Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,360 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) (67506 Views)

2 U.S Army Helicopters Crash Within 48 Hours, Killing Soldiers (Photos) / Johnson Arumemi-Ikhide, Arik Air Founder Barred From Airline’s Premises / Two US Army Helicopters Crash During Training, Several Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by Nwaelohim: 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
Trueigbo:
Wike remains the chief security officer of rivers state

But you where blaming Buhari for criminality in Rivers State before, so you believe wike was part of the problems of security in the state. Good to know
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by fergie001: 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
PVision2020:

So you admit this whole charade is all about politics and not about right or wrong/the rule of law.
So the governor of Lagos, Kano, Enugu, FCT Minister, receives the manifest of all the Airlines, Helicopter and Jets that lands in their domain every day right ... this a very petty argument.
So Sanwoolu should arrest Airpeace Pilots because he wasn't informed of their arrivals and also insist on seeing their manifest...
And you talk of respect...what does respect have to do with procedures and the rule of law?
Wrong on whose side?
So his been informed to you means he must get the manifest...was that what you heard?
What does the procedure of law say about States and lands therewith?

Well I have explained it to you....the same thing you are doing is what Sirika is doing which will lead to nowhere.

Caverton has been sealed, the pilots have been remanded in custody as declared by the Courts. Sirika can give orders to unseal the place if he isn't pleased.

If he is unsatisfied, he can prosecute the RVSG, which I wouldn't advise.

If you are close to Sirika, the best advise for him is to call the Executive Gov of the State and iron out issues with him. No need for this back and forth.

So that we can sort out the primary issue before us.
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by AmTruth: 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
No state absolutely depends on a cooperate organization not even Shell or LNG. The Truth is that it takes actions like this to make firm move out from a state bit by bit.

And you think other operators think they would be immune to the governor ways of doing things, hence the national aviation industry have issue a warning to the state government inclusive of the so called others operators you are talking about

What makes you think people will easily allow Rivers State indigene to take up position. When the state is not in good terms with them.
It takes unique skills to be in the aviation industry
And shell and other multinational have been using this guys for years and you think they will put the risks of their personnel because they want to employ indigene.

This is not indigene company.
Nodogragra4me:

You are wailing in vain. They need Rivers State more than the state need Caverton.

The bulk of their operation is within the state oil sector.

Other operators will more than fill the gap. They won't be missed.

Rivers indigenes will take up their opportunity
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by senatordave1(m): 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
fabolouz1:
In a democracy a state Governor has no power to tell council chairman what to do in their domain,but truth is these chairmen weren't elected. The mayor of new York doesn't now down to the rules of the Governor of new York, so does other mayors
Wike is a tyrant.
That is just it.you summed it.fergie,look at this.
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by senatordave1(m): 12:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
AmTruth:
No state absolutely depends on a cooperate organization not even Shell or LNG. The Truth is that it takes actions like this to make firm move out from a state bit by bit.

And you think other operators think they would be immune to the governor ways of doing things, hence the national aviation industry have issue a warning to the state government inclusive of the so called others operators you are talking about

What makes you think people will easily allow Rivers State indigene to take up position. When the state is not in good terms with them.
And shell and other multinational have been using this guys for years and you think they will put the risks of their personnel because they want to employ indigene.

Fergie,kinematics and other wike emergency fans,this is it.a lot of firms have relocated from rivers.this is one of the reasons why many firms planning to come to rivers will go elsewhere.no true businessman will want such governmental interference
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by senatordave1(m): 12:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

So the governor should go and wait for the passengers after giving state order that you are free to use the federal facility but not to venture into any inch of land under his jurisdiction
Na you sabi
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by senatordave1(m): 12:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
maxzzo1:

U get ear problem abi ?
You mean you get eye problem
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by PHijo(m): 12:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
senatordave1:

That is because wike chops their benefits alone

So what made him decide not to "chop" again now?
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by senatordave1(m): 12:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
PHijo:

So what made him decide not to "chop" again now?
E dun hook am.plus he acts without thinking
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by fergie001: 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2020
senatordave1:

But you will insult the law on exclusive list ironically? Like someone said up there,wike is legally wrong.the crucial question is whether wike was informed or not and you have dodged it.look at even ayade,last week two flights were to come to calabar.he stopped and the one he couldn't stop,he got them quarantined.there's no hiding it here
Similar movements happen in delta and aks,do you hear their governor make noise? My friend,the fault is from wike
Go and unseal Caverton's office.

