Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests (19702 Views)

Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) / How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC / Nigeria’s COVID-19 Tests Climbs Up To 8,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by Roon9(m): 9:36am On Apr 06, 2020
danowena:
See this man that called himself a professor speaking like a layman. So doctors should examine patients critically before refering them for malaria tests as well? Professor, just incase you have forgotten, the tests are meant to either confirm or negate suspicion of an ailmemt. It is a vital part of the diagnosis process.
Despite the number of negative results in the US and Uk (as examples) did you hear them advise doctors to stop referring people for tests? I am glad you mentioned that some were postive. What if the doctors of those positive ones allowed them to roam about? Professor, take your time o o. This is not the time to say rubbish if you have nothing tangible to say. Don't risk the lives of people because you want media attention.
Your statement is grossly stupid and very irresponsible.

Its quite shocking
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by philfearon(m): 9:58am On Apr 06, 2020
Cityguy:

It is d cost that is their worry jare. You just hit it on the head. What I need to understand is how doctor's physical examination of patient would rule out URTI. Presentation and findings are likely going to be same but how would that identify the causative agent, in this case coronavirus? And to take it home, nurses, doctors and other frontline staff have no PPE. Common surgical masks are not available and you want proper 'exams'? You try our professor.
The failure of our system is now very much open for everyone to see.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by photon3106: 9:59am On Apr 06, 2020
omohayek:

If you don't trust a doctor to be competent enough to distinguish the symptoms of an accident from those of COVID-19, why do you then insist that the self-same unqualified doctor treat the patient? Wouldn't it actually be better for the patient not to be treated by such a person?

How would you know the doctor that would be attending to the patient is unqualified or incompetent at first?

1 Like

Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by AnonChick: 10:07am On Apr 06, 2020
When To Call A Doctor !!!

In the past few months, news all over the world has been filled with increased cases of Coronavirus. Everyone including myself has at one point worried about how we could protect ourselves from this deadly virus. In Nigeria, there are 232 cases of Coronavirus and 5 people have died from the virus. In this article, I will explain how to know if you have coronavirus and also, tell you what to do.

According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the signs of coronavirus start to show between 2 to 14 days. Being able to pick out these signs and act upon them when necessary is important. Here's what you need to know.

How do I Know I Have Coronavirus?

To know if you have coronavirus, you will notice the following :

Fever: If you notice your body is hotter than normal, you should check your temperature. The best time to check your temperature is late in the afternoon or early evening. When your temperature reads above 37.8C, that is a major fever sign and you should talk to a doctor.

Cough: Another sign of coronavirus is dry cough. This is not just any cough, and unlike the regular (wet) cough, the dry cough does not bring out any mucus. The dry cough can sometimes cause you to feel pain in your chest

Difficulty Breathing: This is a very serious sign of Coronavirus. Someone who has coronavirus usually finds it difficult to breathe. If your chest becomes tight and you feel like you cannot breathe or deeply take in a good amount of air, then this is a sign of coronavirus. If this is severe, you should immediately call the National Centre For Disease Control (NCDC) on 07032864444 or 080097000010 (toll-free) https://www.reliancehmo.com/blog/posts/coronavirus-signs-what-are-they-and-should-i-call-the-doctor
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by Correcto: 10:08am On Apr 06, 2020
Who wan die? Really? Yet you clap for them as people in the frontline. SMH
adioolayi:
I am sorry, I can't blame them. They stand the risk of exposure more than anyone....The Government should provide enough protective wears for them...This will boost their confidence. Are we expecting Drs, because of call to duty, to just expose themselves as if they are not humans or they don't have families too If Government do the right thing, they will also do the necessary thing 100%.

As at now, na commonsense them they take handle Patients....Who wan die??
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by taiwolomo1: 10:10am On Apr 06, 2020
gbadexy:
Well, since we hailed the chadian soldiers and called for more dedication from the Nigerian counterpart, we may as well all call out the medical doctors.
They should know risk comes with their occupation. No one is saying they should expose themselves to unnecessary risk. They can take the necessary precautions and do what they are trained to do courageously.
oga provision them with the necesary PPE if they won't work diligently! They also have families too! They r human like us too! U should tailor this energy towords providing PPE!

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by photon3106: 10:12am On Apr 06, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
That will not be in the best interest of your child oga. Especially in times like this. I know what I'm saying

Actually, he has problems with negligent medics and I believe everyone has too. I love and respect passionate and diligent doctors and nurses but not the lazy negligent ones. Those ones can frustrate one's life ehn... Their pride is second to none and zero manner of talking.

