Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,973 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction (1744 Views)

710 Nigerians Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In 10 Months —igbo Youth Movement / Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo Youth Movement Backs Saraki - (photo) / Nairalander Eye Account Of Jos Bombing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Olaedo1: 2:21am On Jan 03, 2011
[size=15pt]Jos bombing: Igbo youth movement decries govt inaction[/size]

Chris Oji, Enugu 02/01/2011 03:19:00

THE Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) has raised an alarm that if the sponsors of the “carefully orchestrated and pre-meditated callous blood baths” in Jos and Maidugiri are not fished out immediately and brought to justice the authorities would be unwittingly making self determination groups like MASSOB and OPC very popular and very attractive options.

Addressing a press conference in Enugu at the weekend National President of the IYM Comrade Elliot Uko said, “we all know that the ignorant and ill-fed characters that carry out these atrocities do not have the mental capacity and resources to plan and execute these atrocities.

“We remind their hidden sponsors that they are not the only ones tired of one Nigeria; that so many other groups have designed their flags waiting and praying for deliverance from this badly structured Unitary and very corrupt country called Nigeria.

“The IYM is pleading with the Federal Government to fish out the hidden sponsors and bring them to early justice. At the last count 16 Igbo’s had been killed and more than 30 seriously wounded; this evil has continued simply because the executors and planners had always gone scot-free.

He noted that the timing of the current crisis is designed to test the will and capacity of the presidency, suggesting that from the way the presidency handles this, the evil masterminds will either come out in full force to wreck more havoc or give up their evil campaign of bloodshed.

“So the big question is, ‘do we have a weak presidency or do we have a capable presidency we can put our trust in?”

The group noted that how the current crisis in Jos and Maidugiri is handled will go a long way in telling if Nigeria is in capable hands at the moment.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/23487.html
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Jenifa1: 2:30am On Jan 03, 2011
nice move. I just hope that they don't resort to violence. violence never helps anybody. It only compounds the problem.

sometimes I wonder if the same thing won't have happened if it were hausas living in onitsha or aba. Hausas don't even live in igbo lands. Religion (Christianity and Islam) in Nigeria is a very sensitive issue I would advice the igbos to leave the muslim north and stay in the east. is that really difficult to do?
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by omongbatic: 2:53am On Jan 03, 2011
Jenifa_:

nice move. I just hope that they don't resort to violence. violence never helps anybody. It only compounds the problem.

sometimes I wonder if the same thing won't have happened if it were hausas living in onitsha or aba. Hausas don't even live in igbo lands. Religion (Christianity and Islam) in Nigeria is a very sensitive issue I would advice the igbos to leave the muslim north and stay in the east. is that really difficult to do?

The boldened portion of your post is the most ignorant thing I have ever read. Sometimes I wonder how much more ignorant some Nigerians can get.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by aljharem11(m): 3:22am On Jan 03, 2011
Jenifa_:

u know what,,,u took those words out of my mouth

i know 15 igbo were kill but i will advice my brothers to keep praying for peace and not get involve with northerners

we igbos always poke nose in other peoples business undecided
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by omongbatic: 3:36am On Jan 03, 2011
alj harem1:

i know 15 igbo were kill but i will advice my brothers to keep praying for peace and not get involve with northerners

You Igbo indeed. See nama almajiri wants to be Igbo.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by bashr4: 3:41am On Jan 03, 2011
alj harem1:

your an internet troll , and stop claiming to be igbo caus you know nothing about the igbos except for your hatred on them , do you know how many hausa and fulani people live in the east, the settlements are uncountable and nobody bothers them even when there is crisis in the north.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by aljharem11(m): 3:44am On Jan 03, 2011
bashr4:

your an internet troll , and stop claiming to be igbo caus you know nothing about the igbos except for your hatred on them , do you know how many hausa and fulani people live in the east, the settlements are uncountable and nobody bothers them even when there is crisis in the north.

