Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,526 members, 7,816,284 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata (67873 Views)

FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises / 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting / Nigerian Government Declares Tuesday Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Rapmoney(m): 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
Bunkum and balderdash

Effort in futility.

Even if you close all their offices, it doesn't stop them from flying to and fro Rivers State.

In a world where transactions are now completed online, who walks into the office.

I don't even know the office of any airline in the entire world.

Another moniker operated by .
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by CeterisXVII: 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
Xisnin:
Caverton is foolish for trying to fight the state government.

The state government owns all the land within its boundary and any
business that wants to succeed must obey state rules and regulations.

All Caverton management should have done is submit the manifest of its passengers for
proper testing and quarantine but they refused because they feel too big.
Caverton is NOT a licensed medical outfit, neither is it the Ministry of Health. It is NOT their job to provide details of the health status of their passengers.

The only thing Wike should have done, was to order that the pilots and the passengers should be tested on arrival. And the state government has NO powers to dictate who can fly over its airspace.

Aviation, airports and the national airspace as well as airline passenger issues, are all on the exclusive legislative list, which is solely the federal government's jurisdiction.

So what kind of grammar is Wike speaking? He should take legal advice from his wife, please!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Iceberg3: 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
michlins:
same immunity was there when ngige was kidnapped as a governor and his security details removed. Buhari can deal with Wike in so many ways. How about claiming that for grounding caverton,he stopped movements of critical staff and thereby hampered the workings of the oil and gas industry. And he claims that Port Harcourt will pay for the losses and put a stop on their allocation. The federal government is all powerful in Nigeria

And it will remain so cos of people like you.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Rapmoney(m): 10:16pm On Apr 08, 2020
michlins:
please when the powers that be comes hard on Wike, don't claim marginalization. There are exclusive lists which Wike have no power to control. This guy is just power drunk and we all know how Buhari can disregard rule of law when he wants to discipline someone. Ask NK,ask dasuki

Senseless analysis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Iceberg3: 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Carry your fake law to Dahomey.

Lol

I done hear another one today.

Don't mind him. He's just making noise and thinks he's intelligent grin grin
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by chaloskyx: 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2020
wike you better use your head its not every time you would want to act tough indirectly you are taking away jobs from rivers people. you are just throwing tantrums because federal govt pampered lagos state with covid 19 funds
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Splashme: 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2020
michlins:
please when the powers that be comes hard on Wike, don't claim marginalization. There are exclusive lists which Wike have no power to control. This guy is just power drunk and we all know how Buhari can disregard rule of law when he wants to discipline someone. Ask NK,ask dasuki

Oga gerraway joor ! Na today ?
What else have they not done to Wike ?

The matter is already in court .
Aviation Minister should go make his case in court

$
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Iceberg3: 10:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Go for an HIV test
Receive brains grin
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:20pm On Apr 08, 2020
michlins:

They can’t be any harder than they were during the elections and he flooored them all ... Wike is a confirm baddo .. sars , army and others except the police were against him and he came out victorious ...nothing in there Arsenal that is new ... Amaechi was using military convoy still he got nothing on the man ... put respect to his name ...

When Wike was a minster , he delivered rivers to the PDP while Amechi was the sitting governor

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Xisnin(m): 10:20pm On Apr 08, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Caverton is NOT a licensed medical outfit, neither is it the Ministry of Health. It is NOT their job to provide details of the health status of their passengers.

The only thing Wike should have done, was to order that the pilots and the passengers should be tested on arrival. And the state government has NO powers to dictate who can fly over its airspace.

Aviation, airports and the national airspace as well as airline passenger issues, are all on the exclusive legislative list, which is solely the federal government's jurisdiction.

So what kind of grammar is Wike speaking? He should take legal advice from his wife, please!!
Nobody asked them for their health status.
There is a lockdown in place and they ought to ask for permission before landing any passenger.

Exclusive legislative list is not what you think it means.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by michlins(m): 10:20pm On Apr 08, 2020
Iceberg3:

You cannot have your private business in a state and disregard the governor of said state simply cos you got some numbers to call at Abuja!
If Abuja needs to carry out certain operation in any state at such critical time,it's normal for them to be in contact with the state govt.

Abuja/Buhari should stop intimidating Nigerians and people like you should quit slave mentality.

Can any company operating in say Lagos,dare Sanwo Olu just cos they have Abuja connection?
you guys are funny. These people were licensed to operate in Nigeria by the federal government. They are not just backed by the federal government but also the constitution. They pay taxes to the federal government and Rivers State collects hers too which makes Rivers a partner. They can sue Rivers State and collect billions in damages. They are provisioned to operate in a time like this. Air Peace have been flying and landing in Lagos and never had sanwo tried to meddle. You might say Air Peace brings critical materials for the fight against the pandemic but those things won't pay for themselves. Caverton services is needed to ensure that we generate the funds

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by CeterisXVII: 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
jaxxy:
Did sanwolu not arrest party goers here for violating covid19 containment orders and the minister of aviation was saying rubbish. The aviation coy also doesn't know the protocol of informing the state of such movement?
poshestmina:
Wike is the Governor and Chief Security Officer of Rivers State and so can, should and has done the right thing to protect his territory.

