Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata (67870 Views)

FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises / 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting / Nigerian Government Declares Tuesday Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by BarryBoy(m): 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
Just watch out u think we are slaves in Rivers State. We shall defend Wike with the last drop of our blood.
ednut1:
Wike just like to behave like tout. Their ph base is in naval airforce. Will any lga or state officer dare go there

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by akezn: 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
Why not learn?

MelesZenawi:

Carry your fake law to Dahomey.

Lol

I done hear another one today.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Dnonso22: 11:38pm On Apr 08, 2020
God bless nairalanders
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by iconomics(m): 11:38pm On Apr 08, 2020
michlins:
according to the land use act of Nigeria, the federal government owns all land and leaves it in trust of the states. Wike is a care taker. Buhari is the landlord

which section of the land use act are you making reference to?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by otokx(m): 11:39pm On Apr 08, 2020
Act 1 Scene 2
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by smeag0l(m): 11:39pm On Apr 08, 2020
Well, Just so you know. Rivers state doesnt produce more than 60% of all of nigeria's oil and gas. And that's because some wells in other neighbouring states have not yet been opened. Let me also educate you the more. Caverton is not mandated to fly from Rivers and if Rivers state stifles their business then they move to lagos. None of the oil field locations people fly to from there is in Rivers. Nigeria can comfortably produce 70% of what it is or even more without any production from Rivers. There's oil and gas in Bayelsa, Akwa ibom, delta, abia, crossover, imo, indo and lagos and these are all in commercial quantity. Allocations may be slightly reduced but will still come.
flexyrule:
One Caverton helicopter shot down by an RPG from the creeks, then six pipelines and 1 flow station blown up and your state won't be able to get that same allocation for 6 Months.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Excuzeme: 11:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
flexyrule:
Akwa Ibom state government owns an airline. What makes you think Rivers state government can't float a state owned aviation company?
Employment my ass. How many Rivers imdigenes do you see working outside rivers state?

And who will give the License to such Airline floated by the Governor?
is Wike's LGA Chiarman? grin grin

or Buhari's federal govt? undecided undecided

Some of you sef, SMH sad
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Excuzeme: 11:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
My friend Nonso, how are you doing?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by OpinionCounts(m): 11:47pm On Apr 08, 2020
vertueptime:
All becose of share of the loot, give him money and he will keep quiet

So this corruption free angelic government is looting and sharing money? Even in the presence of the self acclaimed righteous one Buhari..it is well.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Flier: 11:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
Wike has no power under the law to send any company away
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by olaremint(m): 11:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
Wike is just plain stupid or wants to waste people's lives and cry FG, when bubu said Lagos and FCt on lockdown for 14 days, did Sanwoolu cough, dem no born am well. The air, sea, rail, and major parts of the land belongs to the Federal Government. The Dss, Police, Army belong to the the Federal Government. The head of the Judiciary also belongs to the Federal government. Wike is dead on arrival.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by aimmoney9: 11:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
PERSONA NON GRATA MEANS UNWELCOME GUESTS NICE USE OF WORDS
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Erattus: 12:04am On Apr 09, 2020
Beremx:
It is well o!!
Bros which way?
Abeg no use Ladd finish omo boy for here abeg
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Okeytus(m): 12:14am On Apr 09, 2020
bkool7:

You people are speaking as if the helicopter was loaded with corona virus.
Can't we reason objectively again because we have sympathy for certain parties?

Even Lagos that's the epicentre, a plane still flew over today.
Did the passenger in the helicopter result to be tested?

Wike is just overreacting
other states with no single case of Corona virus currently on lockdown are not mad, this pandemic is being prevented because containing its spread when it's goes viral is almost impossible.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by bakescos01: 12:15am On Apr 09, 2020
michlins:
please when the powers that be comes hard on Wike, don't claim marginalization. There are exclusive lists which Wike have no power to control. This guy is just power drunk and we all know how Buhari can disregard rule of law when he wants to discipline someone. Ask NK,ask dasuki

Most of all this our politicians are power drunk. Like Buhari like Wike. Give them power and they will misuse it. Wike has no right under law to arrest those pilots after being cleared by the ministry of Aviation. Except if we want to change our constitution which I would love to see each state controlling itself but with this our present day politicians it seems this governors self will turn themselves to God once being giving that kind of power.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by vertueptime: 12:16am On Apr 09, 2020
OpinionCounts:

So this corruption free angelic government is looting and sharing money? Even in the presence of the self acclaimed righteous one Buhari..it is well.

