Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,416 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Boko Haram Declares Jihad On Chad!!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Declares Jihad On Chad!!! (6753 Views)

President Buhari Gets Update On Chad’s Transition / Terrorist Blows Himself Up In Mali And Declares Jihad On Ghana / Buhari Appoints Babagana Kingibe As Special Envoy On Chad, Lake Chad Basin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Declares Jihad On Chad!!! by idealogical: 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
Nigerianization:

You lack the ability to understand simple things and I don't blame you. Why not counter Shekau's statement. How did imam of peace get into the mix? Maybe you are yet to forgive him for dragging your master out of his hole to address Nigerians.
Why equate buhari with Nigeria now that he is in power and not do so earlier with Jonathan when buhari himself threatened to make the country 'ungovernable'?
Does that not expose your hypocrisy?
Those who blindly support buhari are patriots but those who supported Jonathan during his time are thieves right??
You BUHARIDEENS use the word HATE anything your buharigod is criticised even though you used more hateful words on Jonathan during his time.

Away from buhari and Nigeria.
That someone made a point doesn't necessarily mean he or she is saying the truth. So don't misquote me. Counter Shekau by telling us how peaceful your prophet was and the brand of Islam he handed down to scholars who passed it down to Shekau.
Don't be abusive,
Don't use diversionary tactics
Don't be sentimental
Just attack the point, not the person.
[/s]

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/troops-repel-terrorists-attack-in-borno.html

This is what our gallant troops and warriors just did to your Boko terrorist friends..

God bless our troops.

Re: Boko Haram Declares Jihad On Chad!!! by idealogical: 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
We appreciate their heroic efforts and service to the motherland.

Re: Boko Haram Declares Jihad On Chad!!! by idealogical: 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
We kill boko terrorists and take away their weapons every day,

Re: Boko Haram Declares Jihad On Chad!!! by Nigerianization(m): 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
idealogical:
[s][/s]

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/troops-repel-terrorists-attack-in-borno.html

This is what our gallant troops and warriors just did to your Boko terrorist friends..

God bless our troops.

God bless our troops.. They are the real victims in all of this.. Their commanders are feeding fat off the war on terror. The fate of Alex Badeh awaits them.

But you can make your point without being stupid
Stop proving me right, once I see maturity in you, I'll apologize. Until then, you are stupid for asserting that I am friends with terrorists.
Idiot
Re: Boko Haram Declares Jihad On Chad!!! by Bukky244: 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
LivingSage:
We have times without number tell you people what contains in Qur'an, Hadith/Sunnah (deeds of the holy Prophet), siirat(stories) are quite different from their doings but you'll still refuse that it's not as if you know our Religion than us.
In Islam, u don't commit suicide, suicide bombers does! Do not kill a soul that is forbidden to be killed (meaning if you were not killed by people of other Faith, don't kill them), didn't they violate this law? Do not call any Muslim (that offers obligatory prayers) unbeliever, anyone that is not BH member are unbelievers! Who are we now deceiving? The Holy Prophet NEVER KILLED A SOUL, they NEVER fought a war then other than DEFENSIVE WAR. So they're doing what is not even preached and did by the holy Prophet (pbuh)

Secondly, Media are quick to name any tout Muslims terrorist but fails to do so for Christian touts. How many times as Americans shoots people in Texas alone not to talk of whole US! Were they called terrorist?! New zealander that shots dozens of Muslims to death was never named terrorist! You now see media and World hypocrisy.

Thanks for your response. While you are trying to enlighten us about your religion, you mistakenly/ignorantly claimed the prophet never killed a soul. That is not correct. Mohammed fought personally in more than 28 wars (Ghuzwa) and sent troops to 54 others which others. He ordered the torture of Kinana ibn al-Rabi ibn Abu al-Huqayq of Banu Nadir (Sunah Abu Dawud 19:3000) to disclose the location of alleged hidden treasures, he later beheaded him.

I think there is a lot of misinformation about Islam. Lets read more, thousands of materials are now available online for us to read and better understand Islam.
Re: Boko Haram Declares Jihad On Chad!!! by airmark(m): 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bukky244:

Thanks for your response. While you are trying to enlighten us about your religion, you mistakenly/ignorantly claimed the prophet never killed a soul. That is not correct. Mohammed fought personally in more than 28 wars (Ghuzwa) and sent troops to 54 others which others. He ordered the torture of Kinana ibn al-Rabi ibn Abu al-Huqayq of Banu Nadir (Sunah Abu Dawud 19:3000) to disclose the location of alleged hidden treasures, he later beheaded him.

I think there is a lot of misinformation about Islam. Lets read more, thousands of materials are now available online for us to read and better understand Islam.

