|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,886,455 members, 6,936,687 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 June 2022 at 01:51 PM
|My Observations Of The Covid-19 Pandemic In Nigeria by blaise26abj(m): 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2020|
Since the outbreak of the corona virus in China, I have closely monitored the pandemic. From China, South Korea, Japan , Italy , Uk , US and slowly but surely into Africa .
The federal government might have reacted late to prevent the entry into Nigeria and are trying to stem the spread with the help of our gallant ,but under appreciated, health care workers. Despite these efforts these are my observations.
1. Nigeria is currently capable of handling the corona virus cases it has at this present stage and figure.
2. The lockdowns are not really effective . People are still moving around and not observing social distancing ( lagos and abuja in particular)
3. Nigeria cannot handle the corona virus if the numbers of cases increases significantly . In fact I believe it will be a catastrophic disaster if it does .
4. How the virus will fare in tropical regions will be obvious pretty soon.
5. The socioeconomic situation in Nigeria will aid the spread and huge loss of life if it is not stymied on time .
6. Everyone who has some form of means should be ready to help those in dire need within their sphere of influence in coming days
Please let’s stay safe and help stop the spread .
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41