Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

COVID-19 : This Is How Vaccine Works - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 : This Is How Vaccine Works (545 Views)

Covid Vaccine Works Against South African Variant Is Effective After 6 Months / Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys / Highlights Of Sanwo-olu's Press Briefing On COVID-19 This Evening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19 : This Is How Vaccine Works by flyinnizam(m): 10:58am On Apr 07, 2020
Vaccines are like a training course for the immune system. They prepare the body to fight disease without exposing it to disease symptoms.
When foreign invaders such as bacteria or
viruses enter the body, immune cells called lymphocytes respond by producing antibodies, which are protein molecules. These antibodies fight the invader known as an antigen and protect against further infection. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a healthy individual can produce millions of antibodies a day, fighting infection so efficiently that people never even know they were exposed to an antigen.
Unfortunately, the first time the body faces a particular invader , it can take several days to ramp up this antibody response. For really nasty antigens like the measles virus or whooping cough bacteria, a few days is too long. The infection can spread and kill the person before the immune system can fight back.
That's where vaccines come in. According to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Vaccine Education Center, vaccines are made of dead or weakened antigens. They can't cause an infection, but the immune system still sees them as an enemy and produces antibodies in response. After the threat has passed, many of the antibodies will break down, but immune cells called memory cells remain in the body. When the body encounters that antigen again, the memory cells produce antibodies fast and strike down the invader before it's too late.
Vaccines also work on a community level. Some people can't be vaccinated, either because they are too young, or because their immune systems are too weak, according to the CDC. But if everyone around them is vaccinated, unvaccinated people are protected by something called
herd immunity . In other words, they're unlikely to even come in contact with the disease, so they probably won't get sick. When it comes to vaccines, sometimes it can pay to follow the crowd.

source
https://www.livescience.com/32617-how-do-vaccines-work.html

https://www.publichealth.org/public-awareness/understanding-vaccines/vaccines-work/

dominique
Sissy3
Re: COVID-19 : This Is How Vaccine Works by Skyfornia(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2020
sad
Re: COVID-19 : This Is How Vaccine Works by bjgurl(f): 11:05am On Apr 07, 2020
By boosting immunity you can as well consider SEED NUTRITION.
Black seed is said to be cure for all diseases except death.
That being said, it's a brilliant anti-inflammatory effect that work and bind perfectly to the cells and defend the cell from more damage and as well an repair the damage cells.
It's an inhibitor.
It fight against Free radical cells and disrupt their formation.
If you want some, I mean black seed oil
Cold press, undiluted
Check my signature
If you as well in need of supply of black seed for consumption or consultations, check my signature.
You can never go wrong with seed nutrition.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 : This Is How Vaccine Works by DaCharis2016: 3:25am On May 05, 2020
bjgurl:
By boosting immunity you can as well consider SEED NUTRITION.
Black seed is said to be cure for all diseases except death.
That being said, it's a brilliant anti-inflammatory effect that work and bind perfectly to the cells and defend the cell from more damage and as well an repair the damage cells.
It's an inhibitor.
It fight against Free radical cells and disrupt their formation.
If you want some, I mean black seed oil
Cold press, undiluted
Check my signature
If you as well in need of supply of black seed for consumption or consultations, check my signature.
You can never go wrong with seed nutrition.
I need original, undiluted one as u mentioned, pls.
Re: COVID-19 : This Is How Vaccine Works by bjgurl(f): 5:15am On May 05, 2020
DaCharis2016:
Of course I can get it for you
Please do reach me via my signature or email
Re: COVID-19 : This Is How Vaccine Works by bjgurl(f): 9:45pm On May 06, 2020
DaCharis2016:
How do I reach out to you
Re: COVID-19 : This Is How Vaccine Works by DaCharis2016: 5:34am On May 07, 2020
bjgurl:

How do I reach out to you
WhatsApp we.me/2349079169457

(1) (Reply)

Orthopedic Surgery Experts / Meet the Nigerian Doctor leading a research on COVID-19 treatment in the US / Black People Are Murdered In New York Without Testing Them Positive Or Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.