i am preaching love and peace,,you are preaching hate undecided undecided

do you know anything about igbo apart from biafra/nigati/aboki etc

we igbos do not hate,,only people like you and others that hate not the us majority of igbos angry
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by omongbatic: 3:48am On Jan 03, 2011
alj harem1:

we igbos do not hate,,only people like you and others that hate not the us majority of igbos angry

You are a bonafide Boko Haram
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Olaedo1: 3:49am On Jan 03, 2011
alj harem1:

It's 2011 and you're still acting like a child?! Grow up.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by aljharem11(m): 3:51am On Jan 03, 2011
Ola edo:

It's 2011 and you're still acting like a child?! Grow up.

lol, acting like a child because i am half igbo and we igbo do not preach hate

i tell you u are the really child here,,, i think you should be the one to grow up with this you hate
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Olaedo1: 3:54am On Jan 03, 2011
alj harem1:

lol, acting like a child because i am half igbo and we igbo do not preach hate

i tell you u are the really child here,,, i think you should be the one to grow up with this you hate

First you enter into yoruba business,now igbo?Grow up, u claim kanuri so worry about kanuri business.You run around here all day acting like a child and disrespecting dead people like and imbecile1.Grow up!Cut the nonsense,you should be bigger than that.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by aljharem11(m): 4:07am On Jan 03, 2011
Ola edo:

First you enter into yoruba business,now igbo?Grow up, u claim kanuri so worry about kanuri business.You run around here all day acting like a child and disrespecting dead people like and imbecile1.Grow up!Cut the nonsense,you should be bigger than that.

look mumu,, you are the one disrespecting the dead ones

look who is calling his mother an slowpoke grin i think u do not really know who you are dealing with grin

why should i mind only kanuri business when i a also igbo undecided

are this yorubas not also nigerians undecided

is a nigeria no longer my business because i am a kanuri man undecided

or is kanuri no longer nigeria

ola edo,,,i know u are one of our silly brother ,,,, and i know u are bast.ard just like your father so just stop acting like a bast.ard and post to ur other useless igbo tribalist

as for me,,,, i am not a triblist an i love all nigerians

thanks for your time smiley smiley
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Jenifa1: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2011
bashr4:

your an internet troll , and stop claiming to be  igbo caus you know nothing about the igbos except for your hatred on them , do you know how many hausa and fulani people live in the east, the settlements are uncountable and nobody bothers them even when there is crisis in the north.

I won't be surprised if hausa people live in the east. They are usually always peaceful you don't even know that they live there.
Even in yorubaland, hausas live there peacefully and adjusted. despite some terrible things yorubas did to them in the past like forcing them into settlements.

igbos need to adjust to their environment. if you live in the north, you have to live differently. It's not your land so you have to know your limits. I'm sure there are also yoruba people living in the north. why aren't they complaining?

this is not saying the violence against igbo christians is acceptable. I will have to blame both sides in this case.
If I were a igbo leader, I would tell igbos to leave the north with immediate effect.
even the US when trouble occurs, they evacuate their citizens from those lands. it's very simple.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by asha80(m): 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2011
Jenifa_:

I won't be surprised if hausa people live in the east. They are usually always peaceful you don't even know that they live there.
Even in yorubaland, hausas live there peacefully and adjusted. despite some terrible things yorubas did to them in the past like forcing them into settlements.

igbos need to adjust to their environment. if you live in the north, you have to live differently. It's not your land so you have to know your limits. I'm sure there are also yoruba people living in the north. why aren't they complaining?

this is not saying the violence against igbo christians is acceptable. I will have to blame both sides in this case.
If I were a igbo leader, I would tell igbos to leave the north with immediate effect.
even the US when trouble occurs, they evacuate their citizens from those lands. it's very simple.

who told you that yorubas in the north are not complaining?
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by ekubear1: 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2011
Jenifa_:

Justify this with some sort of evidence. From what I know, the Hausa in Yorubaland chose to live in their own settlements, nobody forced them to.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Olaedo1: 9:23pm On Jan 03, 2011
Jenifa_:

I think it is clear that you have not a slight idea of what goes on in nigeria. Hausas live in the East have have been living there for a very long time.There are thousands of them there. You say they are usually always peaceful, they are not and are usually quite until they gain the numbers to start demanding this.Look at what they do in lagos. And you talk about igbos adjusting to their environment, they do like every other southerner.The problem comes when muslims there try to deny them of their right to worship and try to force islam on them. And you say yorubas in the north aren't complaining about the same thing?Where have you been? They are as well, type it into your search engine.smh. And as far as the article goes, those igbos that were killed in jos were regular citizens,they were not targeted because they were Igbo.Other southerns that live in jos were killed as well.The only reason this particular article got like is because the media wants to make it look like things a falling apart.hence, the mentioning of MASSOB,OPC, and separation of the country.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Jenifa1: 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2011
eku_bear:

Justify this with some sort of evidence. From what I know, the Hausa in Yorubaland chose to live in their own settlements, nobody forced them to.

"Customs and politics in urban Africa: A study of Hausa migrants in Yoruba towns" by abner cohen.

asha 80:

who told you that yorubas in the north are not complaining?

No body has to tell me, Everybody knows that the clash is mostly a Hausa/Igbo one.
even if yorubas are complaining at all, they are doing it silently
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by asha80(m): 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2011
Jenifa_:

"Customs and politics in urban Africa: A study of Hausa migrants in Yoruba towns" by abner cohen.

No body has to tell me, Everybody knows that the clash is mostly a Hausa/Igbo one.
even if yorubas are complaining at all, they are doing it silently

even it is silently is it still not a complaint 

as for saying that it is mostly a hausa/igbo clash that was about a decade ago.in recent times yorubas have been complaing more because most igbos in the north have stockpiled weapons to fight when there is issue there especially after 2006 debacle so the attack yorubas more these days.if you think i am lying go ask any yoruba that has been staying in the north recently especially kano,jos axis.ask the yoruba mulims there where they usually seek refuge when there is a crises as they they too are not spared not minding whether they are muslims.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Jenifa1: 9:42pm On Jan 03, 2011
Ola edo:

I think it is clear that you have not a slight idea of what goes on in nigeria. Hausas live in the East have have been living there for a very long time.There are thousands of them there. You say they are usually always peaceful, they are not and are usually quite until they gain the numbers to start demanding this.Look at what they do in lagos. And you talk about igbos adjusting to their environment, they do like every other southerner.The problem comes when muslims there try to deny them of their right to worship and try to force islam on them. And you say yorubas in the north aren't complaining about the same thing?Where have you been? They are as well, type it into your search engine.smh. And as far as the article goes,[b] those igbos that were killed in jos were regular citizens,they were not targeted because they were Igbo.Other southerns that live in jos were killed as well.[/b]The only reason this particular article got like is because the media wants to make it look like things a falling apart.hence, the mentioning of MASSOB,OPC, and separation of the country.

gbam. that was the first thing I was going to post but I hesitated because I was sure some igbo person will come out and attack my post. When I read the article, the first thing that came to my mind is "igbos are playing the marginalized ethnicity card again"  undecided
because in my opinion, there is a high chance that igbos weren't targeted for the killings.

