Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria (912 Views)

PDP: Dasuki, Sowore’s Release Has Not Changed Opinion About Buhari’s Government / What Is Your Opinion About The Nigeria Land Border Closure? / Olufunke Awolowo: Awolowo's Opinion About Buhari Before He Died — Grand Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Doubleoo(m): 1:18pm On May 06, 2020
As it is today in Nigeria, those that determine the future of this nation are majorly the people that can survive with less than 5,000 Naira or its equivalent, per month. Don't tell me about "election rigging", you and I know it is not constitutional. I am here talking about what the constitution permits.

The people that determine the future of this nation are mostly not worried about the state of hospitals, schools, roads, electricity etc. They are okay with treckking as means of transportation, using their local herbs, palm oil lamps etc.

Those in the bondage are truly the "Average Joes".

The "Average Joe" thinks he's educated. He stays in the city. He would not join me in drinking "agbo" since he thinks it's very unhygienic.

Sadly, he doesn't have enough money to go to standard hospital nor travel abroad for treatment. He would use the "lice infested" community hospital.

He struggles in commercial transport in traffic each day and cannot escape from the disastrous situation of the roads.

He speaks too much grammar, and will never agitate or fight for freedom or betterment of himself and the populace. He will happily pass poverty across to his progeny. After all, his parents does the same.

His future is determined by those that never attended a school. Those that doesn't see any reason why they should pay any bill since they can use the alternatives even if they bring the highest labour and pains.

It has been like this for long. It's just getting more terrible each day.

As long as we keep using the biased, archaic, regionalistic and backwards constitution, they will continue to determine the future of the nation.

Remember, they are growing in millions each year. Thanks to the recently released data that confirms over 100m Nigerians are living in extreme poverty.
They will still determine the faith of you, the BSc, MSc or even the PhD holders come 2023.

You can say not your future. It's not today we have been deceiving ourselves. If i was wrong, then tell me what you have received since the day you started chanting i receive it...

We continue to claim that we are educated but stupidly supporting illiterates to lead us. How do you define your education? How do you define integrity?

Most of our so called educated brothers and sisters that are rooting hard for the calamitous leaders are even hustling for 1000 Naira palliative on twitter and IG.
How else do we qualify these set of people?

Here's not a criticism of the present government nor insult. Here's a call on the truly "EDUCATED" Nigerians, especially the Yorubas to wake up.

The earlier we Yoruba start agitating and channeling our efforts to exiting from this commensalistic union, the better for our next generation.

PEACE!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by helinues: 1:22pm On May 06, 2020
The earlier we Yoruba start agitating and channeling our efforts to exiting from this commensalistic union, the better for our next generation

Immature for now

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Doubleoo(m): 1:24pm On May 06, 2020
helinues:

Immature for now

What criteria should we consider in order to confirm the maturity?
Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Genoa(m): 1:26pm On May 06, 2020
Your opinion now.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by helinues: 1:27pm On May 06, 2020
Doubleoo:

What criteria should we consider in order to confirm the maturity?

The 2023 presidency.. Success or failure
Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Doubleoo(m): 1:36pm On May 06, 2020
Genoa:
Your opinion now.

Yes my opinion. Most average Joes will trash it as you did. It's part of the reasons things will remain the same. They only get wise when they grow old and life becomes terrible.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by PDJT: 1:37pm On May 06, 2020
See a truly educated yorooba man.

You have really spoken well, but I believe those ruthless evil politicians running the affairs of Nigerians knows Nigeria, just like Soviet Union, has an expiry date. But they will wait until the barrel runs dry. It’s a matter of which Nations are prepared and confident enough to soldier on.

Peace to you too!

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Doubleoo(m): 1:37pm On May 06, 2020
helinues:

I get it from that angle. Unfortunately, that has always been the political game that keeps us in the current situation.
Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by PDJT: 1:40pm On May 06, 2020
helinues:

Did I understand that correctly that if yorooba doesn’t produce yet another President or perhaps Vice President of Nigeria, then the jungle will then mature for your rights to self determination jingles?
Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by helinues: 1:41pm On May 06, 2020
Doubleoo:

I get it from that angle. Unfortunately, that has always been the political game that keeps us in the current situation.

