Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales (30651 Views)

10 Companies That Shutdown Over Worsening Economy / N195 Enforcement: Fuel Marketers Plan Shutdown Monday / Fuel Scarcity May Worsen As Marketers Threaten Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Edgardo5: 9:23am On Apr 06, 2020
[s]
VillagePipu:

They have banned you again?
Okoro elewon. grin
[/s]
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Kirinwa: 9:24am On Apr 06, 2020
gnykelly:
instead of getting creative with the delivery of fuel they threatening to shut down

It has nothing to do with creativity. Motorists formed as much as 60% plus of retail fuel consumers while households and businesses took 40% or less.

Now businesses and transport patronage have shrinked.
Its more or less individuals that now patronize. So patronage is about 10-25%.
Thus reducing turnover.

Apart from this is: according to them, they placed order at higher prices probably hoping that price will increase, now price has reduced.

This means that they are running at a deficit with bank loan hanging as a hammer on them coupled with low patronage.

Loans have due dates with interests on top. How do they meet up or break even?

This is not the first time government is making decrees without carrying stakeholders along. I guess its still military rule.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by MrMcJay(m): 9:25am On Apr 06, 2020
Erediauwa:
So tired of this country....

Any Netherland or South Korea based Nairalander should please look for a job for me over there.... I am serious, this country is a total mess.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Edgardo5: 9:25am On Apr 06, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:
In drums of course. Since one can't keep them in their residence. It's a redundant station. Relative's. cool
[/s]
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Edgardo5: 9:26am On Apr 06, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:
K. Anything else you would like to share?
[/s]
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Kirinwa: 9:26am On Apr 06, 2020
Shootingstar93:

By working till I pay every dime. Am skilled already. Getting work might be easier cos of my skill. It's not going to be easy, but Nigeria can kill someone and someone's spirit at the same time. At least there, I'll be working and relatively happy am alive

Skilled in what?
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by merits(m): 9:28am On Apr 06, 2020
Ninethmare:
There is hunger in the land
People are hungry
people are developing ulcer
If you think you have much remember others
kitchen is empty already
thinking of how to spend the remaining days of isolation
Assists a brother.
Access Bank 0764056527
No insults please
God bless the giver
you don't have money but you can buy data to stream online, you do well.hunger dey do press up for the remaining days to hammer you just watch out.
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 06, 2020
[quote author=MrMcJay post=88146341][/quote] Do you have the school website?
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Edgardo5: 9:30am On Apr 06, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:
Truth be told, soon as I heard about the first case of covid19 in the country, I started stockpiling essentials, from food to toiletries and fuel.

Have over 300 litres stashed in a fuel station just in case. So if these guys decide to start their usual madness, what I have should take me ar least two months.

Sadly, majority of Nigerians dont have the means to do this.
[/s]
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by back2sender: 9:32am On Apr 06, 2020
Ninethmare:
There is hunger in the land
People are hungry
people are developing ulcer
If you think you have much remember others
kitchen is empty already
thinking of how to spend the remaining days of isolation
Assists a brother.
Access Bank 0764056527
No insults please
God bless the giver
419 fraudster kill you there
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Shootingstar93(f): 9:33am On Apr 06, 2020
U
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by MrMcJay(m): 9:33am On Apr 06, 2020
Erediauwa:
Do you have the school website?

Can't you check Google? The next thing is to ask if I can apply on your behalf.
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by andrewbaba44: 9:35am On Apr 06, 2020
Erediauwa:
A quick question,

Would you rather remain in Nigeria if the opportunity of travelling to one of the countries comes?

You haven’t travelled out of the country before that’s why you see it as a big deal

Even if you are so desperate ,just calm down when this corona shit is over then you can start processing your visa to leave Nigeria

As far as corona is concerned Nigeria is better than many countries ,I am sure you don’t want to contact it

Calm down bro and stop letting the anger of Nigeria to take over your head ok
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 06, 2020
MrMcJay:

Can't you check Google? The next thing is to ask if I can apply on your behalf.
Did i ask you for China product?

I was specific enough when I said Netherlands or South Korea, but out of your oversabi tendencies, you rushed to offer me MADE IN CHINA.

Thank you, I don't need it.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by ZooOga: 9:38am On Apr 06, 2020
don't talk, go shut down, nonsense. not quite two weeks yet and some of dem can't service dere bank loans.
the economic law of supply & demand is in effect.
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You haven’t travelled out of the country before that’s why you see it as a big deal

Even if you are so desperate ,just calm down when this corona shit is over then you can’t start processing your visa to leave Nigeria

As far as corona is concerned Nigeria is better than many countries ,I am sure you don’t want to contact it

Calm down bro and stop letting the anger of Nigeria to take over your head ok
I never asked for your opinion.
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by miqos02(m): 9:42am On Apr 06, 2020
Erediauwa:
A quick question,

Would you rather remain in Nigeria if the opportunity of travelling to one of the countries comes?
a quick question, if you are able to save 1million naira from your job/business monthly and a opportunity to travel abroad comes, what will you do?
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by LabDNA: 9:43am On Apr 06, 2020
ornicus:

How do you stash 300 litres in a fuel station?