What exactly was the mission of the helicopter and who were the passengers?

Their Sinister , unknown mission is highly suspicious.

Why does Lagos State government have right to arrest and prosecute Funke Akindele etc for breaking the Lockdown Regulations and Rivers State government can't arrest and prosecute people for same offences?

SMH undecided

What business is more important than the health of Rivers State people at this particular point in time?
Wike has done well and we are in support of it.

Everybody stay in your state till all of this is over ,it's not that hard!!!!.
You guys are very funny. cheesy Party goers is what you are comparing to flying a helicopter through our airspace? Chai!! shocked

Please Wike has no powers over the airspace. He cannot ground any aircraft as the constitution of Nigeria, does NOT give him the power to do so!

oyeb15:
Federal Government have sole authority over airspace. States have no right whatsoever. Does wike seek approval from Sanwo olu anytime he flies Rivers State Jet and Chopper to Lagos?
Wike can't try that with Olusegun Okikiola Obasanjo as president.
This lockdown if not quickly stopped by FG, some oil rich states will gang up and declare independence. It will break Nigeria.
Please make them understand this simple fact.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by idahme(m): 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
guy222:
no mind them, they dont know that the federal government can stop rivers state allocation as a result of this single act and nothing i repeat nothing will happen

You guys are so naive, fed gov can't I repeat fed gov can't.... You guys are citing obj withhending LGA funds in Lagos which the Supreme court has settled with its ruling. Don't know which dreams u guys get these assertions from, pathetic youths without information
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:25pm On Apr 08, 2020
michlins:
same immunity was there when ngige was kidnapped as a governor and his security details removed. Buhari can deal with Wike in so many ways. How about claiming that for grounding caverton,he stopped movements of critical staff and thereby hampered the workings of the oil and gas industry. And he claims that Port Harcourt will pay for the losses and put a stop on their allocation. The federal government is all powerful in Nigeria

This is a proof that you lack knowledge. If the helicopter company is critical to the point of crippling operations of oil from let the oil major declare a force majeur on that basis so the entire world we know that our oil industry depends on a monopoly for air logistic.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by michlins(m): 10:25pm On Apr 08, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

They can’t be any harder than they were during the elections and he flooored them all ... Wike is a confirm baddo .. sars , army and others except the police were against him and he came out victorious ...nothing in there Arsenal that is new ... Amaechi was using military convoy still he got nothing on the man ... put respect to his name ...

When Wike was a minster , he delivered rivers to the PDP while Amechi was the sitting governor
I just dey laugh oh. Rivers State is a PDP state and the federal government respected that. Wike was shakes during the election because APC are playing the long game. The last election was to soften the ground and make new enemies for PDP so that APC takeover will become simpler with less blood. You folks are just too funny.

Let me tell you, NO BODY IN NIGERIA CAN CHALLENGE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND WIN. NOT BOKO HARAN NOT WIKE AND NOT MILITANTS

You may point out BH, but just know it is a cash cow for some people just like Afghanistan is a cash cow for some people in America
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by CeterisXVII: 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2020
chimex001:
The two main Caverton offices in Rivers are located in Air Force base and shell IA so... how will an LGA chairman enforce this “order”??
I don't know for him, o!! Wike is a clown, honestly! grin
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2020
Rapmoney:

Another moniker operated by .
Very obvious.....but how did you find out??
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Coldie(m): 10:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
idahme:

They should and never fly into Rivers State.... As a lay man as you are you failed to put necessary thinking before that assertion.
1) how will they survive operations with stiff competition from Bristol, Aero etc
2) will passengers travel to imo state to board Caveaton
3) will they still charge same amount to their clients because of longer routes to cover knowing fully well that recurrent expenditure will double
These issues and many more will make Caveaton go bankrupt if the relocate their operations from rivers state, knowing fully when more than 50percent of their operations comes from rivers....
I understand your point.

He just trying to sell his state doesn't account to any hard feelings.

Helicopter services would be very successful for a state like rivers.

Most of the oil facilities are not accessible by roads. Most roads its better u use a helicopter, cause as an expatriate the cost of moving around with heavy security is almost same price.

But wikes words were extreme
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by idahme(m): 10:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
grandstar:
Pride is before a fall. Tomorrow, this man will come begging.

begging you? Allow him to take decision as the governor, did u vote for him? Is he your governor? Why do you cry more than the bereaved ? If as a leader you can't take decisions that are difficult then you are not a leader
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by JAMO84: 10:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

Caverton helicopters is an American company.Who dash yoruba monkey banana
Calverton helicopter Aviation services is owned by Niyi Makanjuola. Google is sitting idle on your phone, use it, it'd save you from embarrassing yourself!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by michlins(m): 10:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

This is a proof that you lack knowledge. If the helicopter company is critical to the point of crippling operations of oil from let the oil major declare a force majeur on that basis so the entire world we know that our oil industry depends on a monopoly for air logistic.
this is law. There are twist and turns. I can claim that I walk with my hands and if I can prove it, I will win. That doesn't mean that I walk with my hands. The federal government can claim whatever it wants because of Wike actions and whatever you say on nairaland won't change a thing.

