Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Bomb Blast In Abuja - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Abuja (28707 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / Abuja Naija @50 Bomb Blast In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Abagworo(m): 8:27am On Jan 01, 2011
Nigeria will not split.True federalism will emerge.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by sochan: 8:43am On Jan 01, 2011
@Beaf,

Take it easy my brother. I understand where you are coming from, but this is no time to threaten fire. Let us mourn with those who have suffered loss.

If truly this has a political undertone to it, of which certain people feel they can make Nigeria ungovernable, this is totaly the wrong way to go about it. From where we come from dem say "Pikin wey say im mama no go sleep, im sef no go sleep". There is not way anyone can plan to destabilize the country and have peace, there is too much hot blood in the country for that to happen.

Lets pray that the evil people are caught and made to face justice swiftly
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by slap1(m): 8:45am On Jan 01, 2011
God help us all. It's a shame we are going down the path of doom this fast.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by trueword: 8:45am On Jan 01, 2011
dem_people:

In the 21st century, size and population matters a lot. The countries who will call the shots in this century are all 'big' countries(China, India, Russia, Brazil, US etc)  both in geographical and population sizes respectively. This is mostly why the BRIC countries are a booming block. Many are here shouting that Nigeria should split. Quite alright, if Nigeria splits, then WHAT? People don't get the big picture here. If we split, is it the same politicians that have been stealing us dry, are going to continue to rule in the newly created countries?  Guys, when Nigeria should have split was a long time ago. Not now. The forces behind many atrocities in the country are vested foreign interests (Wikileaks should  serve as an eye-opener) and not emanating locally. The Western world has a lot to gain, should Nigeria split. You need not look far towards Ivory Coast and other Francophonic countries. Many countries are against Nigeria's existence as a country due to its POTENTIAL, and nothing more.

1)The Arab world sees the country as a mammoth threat and barricade towards its quest to ultimately Islamasize Africa.

2)The West sees the country as "another potential China (considering they "were asleep" and underestimated China's drastic rise within a short period)" taking its well endowed and talented human resources coupled with its huge and vast natural resources, into consideration.

3) Even in the West, no country calls the shots alone in the world anymore instead, they do so as a block. Its called the EU. And why do they do this? In other to allow them to have more socio-political and economical clout required to pursue their interests globally - together.

We shouldn't only be thinking about the food we eat today but, also about the food available tomorrow. These foreigners see Nigeria as a threat! Lets not play into their hands.

I was going through Wikileaks two days ago and saw a publication where the British were "worried" about the relative calm in West Africa and, were happy when a significant incident happened which "allowed them to assert their influence" in the region. These guys love to see us split. Its an enormous divide-and-conquer game strategy that they're playing. Nigeria is a workable entity only if we practice true federalism, convene a Sovereign National Conference, dissolve states and revert to regionalism and most importantly, have the most appropriate and patriotic people at the helm of affairs. Only then, would we see drastic positive changes.

*People should stop calling God to solve problems in which we could solve ourselves afterall, he created us with brains to be used for thinking.

I agree with you that Nigeria should not split.  It is high time we the people realize that if we all wanted to Nigeria to change for the better tomorrow, we can make it happen. All it takes is for us to stop only relying on god to solve our problems.  God will hope those who help themselves. If Nigeria fights for a good country, we will get it. It will also put a warning to any person that may want to come in to mess up the country.

Some of us really need to realize that our size is a big advantage and we can become an economic and political powerhouse.

I really think these bombimgs here and there are all masterminded by politicians. Let us not be fooled to really think that the country will fail. Nigeria just needs an adjustment in direction and it will take off. Despite the appearance that everything is going backwards the country is slowly progressing.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by ogogo24(m): 8:49am On Jan 01, 2011
God Almighty, we seek protection from u against d enemies of progress, against those that do not value human lives, against all oppressors.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by martin123: 8:57am On Jan 01, 2011
A man sits in the back of an army truck carrying victims of a bomb blast near a military barracks in Nigeria's capital Abuja Photo: REUTERS

A woman surrounded by relatives, mourns the death of her husband at Asokoro Hospital Photo: REUTERS

Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by lansha2006: 9:00am On Jan 01, 2011
A thought awoke me this morning, Is Presidency an hereditary post? If not why are the northerners bent on disrupting the peace of this great nation just because for the first time in history, oil producing state produced/going to produce President. It is a big concern.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by sochan: 9:01am On Jan 01, 2011
Listen guys, I have been one of PDP's fiercest critic, but I think we should tone down the constant lashing of GEJ.

