Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,210 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction (1491 Views)

World Bank Projects $17.6 Billion Diaspora Remittance To Nigeria / Help, Yahoo Boys Asking For My Mastercard / Why Is Google Rejecting My Mastercard?? Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
I'm confused, I don't understand what's going on. I paid for a gig that costs $17 on Fiverr with my UBA MasterCard few mins ago and was charged N15,000 (N882/$). Did I do something wrong? Why was I given this outrageous rate for Christ sake! Earlier on today a transaction of $15 failed on Paypal but I was debited 6K Plus for it. I don't understand UBA anymore.
Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by rottennaija(m): 7:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
Northmall:
I'm confused, I don't understand what's going on. I paid for a gig that costs $17 on Fiverr with my UBA MasterCard few mins ago and was charged N15,000 (N882/$). Did I do something wrong? Why was I given this outrageous rate for Christ sake! Earlier on today a transaction of $15 failed on Paypal but I was debited 6K Plus for it. I don't understand UBA anymore.

Call them or email them. Even yesterday, I was order from Aliexpress items worth almost $14 and was charged 5,426. That's almost $390/$1
Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by forghon: 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
So you think that billions they donated is free?

6 Likes

Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
rottennaija:

Call them or email them. Even yesterday, I was order from Aliexpress items worth almost $14 and was charged 5,426. That's almost $390/$1

Called them earlier and they said I have to go to the bank to fill a form for the failed transaction that I was debited for. This other transaction I was debited 15K for happened about an hour ago I've been calling but no one is picking. This lock down period I now have to travel 1hr before I get to a UBA branch tomorrow morning.
Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by rottennaija(m): 7:36pm On Apr 08, 2020
Northmall:

Called them earlier and they said I have to go to the bank to fill a form for the failed transaction that I was debited for. This other transaction I was debited 15K for happened about an hour ago I've been calling but no one is picking. This lock down period I now have to travel 1hr before I get to a UBA branch tomorrow morning.
Prepare a well documented email stating everything as they happen with attachments and send to them

1 Like

Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 08, 2020
forghon:
So you think that billions they donated is free?

By stealing from customers? They've not returned my 5K failed transaction I did on Barter since 2 weeks ago. And also a 36K unauthorised debit on 23 March cry
Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2020
rottennaija:

Prepare a well documented email stating everything as they happen with attachments and send to them

I've emailed them for a previous transaction issue about two weeks ago and never got a reply. I'll send an email tomorrow morning if I don't get a good response from the people I'll meet at the bank.
Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by Tapout(m): 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2020
then b4 I abandoned the account, they deduct me every month for card maintenance even when I don't make use of the card in a month, they will still deduct me. It's really crazy. I bank with first, GT and Aceess bank too, I don't get such deductions.

OP make a complaint to them asap!

1 Like

Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by SilentVboy: 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2020
Tapout:
then b4 I abandoned the account, they deduct me every month for card maintenance even when I don't make use of the card in a month, they will still deduct me. It's really crazy. I bank with first, GT and Aceess bank too, I don't get such deductions.

OP make a complaint to them asap!
U are right bro. I have abandoned UBA for over 10years. I use GTB. GTB remain my best.
Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by chinonyinye: 11:31pm On Apr 08, 2020
It's better to visit them on Twitter. They'll attend to you faster there. Just call them out on Twitter.
Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by rottennaija(m): 4:03am On Apr 09, 2020
Northmall:

I've emailed them for a previous transaction issue about two weeks ago and never got a reply. I'll send an email tomorrow morning if I don't get a good response from the people I'll meet at the bank.

It's better to email them so that you will have evidence for future action against them. Just ensure that your email gets to the right address, most banks have about 3 customer service addresses, copy all of them.

But let your email be well detailed with date, time, transaction carried out and transaction IDs and your observations. The attachments should be in PDF and should include the transaction notification from your bank and the charges, and the transaction you carried out, the website, the transaction time and the amount paid etc. Relevant information.

1 Like

Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by CallMeDrino: 7:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
rottennaija:

It's better to email them so that you will have evidence for future action against them. Just ensure that your email gets to the right address, most banks have about 3 customer service addresses, copy all of them.

But let your email be well detailed with date, time, transaction carried out and transaction IDs and your observations. The attachments should be in PDF and should include the transaction notification from your bank and the charges, and the transaction you carried out, the website, the transaction time and the amount paid etc. Relevant information.

The best way he can solve the problem is to message them on Twitter. If dem wan show say they are crazy, he should call them out, they'd do the right thing.
Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
CallMeDrino:

The best way he can solve the problem is to message them on Twitter. If dem wan show say they are crazy, he should call them out, they'd do the right thing.

UPDATE:

A UBA representative contacted me on Friday. She took time to listen to my complain and manually review my account. She promised to get back to me. Since it's weekend and Easter holiday, I'll wait until Tuesday when work resumes.

cc rottennaija
Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by rottennaija(m): 12:52am On Apr 13, 2020
Northmall:

UPDATE:

A UBA representative contacted me on Friday and took time to listen to my complain and manually review my account. She promised to get back to me. Since it's weekend and Easter holiday, I'll wait until Tuesday when work resumes.

cc rottennaija

OK. Hope they resolve it.

1 Like

Re: UBA Just Billed My Mastercard N15,000 For A $17 Fiverr Transaction by cmoney22222: 8:46am On Apr 13, 2020
Uba are getting crazy, just yestiday I did an online transaction of 14 eur and was charged 478 naira / eur and that same yestiday I received 16.7 eur to my card account and was received @ the rate of 418 naira / eur.

This is open scam.. I don’t understand again

(1) (Reply)

How To Influence People To Send You Money Even In Recession. / Nigeria’s Tradedepot Secures $10 Million Funding / How Do I Make Money From Empty Paper Boxes/Cartons/paper Packages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.