If we were able to get the presidency, then we have opportunity to do beyond what we have been condemning others of neglecting, hence no need of leaving Nigeria at least for now.

And if we were to lose the presidency, then we don't know how to play our game. Simply not matured to be independent.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by helinues: 1:43pm On May 06, 2020
PDJT:

Did I understand that correctly that if yorooba doesn’t produce yet another President or perhaps Vice President of Nigeria, then the jungle will then mature for your rights to self determination jingles?

Read my response to the fellow
Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Doubleoo(m): 1:44pm On May 06, 2020
PDJT:
See a truly educated yorooba man.

You have really spoken well, but I believe those ruthless evil politicians running the affairs of Nigerians knows Nigeria, just like Soviet Union, has an expiry date. But they will wait until the barrel runs dry. It’s a matter of which Nations are prepared and confident enough to soldier on.

Peace to you too!

So sad we are not prepared not to talk of readiness to fight for ourselves. All their actions are hitting deeper on the younger generations. With the way things are going, the next generation of Nigerians might be rejected everywhere in the world, if nothing is done.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 06, 2020
You were going well until you mentioned your tribe. Tribalism is what has crippled this nation and why Nigeria has regressed back to the evil dark ages. The power tussle between the IBOS/HAUSAS/YORUBAS who want to rule a nation of over 550 tribes is a disgrace and is why Nigeria will never be united

Nigeria is a failed project and too big to manage it's self particularly if we keep voting in the same ancient clueless looters from the Ibo/Hausa/Yoruba tribe into power.

I think Nigeria should be divided into different countries based on similar culture/Language/morals/Norms etc. The Soviet Union broke up and each country is thriving today.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Doubleoo(m): 1:59pm On May 06, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:
You were going well until you mentioned your tribe. Tribalism is what has crippled this nation and why Nigeria has regressed back to the evil dark ages. The power tussle between the IBOS/HAUSAS/YORUBAS who want to rule a nation of over 550 languages tribes is a disgrace and is why Nigeria will never be united

Nigeria is a failed project and too big to manage it's self particularly if we keep voting in the same ancient clueless looters from the Ibo/Hausa/Yoruba tribe into power.

I think Nigeria should be divided into different countries based on similar culture/Language/morals/Norms etc. The Soviet Union broke up and each country is thriving today.

It sounds tribalistic, however, if the Yorubas share the same view as the Igbos that are clamoring to exiting from Nigeria, their goal might be achieved faster. Am not sure the North want that to happen, hence i can't speak for them.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by PDJT: 2:06pm On May 06, 2020
Doubleoo:

So sad we are not prepared not to talk of readiness to fight for ourselves. All their actions are hitting deeper on the younger generations. With the way things are going, the next generation of Nigerians might be rejected everywhere in the world, if nothing is done.

You’re right about the next generation, most of them under the age of 20(over 90 million)- they’re really helpless, in addition to the terrible “education” they have received or are receiving. When Nigerian soldiers are now hustling to send their families abroad for permanent residency, you go no say “garri don pass water”.

But the tiny minority septuagenarians and octogenarians that ruined Nigeria are insisting they must die and be buried as “Nigerians”, whilst the majority (under 50s) are fooling around and bowing to them for crumbs.

You can fight for your Nation. Forget Nigeria, except if you wish to ruin your one and only life for nothing.

4 Likes

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by PDJT: 2:19pm On May 06, 2020
The continues use of the word “tribe” instead of Nation is actually one of the fundamental problems we Africans have. Call it inferiority complex, psychological mental block, or little People’s mindset if you like.

We must change our mindset.

TheAfricaQueen:
You were going well until you mentioned your tribe. Tribalism is what has crippled this nation and why Nigeria has regressed back to the evil dark ages. The power tussle between the IGBOS/HAUSAS/YORUBAS who want to rule a nation of over 550 languages tribes is a disgrace and is why Nigeria will never be united

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Doubleoo(m): 2:28pm On May 06, 2020
PDJT:

You’re right about the next generation, most of them under the age of 20(over 90 million)- they’re really helpless, in addition to the terrible “education” they have received or are receiving. When Nigerian soldiers are now hustling to send their families abroad for permanent residency, you go no say “garri don pass water”.