Whilst I agree that he might have dealt with some of the issues better, let us not forget that Nigeria is an immensely complex country to govern. It is much easier for us to sit by our computers and critisize, But this guy inherited a system that never worked from day one. Nigeria has been a patch-patch job for so long, that I am not surprised and the current state of affairs, it was only a matter of time for things like this to start happening.

We must all get behind him and give him all the support he needs. Lets not forget that we as Nigerians are also responsible for a non-functioning government as we have all chosen to stay out of helping the country go.

There has been a steady pattern on this site, which is to constantly complain about everything, rather than offering to assist and help. We make the country what we want it to be, Not GEJ. So lets give up all this constant whining an get involved.

You all heard from Aisha2 how Nigerians were actually coming out to help, we are not doomed as a people, there are still good people left, even the police that was constantly bash
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by lansha2006: 9:05am On Jan 01, 2011
A thought awoke me this morning, Is Presidency an hereditary post? If not why are the northerners bent on disrupting the peace of this great nation just because for the first time in history, oil producing state produced/going to produce President. It is a big concern.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Justcash(m): 9:06am On Jan 01, 2011
[b]Those that are defending Nigeria's Unity and praying for the continuous ethno-political violence/conflict to end soon are just blind and really doesn't wish Nigerians well.
Nigeria needs to split to know peace.
It is only when there is peace that progress can be achieved.
Progress may not be sudden, but it can be achieved over a period of peaceful existence.
In essence, peaceful existence is an important pre-requisite for development.
If Nigerians cannot exist in peace, why not split the country for the sake of peace and progress?

As long as IBB, Atiku and Co continues to think that leadership is their birth right, they will fight against the attainment of power by politicians from other ethnic groups (Irrespective of their abilities, qualifications and records). IBB and ATIKU are the least qualified politicians to lead Nigeria towards development. They have been there before and they failed woefully. What else do they have to offer?

Split the freaking country, so that IBB and ATIKU can lead Northern Nigeria , with their supporters forever and ever. That way, there will be a reduction of politics of bloodshed and ethnic hatred. After all, no one will throw stones into a market place cos' of the fear of the stones touching their parents and relatives. [/b]
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by lansha2006: 9:13am On Jan 01, 2011
If we should be talking of splitting after 50years, i think we need to really really look inward, "ori bibe ko ni ogun ori fifo". Let us have this at the back of our mind that Nigeria was not amalgamated by the will of man but the purpose of God was that collectively we shall fulfill destiny.
Nothing and I mean nothing will split this Nation, not even another civil war because God has a plan to build this nation.
The likes of Atiku, Babangida and co are too small to bring this nation down.
God reigns in Nigeria.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by lansha2006: 9:18am On Jan 01, 2011
If we should be talking of splitting after 50years, i think we need to really really look inward, "ori bibe ko ni ogun ori fifo". Let us have this at the back of our mind that Nigeria was not amalgamated by the will of man but the purpose of God was that collectively we shall fulfill destiny.
Nothing and I mean nothing will split this Nation, not even another civil war because God has a plan to build this nation.
Do not forget that the price for the peace we are talking about here is war.
God reigns in Nigeria.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by onyeokwu: 9:18am On Jan 01, 2011
beaf  or whatever you call yourself, its obvious to that federalism is what Nigeria needs now as nation
but when ojukwu agitated for  this (aburi accord) and pleaded with all Nigerian you guys termed it as igbo agenda to dominate and  take over your land which resulted to senseless massacre  of millions of igbos  by Nigerians even our  closest neighbor joined other Nigerians to perpetrate the atrocity against the igbos
let me tell you Nigerian is not going to disintegrate  neither true federalism until every side that sided with Hausa Fulani undergo what igbos underwent  for 3 yrs
go and listen to ojukwu biafra declaration speech ojukwu is simply a genius and a man that sees tomorrow  shocked shocked
the blood of igbos wasted in Nigeria will never be in vain we will avenge when the times comes sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Vigilante: 9:19am On Jan 01, 2011
Guys, its too early to start pointing accusing fingers.  If it was that easy to fish out culprits, it would have been equally easier to prevent the attacks. Calm is what is needed.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Engrdan(m): 9:21am On Jan 01, 2011
Where are we going in dis country, yesteday bomb blast, today the same thing, what of tomorrow? May God expose those that are behinde these and put an end 2 these.NIGERIA s great and peace s raining n dis yr 2011.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by koolchicco: 9:25am On Jan 01, 2011
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/370644_untitled-3_JPG4b5a07792fd6d22b761d8cce5eb1bff6[/img]

