Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? (2961 Views)

Opinion: Nigeria Should Divide Along FCT, Move Religious Demographics / Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown / Thousands Follow Atiku To The Palace Of Lamido Of Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by senatordave1(m): 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
I will like to know the religious percentage of adamawa and taraba.this is a very controversial topic that i would like us to simplify once and for all.

Mynd
Abduljabbar
Alhassan
Ceowaltz
Quotasystem
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by helinues: 12:43pm On Apr 03, 2020
cool
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by senatordave1(m): 12:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
helinues:
cool
My guy.where is bawaa
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by helinues: 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
senatordave1:

My guy.where is bawaa

I don't know the person.. But the name is a representation of some people in Ogun state..
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
smiley
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by XANDERBOY85: 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
I would wager that they were predominantly Christian in the 60s & 70s, but can’t say for sure now as they probably would have had a ‘Jos North’ done on them! The settlers would now be claiming ‘indigene’! They would use the control they have of the instruments of coercion and force at the centre to rig elections, and that’s it....they’ve gained control of the state! At the beginning of this 3rd Republic, the governor of Nasarawa was a Christian....i stand to be corrected though!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by senatordave1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
XANDERBOY85:
I would wager that they were predominantly Christian in the 60s & 70s, but can’t say for sure now as they probably would have had a ‘Jos North’ done on them! The settlers would now be claiming ‘indigene’! They would use the control they have of the instruments of coercion and force at the centre to rig elections, and that’s it....they’ve gained control of the state! At the beginning of this 3rd Republic, the governor of Nasarawa was a Christian....i stand to be corrected though!
Senator abdullahi adamu was and still a Muslim.a breakdown by lga will suffice.
Mind you,jos north have always been Muslim dominated right from independence so i dont know the coercive acts you are referring to

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by peeddy(m): 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2020
senatordave1:

Senator abdullahi adamu was and still a Muslim.a breakdown by lga will suffice.
Mind you,jos north have always been Muslim dominated right from independence so i dont know the coercive acts you are referring to

What? Jos North always been dominated by Muslims? If you are not sure of history please endeavor to be shut instead of spreading falsehood that would only add fuel to the already heating polity. The original owners of Jos North are the Berom, anaguta and afizere. Mind you it's not only the Hausas that came to settle in Jos - Igbos, Yorubas and other ethnic groups were well settled back then. Of all the people that came to settle in Jos, it's only the Hausas that had the guts( politically designed) to claim that Jos North is theirs. Their argument is that they have more population in Jos North than any other ethnic group.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by senatordave1(m): 1:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
peeddy:

What? Jos North always been dominated by Muslims? If you are not sure of history please endeavor to be shut instead of spreading falsehood that would only add fuel to the already heating polity. The original owners of Jos North are the Berom, anaguta and afizere. Mind you it's not only the Hausas that came to settle in Jos - Igbos, Yorubas and other ethnic groups were well settled back then. Of all the people that came to settle in Jos, it's only the Hausas that had the guts( politically designed) to claim that Jos North is theirs. Their argument is that they have more population in Jos North than any other ethnic group.
Am not talking about indigenes of jos north alone.are the hausas the largest group in jos north or not whether settlers or indigenes
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by SlayerSupreme: 2:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
More like 50/50. No clear majority.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by Mintek: 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
senatordave1:
I will like to know the religious percentage of adamawa and taraba.this is a very controversial topic that i would like us to simplify once and for all.

Mynd
Abduljabbar
Alhassan
Ceowaltz
Quotasystem

Your thread topic says "...Adamawa and Nassarawa" but your comment replaces the latter with Taraba.

For Adamawa and Nassarawa, I'd say both Faiths are almost evenly-matched population-wise but Muslims are more politically-predominant.

As for Taraba, it's more or less like Plateau - a Christian-dominated State but with a sizable Muslim population.
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by haffaze777(m): 3:22pm On Apr 03, 2020
100/100 undecided
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by senatordave1(m): 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
Mintek:

Your thread topic says "...Adamawa and Nassarawa" but your comment replaces the latter with Taraba.

For Adamawa and Nassarawa, I'd say both Faiths are almost evenly-matched population-wise but Muslims are more politically-predominant.

As for Taraba, it's more or less like Plateau - a Christian-dominated State but with a sizable Muslim population.

Please if you see taraba its a mistake,I've written about taraba in the past.ill like a local government breakdown if you dont mind
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by senatordave1(m): 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerSupreme:
More like 50/50. No clear majority.
Can you expatiate more
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by SlayerSupreme: 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
senatordave1:

Can you expatiate more

By observation, I can't see a definite majority religion.

Sorry I wasn't specific previously. I'm actually talking of Nasarawa State. I can't give a L.G breakdown as I haven't visited every L.G.
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by abduljabbar4(m): 5:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
I haven't been to Nassarawa before. I think a there should be more Muslims than Christians in Adamawa judging from some factors. Maybe 55-45 in Muslims favour. I'm not sure
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by abduljabbar4(m): 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
There are slightly more Christians than Muslims in Taraba. Again, this is just a guess. My deduction is coming from the voting patterns in these states right from 2011. Most Muslims went for CPC/APC while the Christians favored PDP
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by senatordave1(m): 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerSupreme:

By observation, I can't see a definite majority religion.

