Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,310 members, 7,954,244 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:13 PM

My Observations Of The Covid-19 Pandemic In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Observations Of The Covid-19 Pandemic In Nigeria (293 Views)

JUTH Layoff 25 Doctors Amid COVID-19 Pandemic In Nigeria / Population Of Nigerians That Died During Spanish's Flu Pandemic In 1918 / Level Of Compliance On Social Distancing In Delta Amid COVID-19 Pandemic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Observations Of The Covid-19 Pandemic In Nigeria by blaise26abj(m): 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
Since the outbreak of the corona virus in China, I have closely monitored the pandemic. From China, South Korea, Japan , Italy , Uk , US and slowly but surely into Africa .

The federal government might have reacted late to prevent the entry into Nigeria and are trying to stem the spread with the help of our gallant ,but under appreciated, health care workers. Despite these efforts these are my observations.

1. Nigeria is currently capable of handling the corona virus cases it has at this present stage and figure.

2. The lockdowns are not really effective . People are still moving around and not observing social distancing ( lagos and abuja in particular)

3. Nigeria cannot handle the corona virus if the numbers of cases increases significantly . In fact I believe it will be a catastrophic disaster if it does .

4. How the virus will fare in tropical regions will be obvious pretty soon.

5. The socioeconomic situation in Nigeria will aid the spread and huge loss of life if it is not stymied on time .

6. Everyone who has some form of means should be ready to help those in dire need within their sphere of influence in coming days

Please let’s stay safe and help stop the spread .

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: New York Doctor Claims Covid-19 Is An Oxygen Deprivation Disease / 10 Deeps Questions About Corvid19 / Common Vegetables Gallery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.