Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,699 members, 7,827,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi (26129 Views)

Soyinka On Uzodinma & Ihedioha: I Am Not Part Of Supreme Court Review Team / Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument / Governor Ihedioha: I Will Hit The Ground Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by aminulive: 10:52pm On Sep 28, 2022
FORMER Imo State Governor, Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha has said that he shares close political affinity and has the utmost respect for the Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, LP, Mr Peter Obi.

Ihedioha, who was also a former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives and Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, also denied referring to Ndigbo supporting Obi’s presidential ambition as saboteurs.

This is coming on the heels of a video that has gone viral where the former Imo State Governor was said to have castigated supporters of Obi in Southeast.

The viral video has attracted serious criticisms and attacks on the former Deputy Speaker’s personality.

But Ihedioha in a statement on Wednesday which was made available to Vanguard said that he respects the plurality of opinions and choices.

The statement issued by his media aide, Chibuike Onyeukwu read:

“Few days ago, His Excellency Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha CON, on the invitation of his kinsmen, was in Accra, Ghana to celebrate this year’s Iri Ji festival with the Mbaise community in that country.

“As a founding member and one of the leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, he seized the opportunity of that visit to address PDP issues nationally but particularly in Imo State and assuage the anxiety of the members of his party who have been apprehensive of the developments within the party.

“In doing so, he decried what at best is the insouciant attitude and worse, the outright sabotage of some acclaimed party leaders who are engaging in acts that are inimical to the success of the PDP, especially in the Southeast by working in cahoots with the other parties. He was only talking about members of his own political party.

“For clarity purposes, His Excellency, never referred to members of any other political party, especially the Labour Party as saboteurs. He only spoke in the context of the PDP and the emphasis was on the need for members of his party to remain consistent and committed.

“It is inconceivable that he will refer to anybody who is supporting Mr. Peter Obi, Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, his long time friend, with whom he shares close political affinity and has utmost respect for, as a saboteur.”

Regretting that his statement was misconstrued, he said, “It is unfortunate that his well-intentioned speech which addressed the specific issue of happenings within his own political party was, again, manipulated by fifth columnists to suit their mischievous scheme of bringing him on a collision with Mr. Peter Obi, whose unwavering political philosophy of “Taking Back Nigeria” from the draconian stranglehold of the failed ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, he wholeheartedly shares.

“His Excellency respects the aspirations and passion of members of other political parties, even as he remains committed to the cause of his own political party and it is not in his character to cast aspersions on those who hold contrary political opinion.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/i-share-close-political-affinity-with-peter-obi-ihedioha/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Salvador1: 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2022
Damage control.

You have diarrhoea of the mouth

310 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2022
Cool
Keep it up

3 Likes

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:06pm On Sep 28, 2022
Shatap and chest the consequences of your choice and words...

This damage control measure may NOT actually work as it's coming a bit too late...

Ihedioha simply made his return to governorship in Imo state tougher with his hands...

268 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by CrownOfClay724: 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2022
E good make people dey talk, so that we go sabi everybody mind.

Look the clown Imolites stood for over Supreme court's governor.

Guess they should apologize to hope then.

211 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Ngwamankillyou(m): 11:26pm On Sep 28, 2022
This old fool will be advising Igbos not to vote Obi because it's not his turn not Igbos or peter Obi, and in the other hand he can't hide his bigoted admiration for the incoming commander presido OBI.

Ohediohia is a clown.

182 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by infohenry(m): 11:27pm On Sep 28, 2022
Emeka Ihedioha do not bother yourself, you will meet the saboteurs in your quest to become imo state governor and they will sabotage you.

212 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by ezegold4we: 11:32pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ihedioha is finished, don't know This Guy has fish Brain, hope uzodinma, u did well by dealing with that coward Called Ihedioha,

Ihedioha, let me remind you once again that Nigerians are running for presidency, Obi is The vehicle carrying us including u to aso rock come 2023,

Finally,be reminded that imolites has seen your true colour, u aren't smart nor intelligent at all.

219 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by FactBoyz: 11:36pm On Sep 28, 2022
I have said it Igbo leaders are the problem of Igbo Land

A Fulani hausa man is about finishing 8 years in power, another Fulani hausa man comes to igbo land to say, “we need 8 more years before we can try to give you power”. And igbo leaders are nodding head

No be juju be dat?

