Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Dubai Shopping Tips - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai Shopping Tips (5708 Views)

Dubai Shopping Festival (PIX Uploaded) / Anyone Here Going For The Dubai Shopping Festival? / Dubai Shopping Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai Shopping Tips by AK123(m): 9:26pm On Aug 28, 2009
hi guys,please i need tips on shopping in dubai?where to have good bargains?etc thanks

1 Like

Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 28, 2009
Depends on what u wanna buy. . . For instance you get the best deals on Gold at the Dubai Gold Souk. . . I don't think I'd buy anything in Dubai asides Gold anyway undecided
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by AK123(m): 7:56am On Aug 29, 2009
thanks jassie.bottom line gold=gold souk
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by AK123(m): 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2009
talking of clothes ,phones, where do i get good bargains
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by mattfeuter(m): 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2009
Emirates Mall or the Emirates High Street,
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by Naijagirly(f): 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2009
You can get good bargains for clothes at Al Ghurair Centre near deira.The mall is not as large as emirates mall and you can browse it all in about 2 hours .For good bargains on phones try Jumbo store @ Century Mall.for Shoes try Viauno @ century mall also;its a brazillian store and their shoes are built to last.
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by sholatech(m): 3:43am On Sep 24, 2009
@Naijagirly,
Great references here.Im yet to go to these places you mentioned but will give them a try in october. I had assumed nothing is cheap in dubai because most of the clothes,female suits, phones and electronics i bought were expensive!
Can i have your email so i can exchange some reference pricing with you?
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by Naijagirly(f): 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2009
for female suits and shirts try the ECCO shop in Al ghurair mall, They have nice stuffs and the prices are right,
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by sholatech(m): 8:35am On Sep 29, 2009
@Naijagirly
Great reference once again as i havent checked these shops before,
Are u in dubai anytime in october??
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by Naijagirly(f): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2009
Mid October Yes;but not sure of the dates yet,
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by feasy1(m): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2009
Sholatech, when will u be in Dubai?

Naijagirly, nice one there,

Will look up some of those tomorrow, will be off to Dubai after close of work for the weekend
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by Naijagirly(f): 9:20am On Oct 07, 2009
@ Feasy1 if you are looking for bargains on male footwear there is a shop on the upper level of century mall I can't seem to place the name now.They have good male shoes .Its brazilian and vietnam built and they really last.I buy male shoes there and the prices are btw 100dirhams to 300dirhams thats $30-$80.There is also a giordano shop on the lower level and you can try for male jeans and underwear.Giordano products are nice and economical.For other things try Al Ghurair Centre cos thats where you will get the best bargains.If you looking into furniture try IKEA store.You will be suprised at the prices.My best bargain was a TV stand I bought about a year ago.I got it for about $40 and even though I had to cargo it it was still worth it.They have loads of stuff for all parts of the house to the garden.Also a warning don't buy any electronics in Deira.
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by feasy1(m): 10:37am On Oct 07, 2009
Thanks Naijagirly, you've been of immense help, I'd been searching where to get good footwears, will definitely look up Century Mall. 30 to 80USD is amazing for good male shoes. I bought furnitures already, was a pity i couldnt make the trip to IKEA then but will give them a shot soon for an upgrade, IKEA has been tried and tested while i was in Europe.

Thanks for the recommendation. Should hit the road in 2 hours
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by sholatech(m): 2:23am On Oct 14, 2009
@Naijagirl
Please where is Ikea located in Dubai?The girl i travelled with in august didnt know the place.i asked him severally!
Any date fixed for your trip yet?
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by feasy1(m): 5:16am On Oct 14, 2009
HI , Shola,
I was in Dubai over the weekend and I saw IKEA along the road to DEIRA, I have forgotten the exact name of the location but trust the Taxis will be able to help out.

Good luck man
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by Naijagirly(f): 2:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
IKEA is located in festival city
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by bluespice(f): 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2009
mattfeuter:

Emirates Mall or the Emirates High Street,
where is emirates high street? shocked shocked
chei!
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by bluespice(f): 9:21pm On Oct 15, 2009
Naijagirly:

@ Feasy1 if you are looking for bargains on male footwear there is a shop on the upper level of century mall I can't seem to place the name now.They have good male shoes .Its brazilian and vietnam built and they really last.I buy male shoes there and the prices are btw 100dirhams to 300dirhams thats $30-$80.There is also a giordano shop on the lower level and you can try for male jeans and underwear.Giordano products are nice and economical.For other things try Al Ghurair Centre cos thats where you will get the best bargains.If you looking into furniture try IKEA store.You will be suprised at the prices.My best bargain was a TV stand I bought about a year ago.I got it for about $40 and even though I had to cargo it it was still worth it.They have loads of stuff for all parts of the house to the garden.Also a warning don't buy any electronics in Deira.

when u say deira, u mean em sabkha areas yeah?
cos if ur buying from deira city center it should be aiite
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by promise2(f): 9:41pm On Oct 15, 2009
Hi NAIJAGIRLY,

You really give detailed info on Dubai, could you kindly give me ur email, i want to drop you few lines. i want to do some biz/ runs in Dubai i need experience person like you.though i work now but thinking seriously abt Dubai.
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by mamagee6(f): 2:18am On Oct 16, 2009
I love shopping in Dubai. kiss
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by Naijagirly(f): 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2009
@bluespice I meant Sabkkah area to Fij murrah(bad spelling) not Deira city centre.
@Promise my email is naijagirly@yahoo.com
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by Busybody2(f): 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2009
Karama market, heavenly bliss cool cool cool
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by bluespice(f): 6:34am On Oct 20, 2009
Busy_body:

Karama market, heavenly bliss cool cool cool
wow, karama? bliss? embarassed
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by rawe45: 10:13pm On Oct 20, 2009
I want to travel to Dubai this december?? how do i go about it as i have never been to the country before,
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by bluespice(f): 12:17am On Oct 21, 2009
where are you?
look for the closest UAE embassy or consulate around you they should be able to help.
What nationality are you? some nationals do not need visas to travel to the UAE although, there is a stipulated time for them to leave. A UAE visa is pretty easy to get and quite cheap also. There are a lot of topics on here telling folks how to get one.
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by rawe45: 12:49am On Oct 21, 2009
I'm a nigerian based in Nigeria
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by bluespice(f): 5:04am On Oct 21, 2009
i'm not exactly sure of howto go about getting a visa from nigeria, though i've read a lot of accounts of people going thruough agents and all of that. A good way however will be to go to emirates airlines and make enquiries.
Re: Dubai Shopping Tips by rawe45: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2009
Ok thanks

(1) (Reply)

Embassy Of Belarus In Nigeria? / Can 12m Enough For My Wife And Two Children / Dv 2007 Lottery Winners In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.