Looking for a counter to her claim, thanks for this post. Where's advocatejare?
Re: Boko Haram Declares Jihad On Chad!!! by LivingSage: 2:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
This is what I said. You all like to ascribe what's not it to Islam BY FORCE.
He participated in 28 doesn't mean he ever killed a soul. So, no evidence.
And the Hadith you're twisting, the man ibn Abdul Huqayq stole war bounties and lied it was spent for war related purposes. The bounties was found later and he was asked to be killed as he has violated LAID DOWN RULES. That's munaafiq traits in Islam and in Islamic jurisprudence, a munaafiq ought to be killed.
meanwhile, he wasn't killed by Holy Prophet himself

Explain this as well:
1 Samuel 15:3-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

Now go and attack[a] Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ ”

Check this out as well:

On Jihad or "Holy War"

Chapter 2, verse 190: "Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loves not transgressors." This portion of the Qur'an was written in about 606 C.E., when the Prophet Muhammad and his followers were under attack in the city of Medinah, says Imam Yahya Hendi, a Qur'anic scholar who is the Muslim chaplain at Georgetown University. There, they had established their own state. But various coalitions of non-Muslim tribes--including Christians, Jews, atheists and animists--continued to go to war with them. This portion of the Qur'an explains their reasoning behind striking back.

The passage actually refers to a defensive war. "You fight back. You go as far as it takes to stop the aggression but you do not go beyond that. So if you have to, you go as far as fighting verbally to get someone out of your home--but you don't shoot him after he is out. You don't keep going on with it--only if you are attacked, if there is an oppression applied to you. The idea is that justice prevails. You don't fight because you enjoy fighting, but because there is an oppression.

"It could be military force or [in today's world] it could be media force, writing against you. But when the hostilities are over and the enemy offers a peace treaty, you should submit. Muslims are obliged to submit to a peace treaty offered by the enemy. You don't keep fighting."

Al-Hajj Talib 'Abdur-Rashid, imam of the Mosque of Islamic Brotherhood in Harlem, says the word jihad has its origin in the verb jahada which means to struggle, to fight. The word has a few different connotations, since struggle can occur on several levels.

"Muslims understand these levels based not only on the words of Allah in the Qur'an, but also on the authentic statements of the Prophet Muhammad as recorded in our oral traditions, preserved as hadith," he says. According to 'Abdur-Rashid, there are three levels of jihad:

Personal Jihad: The most excellent jihad is that of the soul. This jihad, called the Jihadun-Nafs, is the intimate struggle to purify the soul of satanic influence--both subtle and overt. It is the struggle to cleanse one's spirit of sin. This is the most important level of jihad.

Verbal Jihad: On another occasion, the Prophet said, "The most excellent jihad is the speaking of truth in the face of a tyrant." He encouraged raising one's voice in the name of Allah on behalf of justice.

Physical Jihad: This is combat waged in defense of Muslims against oppression and transgression by the enemies of Allah, Islam and Muslims. We are commanded by Allah to lead peaceful lives and not transgress against anyone, but also to defend ourselves against oppression by "fighting against those who fight against us." This "jihad with the hand" is the aspect of jihad that has been so profoundly misunderstood in today's world.

On Non-Muslims

Chapter 2, verse 256: "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things."

This passage has been cited to justify expelling non-Muslims from Muslim countries. But Imam Hendi says that not only does the Qur'an avoid any such suggestion, it even prohibits aggressive efforts to convert. "No Muslim is allowed to go out and force people to become Muslim. In the early days of Islam, Jews came to Islam and had younger children and asked Muhammad if they could force Islam on their children because they are younger. This verse [which was] revealed to him says that there can be no compulsion on other religions. This is very clear.

"I have had people come to my office and say they wanted to convert to Islam. I talked to them and it turned out they just weren't happy in their own faiths. So I said, no, go back to your own faith."

What's more, fundamentalist Muslims seldom site the passages of the Qur'an which are quite religious pluralistic. For instance, chapter 2, verse 46, says: "And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, 'We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam).'"

People of the Book is the term Muslims use to refer to Jews and Christians. "This is the most-viewed verse in terms of how we talk to non-Muslims. We have common ground between us and them," says Imam Hendi.

On Martyrdom:

Chapter 3, verse 169: "Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord."

Chapter 3, verse 172: "Of those who answered the call of Allah and the Messenger, even after being wounded, those who do right and refrain from wrong have a great reward."

Does Islam have a special emphasis on martyrdom? Those who believe so often look at these verses. Imam Hendi says there is, indeed, a special place for those who die in the service of God, though that service needs to be of a different sort than that provided by terrorists. "Suppose I'm on the pulpit teaching and giving my sermon," says Imam Hendi. "If someone shoots me because of what I'm saying about God, the Qur'an says I'm not really dead because I'm with God. If I'm feeding the poor, and calling for justice, I can't be called dead. My soul is alive and God sustains me."

"If you are a teacher in a school and you die while teaching, you are a martyr. If you die while doing a service for people, you are a martyr. If I am traveling on American Airlines 700 going to London for a conference or to learn something, if that plane, God forbid, crashes, I am a martyr. Travelers for learning are martyrs.

So to claim martyr status, all terrorists have to do is convince themselves that they are fighting for "justice," which is, of course, highly subjective. "They say that America is the leader of injustice worldwide because of the embargo against Afghanistan, and the thousands of people suffering in Iraq. Some people think America has a double standard when it comes to the Middle East and Israel. [Terrorists] think if they hurt Americans, they serve the cause of justice. They use these verses," says Imam Hendi.