When the court ordered for the release of dasuki, the federal government claimed national security and that was where it ended until they decided to let him go
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Coldie(m): 10:30pm On Apr 08, 2020
idahme:

You guys are so naive, fed gov can't I repeat fed gov can't.... You guys are citing obj withhending LGA funds in Lagos which the Supreme court has settled with its ruling. Don't know which dreams u guys get these assertions from, pathetic youths without information
Them no born FG well to stop rivers state allocations.

Its easier to declare state of emergency in the state than stop its allocation.

Oil companies especially those remitting to the FG would SUFFER

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by idahme(m): 10:30pm On Apr 08, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

Shebi the militants will sit and watch you drill their oyel to finance katsina and leave Rivers to starve?

Guy leave that guy, he doesn't know his left from right
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Moventist: 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2020
luckshine007:

Just leave him, we in port harcourt saw the way he was running from pillar to post during last election. Na only mouth him get, even Rivers people re turning against him now

Yet he triumphed over your evil machination with the whole federal might
If you're in Rivers won't make that rubbish state

The Airforce commander alerted the Governor on the Helicopter arrival which the governor and the police commissioner swift into action

Airforce commander and CP are federal government staff . Why do you think the need the Governor? The answer is simple ; the dreaded Covid 19 doesn't respect you grandfather. Therefore your refusal to protect each other will activate it spread. The Airforce commander and the CP too need to save their lives too by working in synergy with the governor to protect the people and themselves
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Hayjay231(m): 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2020
Lol our dear Wike needs the billions too don’t b surprised if rivers record more cases. If u know u know
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Rexomania1111(m): 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
michlins:
I am sick and tired of hearing exclusive list this, exclusive list that.
First of all, Wike is the CSOand number 1 person of rivers state and having placed restrictions on flights within his jurisdiction, the so called federal powers ought to have pre-informed the Rivers state government of the inbound chopper and not undermine the authority of the state governor.
Are you aware that all lands in Rivers state belongs to the Rivers state government and not the Federal government which brings me to the Latin phrase " Quicquid plantatur solo, solo cedit "
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Okwyjesus(m): 10:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
michlins:

On this one we will all come out and tie hands in chain around Wike waist.

I pity the company.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Rapmoney(m): 10:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
osydennyz:

Very obvious.....but how did you find out??

I know his pattern. Very illogical in reasoning.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by flexyrule(m): 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2020
ddippset:
All these people chest beating for Wike and playing music for him do not understand how powerful the FG is and how they can treat his fucck up in a minute.

Even though i like Wike's actions so far and how seriously he has taken this corona issue,

He shouldn't make the mistake of tussling with the FG.

I believe that they just do not have his time yet.

What/Who is Wike without the CP and the Army GOC?

All the FG needs to do is change the Police Commisioner and the Commander of Bori Camp and Wike is mince meat.

Obj for don do that one already.

Someone needs to advise Wike but I hope it doesn't get to that.

I love every action he has taken so far wrt covid 19.
Just like they're doing in Sambisa ba?
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by michlins(m): 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2020
Iceberg3:

And it will remain so cos of people like you.
no it will remain so because of people like you who don't understand how crazy our constitution is. Until we realize that the constitution gave some people an unlimited amount of power,we will keep electing stupid people into the legislative arm of the government. First and important way to change a situation is to understand that it's a problem. Right now, most of you are being sentimental and forming Badoo on the internet forgetting that our laws were made by the military and it gave the powers to the government in the center and not to the people. Stop living in fools paradise and wake up to reality. Our law made it possible for a certain Tanko who's an Islamic judge to become the supreme Court judge of a secular state like Nigeria
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2020
michlins:
I just dey laugh oh. Rivers State is a PDP state and the federal government respected that. Wike was shakes during the election because APC are playing the long game. The last election was to soften the ground and make new enemies for PDP so that APC takeover will become simpler with less blood. You folks are just too funny.

Let me tell you, NO BODY IN NIGERIA CAN CHALLENGE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND WIN. NOT BOKO HARAN NOT WIKE AND NOT MILITANTS

You may point out BH, but just know it is a cash cow for some people just like Afghanistan is a cash cow for some people in America

Mr. They brought out their entire armoury against the man killed Riverians and yet they stood their ground.

Amaechi led the federal troop...was Kwara not a confirm PDP state with a senate president and sitting governor?

As long as it is politicos, leave am for the man wey sabi... Wike pass dem... We are not discussing boko haram kind of situation... Rivers doesn't have their own army and not empowered by law to have any army or police and cannot therefore confront the federal government, militarily.

If the law gave them the power and they had, they did they will over run the federal government... They have the youths, the waters and grooves and creeks to their advantages

Boko has been running on plan land in the forest up north for years and beating the army to it every year

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Militant General Killed After Gun Battle With Soldiers From His Ceiling. Photos / Hoodlums Steal Obafemi Awolowo’s Glasses From Statue As Looting Continues / Buhari Picking An Item From The Floor For Ganiyat Fawehinmi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.