Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Don't Sell Yourself Short. Writing Isn't Cheap - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Don't Sell Yourself Short. Writing Isn't Cheap (415 Views)

Are You Jobless? Sell Yourself / How To Sell Yourself In A Job Interview: 5 Powerful Tips / 5 Tips To Help You Sell Yourself For A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Sell Yourself Short. Writing Isn't Cheap by Loooooooogstory: 7:40am On Apr 05, 2020
I was surfing through the streets of Job and vacancy section a while back and I came across this post by a moniker seeking for writers. I copied his number and messaged him on whatsapp.

He asked me to write the article on anything I feel would be interesting and I picked food. I wrote upto 2000 words and when I messaged the dude, he said was no longer interested in the article. I was shell shocked, but I didn't let that tear me apart.

Maybe he was expecting me to beg or argue with him, so that he would seem to be considering me out of pity and beat down the article's price.

I didn't message him again then 3 hours later, he asked to know what the article was about and the outline. I gave him a snippet but then he didn't reply until 2hours later. He said he didn't need the article but he might consider it later.
2 weeks later I made over 7,000 naira with that same article. The same article he would have paid 1,500 for.

Moral... Don't sell writing cheap. The art of writing is indeed a talent

4 Likes

Re: Don't Sell Yourself Short. Writing Isn't Cheap by Jamesrock(m): 8:02am On Apr 05, 2020
How did you make that 7k Cos I’m also facing same issues now
Re: Don't Sell Yourself Short. Writing Isn't Cheap by OLP46(m): 1:35pm On Apr 05, 2020
How did you make 7k from the article
Re: Don't Sell Yourself Short. Writing Isn't Cheap by Jamesrock(m): 3:54pm On Apr 05, 2020
OLP46:
How did you make 7k from the article

You’re repeating my question!
Link me up Baba!
I’m also facing same, mine is 20k words
Re: Don't Sell Yourself Short. Writing Isn't Cheap by Loooooooogstory: 8:34am On Apr 08, 2020
Jamesrock:
How did you make that 7k Cos I’m also facing same issues now
I was lucky to have been patronized by a certain ministry in my state...
Re: Don't Sell Yourself Short. Writing Isn't Cheap by Jamesrock(m): 12:16pm On Apr 08, 2020
Loooooooogstory:
I was lucky to have been patronized by a certain ministry in my state...

Okay... nice
Re: Don't Sell Yourself Short. Writing Isn't Cheap by nickvanilla(m): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2020
Loooooooogstory:
I was surfing through the streets of Job and vacancy section a while back and I came across this post by a moniker seeking for writers. I copied his number and messaged him on whatsapp.

He asked me to write the article on anything I feel would be interesting and I picked food. I wrote upto 2000 words and when I messaged the dude, he said was no longer interested in the article. I was shell shocked, but I didn't let that tear me apart.

Maybe he was expecting me to beg or argue with him, so that he would seem to be considering me out of pity and beat down the article's price.

I didn't message him again then 3 hours later, he asked to know what the article was about and the outline. I gave him a snippet but then he didn't reply until 2hours later. He said he didn't need the article but he might consider it later.
2 weeks later I made over 7,000 naira with that same article. The same article he would have paid 1,500 for.

Moral... Don't sell writing cheap. The art of writing is indeed a talent

You're right bro. Writing isn't easy.
There's someone I wrote close to 9000 words for recently and he's refused to pay.

These are the things that frustrate people but I know one day I'll get the right value for my efforts.

(1) (Reply)

Easy Affiliate Program That Pays 1000 Naira Per Referral (must Read!) / "I Will Die Of Boredom Without Job" ; Blind Graduate Cries Out / Job Vacancies At Ejigbo,orisunbare,idimu And Ikotun.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.