Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES (118696 Views)

What I Saw in DOWNTOWN, Los Angeles / Lagos Abeokuta Express Road As At Yesterday (pictures) / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by vuatiengduc(f): 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2020
it look similar to my hometown - vietnam
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by EmmymTr(m): 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2020
This borokiri in port harcourt township.
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Kfed4ril(m): 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2020
akinegba1:
Port Harcourt township was planned by the British. It is still the best planned area in Nigeria, even better planned than Abuja

Why do I have a feeling you’re mocking ph?
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Area4Area: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2020
guiddoti:
If I hadnt entered Onitsha I won't be saying all this.
Then tell us where you saw the slums
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2020
y
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
The Op is right!
from those places its very close to the Seat of government(Secretariat)
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 07, 2020
do you want me to post pictures of Slums behind GRA, Odili Road and Trans Amadi?

Am from Ph and i will confidently tell you that Ph is dirty and overrated! no planning, tiny express roads and tiny streets....
where they dump filth in the middle of the road and people shit in gutters.
Wike is useless
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 07, 2020
GloShare:

I've been there. But that area is a part of rivers state. It doesn't fall under PH.
those places are in Ph bro!
Ph township, I've lived there before
Although there are few beautiful places in Ph.
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by legitnow: 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Be precise bro!
Ijaws own Ph(Rivers Ijaw)
those slums were built for migrants(Ibo and Akwa Ibom)
you think the owner of a town would stoop so low as to live in Slums?

I'm Ijaw(Okrika) and i own some houses in those slums they're all rented by Ibo and Akwa Ibom people.

your a fool.

Ijaw are migrant from Bayelsa.

They are the people leaving in the riverine area and slums.
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by JastSiryin(m): 7:39pm On Apr 07, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
If I ever decide to contest and I become a governor, Heaven knows one of my first policies will be to send a bill to the state legislature banning the use of rusty iron roofing sheets in the capital city and other towns in the state, with enforcement team set up in the state's ministry of work and housing. I hate the sight of rusty roofing sheets. Govt has to provide a standard for people to follow, else no development.

Added: I will give 3 months' grace period for houses currently donning those rusty sheets to replace them, with monthly fines for those who fail to meet up until they do so. We're talking about state capital here and other city centres, not the whole state. You think Europe and the US will be this beautiful if they didn't enforce standards across many facet of their lives? No! Think again.
I agree that there must be standards. But they must also align with reason and be viable. Not liking the looks of something is probably the shallowest stance anyone could take on a matter.

You're talking like one who prefers Authoritarianism to Democracy. There are many things to be considered even in a matter as seemingly straightforward as this.

Are you gonna subsidies the cost of better roofing materials that would be easily affordable to the poor.

Do you expect poor people to be able to afford it even with your 3months of grace?

Is it constitutional?

What if they refused, would you force them out of their homes?

That's not the way to go bro. People need incentives not unnecessary force.
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by afube: 7:55pm On Apr 07, 2020
Barbilius:
Yea, as you can see, Yorubas are responsible for the dirts in portharcourt that we just saw now. Idiot.

musibau..........go and meet sikira ! park well abeg
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by afube: 8:11pm On Apr 07, 2020
pazienza:

The slums in Ph are inhabited by Ijaws.
Leave Ndiigbo out of your mess.

no mind dem !! ............without ndigbo that shack of a town will be a lot worse.
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 07, 2020
ruggedtimi:
lol!! Eleme is LGA surrounded with vast land and industries. Nothing special. But its not a slum.
ok,yhanks
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Barbilius: 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2020
afube:

musibau..........go and meet sikira ! park well abeg
shibionke, go and sell gala, tell your sisters olosho slots are available in Lagos and ibadan. You can also tell the unfortunate woman that sired you that slots her available for are gented puzzy. Muderfucker!!!
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Eriggs: 10:55pm On Apr 07, 2020
Bobbyfreshhh:

Benue bearded monke.y so you mean you haven't visited pH upon all your years of clowning about,its a huge shame you are believing this having repeatedly said amaechi developed portharcourt to the brink ...assuming this trash is true so this is the development you were talking about .
You omenka is simply shameless

bearded deluded FO.OL
seun, Mynd44
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Eriggs: 5:44am On Apr 08, 2020
Bobbyfreshhh:

E pain am

Ode
na ur family last name be dat now, nairalanders don know dat tey tey
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Spiff20(m): 10:40am On Apr 08, 2020
Op hope you're satisfied now. Well played by hiding under the moniker of a Yoruba name. But know this, PH is Nigeria's third most developed, most economically viable and most important city and beats all the states in your shit hole region. All these pictures you posted won't change the fact that naturally if you want to list cities in Nigeria you'll start by Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Kaduna without including any from your region. That's why you're so pained. Lagos has makoko which the international community is aware of, does that stops Lagos from beating all the states in the east combined? You even have strength to walk about.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by akinegba1: 10:44am On Apr 08, 2020
kolaaderin:
A town that is supposed to be in the league of Taxas. can you imagine this Horror scene of a city. OP haaabaa this is Aba not Porthaurcourt .

PORT HARCOURT is a shithole. No.mind them
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by akinegba1: 10:46am On Apr 08, 2020
Poloyanabo1:
do you want me to post pictures of Slums behind GRA, Odili Road and Trans Amadi?

Am from Ph and i will confidently tell you that Ph is dirty and overrated! no planning, tiny express roads and tiny streets....
where they dump filth in the middle of the road and people shit in gutters.

Confirmed

PORT HARCOURT is Nigeria's shithole
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by akinegba1: 10:48am On Apr 08, 2020
Poloyanabo1:
Yes bro you're correct, am from Ph!
Ph is littered by slums mostly inhabited by migrant Akwa ibom and people, there are slums even opposite the state secretariat.
But i hate the hidden intentions behind your post!

Confirmed cheesy
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 10, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Be precise bro!
Ijaws own Ph(Rivers Ijaw)
those slums were built for migrants(Ibo and Akwa Ibom)
you think the owner of a town would stoop so low as to live in Slums?

I'm Ijaw(Okrika) and i own some houses in those slums they're all rented by Ibo and Akwa Ibom people.

Then you are a liar. Your people Inhabits those slums please.
Re: Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES by ChinoElects: 8:17am On Apr 13, 2020
Kinematics, PORT HARCOURT is filled with shanties and slums. Port HARCOURT is a disgraceful village. Expect more cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders / The Crystal Service immigration Scam / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.