I bet you've never experienced something similar to what risenphoenix has said and I pray you don't.
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by dezealdig: 10:13am On Apr 06, 2020
Check here for step to take in co-vid 19 situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tR7DX7lZeo
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by omohayek: 10:15am On Apr 06, 2020
photon3106:

How would you know the doctor that would be attending to the patient is unqualified or incompetent at first?
I would think that would be obvious in this example: only an incompetent doctor would hear from his or her receptionist that a prospect patient fell down and is now bleeding from the nose, and then jump to the conclusion that the patient most likely has COVID-19. Or would you call it a sign of competence for a GP to see someone bloody passengers from a car accident and immediately suspect them of Ebola? You can't say that you think a doctor lacks common sense while maintaining that the same doctor should treat you anyway.

In any case, the bottom line is this: if a doctor refers a patient for a COVID-19 test instead of carrying out a personal examination, then either the doctor knows what he or she is doing (even if that isn't obvious to the layman), or the doctor is incompetent and not worth receiving treatment from to begin with. In either scenario, the outcome remains the right one, and there is no justification whatsoever for insisting doctors endanger themselves, their co-workers, their other patients and their own families, simply to carry out risky personal examinations they are unable to justify. Any doctor worth seeing has already sworn the Hippocratic oath and shouldn't need lecturing from ignorant busybodies like this Tunde Salako.
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by omohayek: 10:20am On Apr 06, 2020
photon3106:

Actually, he has problems with negligent medics and I believe everyone has too. I love and respect passionate and diligent doctors and nurses but not the lazy negligent ones. Those ones can frustrate one's life ehn... Their pride is second to none and zero manner of talking.

I bet you've never experienced something similar to what risenphoenix has said and I pray you don't.
But why would you even want to be treated by someone who is lazy or negligent? Why trust your life to someone whose laziness or negligence may lead to their missing a vital symptom or prescribing a drug dosage that may kill you? This is what I don't get about all of you who think you have a right to force people you don't trust or respect to treat you.
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by photon3106: 10:42am On Apr 06, 2020
omohayek:

I would think that would be obvious in this example: only an incompetent doctor would hear from his or her receptionist that a prospect patient fell down and is now bleeding from the nose, and then jump to the conclusion that the patient most likely has COVID-19. Or would you call it a sign of competence for a GP to see someone bloody passengers from a car accident and immediately suspect them of Ebola? You can't say that you think a doctor lacks common sense while maintaining that the same doctor should treat you anyway.

In any case, the bottom line is this: if a doctor refers a patient for a COVID-19 test instead of carrying out a personal examination, then either the doctor knows what he or she is doing (even if that isn't obvious to the layman), or the doctor is incompetent and not worth receiving treatment from to begin with. In either scenario, the outcome remains the right one, and there is no justification whatsoever for insisting doctors endanger themselves, their co-workers, their other patents and their own families, simply to carry out risky personal examinations they are unable to justify. Any doctor worth seeing has already sworn the Hippocratic oath and shouldn't need lecturing from ignorant busybodies like this Tunde Salako.

No sir, he isn't some ignorant busybodies. He has made a reasonable statement just that many people have either failed to get his point or are delibrately criticizing him for their hyprocritic love for doctors.

Everyone understands that doctors and nurses are like soldiers. They deserve to be loved and respected. Yes, and no one is saying medical practisioners should risk or endanger their lives. However, there are risks associated with jobs in general. Given the right equipments, we shouldn't even be talking about doctors and nurses endangering themselves. A soldier's life is in danger during war. Aren't they humans too and why aren't we telling them to flee? It is their work and duty to do their jobs.

Some will argue that 'no body wan die' because the doctors are ill-equiped. What then happens to those people that are similar to the scenario painted earlier?

You just said that one shouldn't be going to an incompetent doctor who can not distinguish between an accident and Covid-19. Still, the question is: How do you know that the hospital you've approached for medical help has incompetent doctors and that the doctors there are indeed incompetent?

The bitter truth is that even cases that are obviously not Coro-inclined are lazily/fearfully treated as Covid 19 by some medics.
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by eyinjuege: 10:42am On Apr 06, 2020
I hope people on here vowing to assault health care workers when they don't get their way know that they will be arrested and PROSECUTED for that.
Every health facility should have the contact of the DPO for their area, and hospital staff shouldn't fail to use this when needed.
Your well being is paramount at this crucial period.
Do not be bullied into doing what you feel is beyond your capacity, and never go beyond your capacity or expertise.
Patient's safety is paramount and so is yours.
Hold your hospital CMDs to task, and ask them to provide PPEs, otherwise you will not risk your lives unecessarily.
The CMDs can source for PPEs anywhere they deem fit, and they can also put pressure on the various state health commissioners and the minister of health .

