Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? (1567 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by lankepeter1992: 2:37am On Apr 04, 2020
Hello everyone, I sincerely need some guidance here. God Bless.

My wife and her whole family are currently under the refugee program in Canada with my daughter who is a Canadian citizen by birth.

But I need to apply for express entry to join my wife and my daughter.

I would like to know if EXPRESS ENTRY will work, but more importantly, if I should apply alone, or I should apply for them with me together.

I and my wife both have our WES and IELTS ready, though the CRS score is not high enough and I intend to go for Provincial nomination.

NOTE:

* She has already declared me as her husband, and she and my daughter carry my surname.

** I was rejected a visit visa before she left with her family.

*** I am concerned that if I apply for her with me, which means if I am selected on the express entry PNP, she would probably have to exit the asylum claim, come back home and summit her international passport at the VFS office with me.

**** I am thinking if I should apply alone, the question of why are you going alone might arise, without your wife, what would it means if they discovered that my wife is under asylum in Canada already.

***** I am a senior electrical engineer in Ibadan, Nigeria

All in all, I would like to know which would make sense and why? to apply alone (as not coming with a spouse) OR to apply as I am coming with my wife.

Please kindly suggest any relevant input and guidance.

God Bless!
Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by dawnomike(m): 3:18am On Apr 04, 2020
Kindly apply alone... You're wife will surely be removed from the assylum program but she may bot have to come home to re-apply since your daughter is a citizen by birth.

The easiest way for get is to enrol for a course of study which will atleast cover her to stay legit for some years to be on the safer side
Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by AngelicBeing: 10:06am On Apr 04, 2020
lankepeter1992:

My wife and her whole family are currently under the refugee program in Canada with my daughter who is a Canadian citizen by birth.

I would like to know if EXPRESS ENTRY will work, but more importantly, if I should apply alone, or I should apply for them with me together.

I and my wife both have our WES and IELTS ready, though the CRS score is not high enough and I intend to go for Provincial nomination.

NOTE:

* She has already declared me as her husband, and she and my daughter carry my surname.

*** I am concerned that if I apply for her with me, which means if I am selected on the express entry PNP, she would probably have to exit the asylum claim, come back home and summit her international passport at the VFS office with me.

**** I am thinking if I should apply alone, the question of why are you going alone might arise, without your wife, what would it means if they discovered that my wife is under asylum in Canada already.

All in all, I would like to know which would make sense and why? to apply alone (as not coming with a spouse) OR to apply as I am coming with my wife.

God Bless!
Your wife been on Aduro levels in Canada has already placed your application on reverse gear if you eventually apply, the intent to migrate and say goodbye to Buhari and Nigeria is already on you, the Canadian VO's will need to drink enough alcohol, come to the office with hangover with sleepy eyes and approve any visa route you choose to follow, alternatively you wait for your wife's Aduro to be approved, she gets a job and sponsor you, other than that, securing any kind of visa to canada with your stories above is like telling Buhari to climb Mountain Everest with bathroom slippers and face mask.

Meanwhile let me head back to Mount Everest and continue eating my fresh fish pepper soup until the virus is over before I come down, good luck shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by justwise(m): 10:38am On Apr 04, 2020
lankepeter1992:

NOTE:

God Bless!

Non makes sense at all, your wife’s asylum application puts you in a difficult situation.

Really bad move

1 Like

Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by lankepeter1992: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2020
Hmmmm. It seems I'm in long thing. with what I'm seeing here.

I'm starting to think if the express entry could work at all for me?

I was of the mind that if I should get the express entry and of course get a job, that could remove them from the current government spending on them. Because they will now have me as someone fully responsible for them.

But I don't even know what to think or to do,
I'm ready to put in for the express entry profile but it seems I need to wait more and get you guys opinion.

Thanks guys, but I need more input here
Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by lankepeter1992: 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2020
Thanks to everyone that has replied, appreciate. Still here though, need more clarification by others
Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
lankepeter1992:

Do you mean I am disqualified or qualified?
dont. Better to wait till her decision is out. She is claiming threat to life or safety. But you the husband is safe in 9ja. Does that make. Sense

5 Likes

Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by Clicked: 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2020
Post this on the express entry thread, you're most likely to get the right information there.
Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by lankepeter1992: 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
Kekereekun123:
dont. Better to wait till her decision is out. She is claiming threat to life or safety. But you the husband is safe in 9ja. Does that make. Sense

Not her claiming, it her family issue. Not her as a person, but her family. Wouldn't have allowed her to leave but since I could not guaranty her safety by myself when the other people are leaving, and I don't know how serious it could be, which seems serious anyway.
Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
lankepeter1992:

Not her claiming, it her family issue. Not her as a person, but her family. Wouldn't have allowed her to leave but since I could not guaranty her safety by myself when the other people are leaving, and I don't know how serious it could be, which seems serious anyway.
let her file for you if the stuff clicks. Applying for ee will lead you to road block and affect her application.

1 Like

Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by justwise(m): 4:40pm On Apr 04, 2020
lankepeter1992:

The same thing!! If you are safe in Nigeria how can her life be in danger? Why is she not with you in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
justwise:

The same thing!! If you are safe in Nigeria how can her life be in danger? Why is she not with you in Nigeria?
seems the op is fearing he will be catfished soon. A refuge cannot apply for permanent residency so technically you cannot add her as wife accompanying or non accompanying. They have you in their system already just chill or divorce
Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by joelag: 6:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
If you don't use your brain and think outside the box fastly, you will start regretting why they moved before you.

Sometimes it will take several years to see one's family, Aduro na two way traffic for married couple. Not my prayer though. Good luck.
Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 04, 2020
Wait until she gets approved as a refugee and applies for you as a husband. Any other visa won't be available for you. Or divorce her and apply Express way you alone.
Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by OmoyePOB(f): 5:10am On Apr 05, 2020
lankepeter1992:

NOTE:

God Bless!

I would suggest you wait for what she is working on to finish before you start any apps with Canada - ie visit, study or PR. It MIGHT jeopardise her stance. Also, I was informed birth by Refugees , Work permit and students do not qualify for citizenship. You may need to verify that ( I am not 100% on birth by Citizenship. I was notified by a friend who gave birth her and she has a work permit).
Re: My Spouse Is Asylum / Refugee Seeker In Canada, Can I Apply For Express Entry? by Emmapio: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2020
Thquote author=AngelicBeing post=88081775]Your wife been on Aduro levels in Canada has already placed your application on reverse gear if you eventually apply, the intent to migrate and say goodbye to Buhari and Nigeria is already on you, the Canadian VO's will need to drink enough alcohol, come to the office with hangover with sleepy eyes and approve any visa route you choose to follow, alternatively you wait for your wife's Aduro to be approved, she gets a job and sponsor you, other than that, securing any kind of visa to canada with your stories above is like telling Buhari to climb Mountain Everest with bathroom slippers and face mask.

Meanwhile let me head back to Mount Everest and continue eating my fresh fish pepper soup until the virus is over before I come down, good luck shocked[/quote] Man you sound so funny but this is the real truth. Aduro cases are always complicated.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Saudi Arabia / Trinidad Visa Information / Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.