Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Sad Story: Woman Says Goodbye To Her Mum Over Facetime Before Her She Died From - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sad Story: Woman Says Goodbye To Her Mum Over Facetime Before Her She Died From (241 Views)

Lady Commits Suicide After Her Mum Accused Her Of Taking Her Money (Photos) / Lady Calls NCDC To Arrest Her Mum For Attending A Wedding Ceremony In Maraba / Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad Story: Woman Says Goodbye To Her Mum Over Facetime Before Her She Died From by akennynews(m): 1:36am On Apr 06, 2020
Michelle Bennett got to say goodbye to her mum over FaceTime before her mother died from coronavirus

She didn't think she'd be able to say goodbye to her mother before she died. 

Like a lot of families across the United States right now, Bennett was told she couldn't be in the same vicinity as her 75-year-old mother, Carolann Christine Gann, who had contracted coronavirus and was nearing the end of her life. 

"Not being able to be there and hold my mom's hand, rub her head, tell her the things I wanted to say to her. It was such a helpless feeling, I can just remember the days leading up feeling so frustrated and helpless and not being able to talk to her because she was not conscious during that time," Bennett explained.

But a nurse at Swedish Issaquah hospital in Washington took it upon herself to make sure Bennett got to say her goodbyes. Bennett said the nurse called her from her personal cell phone and said her mother's breathing was changing and she probably wouldn't live much longer. 

"I'm going to put the phone up to her face so you can tell her you love her and say your goodbyes," Bennett says the nurse told her. "She will not be alone, we will stay with her till the end."

CONTINUE READING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sad Story: Woman Says Goodbye To Her Mum Over Facetime Before Her She Died From by Staphylococcus: 1:40am On Apr 06, 2020
At some point and fronts, we all just have to let go cos absolutely nothing will change the status quo at that point
Re: Sad Story: Woman Says Goodbye To Her Mum Over Facetime Before Her She Died From by TheGiftedOne(m): 1:45am On Apr 06, 2020
An infection arrived this thread before me.

*Fumigates my space with antibiotics*

What an emotional moment for the daughter. kiss

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Nigerian Fulani Explains Mechanism He Used In Making Ventilator / Popular Igbo Native Doctor Reveals What God Revealed To Him About Coronavirus. / Babers Saloon Poses The Risk Factor For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.