Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Lying To Health Workers; A Continuous Dangerous Trend - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lying To Health Workers; A Continuous Dangerous Trend (291 Views)

JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG / Coronavirus: Dead Man Lying On The Street Of Wuhan In China (Pictures) / Eating After 6pm Dangerous To Health - Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lying To Health Workers; A Continuous Dangerous Trend by tyav7: 2:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
Even with this pandemic upon us, we still lie to doctors and other health workers knowing well that such could lead to ill health or even death of others. I came across this complaint and was devastated. I pray it's not true.

THIS IS MADNESS!
Patient relatives have done it again.

3 patients have tested positive for Coronavirus. 1 of them is dead.
ALL of them denied coming back from Europe and have exposed health workers to the virus.

Right now, 25 doctors have now gone into isolation in UBTH Benin.

This happened today in University of Benin Teaching Hospital in Edo State.

The patients were admitted via A and E with complaints of cough, difficulty in breathing, catarrh but they all DENIED their travel history.

Clearly, Nigerian patients have decided to kill health workers.

They were initially tested as negative and they were then transferred to the open ward where they had contact with many doctors, nurses, cleaners, and health workers.

One of them deteriorated so bad and they repeated the test for all of them after 72hours- it came back POSITIVE.

The one that deteriorated had kidney problems and is now dead.

25 medical doctors have now gone into isolation in UBTH.

Of that 25, thirteen are doctors who just graduated from medical school.

Why do patients lie?
Why are Nigerians a mad set of people? Why are we like this?

Any patient who lies about their symptoms and travel history that later turns out to be positive for Coronavirus MUST be treated like a felon and a terrorist.

Until these animals are treated like terrorists and prosecuted by law, this madness will not stop.

This is irritating.

1 Like

Re: Lying To Health Workers; A Continuous Dangerous Trend by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2020
I used think what they do to us during exams is the worst. A patient will tell u he has had chest pain that started recently only to later tell your consultant that its been there for years.
My opening statement to the patients during such exams is, "Mummy they will not spoil your own for your children o. They will become anything they want to be in life. This is just an exam and they are not using it as part of your treatment. Pls ma anything I say and they ask u for confirmation just say yes. God bless you ma."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lying To Health Workers; A Continuous Dangerous Trend by oziamaka: 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2020
this attitude is very bad I must confess. especially during his covid19 . I suggest health workers should also observed Social distancing especially those with out protective wears.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Nigeria Ranks Low In Tests Conducted Despite Donation Of 35,000 Test K / Coronavirus: Malaria Drug Pushed By Trump As COVID-19 Cure Has No Benefit, Resea / Plateau To Punish Culprits Who Leaked COVID-19 Index Test Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.