This administration has shown gej that hes a learner in shameless looting
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Excuzeme: 12:18am On Apr 09, 2020
Iceberg3:

I agree with you,I'm in that bandwagon. And that is why we gotta stand against these northerners that have taken over all positions of power to oppress the south.
We must rally round people like Wike.
I'm not Igbo or even from Rivers state but we must rally round people like Wike and Kanu who look at these internal colonialists in the eye.

Rallying round Wike on this particular matter, is not how to change the Constitution, it is a waste of tiem moreover, Wike is as bad as the Tanko in Aso Rock!
One is a State Thug and Dictator while the other is a Federal Dictator and terrorist enabler!

If you are really sincere about changing anything, stsrt with the calibre of people you elect into the national Assembly, that is where laws are made and changed, where Presidents are impeached and cut to size.

Imagine Kogi that elected a fraud like Dino Melaye to the Senate, or Lagos that keeps returning Tinubu's kitchen appendage to the Senate everytime or Osun that sent Mr "Twerking" Adeleke to the NASS as their representative?
What good do you expect to come out of Representatives like that?
Las las, they will dash you One loaf of Bread like Mr. #1 Obasa in Lagos State!
grin grin

Wike should not start a fight he cant win or finish, that is my own advice.
One must chose one's battle carefully, without emotions
Tinubu did so with OBJ or the issue of federal Allocation and he won eventually, because the Constitution was on his side.
undecided
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by idealogical: 12:24am On Apr 09, 2020
This is the same state with the highest misery index and unemployment rate in Nigeria.

The useless, crude and no common sense governor just eliminated more jobs and created many reasons for businesses and other oil support services not to step inside that state.

Good job Wike, very good job.

. grin grin
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Excuzeme: 12:25am On Apr 09, 2020
olaremint:
Wike is just plain stupid or wants to waste people's lives and cry FG, when bubu said Lagos and FCt on lockdown for 14 days, did Sanwoolu cough, dem no born am well. The air, sea, rail, and major parts of the land belongs to the Federal Government. The Dss, Police, Army belong to the the Federal Government. The head of the Judiciary also belongs to the Federal government. Wike is dead on arrival.

Dont mind all those ignorant mor*ns who are pushing Wike up and down.
The Consitutuion is faulty but it is still what we all depend on.
It was written by wicked military Dictators like Abdusalam, Babangida, Abacha, etc. for their own selfish power-grabbing, not in the interest of Nigerians.
That constitution virtually made a Nigerian president a sort of demi god, with powers that any humanbeing must not control.

But as it is now, Wike will fry like Shrimp if Buhari decides to put him gra gra on fire.
Wike better be careful so that his Egungun no go enter Express.
undecided undecided

The most urgent responsibility of Nigerians is to see to the thrashing of this 1999 Constitution (through electing Politicians that would swear to such action) and then writing a new, citizen-friendly one and then devolve into regionalism.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Dnonso22: 12:30am On Apr 09, 2020
Excuzeme:

Stop this begging, Nonso!
Igbo people dont beg for money, it is only hausa and Afonja that do so or did you not read what some of your brothers wrote yesterday? shocked grin

Ah!! Like you know me, it was for a reason!! I have deleted it..
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Dnonso22: 12:34am On Apr 09, 2020
Excuzeme:

Stop this begging, Nonso!
Igbo people dont beg for money, it is only hausa and Afonja that do so or did you not read what some of your brothers wrote yesterday? shocked grin

Can you help me and modify your post by putting it off cuz I have deleted the original post already

Thank you
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Cantonese: 12:37am On Apr 09, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
Bunkum and balderdash

Effort in futility.

Even if you close all their offices, it doesn't stop them from flying to and fro Rivers State.

In a world where transactions are now completed online, who walks into the office.

I don't even know the office of any airline in the entire world.

