Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious (912 Views)

Dangote Hires 15 Foreign Professors For Kano University / Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by cheango: 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
*Below are submissions of three professors of radiation physics in UI copied from Science Faculty platform to debunk the narratives in the trending audio on 5G*

*Dr Popoola*

The man who made this audio message can be likened to someone who is interpreting a strange language he has never studied. He does not know what he's saying.
In a simple language, the so called 5G (fifth generation) is a transmission at far higher frequency range than 4G. This feature implies transmission of greater quantum of energy (signal) per time, hence heavy data (such as images) will download faster and will be transmitted at higher resolution. Meanwhile this may require more booster antennas at closer ranges in order to travel very far because high frequency signals get attenuated faster than low frequency signals. In short 5G will be able to accommodate larger data than 4G.
Generally, people have always displayed some fear each time a new technology arose. The fear attributed to mobile technology is that the signals (waves) are injurious to humans. Meanwhile all mobile signals most fall within microwaves (extreme end of radio waves) which are non ionizing radiations. Ionizing radiations like x-rays and gamma rays have far higher frequencies and exposure to human body may be injurious. However are not used for mobile telecommunication.
The man's use of the word 'radioactive' reveals that he is completely ignorant of what he claims to be explaining. The word Radioactive is from Radioactivity which is a completely different phenomenon from radio wave. Technology is more than speculation. It is a product of basic scientific theories.

*Prof Farai:*

������I remain proud of you Tunde. Just look at the confidence with which he was talking nonsense. I was just wondering how I would present a rejoinder in a language that we will all understand and without sounding know it all. You have captured all with the appropriate words. It is now up to anybody to allow him/herself to be misled. God bless you richly, my brother.

*Prof Jibri:*
I really don't understand over stretching of a simple scientific matter. Simple basic physics which our Prof. Farai has laid to rest for us as a guru in Radiation business. Use E = hf from modern Physics and the frequencies or the wavelengths of the regions for the G's what amount of energy do you arrive at. Just like Prof. Farai said, mixing up non-ionizing radiation source to be Radioactive is a simple QED ignoramus!!

*Prof Farai*
I hope we will all understand the nonsense in this video from this simple explanation. Communication networks of whatever G, for now and in the near future, are generally in frequencies of the order of Giga Hertz (GHz or 10⁹ Hz). Thank God the video revealed this much. Meanwhile, the bulk of energy from the sun (solar radiation) is in the UV frequency range (i.e.10¹⁵ Hz). Now I ask, how can mankind, who has been bathing under the shower of UV radiation from the sun over the ages, now be under any threat of a radiation of energy over 1 million times less energy than UV radiation? That is one point.
Most importantly for us on this platform, there is no application of a technology that is not under any regulatory control by international bodies made up experts from all parts of globe. Most of us have one thing or the other to do with such bodies as WHO, ICNIRC, UNSCEAR, etc. If they are unaware of the fears expressed in this video or have been compromised, then we are all guilty. We should stop attending their programmes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by scarwiz(m): 8:19pm On Apr 04, 2020
ftc then what is the cause of the virus?
Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by rusher14: 8:27pm On Apr 04, 2020
scarwiz:
ftc then what is the cause of the virus?

Same kind of thing that causes Lassa, Ebola, Spanish Flu etc.

Because we are in the year 2020 does that mean we can no longer suffer plagues?

2 Likes

Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by dejt4u(m): 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2020
cheango:
*Below are submissions of three professors of radiation physics in UI copied from Science Faculty platform to debunk the narratives in the trending audio on 5G*

*Dr Popoola*

The man who made this audio message can be likened to someone who is interpreting a strange language he has never studied. He does not know what he's saying.
In a simple language, the so called 5G (fifth generation) is a transmission at far higher frequency range than 4G. This feature implies transmission of greater quantum of energy (signal) per time, hence heavy data (such as images) will download faster and will be transmitted at higher resolution. Meanwhile this may require more booster antennas at closer ranges in order to travel very far because high frequency signals get attenuated faster than low frequency signals. In short 5G will be able to accommodate larger data than 4G.
Generally, people have always displayed some fear each time a new technology arose. The fear attributed to mobile technology is that the signals (waves) are injurious to humans. Meanwhile all mobile signals most fall within microwaves (extreme end of radio waves) which are non ionizing radiations. Ionizing radiations like x-rays and gamma rays have far higher frequencies and exposure to human body may be injurious. However are not used for mobile telecommunication.
The man's use of the word 'radioactive' reveals that he is completely ignorant of what he claims to be explaining. The word Radioactive is from Radioactivity which is a completely different phenomenon from radio wave. Technology is more than speculation. It is a product of basic scientific theories.

*Prof Farai:*

������I remain proud of you Tunde. Just look at the confidence with which he was talking nonsense. I was just wondering how I would present a rejoinder in a language that we will all understand and without sounding know it all. You have captured all with the appropriate words. It is now up to anybody to allow him/herself to be misled. God bless you richly, my brother.

