Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,167 members, 7,829,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Bomb Blast In Abuja - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Abuja (28739 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Kilode1: 6:00am On Jan 01, 2011
 If you left the Yoruba’s on their own, I can bet on my life that the likes of Akala, Fayose or OBJ would never had smelt power when their  best eleven are left in the cold warming the bench, but the likes of Akala is calling the shot today because of one Nigeria made it possible. If the Arewas are left on their own do you think that Buhari will have a problem winning against the likes of Atikus of this world?  When Buhari represented what majority of them believed as their values shaped by their religion?

However when you rig an election or embezzled money that belongs to your own people, there will be no Abuja to run to hide or get protection of its police force as you have to now live with your own people, who know everything about your beginning and source of your wealth, But today we honour them because they have become our representative in the looting race of Nigeria, so why persecute our own when others are doing it? Why should we care? That is why in Igbo-land, nobody dare steal any of his community’s money collected for development but it alright when its Nigerian money.

@Eziachi, great points, sensible analysis!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Makbo: 6:06am On Jan 01, 2011
My Dear Bro and Sis from Nigeria. I am Ivorian, and it is heartbreaking to see what's happening in the Nigeria we all consider our sub-regional leader. You didn't forsee what is now underway, but let me tell you that our woes started with the venue of Barak Obama. Our sub-region is very promising in terms of natural ressources (Oil and Gas!!!), that is what is in play now. France and USA are now allied to grip this ultimate wealth. The plan is to weaken the giant Nigeria and get it split.

It started with the elections in Cote d'Ivoire, where France and USA are struggling to install the puppet Allassan Ouattara in power to the Ivorian people expenses. We are now resisting to oust him out of Cote d'Ivoire.

Please if you want to save Nigeria from the disater, don't go to this upcoming elections. The animosity North/South will be fueled by westerners and that will trigger inevitably the split of Nigeria. You should know that as west africans we all are bound by the same fate against the West. No one in this west africa will be spared by their greed and thirst, not even Ghana. Be aware!!!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by talk2olugb: 6:11am On Jan 01, 2011
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by fstrangest: 6:13am On Jan 01, 2011
Makbo:

My Dear Bro and Sis from Nigeria. I am Ivorian, and it is heartbreaking to see what's happening in the Nigeria we all consider our sub-regional leader. You didn't forsee what is now underway, but let me tell you that our woes started with the venue of Barak Obama. Our sub-region is very promising in terms of natural ressources (Oil and Gas!!!), that is what is in play now. France and USA are now allied to grip this ultimate wealth. The plan is to weaken the giant Nigeria and get it split.

It started with the elections in Cote d'Ivoire, where France and USA are struggling to install the puppet Allassan Ouattara in power to the Ivorian people expenses. We are now resisting to oust him out of Cote d'Ivoire.

Please if you want to save Nigeria from the disater, don't go to this upcoming elections. The animosity North/South will be fueled by westerners and that will trigger inevitably the split of Nigeria. You should know that as west africans we all are bound by the same fate against the West. No one in this west africa will be spared by their greed and thirst, not even Ghana. Be aware!!!

This post when put in context of recent happenings, eg John Campbell's prediction that Nigeria will split in 2015, makes a lot of sense. However, i have never believed in conspiracy theory. In the case of Nigeria, It is very likely that GEJ  may win the election, via massive rigging of course, but I doubt he would last more than a year before the force him out, probably through a palace coup!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by OCCULTIST(m): 6:25am On Jan 01, 2011
WHAT IGBO'S SAW MORE THAN 40 YEARS AGO,AMERICANS PREDICTED SOME YEARS BACK,GADHAFI SUJESTED FEW MONTHS BACK,AND NIGERIANS COULD NOT SEE THE REASON BEHIDE IT ALL,TODAY YOUR ALL EXPERIENCING IT,THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING.

IKEMBA NNEWI IS BEEN VINDICATED IN ALL THE HAPPENINGS IN NIGERIA TODAY
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by AceJam: 6:28am On Jan 01, 2011
This post when put in context of recent happenings, eg John Campbell's prediction that Nigeria will split in 2015, makes a lot of sense. However, i have never believed in conspiracy theory. In the case of Nigeria, It is very likely that GEJ may win the election, via massive rigging of course, but I doubt he would last more than a year before the force him out, probably through a palace coup!

I disagree with the highlighted.
Those who would rig are the ones rigging through bombs presently.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by edoyad(m): 6:42am On Jan 01, 2011
[size=22pt] NIGERIA WILL BREAK UP THIS YEAR, CAN I GET AN AMEN SOMEBODY ?