1 Like

Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by photon3106: 10:55am On Apr 06, 2020
omohayek:

But why would you even want to be treated by someone who is lazy or negligent? Why trust your life to someone whose laziness or negligence may lead to their missing a vital symptom or prescribing a drug dosage that may kill you? This is what I don't get about all of you who think you have a right to force people you don't trust or respect to treat you.

I think you're deviating from the subject of discussion. If you've properly read my prev comment, you would see that no one is forcing anyone to do anything. Plus, respecting people doesn't mean they will treat you well. Besides, you're forgetting that in terms of emergency, many people seek help from a particular hospital because it is the closest and not because they've had a first hand experience with the hospital. This answers your question of why I would want to be attended to by incompetent nurses or doctors. The point is that one would have to get to the hospital before figuring out the nature of service and quality of workers there.
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by tomdon(m): 11:01am On Apr 06, 2020
danowena:
See this man that called himself a professor speaking like a layman. So doctors should examine patients critically before refering them for malaria tests as well? Professor, just incase you have forgotten, the tests are meant to either confirm or negate suspicion of an ailmemt. It is a vital part of the diagnosis process.
Despite the number of negative results in the US and Uk (as examples) did you hear them advise doctors to stop referring people for tests? I am glad you mentioned that some were postive. What if the doctors of those positive ones allowed them to roam about? Professor, take your time o o. This is not the time to say rubbish if you have nothing tangible to say. Don't risk the lives of people because you want media attention.

Dare I say that you have talked as an ignoramus
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 06, 2020
omohayek:

Because

I

have

no

choice.
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 06, 2020
photon3106:

Medicine is just a profession like any other requiring equal skill and diligence. I am sprry to say that it is this undue worship of medics that makes them feel like they are gods. Gove respect only to those to whom respect is due by virtue of their respective merits; even if the person is a street sweeper; not by virtue of what degree they hold.
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by omohayek: 11:22am On Apr 06, 2020
photon3106:

I think you're deviating from the subject of discussion. If you've properly read my prev comment, you would see that no one is forcing anyone to do anything. Plus, respecting people doesn't mean they will treat you well. Besides, you're forgetting that in terms of emergency, many people seek help from a particular hospital because it is the closest and not because they've had a first hand experience with the hospital. This answers your question of why I would want to be attended to by incompetent nurses or doctors. The point is that one would have to get to the hospital before figuring out the nature of service and quality of workers there.
No, you're being obtuse. The point I've been making, and to which you've offered no counter-argument whatsoever, is a simple one: whether or not you trust a doctor is irrelevant, as in both the competent and incompetent cases, your best bet is to go along with what they tell you to do, i.e. go get a COVID-19 test.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by omohayek: 11:23am On Apr 06, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Because

I

have

no

choice.
You have a choice not to ask for any particular doctor's help, just as they have a choice not to treat you. They don't owe you anything for simply existing.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by omohayek: 11:33am On Apr 06, 2020
photon3106:

No sir, he isn't some ignorant busybodies. He has made a reasonable statement just that many people have either failed to get his point or are delibrately criticizing him for their hyprocritic love for doctors.

Everyone understands that doctors and nurses are like soldiers. They deserve to be loved and respected. Yes, and no one is saying medical practisioners should risk or endanger their lives. However, there are risks associated with jobs in general. Given the right equipments, we shouldn't even be talking about doctors and nurses endangering themselves. A soldier's life is in danger during war. Aren't they humans too and why aren't we telling them to flee? It is their work and duty to do their jobs.
You ignore a few basic facts, namely
(i) that it is a basic aspect of a soldier's trade to risk death as well as to be ready to kill,
(ii) that even with soldiers, it would be utterly irresponsible to send them into battle without the right tools for them to secure victory,
(iii) that it can take 10-15 years to train a single doctor to a level where they can be of net benefit to society, while ordinary infantrymen can be replaced with 6-12 months basic training.

Whether or not you feel any compassion for the doctors you're demanding should put themselves at needless risk, the fact is that Nigeria already faces a severe shortage of them, with only 2 doctors per thousand citizens. The very last thing even the most selfish person should want is that this already very small pool of highly-skilled people should be decimated for the sake of making entitled laymen feel good about themselves.

Some will argue that 'no body wan die' because the doctors are ill-equiped. What then happens to those people that are similar to the scenario painted earlier?

