Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief (1929 Views)

Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank / Frank Okiye Tests Positive To Coronavirus / ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by uptimum123(m): 5:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nigeria’s response to coronavirus remarkable – UN chief

The United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, has commended Nigeria’s response to the coronavirus pandemic in the country.

Guterres, who spoke at a virtual news briefing in New York, the United States on Thursday, singled out Nigeria as one of the developing countries that have “shown a remarkable capacity to respond to the coronavirus.”

“I have to say this; some of these developing countries have shown a remarkable capacity to respond.

“I was quite impressed to see, for instance, Nigeria putting in place and immediately establishing a hospital.

“And I saw difficulties in countries that are much more developed to do quickly the same.”

Nigeria currently has 190 cases of COVID-19 with two deaths.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/nigerias-response-to-coronavirus-remarkable-un-chief/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Eteka1(m): 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
Good to be noted for getting something done relatively well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Charleys: 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
He is indirectly talking about the south south and south east response.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by otipoju(m): 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nigerians have the capacity for greatness

The average Nigerian is smart. With the right education and exposure is a force to be reckoned with anywhere in the world.

Sadly we have been cursed with leaders who in their quest for power have made diabolic covenants with oppressive, blood sucking and evil demons.

As such Nigerians is in the chains of darkness and oppression!!! Once that spiritual stronghold is broken...the destiny of the country can be realised.

Sadly the Pastors are lovers of Mammon ( money) and are too blind to see that the prayers we need is for the chain of demonic oppression to be broken.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by APCNig: 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
Charleys:

This is how madness starts oooo. You are showing early symptoms of psychiatric disorders and mental imbalance just because you heard good news about your father's land. You will due of hatred.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by zikter(m): 6:11pm On Apr 03, 2020
So far so good.
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by APCNig: 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
uptimum123:
Nigeria’s response to coronavirus remarkable – UN chief

The United Nations Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, has commended Nigeria’s response to the coronavirus pandemic in the country.

Guterres, who spoke at a virtual news briefing in New York, the United States on Thursday, singled out Nigeria as one of the developing countries that have “shown a remarkable capacity to respond to the coronavirus.”

“I have to say this; some of these developing countries have shown a remarkable capacity to respond.

“I was quite impressed to see, for instance, Nigeria putting in place and immediately establishing a hospital.

“And I saw difficulties in countries that are much more developed to do quickly the same.”

Nigeria currently has 190 cases of COVID-19 with two deaths.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/nigerias-response-to-coronavirus-remarkable-un-chief/

Up Nigeria.
Up Buhari
Up Sanwo-Olu
Up APC

Down Corona
Down Haters
Down IPOB Miscreants.

USA, Italy, Spain, France and others should get book and biro, get table and chairs and sit down in a class while Major General Muhammadu Buhari and our Starboy Babajide Sanwo-Olu teach them CRS 101: Introduction to Crisis Management.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Obamaofusa: 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2020
We have some of the best doctors in the world.
To top it all,our economy will not enter recession but we will come out of this covid 19 crisis with a very strong economy. Mark this post.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Heffalump(m): 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2020
The UN scribe failed to acknowledge the fact that we have treated and discharged 20 nos. Covid-19 patients of the 190 infected, with a greater number to be discharged very soon shocked

All those foreigners that ran away will be there regretting by now, especially if the situation in their countries gets worst. Nigeria is safe abeg
kiss
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Heathen777(m): 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2020
Still not doing random testing... Why are we not also doing testing?
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by GamalNasser: 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
We are doing great but there is some other factor causing COVID to loose it's lethality and transmission rate once it taken to some cities , and the only thing these Covid "elixir" cities have in common now that we can point to is zero coverage of 5g signals .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by mygreenday(m): 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
when will Nigeria rise above being a DEVELOPING COUNTRY.?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by sapientia(m): 6:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
Mumu chief.

When was the first death recorded in USA.

