Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,983 members, 7,828,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest - Foreign Affairs (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest (78259 Views)

Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement / 44 Boko Haram Terrorists Captured By Chadian Military Die In Prison From Poison / Chadian Soldiers Led By President Idris Debby Burst Boko Haram Warehouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by DaRuud(m): 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2020
Hahahahahahahaha , he said he will lead from front , means he will push all of una enter warfront him go dey back

sarrki:
President Muhammadu Buhari you said during the campaign and also on your inauguration that you will lead from the front

Am sorry to say sire

That you never fulfilled your words

On security I can never score your government high

You have failed on this and other promises you made
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

So the president of a country being in the front lines is a commendable move?

Hello, if you truly know about leadership, you won't compose what you have up there. So if a confrontation happens and he is shot dead, what would be your conclusion.

Is he a combatant, Airforce or Naval officer. What skill does he have to be in the front lines.

So you expect MTN CEO to climb a Telecom mast when their is a major outage.

It's demoralises, insult and ridicule to the Generals in his cabinet. And same time and insult to his office to have appointed incompetent lots that had to warrant him to go to the frontlines.

We talking about a No 1 man of a country.
You are mad who is he fucking number one citizen,is he God
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by CoronaVirusPro: 1:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
operationmoses:

You are mad who is he fucking number one citizen,is he God

You are void. You have nothing to offer.
Go back to your garage.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Myself2(m): 1:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
sarrki:
President Muhammadu Buhari you said during the campaign and also on your inauguration that you will lead from the front

Am sorry to say sire

That you never fulfilled your words

On security I can never score your government high

You have failed on this and other promises you made

We warned you and Ngeneukwuenu
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by sholaminato(m): 1:39pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Hello, if you truly know about leadership, you won't compose what you have up there. So if a confrontation happens and he is shot dead, what would be your conclusion.

Is he a combatant, Airforce or Naval officer. What skill does he have to be in the front lines.

It's demoralises, insult and ridicule to the Generals in his cabinet. And same time and insult to his office to have appointed incompetent lots that had to warrant him to go to the frontlines.

Even trump visited Afghanistan to boost American troop morale, its nothing new, its is something expected of a leader who sends his troops to the front lines.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by CoronaVirusPro: 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2020
sholaminato:

Even trump visited Afghanistan to boost American troop morale, its nothing new, its is something expected of a leader who sends his troops to the front lines.

Visited to boost Morales. He visited the US Base.

Was he at the frontlines. Did he camp with them in the desert?

It's a different thing from what's playing here.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Yenefer(f): 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2020
sarrki:

Keep quiet

Will u going to support APC and Buhari's administration if yes I will send u email
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by sarrki(m): 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
Yenefer:
Will u going to support APC and Buhari's administration if yes I will send u email

grin grin grin

I think you are new here

That’s why you are blabbing
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Yenefer(f): 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
sarrki:

grin grin grin

I think you are new here

That’s why you are blabbing
well I'm not new to nairaland registered since 2013
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by bigglat: 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2020
This is an epitome of good leader. I doubt if any of our so-called leader can go this miles to ensure security of their citizenry.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Prinnce1: 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2020
sarrki:

He’s our servant

He’s responsible for our wellbeing

His first first primary and constitutional responsibilities as a leader is to protect lives and property
never knew you to be this intelligent. I duff my hat for you l. You earn my respect from now on
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Agemech: 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

shout up there if u don't know about someone try to read about him before spitting rubbish. Even shekawu admitted in his last video where he was consoling his remaining followers after they lost many men to the Chadian army that the fact that the man has lead and fought many battle doesn't mean he will defeat him. So try to read about him
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by mpolochi1: 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Visited to boost Morales. He visited the US Base.

Was he at the frontlines. Did he camp with them in the desert?

It's a different thing from what's playing here.
[/s]
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by mpolochi1: 2:08pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Once you mention that "Morale Boost"

It's glaring you have no point to offer and know nothing about leadership
[/s]
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by mpolochi1: 2:08pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

In 2020, you telling me the No 1 man of a country is not afraid to die.

"He was" is different from "He is". This statements matter alot in professionalism.
[/s]
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by mpolochi1: 2:11pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

I don't.

Does he lead the armed Forces to the frontlines.

[/s]
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:28pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

but it worked!

It's clear that the Chadian president is not a copycat. In order to achieve something different, he decided to take a different route and accompany his troop. When I heard it initially, I thought it was a publicity stunt. Look, leadership is obviously more than you think.

