Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week (892 Views)

Abaribe Cautions Against Lockdown Extension / Delta Women Protest Over Lockdown Extension In The State (Photos) / Shake Up Looms At DSS As President Buhari Decides Acting DG's Fate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by mailtimi(m): 7:18am On Apr 08, 2020
We have all heard one way or the other that the 14 days lockdown might be extended as a lot Nigerians have flaunted the lockdown order.

During a press conference at the Lagos State Government House, Marina, the Presidential Task Force on the Control of COVID-19 indicated that the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) would before the end of this week decide whether to extend the 14 days lockdown in the Federal Capital Territory, Lagos and Ogun states.

The Chairman of the task force and Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, gave the indication at the press conference.

Buhari had, on March 29 ordered lockdown of the FCT, Lagos and Ogun states following the rise in COVID-19 cases in the country.

The President said the lockdown would enable government to trace and treat those who came in contact with people infected with the infectious disease.

Responding to a question on possible extension of the lockdown, Mustapha said, “This is part of the consultation. We are looking at the objectives set when the lockdown or quarantine declaration was signed by the President and other states.

“Before the end of the week, we will do an evaluation to see how the set objectives are being met. At the end of the evaluation, the second stage of implementation and advise will go to Mr President.

“He and he alone will take the decision as to whether the lockdown will either be extended or stopped at the expiration of 14 days because in his address to the nation, he did say 14 days in the first instance; so, it’s open.”

The SGF said the lockdown was not imposed to punish Nigerians but as a precautionary measure to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

He said, “In recognition of the impact of the lockdown order on the poor, physically challenged, the elderly and the vulnerable, Mr. President approved the release of 70,000 metric tons of grains from the strategic grains reserve.”

The SGF, who commended Lagos for its response mechanism said other states had a lot to learn from the organisational structure and preparedness of the state.

According to him, the COVID-19 pandemic is the most significant public health emergency of international concern, having recorded over 1million cases and causing over 50,000 deaths worldwide, as well as significant disruption to healthcare system particularly in low and middle-income countries.

Also, the Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, said there was a Department of Traditional Complementary and Alternative Medicine looking into claims of local cure for COVID-19.

He said, “As to the local cure, the question is how much do we know about this virus to find a cure. We look into every assertion, some people who say they have the herbs or concoction. So, for those who are serious, we have a department in the Ministry of Health, which is the Department of Traditional Complementary and Alternative Medicine, which will look into their claims.

SOURCE: https://naijalog.com/buhari-decides-lockdown-extension-this-week/
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by THUNDER4real(m): 7:21am On Apr 08, 2020
It's about to go down.....extension by another 14days.
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:22am On Apr 08, 2020
I'm not surprised
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by EmekaBlue(m): 7:25am On Apr 08, 2020
Where is the money donation.

My friend you better order the sharing asap

Cunt
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by seunlayi(m): 7:30am On Apr 08, 2020
Pls extend it, we need it. Otherwise, we will all pay dearly for it
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by beylinko02: 7:30am On Apr 08, 2020
OK... Oya let's go there na. But truth be told, it's not getting funny anymore for people. How do the hungry get fed and how will the poor survive.
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by seunlayi(m): 7:33am On Apr 08, 2020
EmekaBlue:
Where is the money donation.

My friend you better order the sharing asap

Cunt
EFcc will have work to do if they know their duty
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by Iyiataata92: 7:34am On Apr 08, 2020
only the rumour that this may be extended is already giving people high BP. The government should pity the real poor and vulnerable who have suffered throughout this period.
They should not be deceived by the invisible ''poor and vulnerable'' who keep taking up all the audio palliatives being rolled out
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by Iyiataata92: 7:36am On Apr 08, 2020
seunlayi:
Shut up!! You don't live in Lagos or Ogun or FCT

1 Like

Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by seunlayi(m): 7:37am On Apr 08, 2020
beylinko02:
OK... Oya let's go there na. But truth be told, it's not getting funny anymore for people. How do the hungry get fed and how will the poor survive.

Safety first

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8191113/Dozens-bodies-left-streets-Ecuadorian-city-officials-struggle-cope.html?ito=social-facebook

Nobody is forcing them to stay at home but only the reality of thing that made everybody to lockdown. You will see pics of hospitals, shop, etc all closed with corpse littering the streets.

Pics from dubai below

Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by shesawesome(f): 7:40am On Apr 08, 2020
seunlayi:
Speak for yourself o,I need to work abeg foodstuffs has almost finished
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by seunlayi(m): 7:40am On Apr 08, 2020
Iyiataata92:

Shut up!! You don't live in Lagos or Ogun or FCT

All my people are overthere, we should join hand to avert worse situations. Many countries are regretting now. We are still in a better situation... Just to break the lines and the battle will be won for now
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by Myer(m): 7:41am On Apr 08, 2020
THUNDER4real:
It's about to go down.....extension by another 14days.

Giving the low number of cases and death recorded since the outbreak, I don't think an extension is necessary. Clearly our climate in Africa is an advantage against the coronavirus.

All the doom forecasts of the increased deaths in Africa by WHO, Bill Gates and CNN are just misleading.

FG however must not be careless to trust the Chinese govt and their suspicious intervention.
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by Iyiataata92: 7:43am On Apr 08, 2020
seunlayi:

[s]All my people are overthere, we should join hand to avert worse situations. Many countries are regretting now. We are still in a better situation... Just to break the lines and the battle will be won for now[/s]
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by princemillla(m): 7:44am On Apr 08, 2020
If this come to effect its not just fair at all. Even the 14 days what's the result?
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by seunlayi(m): 7:46am On Apr 08, 2020
shesawesome:
Speak for yourself o,I need to work abeg foodstuffs has almost finished

Somebody posted a comment here early advising those in lockdown areas to ration food depending on what they have but many ignored it, they rather turn the lockdown to a eating vacation while knowing we have audio govt. It is better to confront hunger than sickness. Nothing stops me from taking something light around 11am to noon and to take another meal around 4-6pm daily.
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by seunlayi(m): 7:50am On Apr 08, 2020
princemillla:
If this come to effect its not just fair at all. Even the 14 days what's the result?
very positive result otherwise by next week, we should have bn seeing corpses of victims on the streets. I don't have 1k in my account right now, I need to go out and work too but their is an ungoing war BTW human and a virus.

Human will always win but don't be a casualty
Re: Buhari Decides Lockdown Extension This Week by seunlayi(m): 8:00am On Apr 08, 2020
[quote author=Iyiataata92 post=88211119][/quote]

The result of COVID-19 second test done for the chairman of the governing board of the University College Hospital, Ibadan, Ibrahim Shetima, has returned positive.

Shetima had been in isolation at a special ward in the UCH after he tested positive for coronavirus two weeks ago.

The Public Relations Officer of the institution, Mr Toye Akinrinlola, had said the chairman manifested symptoms of the virus shortly after the last board meeting of the hospital began in Ibadan, adding that the test conducted on him revealed that he was positive for COVID-19.
It is on fp. Covid-19 is not a joke

(1) (Reply)

Chinese 1989 Tiananmen Square Protests Started As Anti-african Protest / My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria / How Western Media Would Cover Minneapolis If It Happened In Another Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.