But the tiny minority septuagenarians and octogenarians that ruined Nigeria are insisting they must die and be buried as “Nigerians”, whilst the majority (under 50s) are fooling around and bowing to them for crumbs.

You can fight for your Nation. Forget Nigeria, except if you wish to ruin your one and only life for nothing.

That's my point. Enough of deceiving ourselves in the name of one Nigeria that almost plunge everyone into perpetual poverty. Every region should stand. The least should be restructuring.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by PDJT: 2:30pm On May 06, 2020
Doubleoo:

It sounds tribalistic, however, if the Yorubas share the same view as the Igbos that are clamoring to exiting from Nigeria, their goal might be achieved faster. Am not sure the North want that to happen, hence i can't speak for them.

In my opinion, the core North (9-12 contiguous States) is actually ahead in this game of exiting Nigeria. Check out their gradual but assured implementation of their sharia law and infrastructure to sustain it, ignoring the decree they gave other Nigerians as a constitution. To them, I believe, the rest of Nigeria is just a cash-cow. Any country or nation in the world has one law passed by their general assembly or parliament, which every citizen and resident must abide by. Can we say the same of Nigeria? Nigerians can only keep fooling around that they have a country/nation.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by PDJT: 2:36pm On May 06, 2020
Doubleoo:

That's my point. Enough of deceiving ourselves in the name of one Nigeria that almost plunge everyone into perpetual poverty. Every region should stand. The least should be restructuring.

The youthful people, preferably under 55s, should align and have that discussion for their own sake and that of the next generation. The retirees are truly done, let alone the one-dimensional septuagenarians and octogenarians.
Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Arrewa: 2:36pm On May 06, 2020
Doubleoo:

I have read your Article...

I Salute you for your objective writeup!

Nigeria as a country has failed all of us!

An average northerner want to leave this union...

Just that We are not yet ready...

Nigeria will surely break up!!

Very soon those old forces that are forcing us together will go down... And the New generations will emerge...

One Nigeria will soon go over board!

But as for now... Let's focus on holding those old cargos accountable for our federal financial Allocations...

Nigeria will soon be ripe for division... And when the time comes... Nobody can stop it!

We can be good neighbors... Trade among ourselves! They will be competitive growth!

Unity can never be forced!!

4 Likes

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by confluence: 2:40pm On May 06, 2020
Can we for once as young men and women of this nation forget about all this name calling tell ourselves the truth.
OP, I share a similar view with you, Our leaders careless about us, just that the average Nigerian youth cannot reason properly.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by illicit(m): 3:06pm On May 06, 2020
if you school in Nigeria there's greater probability that you are misEDUCATED

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Doubleoo(m): 3:12pm On May 06, 2020
PDJT:

In my opinion, the core North (9-12 contiguous States) is actually ahead in this game of exiting Nigeria. Check out their gradual but assured implementation of their sharia law and infrastructure to sustain it, ignoring the decree they gave other Nigerians as a constitution. To them, I believe, the rest of Nigeria is just a cash-cow. Any country or nation in the world has one law passed by their general assembly or parliament, which every citizen and resident must abide by. Can we say the same of Nigeria? Nigerians can only keep fooling around that they have a country/nation.

The issue of implementation of Sharia in many of the Northern states could mean two things;

1. there could be agenda to spread it throughout the country. Some could say it is not possible, based on their religious bias. However, i will say it is. Islamic ties is the primary bond between the North and The South-West. Islamic scholars from the North are quick to remind their counterparts in The South-West of how they should behave or do things. How they should not accept some things, etc. Look at that man talking on behalf of MURIC. A typical example. In all of these, what has the past government done about it? And what is the present administration doing about it? Absolutely nothing. Hence, i might be right.

2. It could mean that they are truly ready to exit from the union.

I am more supportive of the later, and i hope it will be attained much faster than imagined.
Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Doubleoo(m): 3:14pm On May 06, 2020
illicit:
if you school in Nigeria there's greater probability that you are misEDUCATED

Is that the only message you want to pass across? You could do much better by explaining your point, or even educate me. I'm ever ready to learn.
Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Gracchus: 3:20pm On May 06, 2020
Division of the country is the only solution

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Doubleoo(m): 3:30pm On May 06, 2020
Arrewa:

I have read your Article...

I Salute you for your objective writeup!

Nigeria as a country has failed all of us!

