Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,895 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:55 PM

The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA (5331 Views)

The Story Of Mothman In Point Pleasant, West Virginia / Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) / 63 Vehicle Chain Reaction Accident Occurs In Virginia USA. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Frankdoz8: 8:54am On Apr 04, 2020
The Igbo Village in America: Ndi Igbo Built a Village with Mud and Thatch in Virginia, USA.
The Igbo are well traveled and always making impacts wherever they find themselves. The Igbo Farm Village in the Frontier Culture Museum in Staunton Virginia was built collectively as children and adults jointly partook in the construction.
This is one of the five farmsteads to recognize contribution of the first old world immigrants to the development of Virginia and the greater American Frontier Culture.
In 2002, after the American Frontier Culture Foundations has funded the construction of the English, Irish, German and Colonial American Farms, the staff of the Frontier Culture Museum began to consider one that will represent West Africa's people and culture.
In 2003, after hearing of Prof. Akụma's research which he retraced the slave journeys from Arọchukwu to the Costal towns of Calabar and Bonny before they were forced to the Americas, the Frontier Museum contacted him. It is observed that in 1700, the major number of African slaves in America were the Igbo. Because of this, this Museum would no longer be called West Africa Farm Village but, Igbo Farm Village.
In March 2006 American Frontier Culture Museum Staff traveled to Nigeria and together with the staff of Nigerian National Commission for Museums and Monuments gathered information on traditional Igbo architecture. Containers full of traditional building materials were shipped from Nigeria to the United States for the Construction of the Igbo Farm Village. Throughout the construction periods, volunteers came from the Chicago areas, Washington DC, Nashville, Bowling Green, Kentucky; Orlando, New Jersey, California, etc.
After construction, the Igbo from different parts of the world gather here on vacations, celebrations and remembrance of their cultural identities and histories. The Igbo born and bred in the States who never experienced masquerades and what village looks like feel at home here. Some African Americans constantly visit here, conduct their DNA and discover their Igbo ancestry.
Igbo amaka!
Igbo amaka!!
Igbo amaka!!!

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by cRobo: 8:58am On Apr 04, 2020
taking under development culture to a developed climes
well

I won't say a word

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 04, 2020
Frankdoz8:
The Igbo Village in America: Ndi Igbo Built a Village with Mud and Thatch in Virginia, USA.
The Igbo are well traveled and always making impacts wherever they find themselves. The Igbo Farm Village in the Frontier Culture Museum in Staunton Virginia was built collectively as children and adults jointly partook in the construction.
This is one of the five farmsteads to recognize contribution of the first old world immigrants to the development of Virginia and the greater American Frontier Culture.
In 2002, after the American Frontier Culture Foundations has funded the construction of the English, Irish, German and Colonial American Farms, the staff of the Frontier Culture Museum began to consider one that will represent West Africa's people and culture.
In 2003, after hearing of Prof. Akụma's research which he retraced the slave journeys from Arọchukwu to the Costal towns of Calabar and Bonny before they were forced to the Americas, the Frontier Museum contacted him. It is observed that in 1700, the major number of African slaves in America were the Igbo. Because of this, this Museum would no longer be called West Africa Farm Village but, Igbo Farm Village.
In March 2006 American Frontier Culture Museum Staff traveled to Nigeria and together with the staff of Nigerian National Commission for Museums and Monuments gathered information on traditional Igbo architecture. Containers full of traditional building materials were shipped from Nigeria to the United States for the Construction of the Igbo Farm Village. Throughout the construction periods, volunteers came from the Chicago areas, Washington DC, Nashville, Bowling Green, Kentucky; Orlando, New Jersey, California, etc.
After construction, the Igbo from different parts of the world gather here on vacations, celebrations and remembrance of their cultural identities and histories. The Igbo born and bred in the States who never experienced masquerades and what village looks like feel at home here. Some African Americans constantly visit here, conduct their DNA and discover their Igbo ancestry.
gbam

Igbo amaka.

cc lzaa itooworwor

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Gwagone: 9:00am On Apr 04, 2020
All this Alaba boys gan

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Illusioneffect(m): 9:00am On Apr 04, 2020
Do they think that's how igbo people live now?, The problem with Americans is that they believe they do the right things but they are ignorant of what is right.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Precious4real50(f): 9:03am On Apr 04, 2020
cool

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by emerich(m): 9:05am On Apr 04, 2020
Jews 100%...