Agreed. No wahala. But where will they land when their offices are closed? On whose property will they land? Or they can land directly on oil rigs? How will they go about it? Please explain.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by michlins(m): 12:44am On Apr 09, 2020
bakescos01:

Most of all this our politicians are power drunk. Like Buhari like Wike. Give them power and they will misuse it. Wike has no right under law to arrest those pilots after being cleared by the ministry of Aviation. Except if we want to change our constitution which I would love to see each state controlling itself but with this our present day politicians it seems this governors self will turn themselves to God once being giving that kind of power.
brother na so we See Nigeria. Unfortunately lots of people see what Wike is doing as the right thing. Lots of abuse of power full this country. Buhari is power drunk, Wike is power hungry
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by flexyrule(m): 12:45am On Apr 09, 2020
Excuzeme:

And who will give the License to such Airline floated by the Governor?
is Wike's LGA Chiarman? grin grin

or Buhari's federal govt? undecided undecided

Some of you sef, SMH sad
And you forgot that the likes of Nesto, Bristow OAS and AERO are there The FG should keep their licence to themselves na!
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by flexyrule(m): 12:48am On Apr 09, 2020
smeag0l:
Well, Just so you know. Rivers state doesnt produce more than 60% of all of nigeria's oil and gas. And that's because some wells in other neighbouring states have not yet been opened. Let me also educate you the more. Caverton is not mandated to fly from Rivers and if Rivers state stifles their business then they move to lagos. None of the oil field locations people fly to from there is in Rivers. Nigeria can comfortably produce 70% of what it is or even more without any production from Rivers. There's oil and gas in Bayelsa, Akwa ibom, delta, abia, crossover, imo, indo and lagos and these are all in commercial quantity. Allocations may be slightly reduced but will still come.
I bet you, a halt in oil production in Rivers state for one month would shake Nigeria. 14 days of this Corona pandemic and the country is going haywire looking for where to borrow funds from. There are plans already for budget cut which would most definitely affect critical aspect of the economy. They won't even dare tamper with any part of the goose that lays the golden eggs. I swear they wont!
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by kemi91851: 12:52am On Apr 09, 2020
fjd6rv9xgt
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Excuzeme: 12:53am On Apr 09, 2020
Dnonso22:

Can you help me and modify your post by putting it off cuz I have deleted the original post already

Thank you

I have done so.
You see why guys need to chill and stop pointing fingers at others, because you never can say who will need help from who. undecided undecided
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Excuzeme: 12:56am On Apr 09, 2020
flexyrule:
And you forgot that the likes of Nesto, Bristow OAS and AERO are there The FG should keep their licence to themselves na!
You said the Govt of Rivers can just float a new airline and l asked you who will give them the license to fly ..
then you come back with this lame reply? shocked shocked
What has these ones got to do with it or dont you know too that those ones you named still get and renew their license from the Fed Govt?
Maybe you think itis Wike that gave them License, ignorant boy. grin grin
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Excuzeme: 12:59am On Apr 09, 2020
Cantonese:

Agreed. No wahala. But where will they land when their offices are closed? On whose property will they land? Or they can land directly on oil rigs? How will they go about it? Please explain.

They dont land in the Office, they land at Airports or helipad located on the Oil Rigs or at the airport or some parts of their large expanse of land but wherever they want to land, they still need a License to operate and that comes from the federal Govt at Abuja.

In the case of Caverton, they currently use a Naval base in PH and even Wike or his LGA touts cannot enter the place, it is a fed. Govt property. grin grin
Let him stop all these posturing,
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Excuzeme: 1:00am On Apr 09, 2020
Dnonso22:

Ah!! Like you know me, it was for a reason!! I have deleted it..

I know you, you are a nice guy. undecided
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by akan102: 1:02am On Apr 09, 2020
michlins:
same immunity was there when ngige was kidnapped as a governor and his security details removed. Buhari can deal with Wike in so many ways. How about claiming that for grounding caverton,he stopped movements of critical staff and thereby hampered the workings of the oil and gas industry. And he claims that Port Harcourt will pay for the losses and put a stop on their allocation. The federal government is all powerful in Nigeria

In your mind O you don talk, clap for you ���
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by desthan(m): 1:03am On Apr 09, 2020
Thought that persona non Grata are usually for individuals/persons.

Did not know it applies to companies as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Militant General Killed After Gun Battle With Soldiers From His Ceiling. Photos / Hoodlums Steal Obafemi Awolowo’s Glasses From Statue As Looting Continues / Buhari Picking An Item From The Floor For Ganiyat Fawehinmi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.