Naija don enter gbese kpatakpata shocked, A failed state that is angry

Hope this 2011 would bring about good tidings to our beloved country embarassed
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Orton10(m): 9:28am On Jan 01, 2011
Justcash:

[b]Those that are defending Nigeria's Unity and praying for the continuous ethno-political violence/conflict to end soon are just blind and really doesn't wish Nigerians well.
Nigeria needs to split to know peace.
It is only when there is peace that progress can be achieved.
Progress may not be sudden, but it can be achieved over a period of peaceful existence.
In essence, peaceful existence is an important pre-requisite for development.
If Nigerians cannot exist in peace, why not split the country for the sake of peace and progress?

As long as IBB, Atiku and Co, continues to think that leadership is their birth right, they will fight against the attainment of power by politicians from other ethnic groups, even though they are least qualified to lead Nigeria towards development.

Split the freaking country, so that IBB and ATIKU can lead Northern Nigeria , with their supporters forever and ever. That way, there will be a reduction of politics of bloodshed and ethic hatred. After all, no one will throw stones into a market place cos' of the fear of the stones touching their parents and relatives. [/b]
I must confess, u've gat a point there but bro that is a very tall dream and nearly impossible!
Ok lets assume we 've split, What should The Northerners live on?. . Groundnuts?. . .cotton. . ? Or is it cement?. . HELL NO! BRO. Oil is the only glue that still binds us together.So
For As long as the Delta still pisses out oil, Nigeria will remain in a state of 'entropy in unity' just like prensent day Iraq n Afgsn, So lets get ourselves prepared n ready cos we're going to be seeing alot of similar events like this on.
Just being Realistic.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Justcash(m): 9:29am On Jan 01, 2011
lansha2006:

Do not forget that the price for the peace we are talking about here is war.
God reigns in Nigeria.
[b]
My friend, I understand your passion and hope. God does not wish destruction upon his children. God cannot put his Children into an existence that will cause them continuous unnecessary pain and misfortune. Churches and Mosques are being burnt for nothing in Nigeria. Men of God are slaughtered like rams, Women are violated and killed for what they know nothing about. Innocent Children are subjected to the most painful type of deaths, and you dare say that God in heaven wishes this type of Country for his Children?
Well, the almighty God that I know does not wish unnecessary pain on his Children. Except he wants to punish them and Redeem them for the sake of teaching them a lesson as he did to the Israelites in Egypt. If this is the case, then I think 50 years in captivity is enough to teach his children the lesson he wants to teach them. It is time for his Children to know peace and progress. It is time for the Isrealites to leave. Woe be thou the pharaohs, because their graves are under the red sea.[/b]
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Abagworo(m): 9:30am On Jan 01, 2011
It is quite disgusting how immature many comments on various blogs in Nigeria sound.Very disgusting!They all follow a particular pattern of rather than tackling the issue at hand with facts,they will point accusing fingers at IBB.The Bayelsa bombing was obviously not IBB.IBB's ethnic group(Gwari) are the indigenous owners of Abuja and IBB worked so hard to realize the Abuja dream.It is very illogical to associate him with the bombing.The bombing seems more or less a Christian revenge of Jos or further Muslim induced violence.

We need to stop being ethno-religious in our approach to issues.When those Jos Christians went to a Muslim village killing 500 people and throwing their bodies into wells I was one of those that predicted that there will never be peace.How can you massacre a full village and expect peace?Many Nairalanders were busy praising them for a job well done.