You just said that one shouldn't be going to an incompetent doctor who can not distinguish between an accident and Covid-19. Still, the question is: How do you know that the hospital you've approached for medical help has incompetent doctors and that the doctors there are indeed incompetent?

The bitter truth is that even cases that are obviously not Coro-inclined are lazily/fearfully treated as Covid 19 by some medics.
You clearly don't understand the simple logic I laid out. If something is true in either of the only two possible scenarios, then it is unconditionally true, and how you feel about the work ethic or attitude of doctors should not matter. There is simply no situation in which you have any justification for making threats to doctors or committing violence against them because you feel your child isn't being treated like the prince or princess you believe it to be. Either wait your turn as requested and then follow the advice they give you, or take your child somewhere else for treatment, instead of acting like a brute and attempting to terrorize others into submission: doing so is a brazen act of criminality, and isn't likely to get you better treatment anyway.
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by photon3106: 11:37am On Apr 06, 2020
omohayek:

No, you're being obtuse. The point I've been making, and to which you've offered no counter-argument whatsoever, is a simple one: whether or not you trust a doctor is irrelevant, as in both the competent and incompetent cases, your best bet is to go along with what they tell you to do, i.e. go get a COVID-19 test.

Tell me your point that I have not countered.
And that's exactly what the Prof has advised against. Like you said, be it competent or incompetent you'd have to do as you've been told. It is simply unprofessional for doctors to leave thier patients unexamined until a Covid 19 test result is provided.

Do you no how many avoidable death that will occur if every doctor is waiting for covid test result even for cases as simple as the ones i cited?

Those that are willing to get tested have been sharing their biitter eperience about the stress they were subjected to, how much more someone with urgent medical need.

Well, you may be right for thinking the man is wrong anyways.
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by Blitzerz: 11:42am On Apr 06, 2020
Krak:
But the WHO is advocating for mass testing. The US has done millions of tests, UK is working towards doing 100k tests daily by month end. Mass testing is the only way of having an idea about the infection rate in a country.

Even South Africa is doing mass testing, so why is this man saying something else?

Dont mind him
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by mofedamijo(m): 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
Krak:
But the WHO is advocating for mass testing. The US has done millions of tests, UK is working towards doing 100k tests daily by month end. Mass testing is the only way of having an idea about the infection rate in a country.

Even South Africa is doing mass testing, so why is this man saying something else?

Which of the South Africa?? My broda, what you read online is different from reality ooo....my woman is working in maryland usa as a nurse, they as nurses are not even allowed to use the test kit because of shortage. South Africa is not doing mass testing, i am there now. U.K is having serious issues, go to their blogs and new websites, the comments and lamentations there is worse than Naijas own.........
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by photon3106: 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
omohayek:

(i) that it is a basic aspect of a soldier's trade to risk death as well as to be ready to kill,
(ii) that even with soldiers, it would be utterly irresponsible to send them into battle without the right tools for them to secure victory,
(iii) that it can take 10-15 years to train a single doctor to a level where they can be of net benefit to society, while ordinary infantrymen can be replaced with 6-12 months basic training.

Whether or not you feel any compassion for the doctors you're demanding should put themselves at needless risk, the fact is that Nigeria already faces a severe shortage of them, with only 2 doctors per thousand citizens. The very last thing even the most selfish person should want is that this already very small pool of highly-skilled people should be decimated for the sake of making entitled laymen feel good about themselves.

You clearly don't understand the simple logic I laid out. If something is true in either of the only two possible scenarios, then it is unconditionally true, and how you feel about the work ethic or attitude of doctors should not matter. There is simply no situation in which you have any justification for making threats to doctors or committing violence against them because you feel your child isn't being treated like the prince or princess you believe it to be. Either wait your turn as requested and then follow the advice they give you, or take your child somewhere else for treatment, instead of acting like a brute and attempting to terrorize others into submission: doing so is a brazen act of criminality, and isn't likely to get you better treatment anyway.

Yes, you're right I don't understand your logic because they are no logic by every reasoning standard. No offense sir grin

It's obvious, you don't read my comments. I'm restating this as stated in my previous comment.

No one is forcing anyone to do anything. Nobody wants the doctor to endanger their lives. All we are saying is that those people deserving medical examination unrelated to Covid 19 should be helped to get it and not be told to get a COVID 19 test. In my opinion, i believ that this was the Prof's stance when he made that statement.
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by photon3106: 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2020
omohayek:

The focus here is the statement of Dr/Prof Tunde Salako. NOT people bullying doctors and nurses and forcing them to submission.

