Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare (1757 Views)

What I Benefited From Jonathan – Pastor Bakare / Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari / "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Abagworo(m): 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2011
fstrangest:

It is you who should free your mind
Stop reading tribalism and ethnocentricism into everything

I dont like GEJ
However, he is a better candidate, in totality, looking at his personal achievement of course, than those from the North.

Anyone can fight corruption using the institution of the Military to intimidate and brutalize people. The methods used by Buhari are no more acceptable in this age and time. Those were the same method, albeit selectively, used by OBJ that were and are still widely condemned. GEJ believes in the power and autonomy of the court, a concept alien to every fiber of Buhari's make-up

Please sir could you mention these achievements.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by fstrangest: 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2011
Abagworo:

Please sir could you mention these achievements.

I was talking about his educational achievement and his career as a teacher before venturing into politics

Obtaining a Ph.D is no small feat.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by rasputinn(m): 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2011
GEJ is the best candiddate thus far,the only other candidate that would have caught my fancy,unfortunately is a religious bigot,whose first agenda would be to seek to islamise Nigeria,that for me erodes any claim of his to democratic tenets.His name is either mahamadu or muhamadu Buhari
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by ekubear1: 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2011
texazzpete:

He is a pastor and member of PFN, and influential one for that matter. He should be condemning or at least speaking against what was going on. Doing nothing is shirking his duties as a 'Man of God'.
Was he a 'government agent' or 'policeman' when he campaigned for the transfer of power to GEJ as Acting President?
How do you know he hasn't? Or are you suggesting that speaking out against this obvious wrong should be what consumes most of his time and energies? You'll have to do better than that to justify him neglecting his duties. . . in fact, perhaps you should prepare a list of his duties so we can see what else he is punting on tongue In particular, what %age of his time should he be spending on politics versus witchhunts in Akwa Ibom, o thou expert on religious matters and duties?

The buck of security ultimately rests with GEJ, but he is not a miracle worker.
It took three weeks to catch the Washington Sniper in 2002, and this was with the combined efforts of the FBI, ATF, Secret Service, several police departments and a whole lot of media coverage. This was in America, a country with a massive fingerprints database, experienced forensics departments and technology and a wide network of surveillance cameras. And the breakthrough only came swiftly when the killers began carelessly releasing clues.
Yet you muppets expect GEJ to apprehend these bombers quickly, using the shoddy tools available to him?
What about preventing bombs? Or acting on information beforehand? Or inviting whoever it takes to do the work if you cannot? I'm tired of hearing excuses, I want results. And if GEJ is unable to deliver, step out of the way for someone who can.
And yes, we understand that the tools might be relatively mediocre. But a person with sense in their heads with inadequate tools usually seeks to improve them, rather than whining about their (lack of) quality. . .

You see that squiggly symbol beside what I wrote? That's called a 'question mark'. I was asking Gbawe who he felt was a better alternative. I cannot see where your 'foolish reasoning' comment comes from, I can only assume it's due to you consuming too much alcohol in this festive period. .
Your reasoning is foolish, because again you are trying to divert attention away from the job he is doing by attempting to imply that Atiku and Ribadu at not suitable alternatives. Hell, I'd much rather go with someone likely to fail (as you suggest Atiku and Ribadu are) than a known failure like GEJ. What is the point of sticking with a clear incompetent?

Once again, I'll remind you that i asked Gbawe a question as to what he'd have done differently. Was i providing any answer? You're just a dolt.
However, to answer your moronic post, there are tens of thousands of sites a bomb could have been planted in Jos. Despite massive manhunts, snipers were still able to gun down at least 3 more victims in Washington DC in North America. There's no guarantee that drafting 100,000 soldiers in Jos could have prevented those explosions. in fact, the odds are still very much with the bombers even if you have ten thousand troops on the streets of Jos.
Then no doubt we should just fold our hands and quit, since the problem is insurmountable. After all, all other countries in the world are as hapless and helpless in the face of insecurity and chaos as Nigeria. We should accept it as the norm. Israel for example is bombed all the time by Islamic terrorists. Osama Bin Laden bombs NYC every Tuesday, etc. . .

if Jonathan resigns, Sambo takes over. I take it you're providing a cast-iron guarantee that Sambo or David Mark or even yourself would do better?
Better to give an unknown the chance to fail than a known failure the chance to fail again.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Gbawe: 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2011
fstrangest:

GEJ believes in the power and autonomy of the court, a concept alien to every fiber of Buhari's make-up

Buhari does not believe in the autonomy of the Court yet he chose to challenge his electoral losses in Court twice? Why will Buhari use the service of the judicial system , if he does not believe in it, when he can just galvanise Almajiris to forment violence everywhere given the grassroot deity-like popularity he enjoys in the North?