I am a Christian from SE and I remain neutral in my approach to national issues.I have Muslim and Christian friends who are good people and would never associate themselves with religious hate.Left for me I will outlaw Tribe and Religion with death penalty like former USSR.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Justcash(m): 9:34am On Jan 01, 2011
Orton1_0:

I must confess, u've gat a point there but bro that is a very tall dream and nearly impossible!
Ok lets assume we 've split, What should The Northerners live on?. . Groundnuts?. . .cotton. . ? Or is it cement?. . HELL NO! BRO. Oil is the only glue that still binds us together.So
For As long as the Delta still pisses out oil, Nigeria will remain in a state of 'entropy in unity' just like prensent day Iraq n Afgsn, So lets get ourselves prepared n ready cos we're going to be seeing alot of similar events like this on.
Just being Realistic.

Yes, I agree with you. But, you must not forget that a collective decision by South west, South east, South south and Some mid-belt states to split into their own countries will leave the North helpless. Look at the situation in the country now, and tell me if it is impossible. How many people can the North fight to continue drinking South-South's Oil?
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by buJu234: 9:51am On Jan 01, 2011
if the so called Islamic terrorists think they can make us Christians to fear; we shall not.

This is the time 4 every Christian to get set; because if just seat and look at them; all in the name of peace they will finish many lives.

but when we give them:- EYE FOR EYE; HEAD FOR HEAD; BOMB BLAST FOR BOMB BLAST; they will be afraid of us.

think abt this;-

CAN THEY DO THAT IN CHINA OR ISRAEL?

because those nations are ready to kill any one.

with all the Gaza oppression on Palestine ( though i am not in support); how many times as Bin laden group gone to Israel to plant bombs?
answer is none

when there was fight btw the Han-chinese & the muslim people in one chinese state; how many bombs did Islamic terrorist plant there?
answer is none

is high time we visit what the bible said abt the children of Ishmael.

HIS HAND SHALL BE UPON HIS NEIGHBOR`S NECK; & HIS NEIGHBOR ON HIS ALSO.

if not Christians & Hindus shall be killed greatly; all in the name of peace.

WHO TOLD U THAT THOSE PERSONS THAT DIED ON WORLD TRADE CENTER DONT GO TO CHURCH?

think abt this.

HE THAT HAS EAR LET HIM HEAR.

I DEY VEX
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 01, 2011
guys please let us wake up to the real truth and to the reality that has be-fallen us today.

nigeria is under seige.
christians are under seige.
the muslims are on a crusade to kill as many christians as possible.
let us all wake up and think of how to counter their plan.
we have been pushed to the wall for too long by these sons of satans.
we have been taken for granted for too long by these murderers and evil people.
what do we do?
islam is a religion of the devil ( a known fact )
the quaran is a disguised book from satan himself. a book inculcated with murder and hatred toward the children of God. what is the justification for all these killings of innocent human beings.
are you muslims God that will take another human life as if u made them.
i foresee a time when christians all over the world will unite to put a stop to your atrocities.
God bless the dead
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by snowdrops(m): 10:25am On Jan 01, 2011
rafhell:

guys please let us wake up to the real truth and to the reality that has be-fallen us today.

nigeria is under seige.
christians are under seige.
the muslims are on a crusade to kill as many christians as possible.
let us all wake up and think of how to counter their plan.
we have been pushed to the wall for too long by these sons of satans.
we have been taken for granted for too long by these murderers and evil people.
what do we do?
islam is a religion of the devil ( a known fact )
the quaran is a disguised book from satan himself. a book inculcated with murder and hatred toward the children of God. what is the justification for all these killings of innocent human beings.
are you muslims God that will take another human life as if u made them.
i foresee a time when christians all over the world will unite to put a stop to your atrocities.
God bless the dead

i smell a revolution here.

TIME TO FIGHT BACK

TIME TO TAKE THE COUNTRY BACK

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Orton10(m): 10:32am On Jan 01, 2011
Justcash:

Yes, I agree with you. But, you must not forget that a collective decision by South west, South east, South south and Some mid-belt states to split into their own countries will leave the North helpless. Look at the situation in the country now, and tell me if it is impossible. How many people can the North fight to continue drinking South-South's Oil?