What is it now.

No comment sha.

Zombies will print and hang this trash in their room.
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by APCNig: 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
Heffalump:
The UN scribe failed to acknowledge the fact that we have treated and discharged 20 nos. Covid-19 patients of the 190 infected, with a greater number to be discharged very soon shocked

All those foreigners that ran away will be there regretting by now, especially if the situation in their countries gets worst. Nigeria is safe abeg
kiss

It's good that some foreign white pigs ran back to their Corona Virus infested father's land because they do not belief in we African's despite the statistics showing that Africans are doing better in the management of the crisis.

This way, they will die in their father's land. It's good.

Nigerians will never die of Corona Virus again apart from the two deaths we have recorded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Rabbitcartel: 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2020
He forgot the recovery rate
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Heffalump(m): 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
Heathen777:

If we can survive almighty malaria in Africa, Covid-19 is a Child's play. Malaria is more lethal, the difference being that Covid-19 is airborne and highly contagious. This is from the African perspective.

People may be catching the virus and surviving in Nigeria without knowing due to the active immunity we have got via malaria.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Ruggedniggaone: 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2020
while some motherfucking bastard ipob terrorist members busy insulting and ridiculing fed govt effort everyday awon sadists

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Dikegodspower(m): 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2020
the problem we have in this contraption called Nigeria is that illiterates and nomadics are the ones controlling a particular section that is highly intelligent....
can one give what he/she doesn't have.?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2020
They can never be honest with African countries for once

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by princemillla(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kudos to sanwo Olu. Am not a fan of his but I commend his proactiveness. Truth be told I am beginning to like him afteral he is the gomina of my fathers land
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Adaogwashi1(f): 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
You see the best of Nigeria in times like this, we can be a great country but if only we respect one another.
God bless Nigeria

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Ruggedniggaone: 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
Charleys:
which south south and south east?is it the one their ogogoo governor is begging buhari for 1b he is gonna loot? cursed region

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Guestlander: 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2020
What he doesn't know is that the type of water we drink in Nigeria that doesn't make us sick if he drink the same water his stomach will be doing some gymnastics inside of him.
Whatever is not making this virus so deadly in Africa and Nigeria especially, I thank God for it.
People are getting sick in countries where they have all the equipment they need.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Ruggedniggaone: 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
Heathen777:
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Fariq: 6:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
Well Done NCDC & Ministry Of Health

Some haters living in the same Nigeria are either angry for the development or they will twist the topic to earn credits.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Passionate888: 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
Well done
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Fariq: 6:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
while some motherfucking bastard ipob terrorist members busy insulting and ridiculing fed govt effort everyday awon sadists

They are allergic to success.

They hate the success of one another even within themselves, let alone somehow outside their tribe or region.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
cheesy. Dis News Sweet Me no be Small cheesy

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Olominira(m): 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nigerians pls believe in the future of this nation, my appeal is particularly to everyone living in the country at the moment. We're better than many developed nations in some aspect, at least some people are alive today because they're Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Confirmedzombie: 7:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
The UN Chief is ironically praising the SW, the SW are known to be very intelligent people.

I salute my SW people and I give this glory to the them.

The people of SE are allergic to bad news and success.

We will overcome
God bless Buhari
Igbos WAKA
NTOOOOR

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by JubrinElSudan: 7:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
This man always wants to be political correct. The same way they believed a Chinese government report that the virus isn't transmittable via human to human as at January this year. Always ready to believe any lies told by any country in the fight against COVID-19.

Modified: UN sec Gen, I was thinking it was WHO chief
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by 24kmagic: 8:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
Some people will masturbate over this news

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Reno Said Igbo Dont Have Beggars. Now He Tells Them To Stop Begging. / President Buhari’s Personal Assistant Orders Detention Of Aisha’s ADC / Gov. Umahi & Igbo Investors Inspect Gigantic Projects In Ebonyi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.