I don't agree to bullying and achieving submission by brute force irrespective of the circumstance or the profession in question.

Whether I hate or love doctors does not change a statement from right to wrong. Dr. Salako has made a statement. The validity of this statement or the invalidity of same isn't dependent on personal feelings towards doctors and nurses.

With previous points of mine, I hope you sit back and take a look at them once more then you'd realise my point.

I. There is sense in Dr. Salako's statement

II. If equiped with the right medical infrastructures, we shouldn't be talking about doctors and nurses endangering their lives becuase they are doing their duty.

III.Patients of medical cases unrelated to CoVid-19 shouldn't be told to get a test result of the virus before they are attended to.
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 06, 2020
omohayek:

You have a choice not to ask for any particular doctor's help, just as they have a choice not to treat you. They don't owe you anything for simply existing.

I don't like emotionally charged ignorance. Go and check legal stipulations. Once they open a hospital to the general public, they no longer have a right to refuse me treatment as long as I fulfill the general requirements asked of everybody. At best, they can refer me and that only if they can defend the position that my referral is in my own interest. Do you still think that modern hospitals are using the same rules as your village herbalist? If I am refused treatment, I can sue and get them sanctioned. With the NCDC stipulation that a patient must be examined before he is referred for a coronavirus test, I can sue and win legally if they fail to follow instructions and I suffer any medical damage as a result. They don't owe me for my existence, but they owe me a legal and ethical duty and responsibility on the basis of THEIR OWN EXISTENCE. No one forced them to open a medical center to the public.
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by Dollabiz: 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
really
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by Basic123: 2:31pm On Apr 06, 2020
danowena:
You are not making sense

You know nothing about medical and clinical practice

The only argument against the prof is that the doctors are not well protected enough!
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by Basic123: 2:34pm On Apr 06, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

I don't like emotionally charged ignorance. Go and check legal stipulations. Once they open a hospital to the general public, they no longer have a right to refuse me treatment as long as I fulfill the general requirements asked of everybody. At best, they can refer me and that only if they can defend the position that my referral is in my own interest. Do you still think that modern hospitals are using the same rules as your village herbalist? If I am refused treatment, I can sue and get them sanctioned. With the NCDC stipulation that a patient must be examined before he is referred for a coronavirus test, I can sue and win legally if they fail to follow instructions and I suffer any medical damage as a result. They don't owe me for my existence, but they owe me a legal and ethical duty and responsibility on the basis of THEIR OWN EXISTENCE. No one forced them to open a medical center to the public.
You have not made any sense
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by gr8keeng: 4:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
Stop saying what you don't know. Even in the US, they don't test every body that complains of respiratory issues. They tell you to sit in your house and if it gets worse, then call your doctor again before they decide if you can get tested or not. Haven't you heard that even Nurses and Doctors treating COVID 19 patients are also asking to be tested but aren't getting the test?. Y'all should just calm down and stop spewing rubbish and what you don't know. As of yesterday, as big and advanced as the US is, they've only been able to test 1.3 million people. A lot of folks are still out here begging to be tested.
danowena:
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by squad03: 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2020
Jamesilvar:
You are mad!!

Why wouldn't the doctor be scared of examining such a patient when he/she doesn't have PPE to protect him/herself?

Since you people are hoarding the PPEs for yourselves, do the examinations yourselves.

Loud it!
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by squad03: 5:33pm On Apr 06, 2020
photon3106:

Yes, you're right I don't understand your logic because they are no logic by every reasoning standard. No offense sir grin

It's obvious, you don't read my comments. I'm restating this as stated in my previous comment.

No one is forcing anyone to do anything. Nobody wants the doctor to endanger their lives. All we are saying is that those people deserving medical examination unrelated to Covid 19 should be helped to get it and not be told to get a COVID 19 test. In my opinion, i believ that this was the Prof's stance when he made that statement.

Well,
1.Covid is a retrospective diagnosis unless in advanced stages when its symptoms appear.
2.It's not a luminous virus and patients with it don't come with halos so the case of 'unrelated to covid' is unfathomable even for specialists in herbal medicine .The common sense thing for any healthcare professional to do is treat everyone as a potential carrier.
So oga should tell the people who received 10billion+ funds to make PPEs available.
Re: Tunde Salako: Doctors Should Examine Patients Before Suggesting COVID-19 Tests by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 06, 2020
photon3106:

I have. I've been on both sides. That's why I can confidently say what I say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beware Of Swimming Pools / I Want To Add More Weight. / Facial Treatment With Live Snail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.