There is a way you deal with people and get things done. I am right, you are wrong, all of a sudden Caverton is sealed, and their pilots are in custody.

You can advise Sirika to take it to Court.
That's my honest opinion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
Smithkafors:
You wan follow state government drag land .Next will be illegal structure.Government in Nigeria na jungle o.
what about tax.... electricity bill... etc
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by fergie001: 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
senatordave1:

Fergie,kinematics and other wike emergency fans,this is it.a lot of firms have relocated from rivers.this is one of the reasons why many firms planning to come to rivers will go elsewhere.no true businessman will want such governmental interference
So I am now a Wike emergency fan because I think he is right.

You are very funny...I won't say more, you know what that means.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by senatordave1(m): 12:12pm On Apr 09, 2020
fergie001:

Go and unseal Caverton's office.

There is a way you deal with people and get things done. I am right, you are wrong, all of a sudden Caverton is sealed, and their pilots are in custody.

You can advise Sirika to take it to Court.
That's my honest opinion.
This is petty.you sound strange.i thought you will quote any law to back up wike.anyway,be bold enough to admit defeat and stop beating about the bush....
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by senatordave1(m): 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
fergie001:

So I am now a Wike emergency fan because I think he is right.

You are very funny...I won't say more, you know what that means.
There's no hiding it for wike and you.unfortunately this is not a supreme court review.it is a matter of using common sense and diplomacy which wike failed to
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by alfajohn: 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
All of you people supporting Wike I hope you have read the press release of airlines association of Nigeria that if the pilots are not released within 24 hours they will boycott Rivers state for 3 months both scheduled and charter flights. Am not a fan of anybody flouting rules but in this case Wike erred. The people flown in has been arrested who are they. Are they oil workers if yes are they exempted from the lock down. So if yes what offence has Caverton committed. Governance is not by agbero like behaviour.
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by fergie001: 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
senatordave1:

This is petty.you sound strange.i thought you will quote any law to back up wike.anyway,be bold enough to admit defeat and stop beating about the bush....
That is all you know....victory...defeat...
That is what every issue mean to you..Grow Up
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by Burruchaga71(m): 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
Absolutely rubbish
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by GenSam(m): 12:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
Tetrahedron:
;DWhat you people dont know is that Wike grin have just sealed off NNPC/Shell and some operators from going to work

They will quickly seek the service of Bristow to render chopper services for field operations

1 Like

Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by PVision2020(m): 12:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
fergie001:

Wrong on whose side?
So his been informed to you means he must get the manifest...was that what you heard?
What does the procedure of law say about States and lands therewith?

Well I have explained it to you....the same thing you are doing is what Sirika is doing which will lead to nowhere.

Caverton has been sealed, the pilots have been remanded in custosy as declared by the Courts. Sirika can give orders to unseal the place if he isn't pleased.

If he is unsatisfied, he can prosecute the RVSG, which I wouldn't advise.

If you are close to Sirika, the best advise for him is to call the Executive Gov of the State and iron out issues with him. No need for this back and forth.

So that we can sort out the primary issue before us.
Please show me any law that backs' up Wike's actions....
Wike requested for the manifest i.e the identity of the people on board.
The FG controls Aviation, Caverton landed on a FG property (NAF Base), Caverton got permission from every necessary agencies of Govt before embarking on the flight....
Mind you state high court does not have the capacity to hear a case in which a FG institution is part of....so just an exparte injunction from a Federal high court in sambisa will nullify the joke you called state high court.

