Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

..... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ..... (6713 Views)

Is It Biblical To Pray For A Life Partner? / Born Again Christian Women Wearing Make-up, Is It Biblical? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ..... by Azibalua(f): 1:50pm On Jan 03, 2011
my son has full curly hair,i want it maintained that way, i have dreadlocks , my husband has straight hair,and yet we are all burning for Jesus.interesting isn't it

i don't think its anyone's business what any other person does with his or her hair,

if you don't like the perm keep away from it ,
if you do go ahead and get it done. lol
Re: ..... by simplymee: 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2011
Abeg what has perming of hair got to the with the impact. MAKE i ask, when Pastors been dey on AFRO CURLS in those days, was it a crime? did they do the word ? were more souls won to the kingdom of God? How come nobody talked then, ?
Re: ..... by InesQor(m): 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2011
*Teary-eyed yawn tongue*
Re: ..... by ogajim(m): 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2011
Any Christian that can't live with the "ORIGINAL" parts God gave him/her is being WORLDLY if you ask me. If you hate your grey hairs so much then shave your head instead of "afri hair dye" which looks ridiculous to say the least because everyone ought to know you're living a LIE anyway.

That hair right there doesn't look NATURAL to me maybe to others it might.

Re: ..... by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2011
I hate it when people bring up all sorts of rubbish all in the name of argument. Can this OP tell me where it is in the bible to buy a jeep,wear armani suits etc. Since we now have to consult the bible to look Good. Listen if you dont like the guy's hair style keep it yourself,we dont need to know! Is your own hairstyle (be it low cut,gorimapa or afro) in the bible? Nonsense.
Re: ..... by InesQor(m): 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2011
Apart from the usual suspects Jo/Mabell/etc, every other person surfacing to scream in support of Chris Oyaks seem to be strangers who have very few posts. Discuss.
Re: ..... by ogajim(m): 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2011
^^^ Multiple IDs maybe? wink wink wink
Re: ..... by Joagbaje(m): 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2011
ogajim:

Any Christian that can't live with the "ORIGINAL" parts God gave him/her is being WORLDLY if you ask me. If you hate your grey hairs so much then shave your head instead of "afri hair dye" which looks ridiculous to say the least because everyone ought to know you're living a LIE anyway.

Hair dye is carnal, weavon must be carnal too, likewise make ups and combing of hair!. cheesy grin
Re: ..... by ogajim(m): 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2011
Joagbaje:

Hair dye is carnal, weavon must be carnal too, likewise make ups and combing of hair!. cheesy grin

You might be right on all counts except the combing part which doesn't add or subtract anything to one's hair. We have to "keep it real" as Christians not go in the ways of the World we were admonished to stay away from.

If it quacks like a duck, it is a duck!
Re: ..... by newmi(m): 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2011
ogajim:

Any Christian that can't live with the "ORIGINAL" parts God gave him/her is being WORLDLY if you ask me.

Wearing of clothes and shoe is not natural and original . grin
Re: ..... by newmi(m): 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2011
ogajim:

You might be right on all counts except the combing part which doesn't add or subtract anything to one's hair.

Barbing of hair subtracts from Gods original creation. It is therefore carnal and worldly and sinful grin
Re: ..... by Joagbaje(m): 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2011
newmi:

Barbing of hair subtracts from Gods original creation. It is therefore carnal and worldly and sinful grin

Hmmm, Oh The bondage of man made laws! grin. Thank God we have scriptures. We won't bath again nor wear shoe.
Re: ..... by newmi(m): 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2011
Please this is not directed to anyone in particular except someone wishes to personalize it; its amazing how foolish some people could think, for Godsake what is natural and what is not nature? Ok natural why do you shave your pubic and armpit hairs, no leave it NaTUraL and don't ulter its "NAtuRaL" process of growth maybe then we'd celebrate you   grin grin cheesy cheesy grin  grin