Once a man is ready to lead, he will definitely achieve results. What we have lacked in this country for a long time is leadership. Our leaders in Nigeria are too self centered to understand true leadership. If the Chadian president had died in battle do you think it would have made him a bad leader? No! He would have become a legend....read about Nelson Mandela if you require understanding..... thanks
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:32pm On Apr 08, 2020
omowolewa:
What a great boost, I believe he will soon leave the battle field but the statement is clear
exactly!!!!
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by stormborn28(m): 2:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Are you sure?
yes...i will look for the thread
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:39pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

We talking about the President of a Nation here being in the frontlines. That's not leadership but stupidity. He is not a combatant, Airforce nor Navy. Putting life at risk to such an extent is stupidity.

Only in Africa would you commend such. With all the experts at his disposal, he choose to go to the fronts. Let's imagine a shoot-out happens and he dies, will you say he died as a brave man?

Where is it done in any industry or terrain where a leader who lacks expertise and compentency in a division, take charge.

Like I stated earlier, it's just like applauding MTN CEO for climbing a 100 meter tower because their is a major outage.

It's outrightly stupidity. Nothing warrants him to be in the fronts.
it's like you like argument. Talking about experts, doesn't Buhari have security advicers, army chiefs and expert? They have all failed Nigeria and west Africa...
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by mistarsam(m): 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

In 2020, you telling me the No 1 man of a country is not afraid to die.

"He was" is different from "He is". This statements matter alot in professionalism.
I'm not a Chadian. Whatever he chooses to do with his life is none of my business. I'm sure he knows the implications of his actions.

About professionalism, do you have evidence that his presence will cause more harm than good on the battlefield?
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by CoronaVirusPro: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
but it worked!

It's clear that the Chadian president is not a copycat. In order to achieve something different, he decided to take a different route and accompany his troop. When I heard it initially, I thought it was a publicity stunt. Look, leadership is obviously more than you think.

Once a man is ready to lead, he will definitely achieve results. What we have lacked in this country for a long time is leadership. Our leaders in Nigeria are too self centered to understand true leadership. If the Chadian president had died in battle do you think it would have made him a bad leader? No! He would have become a legend....read about Nelson Mandela if you require understanding..... thanks

Does it take a skill to protest or lead a revolution? A Nelson Mandela is not a worth comparison. You could have said used US war as an example. The war has taken years and yet no US president has been in the frontlines despite is mighty military capabilities.

Am sorry, judgement does not work that way. He would have been criticised by the press for dieing stupidly.

Their was no reason for him to have been in the fronts having all the resources and instantaneous commands at his fingertips.

That is not a leader in that capacity. That's a suicide mission. Buhari and Obasanjo leading troops inside sambisa because they are "Ex Generals", to do what?

World leaders in his capacity call shots without being on ground and achieve results.

If he had to selflessly be on ground, it shows that he has lost control of leadership. The notion that let me go and do it myself since nobody can do it. Same people he appointed based on personal judgement.

It's not leadership in that capacity but stupidity.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by bilulu(m): 2:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

In this case it's stupidity.

He is just putting his life in danger as the number 1 man

If he dies, same people applauding his act will blame him.
You are the most stupid person I have ever seen. You see why Nigeria is like this? Is his life more precious than those at the war front? It shows when you get to power the kind of leader you will be
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by bilulu(m): 2:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

You are right but not stupidly.
Keep defending your stupidity
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Dizzyrascal(m): 3:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Does it take a skill to protest or lead a revolution? A Nelson Mandela is not a worth comparison. You could have said used US war as an example. The war has taken years and yet no US president has been in the frontlines despite is mighty military capabilities.

Am sorry, judgement does not work that way. He would have been criticised by the press for dieing stupidly.

Their was no reason for him to have been in the fronts having all the resources and instantaneous commands at his fingertips.

That is not a leader in that capacity. That's a suicide mission. Buhari and Obasanjo leading troops inside sambisa because they are "Ex Generals", to do what?

World leaders in his capacity call shots without being on ground and achieve results.

If he had to selflessly be on ground, it shows that he has lost control of leadership. The notion that let me go and do it myself since nobody can do it. Same people he appointed based on personal judgement.

It's not leadership in that capacity but stupidity.
the reason I used Nelson Mandela as an example is because he was never a coward....

Do you know that Nelson Mandela was offered a chance at freedom if he would renounce his struggle for the freedom of his people from the grip of apathied?

He rejected it and preferred to spend 27years of his life in prison, not because the prison was comfortable but because he was willing to die for the cause....

Leadership is not about making the easiest choices and taking the simplest route. It's about risking limbs and bones for what you believe in. Your understanding of leadership is skewed. I don't blame you though, you grew up in Nigeria and have adopted a typical Nigerian understanding of things....it might be difficult to get you to change your perspective.....