181 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Phygo(m): 11:36pm On Sep 28, 2022
Emeka is PDP grew hair,why nail him. His loyalty lies to his interest and party. Don't stretch it out of context.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by LegendHero(m): 11:37pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ihedioha used to be the personal lord and savior of IPOB terrorists.

Now the same man is now calling all of them saboteurs just because of Atiku, a Fulani man they love to hate.

IPOB terrorists will soon visit him.

231 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by BluntCrazeMan: 11:37pm On Sep 28, 2022
Medicine After Death...

E be like say the man don collect.
He don dey correct himself

9 Likes

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by LeoDeKing: 11:37pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ihedioha knows the code.

After saying his mind about Atiku yesterday, ipob pigs insulted the hell out of him and I'm sure they must have sent a threat message to him.

He has now decided to use the magic code. Watch how this will work perfectly as per miracle. grin

218 Likes

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Bawsse(m): 11:38pm On Sep 28, 2022
This man is not sharp at all....
He is a dullard and Peter obi will flush you and Hopeless Uzodinjo into political oblivion...

I'm not picking any sides because you both are one and the same, imo state will do well to get rid of political prostitu.tes like you two..

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by crossfm: 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2022
Useless entity.

No wonder Hope Uzodinma was able to snatch imo state easily from you.

Emeka your political career just ended.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Brendaniel: 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2022
Na wa o

This one is neither here nor there...

7 Likes

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Cti28(m): 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2022
FactBoyz:
I have said it Igbo leaders are the problem of Igbo Land

A Fulani hausa man is about finishing 8 years in power, another Fulani hausa man comes to igbo land to say, “we need 8 more years before we can try to give you power”. And igbo leaders are nodding head

No be juju be dat?
They are irredeemably stupid.
Lol like agama lizard.

10 Likes

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Bendeco02: 11:42pm On Sep 28, 2022
This man should just forget contesting for the next Imo governorship election... He don fuckup.

Grown-up man that can't think before making statement.

23 Likes

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Cmanforall: 11:43pm On Sep 28, 2022
This man ...
Someone who was in Federal House for 16 good years, and even became the deputy speaker. Can he boldly point out his achievements for his constituency and the country?

Imo people might have avoided one scam to get into another

22 Likes

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by SmartPolician: 11:43pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ihedioha is a big idiot!

This is Peter Obi campaigning for him to be governor, a position he later won.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Efuaye(m): 11:44pm On Sep 28, 2022
You goofed big time.

23 Likes

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Massiveglory: 11:45pm On Sep 28, 2022
Ihedioha needed to explain becos his goodwill with imo people would have been lost and gone.
The obi/datti movement is not one you joke with.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by luvinhubby(m): 11:46pm On Sep 28, 2022
Fear of political retribution

5 Likes

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Laggafin: 11:47pm On Sep 28, 2022
He won't smell ikonso house again

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 11:48pm On Sep 28, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Ihedioha knows the code.

After saying his mind about Atiku yesterday, ipob pigs insulted the hrll out of him and I'm sure they must have sent a threat message to him.

He has now decided to use the magic code. Watch how this will work perfectly as per miracle. grin

trying to divert the shame.
stale crap
e pain you

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by dele1727: 11:48pm On Sep 28, 2022
. grin grin grin

Ihedioha like Reno has touched the igbo annoited 1

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by Bluebeach: 11:51pm On Sep 28, 2022
All I know is if you vote Tinubu, more tollgate will be created all over the country.

His grandchildren and great grandchildren will have one or more tollgate funds to their account just like him and his son is enjoying that of Lagos.

It will definitely happen!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by RobsonsTARz: 11:53pm On Sep 28, 2022
See this Hope Uzodinma place holder o...

4 Likes

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by PlayerMeji: 11:53pm On Sep 28, 2022
So...?
Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by PoliteActivist: 11:54pm On Sep 28, 2022
He was just being a loyal Party man.
Doesn't change the fact he was robbed of a governorship he won fair and square.
He's still the governor Imolites want!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha: I Share Close Political Affinity With Peter Obi by kingamaa(m): 11:55pm On Sep 28, 2022
Damage control

You goofed

You went way out of line

The internet never forgets

We go remind you at the right time

31 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Why We Are Forming New Political Movement - Okorocha / I Visited Buhari In London, But I Won’t Talk About His Health – Amosun / PHOTOS: How To Detect A Suicide Bomber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.