The same people who want this country to remain one so they can continue stealing from public coffers will be the same ones break it up. For those of us that have hoping for the end to this contraption, i'm sure we can already see the signs springin up. [/size]
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by anataala: 6:42am On Jan 01, 2011
pls gej, who are the ones that attach innocent poeple in abacha barracks, as usaual u always know popele behind abuja attacks, we are waiting for your interview.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 01, 2011
edoyad:

[/size]

A-WOMAN!!!

becos only a female can end this mess! angry

Seriously guys this is a delicate situation here. the last thing Nigeria needs
is outlandish predictions and prejudice comment(ary)s. Let's promote unity
for once.

This is depressing, I'm outee o! cry
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by jumobi1(m): 6:50am On Jan 01, 2011
I'm not in 9ja but was security beefed up for new years eve in Nigeria?
If not then my friend Johnny boy didnt try. Yes i know how useless 9ja police is
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 01, 2011
I'm sorry, MzDarkSkin, but

edoyad:

The same people who want this country to remain one so they can continue stealing from public coffers will be the same ones break it up. For those of us that have hoping for the end to this contraption, i'm sure we can already see the signs springin up. [/size]

AMEN!!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by BigB11(m): 6:51am On Jan 01, 2011
@AceJam:
I have nothing but an absolute uncompromising love for IBB; that will be forever.

On the other hand, we must not get thing twisted, anyone with common sense knows that it isn't about anybody, but Nigeria.
Since IBB seems to be stepping aside, it is only proper and fair to pull for the next incredible candidate.

The way I see it, Buhari will be the blessing Nigeria needs more than anything else at this time.
Goodluck: A joke
Atiku: Too much drama
Buhari: The real deal.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by fstrangest: 6:52am On Jan 01, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

A-WOMAN!!!

becos only a female can end this mess!  angry

Seriously guys this is a delicate situation here. the last thing Nigeria needs
is outlandish predictions and prejudice comment(ary)s. Let's promote unity
for once.

This is depressing, I'm outee o! cry

I'd advise you to restrict your opinion to [b]Jamaican [/b]affairs!
You are one annoying little girl, seriously!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by fstrangest: 6:54am On Jan 01, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I'm sorry, MzDarkSkin, but
AMEN!!

I think it is hypocritical of you to wish Nigeria badluck while you enjoy all the goodies obodoyinbo has to offer.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by AceJam: 6:55am On Jan 01, 2011
Looking at the patterns and timings of the bombings,  one can safely  guess that those who bombed Jos are the ones bombing Abuja too.

Timings: Around 07:00pm
Patterns: One church, one public place.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 01, 2011
fstrangest:

I think it is hypocritical of you to wish Nigeria badluck while you enjoy all the goodies obodoyinbo has to offer.

Happy New Year, you cheesy

se o lo si soosi?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by AceJam: 7:01am On Jan 01, 2011
@AceJam:
I have nothing but an absolute uncompromising love for IBB; that will be forever.

On the other hand, we must not get thing twisted, anyone with common sense knows that it isn't about anybody, but Nigeria.
Since IBB seems to be stepping aside, it is only proper and fair to pull for the next incredible candidate.

The way I see it, Buhari will be the blessing Nigeria needs more than anything else at this time.

But IBB is for ATIKU? Don't tell me you've "disfather" IBB? angry
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by AceJam: 7:04am On Jan 01, 2011
I'm not in 9ja but was security beefed up for new years eve in Nigeria?
If not then my friend Johnny boy didnt try. Yes i know how useless 9ja police is

Security was tight everywhere. My bro, absolute security belongs to God.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by fstrangest: 7:06am On Jan 01, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Happy New Year, you cheesy

se o lo si soosi?

Nah.   .  .   at Timesquare smoking ganga!lol

On a more serious note, I dont believe in organized religion

I do worship God though, in my own way.

Anyway, Happy New Year to you too

And happy belated 44th birthday. May God grant you your heart desires. Hmm, gradually approaching the grand ma status, innniiit?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by zenus(m): 7:07am On Jan 01, 2011
Nigeria is becoming Middle East
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 01, 2011
fstrangest:

Nah.   .  .   at Timesquare smoking ganga!lol

On a more serious note, I dont believe in organized religion

I do worship God though, in my own way.

Anyway, Happy New Year to you too

And happy belated 44th birthday. May God grant you your heart desires. Hmm, gradually approaching the grand ma status, innniiit?

I was forced to go, waste of my time!

Ahhh, O.M.G I never knew someone would remember. O ma seun o, grandmama wetin. I am not ready for grandchildren yet, my children are still young.

Thanks tho kiss
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by BetaThings: 7:16am On Jan 01, 2011
Big B1:

@AceJam:

I hate Obj passionately. Who handed Ogun State to Daniel? Now he state does not have a legislature. And it is a killing field. Remember Dina? Is that different from military rule? Who gave Oyo State to Adedibu/Akala with garrison politics? So the perennial violence is beloved to you? And Ekiti State? Who engineered the abduction of Ngige in Anambra? And would the man not have been killed had Atiku not asked the IG to restore him to his position? Who later engineered mayhem in Anambra to get a state of emergency declared. Innocent people were killed. Properties were destroyed.