Before i answer that check this out;
Believe it or not, The Northerners are the ones ruling Nigeria.
I personally have lived in the North when i was a kid and  ask anyone who has been there, They are the ones Enjoying the milk and honey of this country, Electricity, good roods, educational infrastructures [even though over 90% can't even read or write] and you  should see their kingpin's cars and houses, trips to Mecca every Year!, the list goes on, All from and to the detriment of our brothers in  the Delta.   
Now put yourself in thier shoes and ask urself if you can let go of all those luxuries by allowing Nigeria split, Before you know it, Political or tribal rivalry/disagreements escalates into Religion, then you know what next,
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by LagosShia: 10:55am On Jan 01, 2011
it is very silly and annoying that people are still fuelling hate and fire for more people to die while everyone is complaining about the deaths of innocent people.does the killing of more people help the situation?why do you call for more killings?

whether those who died are christians or muslims,it does not make them less humans.what happened in Abuja was simple madness and stupidtity to say the very least of it.those who planted the bomb should ask themselves "who are they fighting AND what do they believe they will achieve"?

my only hope is for the government to seat up on this particular incident and fetch out the heads that planned it.they should be brought out with solid evidence against them and punished.

those who keep talking about muslims and islam,should know that muslims and islam are not going anywhere.they are here to stay just like they are in any other part of the world.even if you divide your country into bits and pieces and each house declares its own independence as a state,you will still find muslims in different houses.what about families that are mixed?when the country divide do you send them to the other side?would you drive your brother to the other country because he of a different religion?do you want to behave like israel?it is only israel that uses religion to discriminate between people and calls itself a "jewish state".otherwise there is really little difference between the palestinian and the israeli.they all share the same genes.they are the same people.only religion stands between them because those people were conquered by the muslim arabs who made them muslims.there are palestinian families with pure jewish ancestry but are today muslims and they adopted arabic as a language.do you make your brothers refugees and confiscate their lands because you only want the land for your own religion?do you kill them and make them refugees and bring others of your own religion to replace them from distant lands like the israelis bring jews from ethiopia and argentina to replace palestinians (because they are muslims) who have owned the land for centuries and some palestinians owned the land even before the jews themselves stepped foot on the holy land because they are descendant of canaanites (while other palestinians have jewish blood)?what about the samaritans that are mentioned in the New Testament?who are they today?they are palestinians most of them practicing islam today.why didn't Jesus drive them away from the holy land because they were not jews?the point is people have co-existed together for longer than we imagine and only madness and mad people want to divide people on religion.this is all madness.people will choose whether to be muslim,christian or jewish.

you dont talk nonsense because you have nothing else reasonable to contribute or because you feel angry and hatred.that is not the right way to deal with it.

let us also take the so called boko haram as an example.what are those fools trying to achieve?if they want to flush out western education why not do that through election if they truly have the needed backing of people behind them?it is time the government seats up and go for the big heads behind these people.

i also want to highlight a very big possibility that Nigerians would be ignoring.i want everyone to see the western intelligence and also the israeli intelligence as possible suspects in these blasts.they maybe behind them to create trouble and make sure other nations dont grow and they remain in perpetual poverty and strife killing themselves.this insecurity in Nigeria will no doubt affect the economy.they can do it.take for example the bomb blasts that hit Iran.the terrorists known as Jundullah that were killing the government forces and innocent people actually get british,israeli and american support to fight the iranian government and cause mayhem.the same goes about the iranian nuclear scientists that were killed through bomb blasts.who else other than the western and israeli intelligence that did it?take also as an example the israeli mossad agents that went to a dubai hotel with fake passports from other countries to assasinate a hamas leader.Nigerians have to be careful and wiser than the serpent.dont see only from one angle.i am a muslim,how have those bomb blasts in the north and abuja made my situation any better other than make it worse by creating bitterness in the country where i breath my air?  cry  cry cry cry cry
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by mekay(m): 10:57am On Jan 01, 2011
This is evil, I believe its the handiwork of politicians who want to discredit this govt at all cost.
All of us most rise up to fight against this terrorist and stop shifting blames to the govt for not doing enough. Security is the responsibility of everyone not just the govt. If you suspect any unusual movement in any place, it is your duty to report such things.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Beaf: 11:02am On Jan 01, 2011
onye_okwu:

beaf  or whatever you call yourself, its obvious to that federalism is what Nigeria needs now as nation
but when ojukwu agitated for  this (aburi accord) and pleaded with all Nigerian you guys termed it as igbo agenda to dominate and  take over your land which resulted to senseless massacre  of millions of igbos  by Nigerians even our  closest neighbor joined other Nigerians to perpetrate the atrocity against the igbos
let me tell you Nigerian is not going to disintegrate  neither true federalism until every side that sided with Hausa Fulani undergo what igbos underwent  for 3 yrs
go and listen to ojukwu biafra declaration speech ojukwu is simply a genius and a man that sees tomorrow  shocked shocked
the blood of igbos wasted in Nigeria will never be in vain we will avenge when the times comes sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

The words of a rambling fool. Why don't you go to Abuja so you can bath in the victims blood or use it for your rituals?

You call yourself a person from a majority ethnic group who number in millions, but here you are blaming me, someone from an ethnic group not up to a million. If that doesn't sound ridiculous to you, nothing will. Its like a heavyweight wrestler crying to his mother that a baby slapped him. Fool.

Evil bastar'd. May the souls of the departed rest in pece.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Beaf: 11:05am On Jan 01, 2011
Vigilante:

Guys, its too early to start pointing accusing fingers.  If it was that easy to fish out culprits, it would have been equally easier to prevent the attacks. Calm is what is needed.

Only a fool thinks it is too early to lay blame after your people have been making threats. We will crush you.
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:13am On Jan 01, 2011
I am a staunch supporter of one Nigeria, however recent events are making me re-think that position. Yes I am not for dividing along tribal lines but if these guys are going to be a nuisance then lets divide along religious lines, all christians in North-Nigeria would be advised to return to the South-Nigeria. The south would definitely be richer more like(south korea) and the North well, very interesting scenario. We would have a DMZ along the division and anything coming from the North including humans would be doubly checked just like Isreal and palestine, angry angry angry
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by fstrangest: 11:14am On Jan 01, 2011
Beaf:

Only a fool thinks it is too early to lay blame after your people have been making threats. We will crush you.

Nigeria is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of Yoruba blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of Nigeria, a fraction of a dot of the universe. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the Nigeria on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the same country. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill defenseless Yorubas, how fervent their hatreds are towards us. The posturings of the Hausa-Fulani hegemony, their imagined self-importance, the delusion that they have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by the smallness of Nigeria in the grand scheme of things.

Nigeria is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity -- in all this vastness -- there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. It is up to us. It's been said that politics is a humbling, and I might add, a character-building experience. To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of the northern elite than this unnecessary death of innocent souls. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that 'land of honey', the only home we've ever known."
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Orton10(m): 11:33am On Jan 01, 2011
Beaf:

Only a fool thinks it is too early to lay blame after your people have been making threats.

@Beaf , Thumbs up bro, you served him right. Innocent men, women and children loosing thier lives on the first day of a new year, relations crying etc,  And Wtf is Vigilante even talking about? Prevent what attack?What Calm? That our beloved, peaceful virgin and innocent country Nigeria is being turned into a war zone by some sadists all in the name of Jihad, then he expects us to sit down and not point fingers when its glaring who the culprits are?

"When a kingdom suffers violence, only the violent takes over it by force!, if we want peace, we better be ready for war cos Terror mongers cannot be negociated with!!"
Re: Bomb Blast In Abuja by Vigilante: 11:37am On Jan 01, 2011

You said that in October, again on Christmas eve, last week and New Year eve.  Look within.  The answer lies within your conglomerate of inept security personnel.  Start the crushing from within.  Remember the PDP is a nest of killers.  Jonah is clueless.  Admit it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

A Nairalander Open Letter To Prof Yemi Osinbajo / Reactions Over Oshiomhole's Allegations That An Ex Minister Stole $6billion / Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.