Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,228 members, 7,953,865 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. (859 Views)

1,000 Herd Of Cattle Invade Osun, Motorist, Shop Owners Flee On Seeing Herdsmen / Who Has Seen This?Herd Of Carmels Seen In Lagos. / Atiku Getting Justice In Court Is Difficult But Not Impossible by Soibi Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. by Toks2008(m): 7:25pm On Apr 07, 2020
As we already know, this is a viral infection and like every other Flu virus, it is very difficult to contain and getting a cure to it is extremely difficult.

It is scarier that no matter how long we stay at home, there is no guaranty that the Virus will just decide to leave someday but staying at home will only slow down the spread but will never stop it. The Virus might linger long enough to start another circle of infection once everybody regains the freedom to go out to start our normal routine...in other words. staying at home is more of a delay tactic to reduce the mortality and pathogenicity of the virus.

So What is the possible solution?

In my own view, there are two possible solutions we all must brace up for...

1. That a cure or vaccine is found quickly so that life can get back to normal.

2. If the vaccine is not developed within a couple of months from now, the economy of many countries will collapse so the other option we have to forge ahead is for Governments all over the world must up their games to ensure prompt testing for everybody to know those who have had it and recovered and probably will be identified by a card cos they must have developed a natural immunity to the virus and everybody must follow strict rules to prevent the infection whilst effective contact tracing must be put in place by the health system and then the Government all around the world should allow people go about their normal businesses without any restrictions.

The Virus will infect as many people as possible and many will develop natural immunity to it and those who show symptoms will get isolated and treated for the symptoms(Not the Virus) promptly and unfortunately many will lose their lives which unfortunately is very inevitable ..

The biggest weapon in implementing Herd immunity is for people to follow strict rules to prevent infection like washing of hands, using a good face-mask with proper hygiene and avoid touching objects outside or touching our faces with unwashed hands and most of all, Boosting our immunity and that of our children in the best possible ways... As long as we follow these rules, the virus will bounce about without infecting many people until it fades away into the abyss of history.

In the end, a balance will be created and the Virus will lose its potency then life will be back to normal and the virus will be heard of no more...THIS IS CALLED HERD IMMUNITY.

Unfortunately, these are the two options we have else we will just stay at home forever until we all die of hunger or the world economy totally collapses.

My candid opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. by Toks2008(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2020
Lalasticlala please let's see what people have to say to this.
Re: Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. by Toks2008(m): 8:33pm On Apr 07, 2020
Toks2008:
Lalasticlala please let's see what people have to say to this.

I guess I should reference Seun and Mynd44 too.

Let's see people's opinion on this Very sensitive issue.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03am On Apr 10, 2020
A school of thought shared by many.
Re: Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 7:19am On Apr 10, 2020
Didn't you hear those you recovered from the virus became reinfected?

We don't have enough test kits...

Only God can save us now.
Re: Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. by Toks2008(m): 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hofbrauhaus:
Didn't you hear those you recovered from the virus became reinfected?

We don't have enough test kits...

Only God can save us now.

The chance of having a Reinfection is minimal but not totally impossible.

Usually once you catch an infection and you recover, you become immune to that infection for a very long time.

I wonder why Lalasticlala has not found this front page worthy.

Let's discuss a way forward.
Re: Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. by Cholls(m): 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
My brother I just sneezed.
Re: Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. by Toks2008(m): 7:28am On Apr 16, 2020
Cholls:
My brother I just sneezed.

LOL! Pele
Re: Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. by Toks2008(m): 11:44am On May 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
A school of thought shared by many.

True.
Re: Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. by Toks2008(m): 11:46am On May 04, 2020
As Lock down is eased today in Lagos with over 22million residents, the battle against Covid has started and it may interest you all that *Herd immunity* has automatically set in.

It means as many people as possible will be infected with the virus and possibly build a natural immunity against it without showing any symptoms while some may fatally succumb to it and of course some will have mild symptoms.

Every one in Lagos must fall into one of these categories so it is up to you to strive to be in a favourable group and the best bet is to follow strict rules to avoid contracting the virus and as I always reiterate... Pray to GOD for the ultimate protection.

Herd immunity seems to be the only way to stop the spread for now and I pray that none of us reading this will be among those who will pay the ultimate price for the battle against the invisible enemy.

Stay Face.

Lalasticlala i strongly believe this should be beamed.
Re: Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. by Avalancheman: 11:48am On May 04, 2020
I agree! Nevertheless, may we and our loved not be part of the deceased.

Life just has to go on.

The sham lockdowns didn't work! They can't work!! kiss
Re: Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. by sapientia(m): 12:42pm On May 04, 2020
Do you know how many strains out there?
Re: Opinion: Herd Immunity, the difficult but realistic way to stop Covid-19. by Toks2008(m): 12:50pm On May 04, 2020
sapientia:
Do you know how many strains out there?

No matter the strains, Herd immunity will take care of it as long as many people adhere to strict rules of preventing the virus.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Late COS, Abba Kyari Told Me To Sack Joy Nunieh – Akpabio Reveals / Will Nigeria Survive Beyond 2023? / Senator Ifeanyi Ubah And (anambra Progressive) Building Ultra Modern Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.