Simple question: looking at that picture, isn't that man BEAUTIFULL ABEG!!
Re: ..... by KunleOshob(m): 9:01am On Jan 04, 2011
newmi:

Simple question: looking at that picture, isn't that man BEAUTIFULL ABEG!!

he looks gay to me is his looks supposed to be one of his selling points? no wonder women of easy virtue flock to his church.
Re: ..... by simplymee: 11:08am On Jan 04, 2011
Is it a matter that they come? if anyone does not come, how will they be affected? abeg many things we do today is not biblical if we want to go according to the BIBLE as u want to. This matter no be matter at all, just that some want to throw smoke when nothing dey happen. Lets bring up things that will edify and educate the saints rather than bring up 'ISSUES' when there is no need in the first place. IF THE MATTER VEX U, GO NATURAL BUT U & I NO THAT IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. BOY! NO MATTER WHAT , LETS LOOK GOOD AT ALL TIMES. GOD BLESS U
Re: ..... by Zikkyy(m): 11:49am On Jan 04, 2011
Joagbaje:

You don't have to be under dryer , that's womens affair, just get a soft relaxer,wash it off and you are like any other man, Except that your hair is softer to comb now. No need of messy oil dripping on chair like "COMING TO AMERICA" technology has improved .

grin grin Oga Jo, e be like you dey the business of hair perming before. Talk true grin
Re: ..... by UyiIredia(m): 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2011
the problem is that what is 'Biblical' varies from place-to-place >>> and from person-to-person >>> i do not fancy, as such, a pastor perming his hair >>> i would not of course say it is ungodly or unBiblical >>> that is a personal preference - note the difference
Re: ..... by DeeJay20: 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2011
Ymodulus:

We have seen this going on among christians especially the christ embassy pastors, so am asking is it biblical

DUDE U R SUCH A WASTE-MAN FOR ASKING THAT QUESTION!!!
STOP BEING A MUPPET/FOOL, IF THE GUY WANTS TO USE "SPORTING WAVES"
THATS HIS BUSINESS, ITS CHRISITANS AND THEIR CONDUCT & CHARACTER. INTEGRITY AND MORALS THAT PEOPLE SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT,
Re: ..... by mabell: 9:17pm On Jan 04, 2011
@Poster,
brushing of teeth, cutting of nails and cleaning of the ear are grievous sins

KunleOshob:

he looks gay to me is his looks supposed to be one of his selling points? no wonder women of easy virtue flock to his church.

Mr loud mouth, is this your new tactics, your best shot?
Re: ..... by inedi: 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2011
WAIT O point of observation, this so called ymodulus that is an uncircumcised philistine is the on asking us Question and we are busy replying him, i think the best thing for this guy is to shot up and not to give the devil the attention he is asking for because he is a defeated fool, that those not have any new stratagies. what does ymodulus know about the bible that he is asking i thought he said he a Realist, pls i will advice that you stop involeing your self in Christains matter, or if you are ready to recieve christ let us know, we will give you life becaue the reason you are like this is because you have a dead spirit.
Re: ..... by EmmaTay(m): 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2012
[size=25pt]Let's take this generally. Men and women can perm their hair. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander as well.If women can be doing it,I see no reason why men can't do it.[/size]
Re: ..... by nep2ra(m): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
Seriously speaking, the wrong interpretation and reading the Bible through hypocritical eyes has damaged the intellect and common sense of most Nigerians.

P.S : I'm not a fan of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and I'm not a Christian.
Re: ..... by Horus(m): 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
EmmaTay: Let's take this generally. Men and women can perm their hair. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander as well.If women can be doing it,I see no reason why men can't do it.

Do you perm your hairs?
Re: ..... by UjSizzle(f): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
All i can say is it's not unbiblical. Remember God is interested in your heart and not how good looking your are. I suppose if you aint immodest it's ok.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Gele" Headwraps Banned By Enugu Church For Security / Preparing For Rapture ( PRAYER COLLECTIONS ) / African Traditional Beliefs Concerning Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.