Sorry I wasn't specific previously. I'm actually talking of Nasarawa State. I can't give a L.G breakdown as I haven't visited every L.G.
What of the ones you have visited? What about the different tribes
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by SlayerSupreme: 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2020
senatordave1:
What of the ones you have visited? What about the different tribes

Keffi Muslim dominated. Lafia Muslim dominated. Obi Christian dominated.

Across tribes the Tiv are obviously Christianity/Traditional inclined. My dear Koro should be 60/40 - Christianity/Islam The guys in Lafia Muslim dominated.

Dunno about the rest.
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by senatordave1(m): 7:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerSupreme:

Keffi Muslim dominated.
Lafia Muslim dominated.
Obi Christian dominated.

Across tribes the Tiv are obviously Christianity/Traditional inclined.
My dear Koro should be 60/40 - Christianity/Islam
The guys in Lafia Muslim dominated.

Dunno about the rest.
I like this indepth analysis.do you know anything about adamawa
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by senatordave1(m): 7:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
Mitjyland :
Politics in the north is purely one-sided. I attended my university in Adamawa and from this result so far, it is clear that the Adamawa Christians are the one who voted Atiku, where as majority of Adamawa Muslim opted for Buhari. I'ts just a shame that Nigeria has become this way.
@bolded below, Christian dominated.
Mubi North Local Government
APC – 26,746
PDP – 23,156
Shelleng Local Government
APC – 13,531
PDP – 11, 912
Girie Local Government
APC – 17,765
PDP – 14,673
Yola North Local Government
APC – 43,865
PDP – 27,789
Numan Local Government
APC – 10,610
PDP – 23,469
Demsa Local Government
APC – 6,989
PDP – 29,997
Hong Local Government
APC – 20,471
PDP – 23,039
Ganye Local Government
APC – 20,360
PDP – 17,770
Guyuk Local Government
APC – 10,825
PDP – 22,059
Lamurde Local Government
APC – 8,123
PDP – 21,404
Yola South Local Government
APC – 34,534
PDP – 20,414
Mayo Belwa Local Government
APC – 20,842
PDP – 23,734
Mubi South Local Government
APC – 19,361
PDP – 10,514
Madagali Local Government
APC – 8,208
PDP – 14,594
Maiha Local Government
APC – 17,034
PDP – 7,916
Song Local Government
APC – 17,352
PDP – 22,648
Fufore Local Government
APC – 29,507
PDP – 16,430
Gombi Local Government
APC – 12,805
PDP – 18172
Jada Local Government
APC – 21,322
PDP – 22877
Michika Local Government
APC – 10,669
PDP – 32,085
Toungo Local Government
APC – 7,149
PDP – 5,614.
Total:
APC – 377,488
PDP – 412,266.
Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by SlayerSupreme: 7:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
senatordave1:
I like this indepth analysis.do you know anything about adamawa

Never been there.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Religious Demographics Of Adamawa And Nasarawa State? by tbarrister(m): 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2022
senatordave1:
Mitjyland :
Politics in the north is purely one-sided. I attended my university in Adamawa and from this result so far, it is clear that the Adamawa Christians are the one who voted Atiku, where as majority of Adamawa Muslim opted for Buhari. I'ts just a shame that Nigeria has become this way.
@bolded below, Christian dominated.
Mubi North Local Government
APC – 26,746
PDP – 23,156
Shelleng Local Government
APC – 13,531
PDP – 11, 912
Girie Local Government
APC – 17,765
PDP – 14,673
Yola North Local Government
APC – 43,865
PDP – 27,789
Numan Local Government
APC – 10,610
PDP – 23,469
Demsa Local Government
APC – 6,989
PDP – 29,997
Hong Local Government
APC – 20,471
PDP – 23,039
Ganye Local Government
APC – 20,360
PDP – 17,770
Guyuk Local Government
APC – 10,825
PDP – 22,059
Lamurde Local Government
APC – 8,123
PDP – 21,404
Yola South Local Government
APC – 34,534
PDP – 20,414
Mayo Belwa Local Government
APC – 20,842
PDP – 23,734
Mubi South Local Government
APC – 19,361
PDP – 10,514
Madagali Local Government
APC – 8,208
PDP – 14,594
Maiha Local Government
APC – 17,034
PDP – 7,916
Song Local Government
APC – 17,352
PDP – 22,648
Fufore Local Government
APC – 29,507
PDP – 16,430
Gombi Local Government
APC – 12,805
PDP – 18172
Jada Local Government
APC – 21,322
PDP – 22877
Michika Local Government
APC – 10,669
PDP – 32,085
Toungo Local Government
APC – 7,149
PDP – 5,614.
Total:
APC – 377,488
PDP – 412,266.

Is atiku a Christian? You're very funny. Many Muslims voted him even though they prefer buhari.

(1) (Reply)

New Biafra Group Vows To Kill IPOB Security Network - Kanu Replies / Why Is An Hausa Man Not Coming Out For President: Are they Fulani slaves / Rabiu Abdulsamad, Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, As He Makes N3.4b Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.