Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,892 members, 7,810,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) (73812 Views)

100 Level NSUK Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Relationship (Photos) / Kenyan Man Burns His House, Digs His Own Grave And Commits Suicide (Photo) / 19-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Losing N300m To Forex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by Islie: 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
OAU’s 100-level student commits suicide, management counsels students
suicide

A 100-level student of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun state, Salako Treasure was reported to have killed herself by consuming a substance suspected of sniper.

The deceased said to be of the Department of Entrepreneur, was found dead inside an uncompleted building around the Lagere area of the town on Wednesday evening with a bottle of sniper beside her body.

Findings revealed that Salako had been undergoing some emotional trauma known to some of her friends and acquittance before the tragic incident.

Confirming the incident, the Public Relations Officer of the University, Abiodun Olarewaju said it was unfortunate that the school lost such a promising young lady to such circumstances.

“It is very unfortunate that we had lost a part one student, a promising young lady to what was alleged to be suicide, although it happened outside campus, we are not happy that we could lose such a person under such circumstances, the university under the administration of Vice-chancellor Professor Simeon Bamire is pained that a student of that tender age could resolve to such thing.

“We appeal to Nigerians to be their brothers keepers. The filler we are getting is that she has suffered depression and people around her knew all this, they ought to have refer her to some one elderly or someone who could be of help to her on psyco-emotional issues. We sympathize with ourselves especially the parent who lost a young lady with future bright. I want to admonish that this world is filled with ups and downs.

“Emotional, psychological and academic frustrations should not make anyone to resolve in taking his or her life. Her remains have been evacuated and we involved the police”, he said.

Also, Osun Police Command Spokesperson, Yemisi Opalola said the body has been evacuated and deposited the University teaching hospital.

She added that the investigation into the circumstances surrounding her death is ongoing.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/oaus-100-level-student-commits-suicide-management-counsels-students/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by TsbAfrica: 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2023
Men it's not easy to be alive. Too many data to process.

Is that not what life is? Data management

172 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by TemplarLandry: 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by GOFRONT(m): 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2023
Chaiii

She wasted it. Why did she waste this thing.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by garriAndsugar: 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2023
So sad..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by Praktikals1000: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
I am Igbo. I was a staunch supporter of Peter Obi, but I have now seen the light. God bless the Jagaban of Nigeria.

163 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by SultanOfAbia: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
See As Fresh Kpekus just waste like that cry cry

22 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by omooba969(m): 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hope it's not what I'm thinking. 😒

6 Likes

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by raskymonojendor: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
May she RIP.
I never knew that there was a department of entrepreneur at OAU.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by isabi2lof: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
What

2 Likes

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by STEWpid(f): 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
Chai..

RIP

...but what emotional trauma could a very young and beautiful lady at that would be going through that made her commit suicide?

It might be related to pregnancy or incest taboo mattaz.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by Okiton: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
angry
I won't penis took this beautiful girl life
Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by RingRoadMafia: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2023
Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by happney65: 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
angry angry angry
Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by kokakola: 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
Life in Nigeria seem to be for the brave hearted. Wherever you are and no matter what you're going through in life, suicide is not the best option. There is somebody somewhere who is ready to listen to all what you have to say, find that person and pour out your heart.
Help may come your way afterwards...

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by carreport(m): 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
Why
Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by Rebuke: 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
Smh. Life can be hard sometimes, yes, but committing suicide is never the best way out.

Yhu wey dey commit suicide to escape whatever, shey yhu know how the other side be ni?

Yhu die finish come face the promax of whatever yhu killed yhurself for🙇‍♂️🤦‍♂️

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by Onlyfrozenjim(m): 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
nawa o, you never can tell until you dey that kain situation

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by handsomeyinka(m): 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
GOFRONT:
Chaiii

She wasted it. Why did she waste this thing.
Are your family aware?

Pls take your medications daily..

Its for a reason.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by Nyamiri: 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
LIT 101
EGL 101
MTH 101
MTH 104
CHM 101

Once you see your results, either you drink Hennessy or you drink Sniper. No 2 ways about am.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by EleventhWeirdo: 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
raskymonojendor:
May she RIP.
I never knew that there was a department of entrepreneur at OAU.

I think a dept of entrepreneurship was newly created

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by Proffdada: 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
Probably family issues

RIP

1 Like

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
rip to this fresh pussy, huge cocks will be missing u.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by Vitalex: 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
I used to insult people that committed suicide believing them to be stupid, but I get it now. Just wanting an end to the pain you are feeling, wanting it all to just stop .

RIP dear

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by adecz: 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
Though smiling, she looks suicidal
and slightly unbalanced in this pic... 🤔

4 Likes

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by MykellOni(m): 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
...It is well! Why take your own life? That's un called for banny. RIP

1 Like

Re: Salako Treasure, OAU 100-Level Student Commits Suicide (Photo) by Robertgreene1(m): 6:11pm On Jun 15, 2023
Interesting...
It takes only the brave to tell life : "look fvck it..I'm not doing again"
This life is just so useless..
That thing that gives u joy...drugs... alcohol.....sex....ur favorite food...even sleep sef will last only 4 a short while...then u go right back to life's pain
That's why I'm so passionate about antinatalism...yes u may be comfortable..then give birth to kids thinking that food and other basic necessities of life won't be their problem
But what about... depression...heart breaks.. anxiety..low self-esteem cus of their looks or height or both...etc
There's nothing good or moral about bringing innocent kids into this brutal world against their own will.. nothing at all!

16 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Doctors & Nurses Inject The Buttocks More / My 10-Year-Old Daughter Is No Longer A Virgin / 17 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 305, 7 Deaths, 58 Discharged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.