Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,473 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest - Foreign Affairs (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest (78270 Views)

Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement / 44 Boko Haram Terrorists Captured By Chadian Military Die In Prison From Poison / Chadian Soldiers Led By President Idris Debby Burst Boko Haram Warehouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by ComforOtu: 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Brilliant!

Same Mandela said in his book,

"As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison."

At some point, he knew it worth it maintaining same grounds and had to shift.

Hello, let me correct you, am not in that class of people who make discussions with citizinship. Have seen brilliant minds from Niger, Sudan, Gabon and Eritrea. And have seen dumb people from UK, US and laods from advanced countries. It's not a criteria for wisdom and neither does it define or alter how things are to be done.

You could have made valid comparison to buttress your point. Was even am Ojukwu in the fronts of War? Was a war freak Bush in the fronts. Oh! Putin has been to the fronts before against Crimea.

Hey! It's not that way when you steering a mighty ship like a Nation. You still haven't told me his importance on the frontlines.

Leaders in that capacity call shots across all boards. They don't mobilise unnecessarily
[/s]
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by ComforOtu: 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Are you joking.

So it entails me to move to the war front? Are you aware we talking about the President of a Nation.

[/s]
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Does it take a skill to protest or lead a revolution? A Nelson Mandela is not a worth comparison. You could have said used US war as an example. The war has taken years and yet no US president has been in the frontlines despite is mighty military capabilities.

Am sorry, judgement does not work that way. He would have been criticised by the press for dieing stupidly.

Their was no reason for him to have been in the fronts having all the resources and instantaneous commands at his fingertips.

That is not a leader in that capacity. That's a suicide mission. Buhari and Obasanjo leading troops inside sambisa because they are "Ex Generals", to do what?

World leaders in his capacity call shots without being on ground and achieve results.

If he had to selflessly be on ground, it shows that he has lost control of leadership. The notion that let me go and do it myself since nobody can do it. Same people he appointed based on personal judgement.

It's not leadership in that capacity but stupidity.
[/s]
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by ComforOtu: 6:47pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Now you going into politics.

Am telling you about what leadership at that capacity entails
[/s]
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by ComforOtu: 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

You are void. You have nothing to offer.
Go back to your garage.
[/s]
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by ComforOtu: 6:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Do you read what you compose?

Is an Ex a qualification to be on battle field?

Do you know C-in-C is a cermonial title.

You expect the number one of a country to lead a battle? This purely village reasoning.

It's not valid in 2020.
[/s]
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by ComforOtu: 6:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Are you sure?
[/s]
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Carter4luv(m): 7:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
you cannot compare the strength of a man of 50 and 80yrs
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by JuanDeDios: 7:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Read what you composing.

"Many years back'

He is an Ex and now the President of a country. He has every tool and resource under his control. Leading troops to the front exposed his failure in coordination.
Someone asked if he's a combatant - that's what I responded to.

On your rant, yes, the president doesn't have to lead troops to war, but Deby is doing it because he wants to - I'm not sure why you have a problem with that. You're thinking of his safety, but he's not stupid and he's aware of the risks. They have measures in place to protect him and he's not personally firing RPGs.

1 Like

Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Realadey(m): 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2020
Buhari u see ur life?
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by chuklesley02(m): 7:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
[quote author=sarrki post=88206838]Members of the Chadian National Assembly visited Idris Derby at his temporary base in the bush to register their support in his efforts to cleanse Chad from insurgents.
Idris derby will be a better president, to our own what's his name sef?
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by properties4sale: 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

So the president of a country being in the front lines is a commendable move?

Hello, if you truly know about leadership, you won't compose what you have up there. So if a confrontation happens and he is shot dead, what would be your conclusion.

Is he a combatant, Airforce or Naval officer. What skill does he have to be in the front lines.

So you expect MTN CEO to climb a Telecom mast when their is a major outage.

It's demoralises, insult and ridicule to the Generals in his cabinet. And same time and insult to his office to have appointed incompetent lots that had to warrant him to go to the frontlines.

We talking about a No 1 man of a country.
he is a military man, a military general, so the terrain is not alien to him.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by CoronaVirusPro: 8:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
properties4sale:
he is a military man, a military general, so the terrain is not alien to him.

Ex.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by MrsYamLeg(f): 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Ex.

[/s]
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Aphizium: 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
Well done Mr President, dats very brave, but your egungun should be careful.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by achilles1(m): 9:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Ex.

There's no such thing as "Ex" in military affairs... once a soldier always a soldier....

well except you are brain dead of course..

1 Like

Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by CoronaVirusPro: 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
achilles1:
There's no such thing as "Ex" in military affairs... once a soldier always a soldier....

well except you are brain dead of course..

He is an Ex or retired general. He has no right to be at the fronts.

It's common sense to know that at that level of leadership, his actions are stupid, unwarranted and uncalled for.

