Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers (595 Views)

Ogun: Wale Adedayo And The Affinity Of Judas Iscariot / Ogun: Wale Adedayo And The Affinity Of Judas Iscariot / Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Elose11(m): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
The Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare said his visit to Port Harcourt was in line with the tradition established by his late father.

“Following the footsteps of my father who came on a thank you tour after his coronation, we recall with nostalgia my father’s public service in Ahoada many years ago. Port Harcourt, and Rivers State is indeed a second home.

The Oba of Benin said his visit was aimed at strengthening friendly and close relationships between the people.

“I am here to strengthen the friendly relationship and close affinity of our people. History has it that some of the tribes here trace their ancestry to Benin. These include the Ikwerres, the people of Ahoada and Omoku,’’ he said.

He added that he was also in the state to meet with other traditional rulers to influence the process of development.

“I will meet with the South-South monarchs who were present at the coronation so that we can share ideas with them on ways of strengthening the traditional institution in Nigeria and ensure the development and wellbeing of our people.

“We would like to use this opportunity of this visit to appreciate the cordial relationship between the good people of Edo State and the good people of Rivers State,’’ he said.

He extended a special invitation to the government and people of Rivers to participate in the celebration of the Igue Festival

https://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/ce2a2c3b0fed8c409cc2994fa90c03b1?client=news
Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Lonelyhrt1(m): 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nice one
Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Salvador1: 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2020
Fight go soon start BTW two sophiscated tribes

I can sense it

1 2 3...
Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
Elose11:
The Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare said his visit to Port Harcourt was in line with the tradition established by his late father.

“Following the footsteps of my father who came on a thank you tour after his coronation, we recall with nostalgia my father’s public service in Ahoada many years ago. Port Harcourt, and Rivers State is indeed a second home.

The Oba of Benin said his visit was aimed at strengthening friendly and close relationships between the people.

“I am here to strengthen the friendly relationship and close affinity of our people. History has it that some of the tribes here trace their ancestry to Benin. These include the Ikwerres, the people of Ahoada and Omoku,’’ he said.

He added that he was also in the state to meet with other traditional rulers to influence the process of development.

“I will meet with the South-South monarchs who were present at the coronation so that we can share ideas with them on ways of strengthening the traditional institution in Nigeria and ensure the development and wellbeing of our people.

“We would like to use this opportunity of this visit to appreciate the cordial relationship between the good people of Edo State and the good people of Rivers State,’’ he said.

He extended a special invitation to the government and people of Rivers to participate in the celebration of the Igue Festival

https://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/ce2a2c3b0fed8c409cc2994fa90c03b1?client=news

Old news.

Meanwhile all of them are benins with Igbo name.

I think it is high time they start learning Benin language

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Salvador1: 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
I can bet it that this crap was written by afonja Muslim.
Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Salvador1: 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Old news.

Meanwhile all of them are benins with Igbo name.

I think it is high time they start learning Benin language
and answer their names too
Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Elose11(m): 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nobody jokes with the Oba! Check out the respect!

Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Sylraph1: 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2020
The Post says Benin
But the fight go be IGBO VS YORUBA

Watch out for the husband and wife tribe...
Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2020
Salvador1:
Fight go soon start BTW two sophiscated tribes

I can sense it

1 2 3...

No fight.

They are benins.
Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Elose11(m): 1:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
Oba Khato kpeieiiii, ise!! Check out the respect. Wike knows his master!

Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Salvador1: 1:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
MelesZenawi:

No fight.

They are benins.
not when they are bearing igbo names and as well speak in igbo
Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
Elose11:
Nobody jokes with the Oba! Check out the respect!

I know that just tell your ancestry and ancestors to change their names to Edo names and start learning how to speak bini...

Since they are lost and are now back they should start naming their children with Benin names and start speaking Edo language.

That's the way to go..
Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 03, 2020
Salvador1:
not when they are bearing igbo names and as well speak in igbo

It shouldn't cause fight.

There is still time for them to reintegrate back to their bini roots by speaking and. Answering the names.
Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by Salvador1: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
MelesZenawi:

It shouldn't cause fight.

There is still time for them to reintegrate back to their bini roots by speaking and. Answering the names.
nobody is fighting bro
Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by internationalman(m): 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
Obs of benin owns the land from here to overseas..

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by johnmartus(m): 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2020
No wonder most of ikwerre people their names sound like yoruba names.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin: My Visit To Strengthen The Affinity Of Our People In Rivers by HocusPotos: 2:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
[s]
johnmartus:
No wonder most of ikwerre people their names sound like yoruba names.
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Coronavirus Patience Who Sneaked Into Abia Apprehended / Abba Kyari's Demise: 5 Drama That'll Surely Unfold After His Death / IMC Chairman Of Ideato South LGA Hon. Bede Ikeaka Salutes Governor Hope Uzodinma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.