This same Buhari stated openly and unequivocally , when Atiku and IBB hid, that the Nigerian constitution be respected so that Jonathan is sworn in as acting President almost immediately after Yar Adua was flown to Saudi Arabia. If you don't like Buhari fine but a little honesty would be appreciated . The man has acted like nothing but an outstanding statesman in recent memory and that is the truth.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Gbawe: 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2011
texazzpete:

Tunde Bakare was happy to stand idly by, doing nothing while card-carrying 'pastors' of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria were torturing and maiming kids in Akwa Ibom all in the name of 'witchcraft'. Where's the moral standing to criticize another man for not doing well in his day job?

You are sure of that ? Do you know of his efforts relating to what you speak about? Have you thought that Bakare may just be more vocal on the issue of the Presidency because , like most of us , he is now 100% sure that the effort to turn around Nigeria will be a fruitless one if not led by a great President ?

And what really is the alternative? Atiku? Ribadu?

Ribadu is a 100 times better than GEJ and there are others who are extremely competent also. The noise about "who is better" is defeatist and unambitious. It a lazy cop-out to explain how some folks have settled on , by his own admission, a "lucky" administrator who is not the best for the job. With some folks, the outrightly bigoted fear or dislike of Northern candidate makes them ready to accept stark mediocrity in the form of GEJ.

Oya, please tell me what you would have done to handle this bombing spree if you were president of Nigeria.

IMO, Jonathan is the cause of the condemnable bombings we are seeing. I personally believe it is those opposed to his ambition who are doing this. That said , I blame Jonathan squarely. He would have my enormous respect if he left the PDP to pursue his ambition next year in respect of his Party's zoning formula. Everyday, his PDP buddies  extort, frustrate and humiliate him because they know that his ambition is idieologically unpopular in the Party. Jonathan , egged on by treacherous men like OBJ and Anenih, deliberately and unpatriotically ignored the notion that there may be serious chaos if he forged ahead. Do you know the number of politicians who have testified that Jonathan assented to zoning on many occasion in their presence? Do you know the number who have said Jonathan is not honourable? Has it not occured to you , even if I don't endorse it, that this may be an effort by "do-or-die" and "operation totality" politicians to put the "ungentlemanly" and "dishonourable" GEJ in his place?

I have said it many times on Nairaland that GEJ will have it tough "usurping" power from the most clannish region in Nigeria. OBJ had his turn on behalf of the SW region and he now wants to use GEJ to truncate what he had benefited from. Come on dude , there is likely to be serious bad blood !!! We would not be seeing these bombings if GEJ had not listened to extremely selfish advice from those who are treachery personified. If I were in GEJ's shoes I would never have acted so selfishly and , in effect, I would not be putting Nigerians in danger uneccessarily with a selfish act instigated by a  lack of belief in my own ability to stand on my own two feet and fight like a gladiator .
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Nsiman(m): 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2011
Gbawe, are u cooing or babbling? It's senseless to me i don't knw if it makes sense to texxapete
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Gbawe: 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2011
Nsiman:

Gbawe, are u cooing or babbling? It's senseless to me i don't knw if it makes sense to texxapete

Ol boy , na yor own wahala be dat.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:47pm On Jan 02, 2011
Gbawe:

You are sure of that ? Do you know of his efforts relating to what you speak about? Have you thought that Bakare may just be more vocal on the issue of the Presidency because , like most of us , he is now 100% sure that the effort to turn around Nigeria will be a fruitless one if not led by a great President ?

Ribadu is a 100 times better than GEJ and there are others who are extremely competent also. The noise about "who is better" is defeatist and unambitious. It a lazy cop-out to explain how some folks have settled on , by his own admission, a "lucky" administrator who is not the best for the job. With some folks, the outrightly bigoted fear or dislike of Northern candidate makes them ready to accept stark mediocrity in the form of GEJ.