But the Qur'an has just as many passages describing how martyrdom cannot cause harm to others. "The prophet Muhammad said, 'Do not attack a temple, a church, a synagogue. Do not bring a tree or a plant down. Do not harm a horse or a camel. He went on and on in detail about what Muslims cannot do."

On Terrorism and Violence

Obviously the Qur'an doesn't condone terrorism, though Muhammed was the leader of a military force and therefore used violence. "In the West," writes scholar Karen Armstrong in her book, Muhammad, "we often imagine Muhammad as a warlord, brandishing his sword in order to impose Islam on a reluctant world by force of arms. The reality was quite different. Muhammad and the first Muslims were fighting for their lives, and they had also undertaken a project in which violence was inevitable."

It is true, she says, that unlike Christianity, Islam's leader was not a pacifist. "Islam fights tyranny and injustice. A Muslim may feel that he has a sacred duty to champion the weak and the oppresed," she writes. "Fighting and warfare might sometimes be necessary, but it was only a minor part of the whole jihad or struggle. A well-known tradition (hadith) has Muhammad say on returning from a battle, 'We return from the little jihad to the greater jihad,' the more difficult and crucial effort to conquer the forces of evil in oneself and and in one's own society in all the details of daily life."

While there are passages in the Qur'an, like the Old Testament of the Bible, that celebrate military victory, the overall gestalt of the Qur'an promotes a more restrained view. Chapter 5, verse 32, for instance, states: "On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person--unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land--it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people."

That passages places a great value on the sanctity of a single life. "If you kill one person it's as if you kill all humanity," says Imam Hendi.

Indeed, Hendi says, the Qur'an goes one step further in chapter 8, verse 61, "But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah."
Bukky244:

Re: Boko Haram Declares Jihad On Chad!!! by advocatejare(m): 3:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
airmark:

Looking for a counter to her claim, thanks for this post. Where's advocatejare?
He fought in many battles and killed people.

He ordered people with dissenting voices to be murdered

He ordered apostates to be killed

He supervised the beheading of about 800 Jews in one day just because they identified him as a false prophet.

Bukhari 5:59:369
Narrated By Jabir bin 'Abdullah
Allah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes," Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it." Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Kab and said, "That man (i.e. Muhammad demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat) from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you." On that, Kab said, "By Allah, you will get tired of him!"

Bukhari 5:59:370
Muhammad the assassin
Narrated By Al-Bara bin Azib
Allah's Apostle sent a group of persons to Abu Rafi. Abdullah bin Atik entered his house at night, while he was sleeping, and killed him.

Muhammad even confirmed that he killed people, he spoke in anger when he had his tooth broken during a battle

Bukhari 5:59:400
Narrated By Abu Huraira
Allah's Apostle (pointing to his broken canine tooth) said, "Allah's Wrath has become severe on the people who harmed His Prophet. Allah's Wrath has become severe on the man who is killed by the Apostle of Allah in Allah's Cause."
Re: Boko Haram Declares Jihad On Chad!!! by airmark(m): 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
advocatejare:

He fought in many battles and killed people.

He ordered people with dissenting voices to be murdered

He ordered apostates to be killed

He supervised the beheading of about 800 Jews in one day just because they identified him as a false prophet.

Muhammad even confirmed that he killed people, he spoke in anger when he had his tooth broken during a battle

I admire your wide knowledge of Islam. I hope livingsage will have something to say.

Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Declares Jihad On Chad!!! by advocatejare(m): 4:34pm On Apr 09, 2020
airmark:

I admire your wide knowledge of Islam. I hope livingsage will have something to say.

Kudos.
Thank you
Re: Boko Haram Declares Jihad On Chad!!! by Bukky244: 4:50pm On Apr 09, 2020
LivingSage:

1. This is what I said. You all like to ascribe what's not it to Islam BY FORCE.
2. Al-Hajj Talib 'Abdur-Rashid, imam of the Mosque of Islamic Brotherhood in Harlem, says the word jihad has its origin in the verb jahada which means to struggle, to fight. The word has a few different connotations, since struggle can occur on several levels.

1. He led more than 28 battles personally, and sent soldiers to more than 54 other. He even said fighting is prescribed for every Muslim and that it is good for them (Quran 2:216). The person who gives the command to shoot/kill is also a killer. I hope you know?
2. What explanation do you seek in the book of Samuel you quoted?
3. Al-Hajj Talib 'Abdur-Rashid is doing what you are doing, defend the religion. We dont expect him to tell us the truth about Islam. By the way, what is he doing in Great Satans kingdom (USA, according to Muslim terrorists)? Hope he is not trying to subvert their society?
4. You have shared peaceful verses (Meccan Ayas that have been abrograted and replaced with other ones), please share how Mohammed led by example from the Sunnah and Sirat. Most times, he said one thing in the Quran and does another thing in the Hadith and Sirat. That is why Muslims are ashamed of the Hadiths and Sirat.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Restrains Ebonyi PDP Caretaker Committee From Parading Themselves As EXCOS / The Killing Of Deborah Has Increased The Insults on Mohammed / Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.