, handling both the crisis of Food and Sickness. Inasmuch as it's not easy I admonish us to bear this little while.

Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2020
Don't fall the victim, stay home.
AmTruth:

Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by walexbiz(m): 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
Sir, I do not understand your assertion in this write up,if I may get you right, you posit that it was wrong for citizens to call the FG to lockdown the nation so as to bar those coming in from other nation.

Well as for me, late lockdown of the borders was put us in this problem. If the FG had lockdown our borders and set up isolation camp close to the airport for those who would still enter we would not be in this problem.

The real issue now is how do we address these issues has government has shown that it is completely clueless on how to address the issue at hand. The lock down has made the has become ineffective because we now have local vectors with no travel history. So whether we like to or not the country must open up so that economic activities can resume as hunger itself is a pandemic on itself which can wreak havoc of escalating dimension.

The FG should open and enforce personal hygiene to guard against the transmission of the virus. The FG as a matter of urgency should enforce the use of face mask as precondition for those who must go about their daily activities while we wait for the advance country to get vaccine or during for the virus.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
I think the government is trying her best. The fact is that if you don't lock down the spread of the virus would be more rapid, hence the lock down help in mitigating it even though lock down worldwide has no prove of total elimination

As I conclude the consequences in caring for a sick family is more traumatizing especially when you need to depend on ventilator in gasping for air at which moment the food issue would become insignificant. At the challenge of lesser facilities including ventilator to cater for all it may become a selective thing on who should live and who should die.

But hunger, though tough too can be managed as compared to a deadly sickness like covid
walexbiz:
Sir, I do not understand your assertion in this write up,if I may get you right, you posit that it was wrong for citizens to call the FG to lockdown the nation so as to bar those coming in from other nation.

Well as for me, late lockdown of the borders was put us in this problem. If the FG had lockdown our borders and set up isolation camp close to the airport for those who would still enter we would not be in this problem.

The real issue now is how do we address these issues has government has shown that it is completely clueless on how to address the issue at hand. The lock down has made the has become ineffective because we now have local vectors with no travel history. So whether we like to or not the country must open up so that economic activities can resume as hunger itself is a pandemic on itself which can wreak havoc of escalating dimension.

The FG should open and enforce personal hygiene to guard against the transmission of the virus. The FG as a matter of urgency should enforce the use of face mask as precondition for those who must go about their daily activities while we wait for the advance country to get vaccine or during for the virus.
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by Smatz: 2:52pm On Apr 20, 2020
Those among us that want to be let loose at this critical peorid are simply being selfish and stupid at the same time .
They don't care about the live and death situation that will put those that cannot survive this infection,all what they care about is this me and me.
We need to remember one thing that lockdown no matter what cannot be forever however , all victims of this pandamic that lost their live cannot come back again ,they are have gone forever .
we jsut need to be human enough to sacrifice our inconveniences to save the life of the few 2% among us that cannot survive this diesease if they get infected and the paradox of this situation is that you we don't even which of us here or any of our love ones will be among the said 2% that cannot fight this scrudge .What a life
Is only God that will deliver us from self -centreness .
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 4:19pm On Apr 20, 2020
You get my point exactly,
Certainly some people amongst us can't survive this virus. If it were about hunger,I tell you most people who have died of this virus would still be living.

God bless you

God bless Nigeria!!!
Smatz:
Those among us that want to go out in this critical peorid are simply being selfish and stupid at the same time .
People resisting lock down don't care about the live and death situation that will put those that cannot survive this infection,all what they care about is this me and me.
We need to remember one thing that lockdown no matter what cannot be forever however all victims of this pandamic that lost their live cannot come back again ,they are have gone forever . we jsut need to be human enough to sacrifice our inconveniences to save the life of the few 2% among us that cannot survive this diesease what is even funny about this whole episode is that you don't even know that if u or any of your love ones will be among the said 2% self.What a life
Is only God that will deliver us from self -centreness
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by AmTruth: 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lord,we thank you for the success so far
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by Avalancheman: 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
Loooonatics everywhere... angry

How many are sick How many have been sick How many will be sick

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa! The facts are there for all to see!!

The lockdown will be relaxed. That I am sure of... cool
Re: COVID-19 Lock Down: It's Easier to Handle A Hungry Family Than A Sick Family by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
Those who followed PMB's and Okorocha's directives on farming won't regret their decision on this hash period.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Northern Abbokis, Power Is Not Your Birth Right / Edo 2020: Ize-Iyamu receives blessings of Otaru of Auchi (Photos) / I Received This Mail From United Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.