We all know that muslims in power in the north are sometimes fanatic. Even regular muslims are complaining of sharia law not to talk of christians trying to move in there. Just stay in the south if you don't want to risk your life.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Jenifa1: 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2011
asha 80:

even it is silently is it still not a complaint 

as for saying that it is mostly a hausa/igbo clash that was about a decade ago.in recent times yorubas have been complaing more because most igbos in the north have stockpiled weapons to fight when there is issue there especially after 2006 debacle so the attack yorubas more these days.if you think i am lying go ask any yoruba that has been staying in the north recently especially kano,jos axis.

tell them to move back south.  undecided
why would you want to live in a state that's trying to install sharia law and think you can get away with practicing christianity there?
especially in a country like Nigeria where the govt does nothing about it?

how do the yorubas and igbos live? Do they live in quarters or settlements or are they dispersed?
I know I do not live in the north or even in Nigeria right now so my views are not accurate but i'm sure there are people who share my perspective and i'm also trying to learn about others' too.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Olaedo1: 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2011
Jenifa_:

why would you want to live in a state that's trying to install sharia law and think you can get away with practicing christianity there?

how do the yorubas and igbos live? Do they live in quarters or settlements or are they dispersed?
I know I do not live in the north or even in Nigeria right now so my views are not accurate but i'm sure there are people who share my perspective and i'm also trying to learn about others' too.

They are too dumb to realize that.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by asha80(m): 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2011
Jenifa_:

the bolded is the question you should have asked initially and not make assumptions.

in jos it is mixed.quaters and settlements and they also leave amongst the natives as jos is a majority christian city.nothing like sharia there.

in other sharia instituted cities of kano and others they stay in sabon gari which translates to strangers quaters.yoruba muslims also stay here as they feel safer there and morever the core mulsim northerners do not see them as 'true muslims'.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by asha80(m): 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2011
Ola edo:

They are too dumb to realize that.

bros i hope you know most of them do not have homes in the south grin inlcuding the yoruba and other southerners.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Jenifa1: 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2011
asha 80:

bros i hope you know most of them do not have homes in the south  grin inlcuding the yoruba and other southerners.

I felt he was being sarcastic.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Jenifa1: 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2011
asha 80:

the bolded is the question you should have asked initially and not make assumptions.

in jos it is mixed.quaters and settlements and they also leave amongst the natives as jos is a majority christian city.nothing like sharia there.

in other sharia instituted cities of kano and others they stay in sabon gari which translates to strangers quaters.yoruba muslims also stay here as they feel safer there and morever the core mulsim northerners do not see them as 'true muslims'.

What occupations are the yorubas and igbos generally involved in up north?
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by ekubear1: 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2011
Jenifa_:

I read that book myself on Google books less than 3 months ago. The creation of the Hausa district in Ibadan was fully supported (and in fact instigated by!) the Hausa community there.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Olaedo1: 10:04pm On Jan 03, 2011
asha 80:

bros i hope you know most of them do not have homes in the south grin inlcuding the yoruba and other southerners.

Well let them buy or build homes in their state of origin then.Zombies.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Olaedo1: 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2011
Jenifa_:

I felt he was being sarcastic.

I was being serious not sarcastic.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by asha80(m): 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2011
Jenifa_:

What occupations are the yorubas and igbos generally involved in up north?

trading,taxi running,hotel and hospitality businesses,building materials,spare sparts businesses
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by asha80(m): 10:08pm On Jan 03, 2011
Ola edo:

Well let them buy or build homes in their state of origin then.Zombies.

hehe guy your blood hot o.however i have come across a number of them they say they prefer up north because competition for business and life in general is lesser there and food is cheaper.for igbos there there is a population issue down south.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by Olaedo1: 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2011
asha 80:

hehe guy your blood hot o.however i have come across a number of them they say they prefer up north because competition for business and life in general is lesser there and food is cheaper.for igbos there there is a population issue down south.

In other words,those zombies are staying there because of money.
Re: Jos Bombing: Igbo Youth Movement Decries Govt Inaction by asha80(m): 10:16pm On Jan 03, 2011
Ola edo:

In other words,those zombies are staying there because of money.

well most often than not

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Nigeria So Disorganized? / Breaking News:kabiru Sokoto Escapes Again? / Minor Tribes Of Nigeria : Who Are They And Where Can They Be Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.