What happened in Anambra was treason. There is no true Anambra son that would not hate Obj. And that was one the reasons Aprof Achebe rejected the award given to him by the Obj government. Obj should be in jail at least or, as Ojukwu recommended, shot
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by MrCartha: 7:24am On Jan 01, 2011
Someone give me a knife to share this cake of a Nigeria!!! For how long can this murdering of innocent souls continue?!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by BankoleO1: 7:26am On Jan 01, 2011
Nigeria is at WAR! Yet we dont know it, GOD protect us ALL!
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Emmysteve(m): 7:46am On Jan 01, 2011
What do u expect 2 happen when october 1 bombing has been poticized? Serriously, d culprits must face d wrath of d law or else.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by jesuseun1(m): 7:56am On Jan 01, 2011
Is our president making New yr address.Anyway i expected him to have make an address hours after yesterday

bombing which will show that the Govt are in control and to assure the pple of safety of lives.President bush made an

address few hours after 911 attack.

[url=http://articles.cnn.com/2001-09-11/us/bush.speech.text_1_attacks-deadly-terrorist-acts-despicable-acts?_s=PM%3AUS[/b]]http://articles.cnn.com/2001-09-11/us/bush.speech.text_1_attacks-deadly-terrorist-acts-despicable-acts?_s=PM%3AUS[/url]
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Okukk(m): 8:01am On Jan 01, 2011
Rather than look for GEJ weaknesses we should support him to succeed!
Nigeria seriously need prayers.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 01, 2011
The Bomb Blast is a serious test for Jonathan whether he's a strong Leader or a weak one. If he's the Former, that will be a pass mark and a guarantee that he'll emerge the winner of the 2011 General Election.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by mide(m): 8:12am On Jan 01, 2011
Where are all the arms & explosives said to have been seized by customs a few months ago? For weeks they were just lying at the ports. The customs got their opportunity in the lime light and the explosives disappeared only to resurface in the hand of militants who have only bloodshed on their minds.

We had the opportunity to take care of this but rather we turn a blind eye to events and now we have to pay for it with innocent lives.

Only God has forgiveness for these insolent criminals. May God help this great country Nigeria.

May the souls of the departed rest in perfect peace.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by samdigo(m): 8:13am On Jan 01, 2011
God help nigeria
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by dempeople(m): 8:17am On Jan 01, 2011
In the 21st century, size and population matters a lot. The countries who will call the shots in this century are all 'big' countries(China, India, Russia, Brazil, US etc)  both in geographical and population sizes respectively. This is mostly why the BRIC countries are a booming block. Many are here shouting that Nigeria should split. Quite alright, if Nigeria splits, then WHAT? People don't get the big picture here. If we split, is it the same politicians that have been stealing us dry, are going to continue to rule in the newly created countries?  Guys, when Nigeria should have split was a long time ago. Not now. The forces behind many atrocities in the country are vested foreign interests (Wikileaks should  serve as an eye-opener) and not emanating locally. The Western world has a lot to gain, should Nigeria split. You need not look far towards Ivory Coast and other Francophonic countries. Many countries are against Nigeria's existence as a country due to its POTENTIAL, and nothing more.

1)The Arab world sees the country as a mammoth threat and barricade towards its quest to ultimately Islamasize Africa.

2)The West sees the country as "another potential China (considering they "were asleep" and underestimated China's drastic rise within a short period)" taking its well endowed and talented human resources coupled with its huge and vast natural resources, into consideration.

3) Even in the West, no country calls the shots alone in the world anymore instead, they do so as a block. Its called the EU. And why do they do this? In other to allow them to have more socio-political and economical clout required to pursue their interests globally - together.

We shouldn't only be thinking about the food we eat today but, also about the food available tomorrow. These foreigners see Nigeria as a threat! Lets not play into their hands.

I was going through Wikileaks two days ago and saw a publication where the British were "worried" about the relative calm in West Africa and, were happy when a significant incident happened which "allowed them to assert their influence" in the region. These guys love to see us split. Its an enormous divide-and-conquer game strategy that they're playing. Nigeria is a workable entity only if we practice true federalism, convene a Sovereign National Conference, dissolve states and revert to regionalism and most importantly, have the most appropriate and patriotic people at the helm of affairs. Only then, would we see drastic positive changes.

*People should stop calling God to solve problems in which we could solve ourselves afterall, he created us with brains to be used for thinking.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Pain(m): 8:27am On Jan 01, 2011
Suicide Bombing May Soon Make Headlines in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

‘13 Parties’ Threaten To Pull Out Of 2023 Elections Over Naira Redesign / Insecurity: Gumi Meets Obasanjo In Abeokuta / Bayelsa Election: Dickson Leads With Over 60 Percent Of Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.