Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help (3550 Views)

Best Areas To Rent Houses, Flats, To Live In Ikorodu, Lagos. Information Needed. / Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) / How to Apply for Ikeja Electric Prepaid Meter - Full Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
Hello Nairalanders, please come to my rescue.

My neighbour and I have been sharing one prepaid meter for about 3 months now. We recharge 5k worth of units expecting it to last for months Unfortunately, it doesn't last more than a week. My neighbours regularly use their twin hotplates to cook, water heater jug, one fridge and a freezer, they iron frequently and also failed to replace their bulbs with energy saving bulbs.

Please Nairalanders, what can I do about this? I'm sick and tired of everything.
Please I need suggestions.
Thanks.

Cc: r231 Freiburger lawyer UjSizzle mkmyers45

Re: Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help by Olalan(m): 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2020
Talking from my current experience it's not fair to share pre paid meter with anyone. One party would consume more.
Talk to your landlord to get a separate meter or connect you directly in the interim
BTW never take an apartment that would require you sharing a meter. It always ends in regerts

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
Olalan:
Talking from my current experience it's not fair to share pre paid meter with anyone. One party would consume more.
Talk to your landlord to get a separate meter or connect you directly in the interim
BTW never take an apartment that would require you sharing a meter. It always ends in regerts
The landlord is not ready to help at all
Re: Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help by Funky123(f): 5:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
Sharing pre-paid meter is the worse thing that can happen with a neighbor,am currently sharing a paid and our 5,000 doesn't last more than 2 weeks......As a matter of fact,I can't wait to leave the house and i told hubby no matter how good a house is, we won't rent it if we have to share prepaid meter

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help by daddytime(m): 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
Lol.....

Two or more guys marrying one woman.

Una matter tie wrapper.

If NEPA come una house dem go even burst laugh.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help by dawnomike(m): 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2020
It is never a good idea to share a prepaid meter

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help by Asquare84(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
If you have the money you can buy the prepaid meter if you're relocating you can remove it, the truth about prepaid meter is that it can be reconfigure for a new environment

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help by immaq8(f): 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2020
mine, is 4 flats sharing one prepaid meter. we made an agreement that, once the recharge is finished before the due date (20th of the next month) we won't recharge then we will sleep without power supply.
Re: Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help by wura2u: 7:10am On Apr 06, 2020
immaq8:
mine, is 4 flats sharing one prepaid meter. we made an agreement that, once the recharge is finished before the due date (20th of the next month) we won't recharge then we will sleep without power supply.

How much do you contribute to buy token for each month?
Re: Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help by immaq8(f): 12:21pm On Apr 06, 2020
wura2u:

How much do you contribute to buy token for each month?
2k each flat = 8K
Re: Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help by bigl: 6:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:

My neighbour and I have been sharing one prepaid meter for about 3 months now. We recharge 5k worth of units expecting it to last for months Unfortunately, it doesn't last more than a week. My neighbours regularly use their twin hotplates to cook, water heater jug, one fridge and a freezer, they iron frequently and also failed to replace their bulbs with energy saving bulbs.

Please Nairalanders, what can I do about this? I'm sick and tired of everything.
Thanks.

Kindly help to fp mods

Sharing prepaid meter is the mother of all bad ideas!

For instance, i use LED bulbs that are rated 10w but pump out 1300 lumens which is quite bright. Infact i had to lower my generator speed cos it would be a waste of money.

Meanwhile, my neighbours are using the ever green 100 watts bulb and some flimsy 25 watts energy saving bulbs but obviously energy consuming along side some other equipments which consume much.

But still, we will be paying same amount when it eventually comes and that will start issues; Despite me using very less energy!

Best thing, get your prepaid meter to avoid wahala jare!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help by adolphus08(m): 12:56pm On Sep 18, 2020

Thanks.

Cc: r231 Freiburger lawyer UjSizzle mkmyers45

Hello I am just seeing your post. Another solution to this is for each of you to get similar submeters each between the shared meter and each flat. This meter will measure individual power consumption of each flat.
When it is time to buy credit each person pays Based on how much they consumed.
You can get submeters like the ones in the picture for 8k-10k each.
U don't need phcn for that. I have two for sale at present.

Re: Is It Right For Two Flats To Share A Prepaid Meter? Please Help by PAT4HOT(m): 8:32pm On Feb 05, 2021
adolphus08:

Hello I am just seeing your post. Another solution to this is for each of you to get similar submeters each between the shared meter and each flat. This meter will measure individual power consumption of each flat.
When it is time to buy credit each person pays Based on how much they consumed.
You can get submeters like the ones in the picture for 8k-10k each.
U don't need phcn for that. I have two for sale at present.

Does the submetre come with its own account, or when due for payment, will payment be made individually or generally?

(1) (Reply)

Things You Should Know Before You Build: / Best Quality Roofing Tiles(swiss Metrotiles ) / The Abuja Dantata Housing Estate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.