There's no back and forth anywhere, Wike will simply be given the ameachi treatment and nothing will happen.

We will all be here when Wike and Rivers State either apologise, settle out of court or pay a heavy fine....

1 Like

Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by toxtimmy: 12:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
alfajohn:
All of you people supporting Wike I hope you have read the press release of airlines association of Nigeria that if the pilots are not released within 24 hours they will boycott Rivers state for 3 months both scheduled and charter flights. Am not a fan of anybody flouting rules but in this case Wike erred. The people flown in has been arrested who are they. Are they oil workers if yes are they exempted from the lock down. So if yes what offence has Caverton committed. Governance is not by agbero like behaviour.

It should have been 2 hrs notice.... Honestly Woke has animal or mental issues.
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by fergie001: 12:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
senatordave1:

There's no hiding it for wike and you.unfortunately this is not a supreme court review.it is a matter of using common sense and diplomacy which wike failed to
And who is petty now?

Well, our Courts are always there to help us. When Buhari declared a lockdown...we still had different divides. Some who said yes he is right or no he isn't.

I dont know why any issue you must bring it from the prism of party or something, I really struggle to understand you atimes.
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by fergie001: 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by peeps4u: 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
Throwback:
Hasn't the aviation minister representing the Federal Government state clearly that Caverton got clearance to operate the flight?

Or was Wike expecting that he should be the one to grant such clearance?

I hope Wike remembers his time as a Federal Minister and how the Federal Government can frustrate a state government like he did to Rotimi Amaechi.

Time for neighboring states to benefit from Caverton's relocation from Rivers.

Wrong move from FG.
The lock down was ordered by RVSG, FG should have approached the state govt to seek clearance foe Caverton or rather sent the clearance letter to the state govt.

FG wasnt in postion to give clearance for an order issued by the state.

My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by PHijo(m): 12:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
senatordave1:

E dun hook am.plus he acts without thinking

How?
Please, on this issue we are FULLY behind governor Wike.
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by mechanics(m): 12:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
This is purely wickedness.
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by bnovative(m): 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
Who owns carveton helicopters?
Who were the passengers and what was their mission in Rivers state?
What was their health status as regard Covid 19?
Rivers state is one of the states that keeps this nation afloat financially, yet the fg doesn't consider it fair to include her in it palliative programme; how pathetic!
Guns and ammunitions are in the exclusive list, does that make gun running a legitimate business?
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by 0m0nnakoda: 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
bnovative:
Who owns carveton helicopters?
Who were the passengers and what was their mission in Rivers state?
What was their health status as regard Covid 19?
Rivers state is one of the states that keeps this nation afloat financially, yet the fg doesn't consider it fair to include her in it palliative programme; how pathetic!
Guns and ammunitions are in the exclusive list, does that make gun running a legitimate business?
Belongs to a guy called Makanjuola.
They need to comply with the rules of the state and not put lives at risk unnecessarily

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by Moventist: 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
bkool7:

Thank God you said, " when they landed."

Wike went to the airport to arrest these ones even b4 they landed

So he created wings and met them on air? Your village people no try for you
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
AmTruth:

Calverton has a monetary. If push comes to shove an indigene will acquires their assets, particularly, the airmen, not fly the helicopter.

The issue will resolve this issue but on wike terms... Do as he has instructed or your life will be made miserable all through the remaining periods of his stay in office
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
this is a problem of miscommunication , it appears the governor was not aware of the directives by the FG that flights by companies like caverton are on exclusive list and that the commissioner of police and air force officers in rivers state are employees of the FG not state governors.

solution, deduct 2bn from Lagos convid intervention fund and give to wike.
Re: Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 09, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos Can Never Be Compared With Abuja - Lady Blasts Lagosians / This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki / Where The Original Indigenes Of Abuja Now Live (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.