You dey mind the bloody liar? Have you ever seen an online zombie that comfortably eat 3 square meals per day?
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Toseenlove: 9:44am On Apr 06, 2020
Erediauwa:
A quick question,

Lol you are very funny, It's obvious you are not aware a large percentage of Shiiithole people enjoy suffering and they are absolutely used to It. I'm absolutely sure the Zombiie will tell you he will rather stay In Shiithole. Suffering Is embedded In most Shiiithole Peoples Gene. Suffer no dey tire them. Na dem gangan be Sufferness lol....Another thing Is some of these people who are wealthy, rich, or financially okay who normally chant one Nigeria & pretend they love Nigeria are Rigid Rogues, You know they are so used to the Piggy and extremely harsh style of living & making money. That why you will see a Nigerian Man with billions of Naira, but his face will look so rough & haggard. Someone that has just N100,000 In his/her account with rest of mind will look more clean and fresher.....I know these people very well. They can't survive the sanity lifestyle outside Shiithiole......Generally Nigeria Is not a place for SANE PEOPLE. It Is a place for Evil, Cunny, Deceptive, Manipulative, Wicked, Greedy, Unrepentant, et all People, Believe Me......Don't let any pastor or Iman deceive you. Na wetin everyone go chop na him dem dey find. No one truly loves you or care about you In Shiithole......Imagine In my area, No electricity Power since 5days ago and No one Is doing anything about It lol.....

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 06, 2020
Toseenlove:

Lol you are very funny, It's obvious you are not aware a large percentage of Shiiithole people enjoy suffering and they are absolutely used to It. I'm absolutely the Zombiie will tell you he will rather stay In Shiithole. Suffering Is embedded In most Shiiithole Peoples Gene. Suffer no dey tire them. Na dem gangan be Sufferness lol....
grin
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Adlac(m): 9:47am On Apr 06, 2020
Iyiataata92:
They have a valid case. The government run the downsream sector like a monopoly. Even though the masses should be of topmost priority, operators should be carried along cos many of them run on bank loans and slashing prices with immediate gives them no time to recoup on investments.
A sector where NNPC is a watchdog and an operator is a menance to operators

Well said, but in the case of an upward review of price do they wait for due consultation to effect the current price?

The fact remains we are all greedy fellow whom maximize a given opportunity at the expense of the masses.
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by lexander(m): 9:49am On Apr 06, 2020
But when the price of feul is suddenly increased they won't agree they already have stocks in their underground reserves......if power supply was constant in Nigeria would they even be able to break even cry
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by MzTunechi(f): 9:49am On Apr 06, 2020
They are all mad and insensitive. So they actually expect to make sales like before. People are home and not making money, some could rarely afford to eat 3square meals and some silly people are talking about low sales. With what money do they expect the common man to fuel is generator. Rubbish!
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Kirinwa: 9:50am On Apr 06, 2020
Shootingstar93:

In sewing

That is not people's needs at the moment.
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 06, 2020
Iyiataata92:
They have a valid case. The government run the downsream sector like a monopoly. Even though the masses should be of topmost priority, operators should be carried along cos many of them run on bank loans and slashing prices with immediate gives them no time to recoup on investments.
Please don't stop..
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by wickyyolo: 9:53am On Apr 06, 2020
Corrinthians:
Truth be told, soon as I heard about the first case of covid19 in the country, I started stockpiling essentials, from food to toiletries and fuel.

Have over 300 litres stashed in a fuel station just in case. So if these guys decide to start their usual madness, what I have should take me ar least two months.

Sadly, majority of Nigerians dont have the means to do this.

You’re selfish just like your government. And u will expect the government to change.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Iyiataata92: 9:58am On Apr 06, 2020
Adlac:

Well said, but in the case of an upward review of price do they wait for due consultation to effect the current price?

The fact remains we are all greedy fellow whom maximize a given opportunity at the expense of the masses.
In terms of upward review of prices, they don't have to wait cos they are profit making organisations. when government do an upward review, NNPC immediately start selling at the new price so if marketers don't adjust immediately, they will run out of stock and pay higher for new stock.
It's business, not greed
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Iyiataata92: 10:00am On Apr 06, 2020
wickyyolo:

You’re selfish just like your government. And u will expect the government to change.
Even government advised on stockpilling before the lockdown. So what's selfish here?
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by ghettokid1(m): 10:01am On Apr 06, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Then sell at N20 then watch how una go sell
Good Advice

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by Harry3: 10:05am On Apr 06, 2020
jummex8228:

Let them lockdown now,who will lose?.instead of them to manage the small they are seeing.oyibo say: half bread is better than none.
Don't mind them
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by ubcandid(m): 10:06am On Apr 06, 2020
Iyiataata92:
they don't bring out these analysis when the price is hiked. They would be first to hoard and create panic in the country.
Re: Lockdown: Fuel Marketers Threaten To Shutdown Over Low Sales by wickyyolo: 10:06am On Apr 06, 2020
Iyiataata92:

Even government advised on stockpilling before the lockdown. So what's selfish here?

Why should you store 300 liters of fuel in your filling station ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Asks Multichoice To Introduce Pay-Per-View Packages / Outrage As FG Abandons N140bn 2nd Niger Bridge / Ban On Grazing: Miyetti Allah Backs Southern Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.