IMO, Jonathan is the cause of the condemnable bombings we are seeing. I personally believe it is those opposed to his ambition who are doing this. That said , I blame Jonathan squarely. He would have my enormous respect if he left the PDP to pursue his ambition next year in respect of his Party's zoning formula. Everyday, his PDP buddies  extort, frustrate and humiliate him because they know that his ambition is idieologically unpopular in the Party. Jonathan , egged on by treacherous men like OBJ and Anenih, deliberately and unpatriotically ignored the notion that there may be serious chaos if he forged ahead. Do you know the number of politicians who have testified that Jonathan assented to zoning on many occasion in their presence? Do you know the number who have said Jonathan is not honourable? Has it not occured to you , even if I don't endorse it, that this may be an effort by "do-or-die" and "operation totality" politicians to put the "ungentlemanly" and "dishonourable" GEJ in his place?

I have said it many times on Nairaland that GEJ will have it tough "usurping" power from the most clannish region in Nigeria. OBJ had his turn on behalf of the SW region and he now wants to use GEJ to truncate what he had benefited from. Come on dude , there is likely to be serious bad blood !!! We would not be seeing these bombings if GEJ had not listened to extremely selfish advice from those who are treachery personified. If I were in GEJ's shoes I would never have acted so selfishly and , in effect, I would not be putting Nigerians in danger uneccessarily with a selfish act instigated by a  lack of belief in my own ability to stand on my own two feet and fight like a gladiator .

Spoken like a true Nigerian, its sad that the SS is currently being affected with Short sightedness, if GEJ wins then its doom for the SS and SW because without the North they do not have the numbers to win an election. If it comes down to one man one vote? I shudder at the thought of that.
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by texazzpete(m): 12:20am On Jan 03, 2011
Gbawe:

Yep. I'm sure of this. It isn't really Bakare alone, practically all the big guns in the PFN turned a blind eye to this. We can leave this topic if you like

Gbawe:

I did not ask "who is better", neither did i say there are no alternatives to Jonathan. I asked for the alternatives. I don't agree with your 'defeatist' and 'unambitious' statement. it's a democracy and you need to actually CHOOSE who your vote goes to. There's perfect sense in weighing what the alternatives bring to the table before casting your vote.
I have little love for Nuhu Ribadu, a man who i consider to have aided and abetted corruption in his time in office. Dishonourably lying about a fake assassination attempt as a means to flee Nigeria does not rank high in my list. Not to mention his hypocrisy on Bode George (Gave the man a clean bill of health in 2006, began crowing in 2009 that he began the process to bring Bode George to justice), his refusal to prosecute hardened thieves in OBJ's in caucus (Anenih, Iyabo Obasanjo, Bode George, Mr. Uba etc). I also do not feel he brings enough experience to the table.
I need not say anything on Atiku.

Gbawe:

I cannot agree with your logic. Jonathan is free to contest for whatever office he aspires to. If any terrorist or criminal elements decides to truncate his ambition using terrorist acts, the blame must be placed squarely at the feet of the miscreants.
When Goodluck took the decision to contest, there were no bombing envisaged. In fact, we can only blame MEND for introducing bombings to the rest of the miscreants in Nigeria, including Boko Haram. If Jonathan pulls out now, it's a victory for the terrorists and a very bad precedence. We can't have that, can we?
Re: I Will Not Vote For Jonathan – Pastor Bakare by Abagworo(m): 12:31am On Jan 03, 2011

I cannot agree with your logic. Jonathan is free to contest for whatever office he aspires to. If any terrorist or criminal elements decides to truncate his ambition using terrorist acts, the blame must be placed squarely at the feet of the miscreants.
When Goodluck took the decision to contest, there were no bombing envisaged. In fact, we can only blame MEND for introducing bombings to the rest of the miscreants in Nigeria, including Boko Haram. If Jonathan pulls out now, it's a victory for the terrorists and a very bad precedence. We can't have that, can we?

Well said but he is not competent enough to bring the desired change.That however does not stop him from contesting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dead Police Officers Get N500, 000 Insurance Claims. / Nigeria Is Very Bad, Very, Very Baad. Nigeria Prostitute In Italy / Jonathan Borrows 1billion Naira Monthly: El Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.