So we should push Obasanjo and Buhari to the frontlines.

You know nothing about leadership. Have you lead a team of 100 before? No! Of you had, you will know what's called specialization, roles and responsibilities, and competences.

Take or to the heaven and bring back to Earth, it will remain a foolish act.

What contribution did he take there? To risk his life.

How do you intend to defend it that the No 1 man of a Nation went to the frontlines. Where is it done.

Russia, China and the US will never take their president to the fronts despite their military capabilities.

In a 2020 where IT is ascending to the very peak, a president mobilises tonyhw frontlines to see shootouts by himself.

It's archiac, crude and ill
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by paix(m): 10:01pm On Apr 08, 2020
sarrki:
President Muhammadu Buhari you said during the campaign and also on your inauguration that you will lead from the front

Am sorry to say sire

That you never fulfilled your words

On security I can never score your government high

You have failed on this and other promises you made
You just dey wake from sleep?
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by MrsYamLeg(f): 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

It's common sense to know that at that level of leadership, his actions are stupid, unwarranted and uncalled for.

You know nothing about leadership. Have you lead a team of 100 before? No! Of you had, you will know what's called specialization, roles and responsibilities, and competences.

How do you intend to defend it that the No 1 man of a Nation went to the frontlines. Where is it done.

Russia, China and the US will never take their president to the fronts despite their military capabilities.

In a 2020 where IT is ascending to the very peak, a president mobilises tonyhw frontlines to see shootouts by himself.

[/s]
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by lebete3000: 10:57pm On Apr 08, 2020
sarrki:
Members of the Chadian National Assembly visited Idris Derby at his temporary base in the bush to register their support in his efforts to cleanse Chad from insurgents.

This guy just dey form King of the Jungle. I think he has an aim to actually catch Shekau, dead or alive.

1 Like

Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by childuptojoy(m): 6:36am On Apr 09, 2020
Dude is battle tested not an office Gen
[Qquote author=CoronaVirusPro post=88219402]

"Was once"

Does that qualify him to be in the fronts? NO! [/quote]
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by excel001(m): 9:31am On Apr 09, 2020
Yenefer:
don't let nairaland get to your head... Few thousand like in nairaland doesn't make someone relevant thou
Look at the message and not the messenger, what is you and this your relevance of a thing!! can you boldly say President Buhari has a good score sheet security wise. who even know you. mtcheeww!!
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Ayobami7(m): 10:44am On Apr 09, 2020
hmmm
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by iamimohtal(m): 12:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

You not making any point.

Ex General he is. Nothing warrants him to be in the fronts. Leaders in his capacity push buttons to make big moves.

Put politics aside and say how things ought to be done. You advocating that the president of a Nation move to the front lines?

Are you reading what you composing and thinking about it? You trying polish the act of stupidity as bravery!

Hello, it's the failure of his whole cabinet championed by he himself.

Can't just believe their is a reason for an argument to support the president moving to the frontlines.

Am saying that a president should lead, albeit he is leading the wrong way but at least he is leading, better than u know who
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by eodavids(m): 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
sarrki:

We need architectural and command change of our security

Mr President should supervise the funds and operations directly

There is conspiracy theory in the war and corruption

You are a patriot now.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by sarrki(m): 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
eodavids:

You are a patriot now.

grin grin grin
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by achilles1(m): 7:02pm On Apr 12, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

First... I'm a much better leader than buhari...

second....I've lead a team of much more than a hundred people in the ICT industry without any problems..

third.. I never said anything about leading by being in the front lines physically...

as a General one would at least expect him to handle terrorism pro actively....

tell me do you honestly feel he has handled this acts of terror diligently as both a retired army general and the president/commander in chief of the whole armed forces?
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by Lakuje4power(m): 10:44pm On May 31, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Please read what you composed. "Former rebel leader"

Is that a qualification to be in the fronts of warfare? Tell me, let's discuss. Is that how it ought to be done.

Oh! You am advocate that we mobilise Obasanjo, IBB and Buhari to the fronts.

Hello, Leadership in that capacity does not work that way. Of he gets shot and dies, can you imagine the media outrage and condemnation?

The subject question would have been, "What was he doing there"

In the age of technology where every military operations are monitored live and shots are called instantaneously, you an advocate of the president mobilising to the fronts.

It's damning to reason this way in 2020.

Let me remind you, we talking about the President of a Nation

He has shown his ability to lead at the war front.
Re: Idris Derby Visited By Chadian Legislators At His Temporary Base In The Forest by tishbite41(m): 7:48am On Aug 06, 2021
Derbby has died on the warfront.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Stone Of Destiny To Be Transported For Coronation Of King Charles III (Pics) / 2000-Year-Old Coffin Made Of Stone Discovered In Egypt, See Reactions (Photos) / "Photos Of Luxury Vehicles Acquired By Jammeh In His Final Days"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.