Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Has Anyone Ever Help You Out Before Because You Use Your Dialect - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Has Anyone Ever Help You Out Before Because You Use Your Dialect (286 Views)

Please Never Ever Help The Poor Nigerian, Leave Them Alone. / Ever Help Someone And You Landed Into Trouble?? ... Share / Video: Watch Lord Kabex Reeling Out Nigeria's States And Capital In Egba Dialect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Ever Help You Out Before Because You Use Your Dialect by daniddan1999: 10:56am On Apr 05, 2020
Good morning nl and happy Sunday to u all.
Have you ever been help before by another person just because you used your language? OK now i will tell you my story. There was a day i was returning from my bro shop coming home, but just before i could arrive at my junction there was a fight which led to heavy shooting by the parties involved so everyone was panicking in the bus including me because the shooting was too much. Luckily i was able to get to my estate gate and it's was closed so i had to ask those in charge to allow me in amid the shooting which continued and they refused so i made a call across to my mom speaking my dialect to explain things to her about what was happening and where i was, immediately i stopped the call a man among the security agents asked me if I'm from so so and so place I said yes then he allowed me in.
Dear people that was the first and only time speaking my dialect helped me out of trouble or possibly been arrested by Sars or been killed by a stray bullet.
Pls share your experience with us
Re: Has Anyone Ever Help You Out Before Because You Use Your Dialect by Babatunde40(m): 10:58am On Apr 05, 2020
It is easier to catch a typical yoruba girl if you can speak yoruba. The yoruba language is full of endearing words. If a non-yoruba is dating a yoruba girl that you fancy, you can use yoruba to collect her
Re: Has Anyone Ever Help You Out Before Because You Use Your Dialect by Gwagone: 10:59am On Apr 05, 2020
I was able to finish my secondary school because we are from the same state and speaks the same dialect
It has helped me tho in one way and still counting sha
Re: Has Anyone Ever Help You Out Before Because You Use Your Dialect by Wisebird22(m): 11:09am On Apr 05, 2020
I and my wife went to general hospital when she was in labour and the doctor she was sent to asked her to go to the private clinic which she registered for anti natal,but a male doctor nearby heard me making call and later asked me where am from when I told him,he spoke my dialect with me and told me that we shouldn't go he will attend to her.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Ever Help You Out Before Because You Use Your Dialect by Nebes: 11:52am On Apr 05, 2020
Come to my office, speak Igbo to me and your file will be on the express list.
I’ve also seen co workers do the same for their people. So I look out my people.

(1) (Reply)

Craziest Guinness World Records / List Of 14 Quarantine Homes In Nigeria, Make Your Choice / My Lock-up Experience Today In Kano During This Lockdown.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.