Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief (1938 Views)

Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank / Frank Okiye Tests Positive To Coronavirus / ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by dukeprince50: 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
mygreenday:
when will Nigeria rise above being a DEVELOPING COUNTRY.?
we are lucky to be called developing.
Non-developed is more reasonable.

Egypt, SA etc are developing
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by dukeprince50: 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2020
Heffalump:

If we can survive almighty malaria in Africa, Covid-19 is a Child's play. Malaria is more lethal, the difference being that Covid-19 is airborne and highly contagious. This is from the African perspective.

People may be catching the virus and surviving in Nigeria without knowing due to the active immunity we have got via malaria.
u have no idea what u are saying. Most people die of malaria cos they can't get access to treatment, don't compare it to Coro.

I've had malaria more than 40times on this planet and I'm still alive. If I have Coro like 10times, I may not be alive to type this
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
This man always wants to be political correct. The same way they believed a Chinese government report that the virus isn't transmittable via human to human as at January this year. Always ready to believe any lies told by any country in the fight against COVID-19.

Modified: UN sec Gen, I was thinking it was WHO chief

You are a sick uninformed POF buried deep in anti-chinese propaganda by the same people that put your fore-fathers in chains. Mental slavery and you enable it everyday.
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by JubrinElSudan: 8:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
jayfolarin:

You are a sick uninformed POF buried deep in anti-chinese propaganda by the same people that put your fore-fathers in chains. Mental slavery and you enable it everyday.
Lol..... Are you done? cheesy
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by HocusPotos: 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
[s]
dukeprince50:
u have no idea what u are saying. Most people die of malaria cos they can't get access to treatment, don't compare it to Coro.

I've had malaria more than 40times on this planet and I'm still alive. If I have Coro like 10times, I may not be alive to type this
[/s]
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by HocusPotos: 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
[s]
dukeprince50:
we are lucky to be called developing.
Non-developed is more reasonable.

Egypt, SA etc are developing
[/s]
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Heathen777(m): 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
Heffalump:

If we can survive almighty malaria in Africa, Covid-19 is a Child's play. Malaria is more lethal, the difference being that Covid-19 is airborne and highly contagious. This is from the African perspective.

People may be catching the virus and surviving in Nigeria without knowing due to the active immunity we have got via malaria.

If you understand what an endemic disease mean you wouldn't be making such an ignorant post. Malaria is endemic to africa, so africans have significant immunity to it. This doesn't necessarily mean our immune system is stronger, it just means we have more immunity to malaria.

When whites arived to europe and wiped out scores of native americans with their ("common"wink diseases, that didn't mean the whites had a stronger immune system and native americans had a weaker immune system but rather the diseases from the europeans were not endemic to the americas, ergo the native americans were more susceptible to it.

Please do everyone a favor and stop spreading harmful disinformation, there has been no studies carried out that shows we are more immune to covid 19. Current data shows we have 7,000 confirmed cases and about 300 deaths, do the maths and that is about a 3-4 percent mortality rate , which is even higher than the stated average mortality rate.

So no we are not more immune and even with our "high immune systems" we have one of the lowest life expectancy on the planet (at 45 - 50 yrs). Immunity doesn't mean jack if you don't have an adequate medical system and good standard of living. Stay safe

Also it
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Heathen777(m): 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
Heffalump:

If you understand what an endemic disease mean you wouldn't be making such an ignorant post. Malaria is endemic to africa, so africans have significant immunity to it. This doesn't necessarily mean our immune system is stronger, it just means we have more immunity to malaria.

When whites arrived to the America and wiped out scores of native americans with their ( "common" ) diseases, that didn't mean the whites had a stronger immune system and native americans had a weaker immune system but rather the diseases from the europeans were not endemic to the americas, ergo the native americans were more susceptible to it.

Please do everyone a favor and stop spreading harmful disinformation, there has been no studies carried out that shows we are more immune to covid 19. Current data shows we have 7,000 confirmed cases and about 300 deaths, do the maths and that is about a 4 percent mortality rate , which is even higher than the stated average mortality rate.

So no we are not more immune and even with our supposed "high immune systems" we have one of the lowest life expectancy on the planet (at 45 - 50 yrs). Immunity doesn't mean jack if you don't have an adequate medical system and good standard of living. Stay safe
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Franchise21(m): 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
The UN Chief is ironically praising the SW, the SW are known to be very intelligent people.

I salute my SW people and I give this glory to the them.

The people of SE are allergic to bad news and success.

We will overcome
God bless Buhari
Igbos WAKA
NTOOOOR
Complete definition of ur moniker... No pun intended
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by fredoooooo: 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2020
God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
Wow. Look at all the haters staying away from this thread as if they will contract Covid-19 if they show face here.

It's okay haters. All is forgiven. Fall in and show your country some luuuurrrrrrrvvveeee.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief by dele31: 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
I think your brain is in an isolation centre. Get well soon.
Charleys:
He is indirectly talking about the south south and south east response.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before You Bury In Akwa Ibom, Read This ! / Buhari Should Resign Quickly To Save Lives / Nobody In Charge Of Nigeria-Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.