An average northerner want to leave this union...

Just that We are not yet ready...

Nigeria will surely break up!!

Very soon those old forces that are forcing us together will go down... And the New generations will emerge...

One Nigeria will soon go over board!

But as for now... Let's focus on holding those old cargos accountable for our federal financial Allocations...

Nigeria will soon be ripe for division... And when the time comes... Nobody can stop it!

We can be good neighbors... Trade among ourselves! They will be competitive growth!

Unity can never be forced!!

Brilliant. If everyone else is not tired of the situation Nigeria, i am. We deserve better.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by PDJT: 3:48pm On May 06, 2020
Doubleoo:

The issue of implementation of Sharia in many of the Northern states could mean two things;

1. there could be agenda to spread it throughout the country. Some could say it is not possible, based on their religious bias. However, i will say it is. Islamic ties is the primary bond between the North and The South-West. Islamic scholars from the North are quick to remind their counterparts in The South-West of how they should behave or do things. How they should not accept some things, etc. Look at that man talking on behalf of MURIC. A typical example. In all of these, what has the past government done about it? And what is the present administration doing about it? Absolutely nothing. Hence, i might be right.

2. It could mean that they are truly ready to exit from the union.

I am more supportive of the later, and i hope it will be attained much faster than imagined.

You could be right either way.

As a student of Nigeria, I have seen on Wikipedia the gradual rising by percentage of Muslim numbers in Nigeria as the Christian numbers is fast depleting. In fact, only a few days ago, they updated those percentages and now mentions Muslim/Islam before Christian/Christianity on that Nigerian Wikipedia page as part of the recent updates- Islam; 53.5%, Christianity 46.9%: Only ten years ago (2010) the numbers were 49.3 % Christianity and 48.8% Islam.

And the projection is that by 2060, Muslims will make up to 60% of the total Nigeria population, whilst Christians and the traditionalists share the remaining 40% - whether that’s a good thing for those of us that wants to live in a free society, I don’t know, but you only need to look at Muslim majority countries around the world to see what is left of Freedom and respect for people’s fundamental human rights there.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by ProT: 3:55pm On May 06, 2020
helinues:

What a mindset!
Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by ProT: 3:57pm On May 06, 2020
Doubleoo:

Folks seem to prefer (temporary) palliatives to (permanent) solution.

Sad indeed!

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Doubleoo(m): 4:02pm On May 06, 2020
PDJT:

You could be right either way.

As a student of Nigeria, I have seen on Wikipedia the gradual rising by percentage of Muslim numbers in Nigeria as the Christian numbers is fast depleting. In fact, only a few days ago, they updated those percentages and now mentions Muslim/Islam before Christian/Christianity on that Nigerian Wikipedia page as part of the recent updates- Islam; 53.5%, Christianity 46.9%: Only ten years ago (2010) the numbers were 49.3 % Christianity and 48.8% Islam.

And the projection is that by 2060, Muslims will make up to 60% of the total Nigeria population, whilst Christians and the traditionalists share the remaining 40% - whether that’s a good thing for those of us that wants to live in a free society, I don’t know, but you only need to look at Muslim majority countries around the world to see what is left of Freedom and respect for people’s fundamental human rights there.

At this increasing rate, by 2060, if Nigeria still exists, it will likely be between 65-70% Muslim and the rest shared among Christians, Traditionalists, and the Freethinkers.
Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by ProT: 4:03pm On May 06, 2020
helinues:

If we were able to get the presidency, then we have opportunity to do beyond what we have been condemning others of neglecting, hence no need of leaving Nigeria at least for now.

And if we were to lose the presidency, then we don't know how to play our game. Simply not matured to be independent.

Head or tail, it is NO to self-determination.
Amazing!
Re: My Opinion About The State Of Nigeria by Doubleoo(m): 4:04pm On May 06, 2020
ProT:

Folks seem to prefer (temporary) palliatives to (permanent) solution.

Sad indeed!

Not even a temporary palliative as that dream of 2023 will probably birth several sects, most likely to be deadlier than what we have today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Instead Of Shifting Edo & Ondo Elections, Why Not Go For E-Voting? / Have A Rethink About The Future Nigerians / Governor Fayemi Allegedly Sends Thugs To Invade Home Of Ekiti Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.