Today Nelson Mandela is a Legend.....
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Lakuje4power(m): 3:07pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

For your information he's a former rebel leader.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by CioAngels(f): 3:16pm On Apr 08, 2020
blackboy:
Boko Haram are and have always been a ragtag army. The Chadian President being close to the war front speaks a lot about how weak the Boko Haram are but our generals and c in c have made Boko Haram look like the army of China to Russia they are fighting all in the name of killing soldiers and making money.

Once again I say those who voted for Buhari to continue after all he did in his first term have blood on their hands.

Leah, God will punish all those who allowed you at a young age to be captured and left you in their hands
pa Buhari was not voted for, he rigged and bought his way back by making many of election observers and the others millionaires. He could not have won the election he only wasted Nigerian money to bribe everybody that had to do with the elections to look the other way while Nigerians were starving. He came back to see the Fulani's killing Nigerians, employ Hausa Fulani's in government offices pass and failed and to cart away more money. After all, he was said to be the most corrupt at number one position.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by CoronaVirusPro: 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
the reason I used Nelson Mandela as an example is because he was never a coward....

Do you know that Nelson Mandela was offered a chance at freedom if he would renounce his struggle for the freedom of his people from the grip of apathied?

He rejected it and preferred to spend 27years of his life in prison, not because the prison was comfortable but because he was willing to die for the cause....

Leadership is not about making the easiest choices and taking the simplest route. It's about risking limbs and bones for what you believe in. Your understanding of leadership is skewed. I don't blame you though, you grew up in Nigeria and have adopted a typical Nigerian understanding of things....it might be difficult to get you to change your perspective.....

Today Nelson Mandela is a Legend.....

Brilliant!

Same Mandela said in his book,

"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison."

At some point, he knew it worth it maintaining same grounds and had to shift.

Hello, let me correct you, am not in that class of people who make discussions with citizinship. Have seen brilliant minds from Niger, Sudan, Gabon and Eritrea. And have seen dumb people from UK, US and laods from advanced countries. It's not a criteria for wisdom and neither does it define or alter how things are to be done.

You could have made valid comparison to buttress your point. Was even am Ojukwu in the fronts of War? Was a war freak Bush in the fronts. Oh! Putin has been to the fronts before against Crimea.

Hey! It's not that way when you steering a mighty ship like a Nation. You still haven't told me his importance on the frontlines.

Leaders in that capacity call shots across all boards. They don't mobilise unnecessarily
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by okoroemeka(m): 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Hear yourself.

Ex military. This how you shoot yourself down in a debate. So an Ex military man should be in the frontlines of warfare.

Hello! It's not that way. Are you aware we talking about the No 1 man of a country? On any fronts you will take this argument to, his act will still be regarded as utmost stupidity.

Of you are intuned about leadership like I told your conterpart earlier, you won't be composing all this gibberish.

What is the use of his presence there? Don't tell me to boost morale. What are the roles and responsibilities of his Generals that he solely appointed based on his personal judgement.

I will say again, it's stupidity, his presence on ground alters nothing. He was just on a suicide mission.
so if you are a retired general and now president and rebels are trying to take over your country will you be comfortable sitting in an air condition office and wait for feedback from your generals?things are trying to get out of hand almost 100 of his soldiers were killed in an attack,he launched a counteroffensive against the terrorists and he want to be there personally,his presence will be a moral booster for the foot soldiers,welfare,allowances and other things will improve drastically,the soldiers will fight better with their commander beside them.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by CoronaVirusPro: 3:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
Lakuje4power:

For your information he's a former rebel leader.

Please read what you composed. "Former rebel leader"

Is that a qualification to be in the fronts of warfare? Tell me, let's discuss. Is that how it ought to be done.

Oh! You am advocate that we mobilise Obasanjo, IBB and Buhari to the fronts.

Hello, Leadership in that capacity does not work that way. Of he gets shot and dies, can you imagine the media outrage and condemnation?

The subject question would have been, "What was he doing there"

In the age of technology where every military operations are monitored live and shots are called instantaneously, you an advocate of the president mobilising to the fronts.

It's damning to reason this way in 2020.

Let me remind you, we talking about the President of a Nation
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by CoronaVirusPro: 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2020
okoroemeka:
so if you are a retired general and now president and rebels are trying to take over your country will you be comfortable sitting in an air condition office and wait for feedback from your generals?things are trying to get out of hand almost 100 of his soldiers were killed in an attack,he launched a counteroffensive against the terrorists and he want to be there personally,his presence will be a moral booster for the foot soldiers,welfare,allowances and other things will improve drastically,the soldiers will fight better with their commander beside them.

Are you joking.

So it entails me to move to the war front? Are you aware we talking about the President of a Nation.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Legendguru: 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
good

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) / 2000-Year-Old Coffin Made Of Stone Discovered In Egypt, See Reactions (Photos) / "Photos Of Luxury Vehicles Acquired By Jammeh In His Final Days"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.