*Prof Jibri:*
I really don't understand over stretching of a simple scientific matter. Simple basic physics which our Prof. Farai has laid to rest for us as a guru in Radiation business. Use E = hf from modern Physics and the frequencies or the wavelengths of the regions for the G's what amount of energy do you arrive at. Just like Prof. Farai said, mixing up non-ionizing radiation source to be Radioactive is a simple QED ignoramus!!

*Prof Farai*
I hope we will all understand the nonsense in this video from this simple explanation. Communication networks of whatever G, for now and in the near future, are generally in frequencies of the order of Giga Hertz (GHz or 10⁹ Hz). Thank God the video revealed this much. Meanwhile, the bulk of energy from the sun (solar radiation) is in the UV frequency range (i.e.10¹⁵ Hz). Now I ask, how can mankind, who has been bathing under the shower of UV radiation from the sun over the ages, now be under any threat of a radiation of energy over 1 million times less energy than UV radiation? That is one point.
Most importantly for us on this platform, there is no application of a technology that is not under any regulatory control by international bodies made up experts from all parts of globe. Most of us have one thing or the other to do with such bodies as WHO, ICNIRC, UNSCEAR, etc. If they are unaware of the fears expressed in this video or have been compromised, then we are all guilty. We should stop attending their programmes.

Those are my lecturers.. But Dr Popoola is not in radiation physics
Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by dejt4u(m): 9:18pm On Apr 04, 2020
Where is the video please.. Link?
Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by jesmond3945: 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2020
these professors should say what they know. corona is man made that wrecks havoc under the influence of frequency.
Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by Raylight2(m): 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2020
jesmond3945:
these professors should say what they know. corona is man made that wrecks havoc under the influence of frequency.
any study to support this claim?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by Timi141: 10:47pm On Apr 04, 2020
jesmond3945:
THEY ARE PROFESSORS OF RADIATION PHYSICS. WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU MOUTH BREATHING FANATICS NEED AGAIN. I'm praying God should just give me visa so I can escape the people in this country.

Ignorance in the information age is a choice, educate yourself and stop letting fear rule your thought process.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by rusher14: 10:48pm On Apr 04, 2020
jesmond3945:

The professors don't know anything.

Pastors are hearing from God and all these people because they got first class and did research at M.I.T and Harvard think they know about 5G.

Mtcheew.

Let us do fasting and prayers till the answer comes.

1 Like

Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by Timi141: 10:50pm On Apr 04, 2020
All these conspiracy theorists will avoid educative threads like this, but assuming it's one uneducated pastor or politician making up the science as they go. You'll see the way they will flock to it.

People will just forget science is not like religion, you can never twist science to fit your viewpoint. The cold hard facts will always come through everytime.

3 Likes

Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by KingAzubuike(f): 1:00am On Apr 05, 2020
Timi141:

THEY ARE PROFESSORS OF RADIATION PHYSICS. WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU MOUTH BREATHING FANATICS NEED AGAIN. I'm praying God should just give me visa so I can escape the people in this country.

Ignorance in the information age is a choice, educate yourself and stop letting fear rule your thought process.
Those professors know nothing .. Nigerian PhD holders know next to nothing. They dish out PhD in this country like it's pure water.
Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by Blazebond(m): 5:10am On Apr 05, 2020
Lol,see all these ones o,Dem think say na to collect "blocking" from students for marks them dey discuss there.
Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by Nukilia: 5:20am On Apr 05, 2020
Timi141:
All these conspiracy theorists will avoid educative threads like this, but assuming it's one uneducated pastor or politician making up the science as they go. You'll see the way they will flock to it.
People will just forget science is not like religion, you can never twist science to fit your viewpoint. The cold hard facts will always come through everytime.

The world is now upsidedown... Conspiracy guys have turned themselves to preachers and they prey on the misfortune of the people...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by NDSMELODY(m): 11:01am On Apr 05, 2020
Raylight2:
any study to support this claim?
corona virus has nothing to do with frequency spectrum,from my research corona virus resulted from illumination of ozone layer in the atmospheric region.

1 Like

Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by jesmond3945: 11:33am On Apr 05, 2020
Timi141:

what do they even know? have they ever in their life worked with mmWave before or do they know the radiation pattern of Massive MIMO?
Do they know how corona was engineered?
Use your head not your anus. Most of these professors were advising boris johnson. Now he is regretting their advise.
Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by iles199: 11:42am On Apr 05, 2020
dejt4u:

Those are my lecturers.. But Dr Popoola is not in radiation physics

Prof Farai taught me Mechanics in part 1 and prof was so good he explained mechanics in a very simple term the class can understand. Taking the 201 of mechanics next session, I hope he as the current HOD of physics teach us again

2 Likes

Re: 3 UI Professors Debunk 5G Claims On Coronavirious by dejt4u(m): 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
iles199:

Prof Farai taught me Mechanics in part 1 and prof was so good he explained mechanics in a very simple term the class can understand. Taking the 201 of mechanics next session, I hope he as the current HOD of physics teach us again
The present HOD is Prof (Mrs) Ademola

(1) (Reply)

Remember Bishop BENSON IDAHOSA? / Urgent Help. / Delta State University List is out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.