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 04, 2020
Is that how to build mud house?
Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by STREETSAN(m): 9:09am On Apr 04, 2020
Sorry to say but na one hurricane go sweep am off

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Origin(f): 9:10am On Apr 04, 2020
You determine what technology or development is.

Imagine a house that is cool all year long. Does not require lighting, airconditioner or heater but maintains the right temperature. That is the African mud thatch house. And that's technology.

If them carry light globally some people no go survive. That's why I love Nigeria we still have our basic technologies such that we can still survive even when the odds are against us.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 04, 2020
Yoruba operator LEAVE IGBO PEOPLE ALONE!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Frankdoz8: 9:14am On Apr 04, 2020
STREETSAN:
Sorry to say but na one hurricane go sweep am off
I think Virginia USA is least affected by Hurricane, but the house is more historic or monument. It's no liveable.
Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by johnmartus(m): 9:18am On Apr 04, 2020
God bless Abia state. I heard that majority of them are from Abia state.

Abia amaka.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by HocusPotos: 9:18am On Apr 04, 2020
[s]
johnmartus:

Abia amaka.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 04, 2020
johnmartus:

Abia amaka.
Kukuma confess that Igbo amaka so that it shall be well with you grin grin

cc lzaa itooworwor

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by ify2016: 9:23am On Apr 04, 2020
I'm only seeing two reasons:
1. Film site
2. Recreation center
Represent Africa structure in early 20's and not necessarily Ibo origin.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Frankdoz8: 9:24am On Apr 04, 2020
johnmartus:

Abia amaka.
my Yoruba Muslim brother, just confess Igbo amaka! so that it shall be well with you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by johnmartus(m): 9:26am On Apr 04, 2020
If you like create 300 accounts.
imhotep:

Kukuma confess that Igbo amaka so that it shall be well with you grin grin

cc lzaa itooworwor

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by HocusPotos: 9:29am On Apr 04, 2020
[s]
johnmartus:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 04, 2020
johnmartus:
do you need consolation?

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 04, 2020
Frankdoz8:
my Yoruba Muslim brother, just confess Igbo amaka! so that it shall be well with you!
Gbam grin

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by NaijaMutant(f): 9:34am On Apr 04, 2020
Gather here if you know that Igbo Amaka grin

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by NaijaMutant(f): 9:36am On Apr 04, 2020
johnmartus:

Abia amaka.

May you not die from your Igbo nightmares.

May you live to experience more of it grin

Iseeee!

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Vision4God: 9:43am On Apr 04, 2020
Wow...... Wow... Wow

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Zinoly: 10:03am On Apr 04, 2020
NaijaMutant:

May you not die from your Igbo nightmares.

May you live to experience more of it grin

Iseeee!

He is not having Igbo night mare
He is just worried about the Igbo backward movement in the United States.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 10:49am On Apr 04, 2020
johnmartus:

Abia amaka.

Be proud of your identity for once. Be proud to identify who you are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by ItooWorWor(m): 10:51am On Apr 04, 2020
imhotep:
gbam
Igbo amaka.
cc lzaa itooworwor
Igbo kwenu!
Amaka kwenu!
grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by yyba: 3:14pm On Apr 04, 2020
Mteeeww undecided angry
Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by NairaLuck: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
Oganisu Enu Ani

Precious4real50:
cool

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool
Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by Precious4real50(f): 5:15pm On Apr 04, 2020
NairaLuck:
Oganisu Enu Ani

cool
Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by nlPoster: 7:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
Two Ways That . . . Igbo Is Better Than Other Tribes.

https://www.nairaland.com/5745905/two-ways-igbo-better-than

johnmartus:
Firstly I would like to introduce myself Because of my brother from southeast that will tag me an impostor.
My name is Kamsiyochukwu I was born and raised in Isiala Ngwa.

After this introduction if you still call me Afonja or yoloba Muslim that's your damn business, You can kiss my ass.

The two way we are ahead of other tribe in Nigeria is...

We are developer.
We are investor.
Re: The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 1:24am On Apr 05, 2020
Stop living in fantasy island. The igbo has no village in America. Anyone could buy a land in America and show off this trash and claim it's anything.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Nigeria In Andorra / --- / Tourists Visa To Spain. .i Need Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.