Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Dubai Shopping Festival - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai Shopping Festival (1980 Views)

Dubai Shopping Festival (PIX Uploaded) / Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? / Dubai Shopping Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai Shopping Festival by amarula(f): 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2011
please can anyone give me details about this festival and if this is a good time to go and buy things to sell. also what is the quality of things sold in dubai. rates on visa,hotels and air tickets. thanks
Re: Dubai Shopping Festival by orbaxy(m): 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2011
are you shopping for yourself or for trading? Am in Dubai and can advise. Hotels are graded, you can find cheap hotels (8k equivalent) in Deira, Dubai.
ask specific questions let me answer.
Re: Dubai Shopping Festival by amarula(f): 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2011
orbaxy hi

am shopping to sell, these r my questions;

is this a good time to come and what other times of the year is okay to go to shop?

what is the quality of goods generally?

how long will i have to say?

do i need someone to show me around?

cab rates?

how much minimum in naira would be sensible to budget to be able to make profit?

thanks
Re: Dubai Shopping Festival by orbaxy(m): 7:51am On Jan 03, 2011
Sure. Dubai is an all-year-round shopping spree destination. You can shop anytime. there are discounted malls.
You have to know that Dubai is a free trade zone hub, alot of goods sold in dubai are brought in from mostly Asia, then Europe. You can find all sorts of qualities. It all depends on what you want and what you budget. i once bought a shoe for 20 dhirams. Thats about 800 naira. it was made in china, quite fashionable but lasted only 8 months before the sole pulled out. cry i just wanted to have the fill of a chinese product. grin

talking about someone showing you around, there are more than 1000 Nigerians (particularly Igbo boys) who specialize in that. but i must warn you, you need to be very careful. There have been cases of bag snatching, fraud etc. Just pick a cab from the airport to Deira park hotel, you'll think you're in Onitcha.

cabs have a base rate of 10 dhs in Dubai, but metering (distance covered) is applied when this is exceeded. i dont think you need much of that. you just pick a cab from the airport to deira park hotel (base of Nigerian traders) it will cost you about 35dhs. you can find cheap hotels around (from 7 - 8 thousand naira a night) you'll find people ready to show you around for a token. I wouldnt know your budget but i know some people come here with about $1800 - $2000 and they still make profit. All you need to do is to have something in mind while coming, make your trip as short as possible (4 days is enough unless you want to go sight-seeing) and look for a cheap flight ( ethiopian airways, southern china airways before considering emirates). Anyway, once you're here, you'll figure out what to do.
Re: Dubai Shopping Festival by orbaxy(m): 7:51am On Jan 03, 2011
Good luck dear
Re: Dubai Shopping Festival by amarula(f): 7:44pm On Jan 03, 2011
thanks so much, u've bin of great help. will kip u posted
Re: Dubai Shopping Festival by mickyj: 1:29pm On Jan 10, 2011
yea a good time to shop in Dubai at 80% discount

(1) (Reply)

Which European Country Is Best For Holiday? / My Dear Abuja People, How Far Is Zuba From Wuse Zone 5? / Munich Airport Redesigns Hanger's Door To Take World's Largest Passengers Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.