Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,488 members, 7,954,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:47 AM

In Your Opinion, What Is The Scariest Thing About The World We Live In Today? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / In Your Opinion, What Is The Scariest Thing About The World We Live In Today? (458 Views)

Scaphism- The Scariest Method Of Execution In History [pictures]. / What A Wicked World We Are Now. / Man Whose Son Has Days To Live In Rivers State Absconds After N70m Was Raised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Your Opinion, What Is The Scariest Thing About The World We Live In Today? by Brytesp(m): 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
Two weeks ago, a 19-year-old British woman accused 12 Israeli boys of gang raping her in Cyprus.

Her story: She consented to sex with one of the boys and the other 11 jumped on her and gang raped her.

And three of the boys had DNA evidence suggesting a sexual encounter. The woman had bruises on her thighs as well.

She lied.

She changed her story more than once, was confronted with evidence that at least one of the men had 100% definitely not been there at the time of the incident.

And she confessed to lying, but claimed that she made the rape accusation up because the men she consensually had sex with filmed the whole encounter.

The woman changed her story AGAIN, saying she had sex with the three boys, but refused to let a fourth join in. Angry and humiliated, she went to her friends who told her to report them.

No evidence has risen to confirm her second or third story.

They were boys.

All of them were aged 15–18. Depending on which ones she had sex with, she could’ve been a statutory rapist.

Seven of them were in jail for about a week, only five were released immediately. Despite being kept anonymous, one of the boys even reports:

“I am walking in the street and people are calling me a rapist.”

And this was in Israel, after returning home.

But others were just happy to be out:

‘I feel great. The truth came out and I am happy,’

Thankfully, the woman is reportedly going to prison for a year, and is probably going to be facing a multi-million dollar fine.

What concerns me is EVERYONE who acted like they knew all the facts before the full story leaked.

Many women’s organizations in Israel made opinion pieces about “toxic masculinity” in Israeli men before the allegation was revealed to be false.

Several of them condemned the boys and sent support to the British woman.

It’s insane.

It’s insane how much coverage this got before a verdict was declared.

And how quickly people were jumping to conclusions, and writing opinion pieces. Even if it turned out that the woman was innocent and the boys were guilty, this shouldn’t have been made public for the sake of both parties’ privacy and sanity.

These boys will forever be traumatized by this. But because of the media coverage they’ll be traumatized by the stigma for the rest of their lives.

That’s scary.

(These are two of the boys pulling their shirts over their faces to avoid having their identity revealed)

Re: In Your Opinion, What Is The Scariest Thing About The World We Live In Today? by James39: 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
In my own opinion; the scariest thing about the world we live in is MAN.

ECCLESIASTES 7:29

1 Like

Re: In Your Opinion, What Is The Scariest Thing About The World We Live In Today? by dawnomike(m): 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2020
The scariest for me is 'Fools' in men's clothing... especially the wealthy and influential ones
Re: In Your Opinion, What Is The Scariest Thing About The World We Live In Today? by aremed(m): 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
H
Re: In Your Opinion, What Is The Scariest Thing About The World We Live In Today? by Moneywirer: 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
Honestly it's Buhari. But the scariest of them all are the zombies who love and support him.

1 Like

Re: In Your Opinion, What Is The Scariest Thing About The World We Live In Today? by Twinkletwin: 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2020
hunger poverty depression buhari
Re: In Your Opinion, What Is The Scariest Thing About The World We Live In Today? by harakiri(m): 10:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
People have become more self centered than ever. No one cares anymore e.g

A guy crashes his bike into the gutter, has injuries and bleeding all over yet all ppl do is whip out their phones, take pathetic pictures and upload to Facebook (while laughing at him by the way).

A promising female pilot dies at a young age and when the news hits nairaland, the first poster thanks god for being the first to comment regardless of the topic ( I wonder when this forum came down to this really).

While other countries provide for their ppl before lockdown, ours is busy politicizing and looting the treasury dry while keeping ppl hungry at home with armed men on the streets ready to kill for and disease that hasn't killed up to 10 ppl (meanwhile malaria,thypoid and hunger kills thousands in this country every day and they don't give a damn).

The list is endless.

(1) (Reply)

The Story Behind Temple Run / Man Selling Shea Butter As Coronavirus Cure Nabbed / See Video Of The 3 UNIPORT Students Killed And Buried In A Shallow Grave By Kid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.